Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The balcony scene from "Underground", gotta love the ending to that episode.

    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Damn, you mean I could have said it was mine?
      Yup, and I wouldn't even have noticed.

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      And a little lemming was busy chewing on Rodney's computer wires.
      That didn't happen until much, much later...

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      WHOA!!!!!! We'll have a HUGE party for that one. Now that's a milestone!
      Nah... It just means I spend way too much time here.

      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I just hope our little lemming is properly grounded against electric shock.
      It's shockingly interesting, electricity I mean.

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Red velvet? Or maybe something else.... hmmm... what do lemmings eat?
      As long as there is sugar, lemmings are happy.

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      : Damn it, she never told me where she hid that tape we made. Where the hell could it be?

      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      FH is a unique treasure. She's small enough to crawl through all the ventilation shafts in Atlantis and plant cameras.
      Don't I know it - one of my handy features.

      And it totally reminds me of that comment John makes in Quarantine about Radek crawling through the vents.

      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Since I'm actually not a big fan of red velvet, I'll continue to donate copious amounts of sugar.
      Copious amounts of sugar... one day Kate's going to come in here and give y'all a speech about what sugar does to the Lemming.



      ***

      Sidenote: SGA Rising works fine for me!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

      Comment


        Sorry I didn't contribute more today. I'm feeling a little off kilter, and my energy evaporated as soon as work was done today.

        That and I read "The Hunger Games" in under four hours. I'm hooked.

        Oh well. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day! Good night!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Deliberate repost cause this totally screams - CAPTION ME!



          : *rocking back and forth casually* I thought, you know, we could like go back to the jumper cause, you know, the others are busy and out of the way, and, you know, we could like totally lock ourselves in like old times. But if you don't want to, that's fine... you know... *whistles innocently*

          : Okay!
          Gold! Pure gold!


          Sheppard was married so partially correct. What was her name again.... N... Na... Nancy. *is proud she remembers*
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

          "Was," past tense, being the operative indicator, of course.
          I had a look at that post. Aside from the relative noobness of not realising about thread etiquette, I think she(?) was referring to Joe with the married comment.

          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I don't think he was just looking for a stapler. Poor baby was so sad.

          http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...is/adrift1.png
          Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          I'm sorry. Now I keep imagine him looking for a stapler in that picture. And he's sad because he has no stapler. It makes the picture slightly hilarious.
          Sheppard: No stapler?! That's the last straw, Weir must go!!

          or:

          Sheppard: You know what this office needs to make itself more inviting? Inappropriate lounge chairs

          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I thought you had a Mac. Aren't they the Titanic of computers?

          Oops. Bad pun.
          Pioneering? Or built with poor craftmanship (the bulkheads on the Titanic would have worked if they went all the way up )

          Quick research question for fic: as of Season 3, does Atlantis have MALPS, or regularly use them on missions? I'm drawing a blank and don't have a way to look it up myself right now ...

          In lieu of payment, I'll green you and send cake. And possible Chipotle.
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          They used a MALP in Season 3's Phantoms, so I'd say that yes, they're still in regular use.
          And also in Progeny.

          Niam: It's so pretty. I think I may have finally found a mate

          Other Replicator: Steady on there buddy, we don't even know what sex it is

          Niam: Does that matter?

          Other Replicator: God only knows with you



          They also used one in The Shrine as a diversion

          Originally posted by Brie View Post
          The balcony scene from "Underground", gotta love the ending to that episode.

          I didn't know how to seperate them, but for that last one:

          Weir: Do you like my new top? It's new

          Sheppard: I love it. It's very....inviting

          Weir: I thought you might say that. And see this line down the middle? A gentle tug and the whole thing rips in two

          Sheppard: *gulp*


          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          : Damn it, she never told me where she hid that tape we made. Where the hell could it be?
          You really are on a roll at the moment
          sigpic

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkys!!!

            Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Sheppard: No stapler?! That's the last straw, Weir must go!!

            or:

            Sheppard: You know what this office needs to make itself more inviting? Inappropriate lounge chairs
            *smirks*

            Shep couldn't lounge in the chairs that Carter put in the office. They made him look like he was in the principal's office. Whereas with the little chairs that Lizzeh had in there, he could sit any which way he wanted. And for that, we salute you, John Sheppard.

            Pioneering? Or built with poor craftmanship (the bulkheads on the Titanic would have worked if they went all the way up )
            And it never would've sunk if they thought that people would loyally follow them no matter what they wrote -- oh wait. Wrong ship.

            And also in Progeny.

            Niam: It's so pretty. I think I may have finally found a mate

            Other Replicator: Steady on there buddy, we don't even know what sex it is

            Niam: Does that matter?

            Other Replicator: God only knows with you


            They also used one in The Shrine as a diversion
            Thank you for that meticulous research and for providing the actual conversation we had never seen on screen. Adds a whole 'nother level to Niam. Your green will arrive shortly.

            I didn't know how to seperate them, but for that last one:

            Weir: Do you like my new top? It's new

            Sheppard: I love it. It's very....inviting

            Weir: I thought you might say that. And see this line down the middle? A gentle tug and the whole thing rips in two

            Sheppard: *gulp*
            And gateraid is back, ladies and gentlemen!

            Comment


              The fic bunnies are on hiatus and helping the pic bunnies. So fickle.

              Comment


                Actually, it wouldn't have mattered if the bulkheads had gone all the way up, the Titanic would have sunk anyway... albeit a little slower maybe, possibly with less people dying although considering first class didn't want to sit with third class that would still have been a rather big number. Plus, third class was locked down below so they were trapped anyway...

                And the materials with which the ship had been build were of lesser quality. Someone had been cutting corners... *shakes head*

                Titanic-geek speaking... I apologize in advance.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Actually, it wouldn't have mattered if the bulkheads had gone all the way up, the Titanic would have sunk anyway... albeit a little slower maybe, possibly with less people dying although considering first class didn't want to sit with third class that would still have been a rather big number. Plus, third class was locked down below so they were trapped anyway...

                  And the materials with which the ship had been build were of lesser quality. Someone had been cutting corners... *shakes head*

                  Titanic-geek speaking... I apologize in advance.
                  You would have loved my Grandma. She had actual clippings from the event and was always fascinated by it.

                  Also I saw Gaelic Storm, the Titantic steerage band, in concert recently. They were great. That's the movie Titantic, not the ship. OMG!
                  sigpic

                  Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    You would have loved my Grandma. She had actual clippings from the event and was always fascinated by it.
                    Awesome.

                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Also I saw Gaelic Storm, the Titantic steerage band, in concert recently. They were great. That's the movie Titantic, not the ship. OMG!
                    They are awesome indeed.

                    And I get to enjoy that steerage band again in just three weeks from now. I'm planning on seeing Titanic on the 14th of April. Not too hyped on the whole 3D thing but just for old time's sake.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I had a look at that post. Aside from the relative noobness of not realising about thread etiquette, I think she(?) was referring to Joe with the married comment.
                      Didn't phrase it very well, though. All kinds of bad things can result when that sort of thing happens.

                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      And also in Progeny.

                      Niam: It's so pretty. I think I may have finally found a mate

                      Other Replicator: Steady on there buddy, we don't even know what sex it is

                      Niam: Does that matter?

                      Other Replicator: God only knows with you
                      *splutters and shakes head*

                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I didn't know how to seperate them, but for that last one:

                      Weir: Do you like my new top? It's new

                      Sheppard: I love it. It's very....inviting

                      Weir: I thought you might say that. And see this line down the middle? A gentle tug and the whole thing rips in two

                      Sheppard: *gulp*
                      RAWR.

                      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      *smirks*

                      Shep couldn't lounge in the chairs that Carter put in the office. They made him look like he was in the principal's office. Whereas with the little chairs that Lizzeh had in there, he could sit any which way he wanted. And for that, we salute you, John Sheppard.
                      AHAHAHAH! Who's the principal on Atlantis now? Huh? Huh? Take that, haters!

                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Actually, it wouldn't have mattered if the bulkheads had gone all the way up, the Titanic would have sunk anyway... albeit a little slower maybe, possibly with less people dying although considering first class didn't want to sit with third class that would still have been a rather big number. Plus, third class was locked down below so they were trapped anyway...

                      And the materials with which the ship had been build were of lesser quality. Someone had been cutting corners... *shakes head*

                      Titanic-geek speaking... I apologize in advance.
                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      You would have loved my Grandma. She had actual clippings from the event and was always fascinated by it.

                      Also I saw Gaelic Storm, the Titantic steerage band, in concert recently. They were great. That's the movie Titantic, not the ship. OMG!
                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      They are awesome indeed.

                      And I get to enjoy that steerage band again in just three weeks from now. I'm planning on seeing Titanic on the 14th of April. Not too hyped on the whole 3D thing but just for old time's sake.
                      *waves* Fellow Titanic geek here! Been nuts about it ever since Ballard found the wreck back in 1985 and I read about it in National Geographic. And yes, I will be going to see the movie again. To squee over the eye candy. That would be the recreation of the ship, not Rose and Jack.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Crap. I actually tried checking it out a few minutes ago and got a weird redirect to Ustream. (which is totally a legit site, but WTF?)
                        Wish I knew. Anti-shipping gremlins maybe?
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                        Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Wish I knew. Anti-shipping gremlins maybe?
                          They can be annoying... especially when exposed to sunlight and water.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            They can be annoying... especially when exposed to sunlight and water.
                            You just made my day, Falcon!!
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                            Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              You just made my day, Falcon!!
                              *takes a bow*
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Wish I knew. Anti-shipping gremlins maybe?
                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                They can be annoying... especially when exposed to sunlight and water.
                                That's brilliant!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X