Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    A big round of applause to the staff of SGA Rising and a glare for being so ebil.

mandogater, loved your ficlet! Especially the pirated copy of Ep III. And I loved all the character matchups.

"The Mentalist" is on. As I'm not a beta, I'll cater my other addiction for a while: Patrick Jane. *droolz*
    Thanks, SW!!

My mom watches "The Mentalist." I've tried a couple times but it hasn't pull me in yet. What are it's good points? Besides Patrick Jane of course.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      i'm assuming this takes place right after condemned?
      Yes. *Gibbs slaps self for not making a reference to that in ficlet*

Thanks, SR! I think anyone of SW's suggestions as to John's face would work.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Yes. *Gibbs slaps self for not making a reference to that in ficlet*
        ah don't worry about it. just a common mistake.

Comment

i'm reading SGA Rising at work. I know it's not good to do that here but love the stories.hihi
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            i'm reading SGA Rising at work. I know it's not good to do that here but love the stories.hihi
            Probie!!! *glomps* How are you, my French sister?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Thanks, SW!!

My mom watches "The Mentalist." I've tried a couple times but it hasn't pull me in yet. What are it's good points? Besides Patrick Jane of course.
              Good cast dynamics. Hilarious as hell. Good B-plot that runs the course of the entire series (Jane's background story). And Patrick Jane.

But that's just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                I have to get back to my shingles get in the way of Sparky's first date if I stop sneezing
                Does that sentence make sense to you?

Yup.

I know, so sad. Gonna miss it. One of those shows I started watching too late in its lifespan. And I'm scratching my head and continually mumbling "what the frak?" tonight.

... In connection with "Eureka" and my fic. Maybe I still need a longer hiatus.
                Haven't seen it yet, now I'm nervous. We watched Eureka from the beginning and are disappointed in the way it went. Now, sadly, we're not sorry to see it go.

OT:
                Spoiler:
                I got a celeb Tweet!

*flails a little*

Heading to bed, good night, everybody!
                I recorded the pilot, now can't wait to watch that one too. There was a bit on Eric M in Parade this week. He talked about shippers. I hope they do it right.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                I'm pretty partial to "Falling Skies" right now. does anyone watch that show?
                We do and like it. Good cast and good story.

Good cast dynamics. Hilarious as hell. Good B-plot that runs the course of the entire series (Jane's background story). And Patrick Jane.

But that's just my two cents.
                ITA on The Mentalist. The supporting cast is superb and watching Jane do his thing is a treat.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Haven't seen it yet, now I'm nervous. We watched Eureka from the beginning and are disappointed in the way it went. Now, sadly, we're not sorry to see it go.
                  It is sad when shows change so dramatically over the course of its run that the original fans can't stand it anymore.

I recorded the pilot, now can't wait to watch that one too. There was a bit on Eric M in Parade this week. He talked about shippers. I hope they do it right.
                  I was very impressed. TVGuide had promoted his character as being a mix between Sherlock Holmes, Monk, Patrick Jane, and someone else I can't recall (maybe Shawn Spencer?), but they did it in such a way that I would never look at it and go, "Oh, there just trying to copy cat these other shows." It was unique, and I plan to be watching next week.

ITA on The Mentalist. The supporting cast is superb and watching Jane do his thing is a treat.
                  Spoiler:
                  I just saw the one on TNT where the yellow Ferrari that Jane had been driving, just based off of Walter's reactions, fell over the cliff into the ocean. I'm still laughing.

Comment

And holy guacamole, 63 guests! Come out and say hi! We have cookies ...

Comment

Probie!!! *glomps* How are you, my French sister?
                      I'm dying.lol Too much work! But I'm fine and you?

About "The Mentalist", I'm not a big fan. I watched the first season. I liked it but it's not very "new". It's like Castle. Please don't kill me. I know there are many fans here.lol
                      My mom and a friend are in love with Patrick Jane.
                      sigpic

Comment

Does that sentence make sense to you?
                        Throw me a bone, Im not feeling so hot
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Probie! Good to see you, how're you doing?

Hmm, I've never watched Eureka. I guess I should just avoid it then, eh?

It is sad when shows change so dramatically over the course of its run that the original fans can't stand it anymore.
                          That can certainly be said about a number of shows.

And holy guacamole, 63 guests! Come out and say hi! We have cookies ...
                          I think they must've run away. Ooops, did they see me coming out to play this morning?
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm dying.lol Too much work! But I'm fine and you?

About "The Mentalist", I'm not a big fan. I watched the first season. I liked it but it's not very "new". It's like Castle. Please don't kill me. I know there are many fans here.lol
                            My mom and a friend are in love with Patrick Jane.
                            Hey little daughter. The Mentalist is indeed not "new" but it's well done and he's fun to watch. That's good enough for me. Nothing is really new. Shows that are truly different don't ever last. Lie To Me is a good example, truly original and fresh but it lacked pretty people for the most part and the lead guy was extremely annoying in a good way. Rodney McKay on crack. We adored him but it only lasted 3 years.

Now if you want different, check out Hell on Wheels. You might also learn some US history and fall in love with Mr. Bohannan. He's John Sheppard with an attitude and a Southern accent that will melt butter.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Probie! Good to see you, how're you doing?

Hmm, I've never watched Eureka. I guess I should just avoid it then, eh?

That can certainly be said about a number of shows.

I think they must've run away. Ooops, did they see me coming out to play this morning?
                              Eureka is worth the watch, but start at the beginning. You can decide for yourself when to stop. Some of us think they picked the wrong ship, but it has great humor and characters that are endearing. Even the last couple of seasons have some high points. Felicia Day is the biggest one.
                              sigpic

Comment

SK: I'm fine, thank you. I'm at work, trying to find a solution to a case but I can't because there is no solution I think and I'm angry.lol
                                And you?

Hey little daughter. The Mentalist is indeed not "new" but it's well done and he's fun to watch. That's good enough for me. Nothing is really new. Shows that are truly different don't ever last. Lie To Me is a good example, truly original and fresh but it lacked pretty people for the most part and the lead guy was extremely annoying in a good way. Rodney McKay on crack. We adored him but it only lasted 3 years.

Now if you want different, check out Hell on Wheels. You might also learn some US history and fall in love with Mr. Bohannan. He's John Sheppard with an attitude and a Southern accent that will melt butter.
                                "Hell on Wheels". Ok I will try it.
                                I was doing some research and M. Bohannan shirtless is interesting....Yes I'm a girl.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X