No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am starting to realize that each fic I write in my Colliding Worlds Universe has Thomas More rooting for Sparky.....If only the fic were real, I would love to see him be the mother of all Sparky fans.
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Just got back from the movies. Mom and I saw that DisneyNature movie, "Chimpanzee". So adorable and amazing!

I'll read what you wrote after I'm done here, mandogater.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      For just playing around, I think you did one heck of a job, SW!!
      *squee* Thanks!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *flails* Love truly never fails! And we won't fail our Sparky!
      No, it doesn't, and no, we won't!

Comment

I just remembered I already wrote something about Ronon getting to watch Star Wars in that giant crossovver I've shared parts of before. Here's just the Ronon centered parts.

From the beginning of the chapter which is set not long after Sateda
        Spoiler:
        “What are you up to, sir,” asked Major Evan Lorne as he saw Sheppard, Ronon and McKay headed for the rec. room with what looked like the entire Star Wars saga on DVD.

“Since we’re on stand down until Ronon gets cleared by Carson, I thought I’d finally show him the Star Wars saga and get incite from people that were actually there,” answered Sheppard as he motioned to indicate Sulla, the Null-class Advanced Reconnaissance Commandos and Bardan were already in the room.

“Mind if I tag along, sir? This could be interesting.”

“Aye,” agreed Dr. Carson Beckett as he walked up to the group. “I’d like to see what Ronon thinks of the character you nicknamed him for.”

“Why not,” said a suddenly hesitant Sheppard as he wondered about the beating Ronon might give him during their next sparring session.

And from the end of the chapter
        Spoiler:

“So I remind you of a Wookiee,” said Ronon with a serious expression on his face after Return of the Jedi finished.

“Well ya,” began Sheppard. “You are tall, strong and super loyal to your friends.”

“That’s what I thought you‘d say,” laughed Ronon as he slapped Sheppard on the back on his way out the door. He would never admit it, but he enjoyed messing with Sheppard every chance he got.

What do you all think? Should I try again and set it sometime after Condemned with Elizabeth and Carson joining Team Sheppard?
        Yes, yes I do. And extra brownie points if you throw in something about Elizabeth and the metal bikini from RotJ. *falls over laughing*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Yes, yes I do. And extra brownie points if you throw in something about Elizabeth and the metal bikini from RotJ. *falls over laughing*
          Seconded!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*drops off another one*

I would love to steal MR's mad skillz get better at making them a little more complex, but baby steps, I guess.

I think I'll be hitting the hay soon, so if I'm not back, have a good night and see you all tomorrow!

Comment

John and lizzie y u look so perfect together!
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Notes have been made. Will see what I can come up with.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

has anyone ever thought about writing a fic where after the atlantis team rescue atlantis from the asurans The IOA denies General O'Neill's request for Weir and her expedition to return? how do you think john and elizabeth's relationship would've developed afterwards?

Comment

Notes have been made. Will see what I can come up with.
                    *nods* Good. *throws carrots back at mandogater's fic bunnies*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    has anyone ever thought about writing a fic where after the atlantis team rescue atlantis from the asurans The IOA denies General O'Neill's request for Weir and her expedition to return? how do you think john and elizabeth's relationship would've developed afterwards?
                    Hmm. No, I've never thought about that possibility. But I'd assume if the IOA refused to let them go back to Atlantis, then they might be leading lives very similar to what we saw in "The Return Part 1". It seems by that time, John was becoming better about being obedient to his superiors. I doubt they'd risk doing anything stupid that might jeopardize the chances of them ever getting home. Oh wait. That's the plotline for "The Return Part 2".

Or they'd run off to some desolate planet in Pegasus and wait for the right time to invade Atlantis and take it over again.

*looks at what she's read and decides she needs breakfast*

Comment

*drops off another one*

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...agoodwoman.jpg

I would love to steal MR's mad skillz get better at making them a little more complex, but baby steps, I guess.

I think I'll be hitting the hay soon, so if I'm not back, have a good night and see you all tomorrow!
                      Another great one. You're conquering GIMP in a big way.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      There were lots of fics written about them staying on Earth and growing closer. I don't know how you missed them. I wish I had links but sorry I don't.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Another great one. You're conquering GIMP in a big way.

There were lots of fics written about them staying on Earth and growing closer. I don't know how you missed them. I wish I had links but sorry I don't.
                        Thanks!

And I remember a few of those fics, but unfortunately don't have time to link them. Got some things to do today and need to go get ready.

Have a good one! Be back later!

Comment

Good morning Sparkies!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            It looks like Sparky had a good night.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

I was reading through Joseph Mallozzi's blog (though no comments yet just what he said and a few thing I must admit made me both laugh and roll my eyes:

From ‘Critical Mass’

One of the great things about having a franchise run as long as Stargate did was the opportunity we had to create and develop a very rich backstory.
                              I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.

It should be noted that I wasn’t the only one who had issues with this episode in its early stages. Some of the cast members objected to the introduction of SG-1 elements for completely different reasons: they felt Atlantis had to stand on its own and any crossover somehow minimized it as a unique series. While I sympathized, I nevertheless felt that crossover was a good thing, strengthening both shows and the franchise as a whole. Others found the story muddled (as result, the episode was renamed Critical Mess by some). But, in the end, while the presence of a go’auld on Atlantis still feels strange to me, the story is dynamic and suspenseful, building to a terrific surprise reveal and nail-biter of a conclusion
                              I’m with the others on this; I always felt that they spent so much time in the beginning to separate the two shows that when they started to bring the two together more it got a bit weird. I also gotta say "Critical Mess" was priceless.

Weir crosses the line, something that makes her uncomfortable and that she readily admits to at episode’s end. By giving Ronon the go-ahead to torture Kavanaugh, she makes a most uncharacteristic decision under extreme circumstances. Personally, I don’t blame her. I would have made the same call. Still, she’s a better person than I am so I hold her to a higher standard. Thoughts? Was it the right call?
                              She’s awesome but she was put in a tight spot, it was also obvious by the conversation that she had with John afterwards that she felt guilty and terrible about it so I’d say she’s forgiven.

I put most of what he said about 'The Long Goodbye' here:

THE LONG GOODBYE (216)

Why does everyone automatically believe that it is Weir they are speaking to and not the alien entity that has entered her body?

Why does Sheppard, the city’s highest ranking military officer, recklessly allow himself to be possessed by an alien entity?

In retrospect, I think these issues could have been addressed by having both Weir and Sheppard struck at the same time while both pods are being studied. Both go down and are transported to the infirmary but it is Weir who comes to first. By the time she, Phebus/Weir, realizes the situation she’s in, Thalen/Sheppard is awake and on the run.

If Phebus is so eager to “win the war” by killing her old rival, why doesn’t she do it while he’s still in the pod and vulnerable? It can’t be because of any consequences she may face at the hands of the Atlantis crew because she knows she has only a few hours to live, readily admitting as much earlier. It can be “the thrill of the hunt” because, at episode’s end, she orders Teyla to drag her bound enemy into camera range so she (Phebus) can watch Teyla kill him.

This too could have been addressed by rolling with the aforementioned scenario. If she never has the opportunity to kill him off the top, this isn’t an issue.

The best part of this episode was getting to see Weir/Torri kick ass.
                              Again it’s like we were watching two different shows, I always thought it was obvious why he agreed to let Thalan possess him, it was for the simple reason that he thought that it was Elizabeth that asked him. Nothing about the kiss between them nor about the end scene and the fact that unlike in say 'Conversion' we at least didn't have John say that he wasn't going to think about it again. I defiantly did agree with that last part though.
                              There are a few more things in this about THAT line, you know which one I means, but since he refused to acknowledge the hole plot in ‘Conversion’ I’m going to ignore this one, I must say though that I’m a bit curies to see about what he will say about 'TRW'

I also noticed that he said a similar thing about ‘Epiphany’ as he said about ‘Sanctuary’, I guess it was because it was a John episode and maybe even a bit because Joe himself had something to so with it.
                              He also brought up the gateworld fan awards but didn’t say much about our choices, especially when it was shown that our top 3 season 1 episodes were ‘The Eye’, ‘Before I Sleep’ and ‘The Seige pt 2’, they were my favorite episodes anyway.

Oh well, it is pretty amazing how much the oppinions grwos appart depending on what you wanted to see, though I don't think anyone is wrong but it's weird how many saw something yet accordning the PTB did not, even now so long afterwards.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Hello everyone!

I was reading through Joseph Mallozzi's blog (though no comments yet just what he said and a few thing I must admit made me both laugh and roll my eyes:

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.

I’m with the others on this; I always felt that they spent so much time in the beginning to separate the two shows that when they started to bring the two together more it got a bit weird. I also gotta say "Critical Mess" was priceless.

She’s awesome but she was put in a tight spot, it was also obvious by the conversation that she had with John afterwards that she felt guilty and terrible about it so I’d say she’s forgiven.

I put most of what he said about 'The Long Goodbye' here:

Again it’s like we were watching two different shows, I always thought it was obvious why he agreed to let Thalan possess him, it was for the simple reason that he thought that it was Elizabeth that asked him. Nothing about the kiss between them nor about the end scene and the fact that unlike in say 'Conversion' we at least didn't have John say that he wasn't going to think about it again. I defiantly did agree with that last part though.
                                There are a few more things in this about THAT line, you know which one I means, but since he refused to acknowledge the hole plot in ‘Conversion’ I’m going to ignore this one, I must say though that I’m a bit curies to see about what he will say about 'TRW'

I also noticed that he said a similar thing about ‘Epiphany’ as he said about ‘Sanctuary’, I guess it was because it was a John episode and maybe even a bit because Joe himself had something to so with it.
                                He also brought up the gateworld fan awards but didn’t say much about our choices, especially when it was shown that our top 3 season 1 episodes were ‘The Eye’, ‘Before I Sleep’ and ‘The Seige pt 2’, they were my favorite episodes anyway.

Oh well, it is pretty amazing how much the oppinions grwos appart depending on what you wanted to see, though I don't think anyone is wrong but it's weird how many saw something yet accordning the PTB did not, even now so long afterwards.
                                Notice that he goes into detail on how he never watched the finished product until he watched it for his recap. I think all that time has made him forget a few things. Plus, you have to know that JM likes to mess with the fans. In the old days he would say something totally ridiculous and controversial just to rile us up, particularly about shipping. And also he's just one voice among many. Thank heavens that he was overruled a number of times.

And yes, you won't hear him talk about what a good acting job JF did. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Common Ground and Phantoms. Be ready to get angry again. The only thing JM has accomplished is to make all shippers hate him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X