Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And a happy fluffy Thursday to you too. It sure is quiet around here. Somebody needs to stir up some trouble.
    We aim to misbehave.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Hello everyone!

I managed to get the hold of 'Casualties of War' yesterday and then I was looking around online to see if I could find ’Mirror Mirror’ but I haven’t had any luck yet, I did find ’A Necessary Evil’ though so I’m thinking of buying that.
    What are you waiting for? Buy it! Buy it! It's awesome.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Oh lord. I was writing a prompt, then deleted it and just started on this:

Spoiler:
    This was bad. On a scale of one to ten, this was a close nine.

Then again, there were no Wraith, no Replicators. He cocked his head and knocked the estimate down to a six.

Flying the Jumper back from the capital city where Elizabeth had been in meetings with the local representatives, they had passed through some distortion which left the engines on the fritz and forced the Jumper to skid down a sandy plain. The impact had caught them off-guard; Elizabeth had just retrieved something from her pack and was walking back to the front cabin when they hit -- whatever it was -- and she stepped harshly on her ankle, collapsing her to the floor as he tried to level out as they descended.

They made an emergency landing on a sandy plain, as best as he could. Once the Jumper stopped, John jumped out of his seat and knelt down next to Elizabeth. "You okay?"

She gritted her teeth, but nodded. "I'm okay."

He ran to the back hatch and popped the latch, keeping a firm grasp on his gun as his held the LSD in front of him. There were no lifesigns -- not even wildlife. "It doesn't look like there's anybody here."

"What about the engines?" Elizabeth asked as she sat upright against the wall.

John holstered his gun again, then made his way back to the HUD. When it activated, he quickly skimmed over the vitals of the Jumper. "At the moment, we're not going anywhere."

"Is the Stargate within walking distance?"

He glanced back at her. "I think so."

Elizabeth tried to stand up, but the moment she transferred her weight to her left foot she cried out and dropped to the floor again. "Damn," she whispered, positioning herself against the wall again.

John bit his lip. "How bad is it?"

"Let's just say I won't be walking until I get to the infirmary."

He sighed. "Okay, okay," he mumbled, eyes darting around the interior. "It may take a little longer, but I think I can get the engines working again. If I can figure out what made us crash in the first place."

"It wasn't weapons fire?" Elizabeth clarified.

"No. It's like the Jumper passed through an EM field or something."

"Well ... maybe it did."

After reviewing the sensor data, John conceded the point to Elizabeth.

"Can we dial the 'Gate from this distance?"

John began punching in the address and, once the computer detected a wormhole, he opened a channel. "Atlantis, this is Sheppard. Please respond."

"Go ahead, Colonel," Rodney McKay responded.

"We hit some interference on the way back. Jumper's on the ground, engines are inoperable." He glanced over at Elizabeth. "And Doctor Weir's got a sprained ankle. We can't make it back to the 'Gate on foot."

"Can you repair the damage to the engines?"

John tilted his head. "It'd probably go faster if you were here, Rodney."

"Well, then we've got a problem."

"What's wrong, Rodney?" Elizabeth asked.

"There's a servo that's jammed the Jumper Bay doors into the 'Gate room. We can't get to you as quick as you'd like."

"Well, what if you walked?" John asked in his most "duh" voice.

He heard McKay let out a frustrated groan. "How far are you from the 'Gate?"

"About seven miles."

"Well, by the time we get a team together, and hike out to you, it'll probably be dinnertime."

John bristled. "McKay..."

"Fine, fine, I'll get low blood sugar and collapse while repairing the Jumper. Then we're all screwed."

"Hit the drive thru, you'll be fine," John snarked. "And get Beckett. He can check Elizabeth's ankle."

"John, it's not broken," she replied.

"Better safe than sorry," he responded, hazel eyes turning and meeting her green ones.

Slowly, Elizabeth agreed and nodded.

With their eyes still locked, John spoke to Rodney. "Let us know when you're on your way. Sheppard out."

I'll write more later, I'm in between classes at the moment!!!
    ZOMG, you're killing me here! I hope you get that finished soon, it's off to a great start!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

Then again, there were no Wraith, no Replicators. He cocked his head and knocked the estimate down to a six.

Flying the Jumper back from the capital city where Elizabeth had been in meetings with the local representatives, they had passed through some distortion which left the engines on the fritz and forced the Jumper to skid down a sandy plain. The impact had caught them off-guard; Elizabeth had just retrieved something from her pack and was walking back to the front cabin when they hit -- whatever it was -- and she stepped harshly on her ankle, collapsing her to the floor as he tried to level out as they descended.

They made an emergency landing on a sandy plain, as best as he could. Once the Jumper stopped, John jumped out of his seat and knelt down next to Elizabeth. "You okay?"

He ran to the back hatch and popped the latch, keeping a firm grasp on his gun as his held the LSD in front of him. There were no lifesigns -- not even wildlife. "It doesn't look like there's anybody here."

John holstered his gun again, then made his way back to the HUD. When it activated, he quickly skimmed over the vitals of the Jumper. "At the moment, we're not going anywhere."

Elizabeth tried to stand up, but the moment she transferred her weight to her left foot she cried out and dropped to the floor again. "Damn," she whispered, positioning herself against the wall again.

He sighed. "Okay, okay," he mumbled, eyes darting around the interior. "It may take a little longer, but I think I can get the engines working again. If I can figure out what made us crash in the first place."

"Well ... maybe it did."

John began punching in the address and, once the computer detected a wormhole, he opened a channel. "Atlantis, this is Sheppard. Please respond."

"We hit some interference on the way back. Jumper's on the ground, engines are inoperable." He glanced over at Elizabeth. "And Doctor Weir's got a sprained ankle. We can't make it back to the 'Gate on foot."

"There's a servo that's jammed the Jumper Bay doors into the 'Gate room. We can't get to you as quick as you'd like."

"About seven miles."

"Well, by the time we get a team together, and hike out to you, it'll probably be dinnertime."

"Fine, fine, I'll get low blood sugar and collapse while repairing the Jumper. Then we're all screwed."

"Hit the drive thru, you'll be fine," John snarked. "And get Beckett. He can check Elizabeth's ankle."

"Better safe than sorry," he responded, hazel eyes turning and meeting her green ones.

With their eyes still locked, John spoke to Rodney. "Let us know when you're on your way. Sheppard out."

*taps fingers* Waiting for more. Losing patience. Losing patience.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

"Well ... maybe it did."

"About seven miles."

That was an amazing start on a story and I really hope that you’ll continue it because I want to know what will happen to them, not to mention how much I love John and Elizabeth being stuck alone somewhere together stories.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        What are you waiting for? Buy it! Buy it! It's awesome. :zelenka25
        I will, I found the once that was read by Paul and David Nykl (sp?) as well so I was thinking of getting those as well, especially Paul’s since I just love his voice.

I got a new phone yesterday, a HTC (it was apparently the best phone they had at the moment and since it was also the most expensive one I decided to get it since it was free, well, it was part of a campaign where you pay a certain amount a month and you can surf, talk and text etc as much as you want + you got the phone for free, a very sweet deal.) but anyway my mom got a good laugh at me getting all exited about everything I could do with it since my last phone, well, let’s just say it wasn’t very good at doing much other than talking on the phone, funny how it seem to be the last thing people want to do on their phones these days.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Are you in the 501st or did someone let you borrow their's?
          I'm not a member of the 501st, so whenever we do a Star Wars thing I borrow costumes. I'm an extra.
          Though I don't think I'll ever do the Storm Trooper again. However, I'm tempted to try out a C3PO instead - also very uncomfortable no doubt, but I'm a perfect fit for the suit.

I never did understand how anyone could ever sit down in armor designed like that.
          It's impossible to do, so that day I eventually managed to figure out a position in which my upper body could relax a little by leaning against a wall like there's an invisible chair so that you sorta stretch the armor as far as it can go without breaking it... it's fascinating to say the least.

Heck, the clone troopers complain about that very fact in one of the Republic Commando novels.
          Ha... I always wondered about that... that's so cool to know.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I got bored so I put together some Sparky pics from ‘Hot Zone’, both Joe and Torri looked great in that episode (ok, they always look great) but I loved the way they acted it out and acted of each other.

Here are just some mixed once:

Spoiler:

From the final scene in Elizabeth’s office.

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

We aim to misbehave.
              True, dat.

ZOMG, you're killing me here! I hope you get that finished soon, it's off to a great start!
              *taps fingers* Waiting for more. Losing patience. Losing patience.
              Originally posted by Brie View Post
              That was an amazing start on a story and I really hope that you’ll continue it because I want to know what will happen to them, not to mention how much I love John and Elizabeth being stuck alone somewhere together stories.
              Thanks, sorry, and thanks! More will come, but RL is sucky right now, and the fic bunnies are nowhere to be found. My imagination has vanished. Nothing's inspiring me right now -- I'm not even sure where that came from, to be honest. But I'll git er dun!

And Brie, loved, loved, loved the "Hot Zone" photos! Cheered me up a little this evening!

Comment

All right, here's more:
                Spoiler:
                If it wasn't for her trying to move her ankle, or testing it to see if the injury had lessened, Elizabeth wouldn't have even known that it was sprained. It only hurt when she tried to stand on it.

After John had shut down the 'Gate, he rummaged through the cargo nets in the back of the ship and found a small med kit. He knelt down next to her and opened it, glancing over the contents before grabbing an ACE bandage and some ointment. He looked up at her and silently asked permission.

She nodded to him, and pressed her head against the bulkhead.

"You ever sprained your ankle before?" John asked as he rolled her pants leg up.

She nodded. "A few times. Actually, I broke it once in college. I was playing soccer with some girls from my dorm and one of them kicked me in the ankle so hard I saw stars."

John winced in sympathy. "That had to hurt."

"I was hobbling around on crutches during mid-terms. Not fun. Especially when you're trying to get to classes on opposite ends of campus."

He gently felt the bones. "Well, nothing feels broken."

Elizabeth nodded in agreement.

John unscrewed the lid from the cream. She gave him a curious look as he spread some on his fingertips. "What's that?"

He looked at the label as he laid it down in the kit. "Arnica gel. It helps make the pain go away."

She couldn't help but grin. "Thank you, Doctor Sheppard."

John smirked as he rubbed the gel over her ankle, first on the outside, then inside where the bone extended slightly from her foot. "Ya know, if you just wanted a foot rub, you didn't have to go through all this trouble," he joked as his hands carefully turned her foot to the side.

She hissed and chuckled. "Well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

John looked up at her, sharply, as if he couldn't tell if she was being serious or not.

"I'm kidding," she finally replied, breaking into laughter as he smiled back.

They stayed quiet for the next few minutes. John wiped the rest of the gel over her ankle and part of her foot, then gently wrapped the bandage around her ankle. Once it was securely fastened, he tugged the leg of her pants back down.

"All right, now that that's taken care of," he said, closing the kit and standing to put it away, "we have about a half an hour until McKay gets here. So ... any suggestions?"

Elizabeth's eyes roamed around the cabin. "You don't happen to have a laptop in here, do you?"

"Nope. Why?" He narrowed his eyes, but a glint of humor shone through. "So you could play Solitaire?"

She shrugged. "Since that doesn't seem to be an option, why don't we do something else?"

He crossed his arms and sat down on the bench next to her, so that her head was next to his knees. "What did you have in mind?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth to reply, but quickly shut it. She didn't actually have an idea -- she was just trying to keep at bay the nervousness produced from the knowledge that they were the only two people here, and they were all alone. She couldn't think of an answer, and she started to feel a blush creeping across her cheeks.

"How about 'I Spy'?" John suddenly suggested, unfolding his arms and leaning forward on his knees.

Elizabeth had to laugh. "What are we, five?"

"Hey, I'm just giving some options here," he responded, tapping his boots against the floor.

"Why don't we tell each other one thing that we don't know about each other?" she proposed, turning her head to face him.

John cocked his head, then nodded and slid off the bench, gently lowering himself onto the floor next to her. "Something you don't know about me. Hmm ... I had a pony when I was a kid."

"A pony," Elizabeth repeated, trying to keep the grin away from her face.

She didn't succeed.

"Yes, a pony," John replied, feigning being insulted. "My dad got him when I was six. He decided to name him Apollo." As if he was sharing a big secret, he leaned his head closer to Elizabeth. "I called him Sparky. My dad never knew."

She snorted.

"Okay, 'Lizabeth. Your turn."

I have a crush on you was the first thing that came to mind, but she figured it might make things uncomfortable. Not to mention -- yeah. Uncomfortable.

So she told a brief story about how when she was in middle school, her class had PE inside the gym and she was playing catch with a sixth grader who had muscular dystrophy. He sat in a motorized wheelchair and caught the softball that they were throwing back and forth. One time, he threw it the wrong direction and when she tried to catch it, she collided with the cinder block wall of the gym.

John tried to stifle a laugh.

"Derek felt so horrible about it. I had a huge knot on my forehead. So I told him to tell people that he beat me up."

John shook his head, laughing. "So you got beat up in gym ... by a kid in a wheelchair?"

"Motorized," she emphasized.

"That just makes it worse."

They shared a few more details. The reason why he didn't like clowns; how she had ended up with her father's watch; the April Fool's Day prank on McKay that had gone unsolved for months that he took full responsibility for; what made her so against nuclear weapons. Most of it was just to pass the time, but as the half an hour mark passed and it got closer to an hour, she felt like she was talking to an old friend, simply catching up.

Finally, it ended up being his turn again. He took his time answering, and when he did, it completely threw her off.

"Remember when Phebus and Thalen took over our bodies?"

"Yeah."

"When they made us kiss and we kinda agreed to never talk about it again?"

"Yeah?"

John licked his lips, then turned to look at her. "I liked it when you kissed me."

Elizabeth's jaw dropped, and her spirit soared.

Dang, I'm good!!!

Okay, heading to bed. Night!

Comment

Thanks for the Hot Zone pics, Brie! Our Sparky looks so awesome, even when they're arguing with each other!

All right, here's more:
                  Spoiler:
                  If it wasn't for her trying to move her ankle, or testing it to see if the injury had lessened, Elizabeth wouldn't have even known that it was sprained. It only hurt when she tried to stand on it.

After John had shut down the 'Gate, he rummaged through the cargo nets in the back of the ship and found a small med kit. He knelt down next to her and opened it, glancing over the contents before grabbing an ACE bandage and some ointment. He looked up at her and silently asked permission.

"You ever sprained your ankle before?" John asked as he rolled her pants leg up.

She nodded. "A few times. Actually, I broke it once in college. I was playing soccer with some girls from my dorm and one of them kicked me in the ankle so hard I saw stars."

"I was hobbling around on crutches during mid-terms. Not fun. Especially when you're trying to get to classes on opposite ends of campus."

John unscrewed the lid from the cream. She gave him a curious look as he spread some on his fingertips. "What's that?"

He looked at the label as he laid it down in the kit. "Arnica gel. It helps make the pain go away."

John smirked as he rubbed the gel over her ankle, first on the outside, then inside where the bone extended slightly from her foot. "Ya know, if you just wanted a foot rub, you didn't have to go through all this trouble," he joked as his hands carefully turned her foot to the side.

John looked up at her, sharply, as if he couldn't tell if she was being serious or not.

They stayed quiet for the next few minutes. John wiped the rest of the gel over her ankle and part of her foot, then gently wrapped the bandage around her ankle. Once it was securely fastened, he tugged the leg of her pants back down.

"All right, now that that's taken care of," he said, closing the kit and standing to put it away, "we have about a half an hour until McKay gets here. So ... any suggestions?"

Elizabeth's eyes roamed around the cabin. "You don't happen to have a laptop in here, do you?"

"Nope. Why?" He narrowed his eyes, but a glint of humor shone through. "So you could play Solitaire?"

She shrugged. "Since that doesn't seem to be an option, why don't we do something else?"

He crossed his arms and sat down on the bench next to her, so that her head was next to his knees. "What did you have in mind?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth to reply, but quickly shut it. She didn't actually have an idea -- she was just trying to keep at bay the nervousness produced from the knowledge that they were the only two people here, and they were all alone. She couldn't think of an answer, and she started to feel a blush creeping across her cheeks.

"How about 'I Spy'?" John suddenly suggested, unfolding his arms and leaning forward on his knees.

"Hey, I'm just giving some options here," he responded, tapping his boots against the floor.

"Why don't we tell each other one thing that we don't know about each other?" she proposed, turning her head to face him.

John cocked his head, then nodded and slid off the bench, gently lowering himself onto the floor next to her. "Something you don't know about me. Hmm ... I had a pony when I was a kid."

She didn't succeed.

"Yes, a pony," John replied, feigning being insulted. "My dad got him when I was six. He decided to name him Apollo." As if he was sharing a big secret, he leaned his head closer to Elizabeth. "I called him Sparky. My dad never knew."

She snorted.

I have a crush on you was the first thing that came to mind, but she figured it might make things uncomfortable. Not to mention -- yeah. Uncomfortable.

So she told a brief story about how when she was in middle school, her class had PE inside the gym and she was playing catch with a sixth grader who had muscular dystrophy. He sat in a motorized wheelchair and caught the softball that they were throwing back and forth. One time, he threw it the wrong direction and when she tried to catch it, she collided with the cinder block wall of the gym.

"Derek felt so horrible about it. I had a huge knot on my forehead. So I told him to tell people that he beat me up."

John shook his head, laughing. "So you got beat up in gym ... by a kid in a wheelchair?"

They shared a few more details. The reason why he didn't like clowns; how she had ended up with her father's watch; the April Fool's Day prank on McKay that had gone unsolved for months that he took full responsibility for; what made her so against nuclear weapons. Most of it was just to pass the time, but as the half an hour mark passed and it got closer to an hour, she felt like she was talking to an old friend, simply catching up.

Finally, it ended up being his turn again. He took his time answering, and when he did, it completely threw her off.

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

John licked his lips, then turned to look at her. "I liked it when you kissed me."

Dang, I'm good!!!

ZOMG, FLAIL!!!!! *runs around the room squeeing uncontrollably* Darnit SW, you did it again!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I'm not a member of the 501st, so whenever we do a Star Wars thing I borrow costumes. I'm an extra.
                    Though I don't think I'll ever do the Storm Trooper again. However, I'm tempted to try out a C3PO instead - also very uncomfortable no doubt, but I'm a perfect fit for the suit.
                    Wonder if I could find a way to help out with the local garrison at events. *ponders*

3PO probably wouldn't be much better. I remember a behind the scenes thing once were the actor that played 3PO talked about all kinds of problems he had with the costume while they were shooting the first movie.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

All right, here's more:
                      Spoiler:

She didn't succeed.

She snorted.

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

Dang, I'm good!!!

Never saw that ending coming for some reason. I like it!!
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

All right, here's more:
                        Spoiler:

She didn't succeed.

She snorted.

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

Dang, I'm good!!!

You are evil personified.

We never tire of fluff. Sparky fluff keeps the world turning. And a pony named Sparky just makes it sublime.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

We never tire of fluff. Sparky fluff keeps the world turning. And a pony named Sparky just makes it sublime.
                          I now suddenly have this mental picture of John and Elizabeth taking a horseback ride in a forest and having a picnic. Quick, someone save me from this bunny!

Comment

ZOMG, FLAIL!!!!! *runs around the room squeeing uncontrollably* Darnit SW, you did it again!
                            Never saw that ending coming for some reason. I like it!!
                            THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I now suddenly have this mental picture of John and Elizabeth taking a horseback ride in a forest and having a picnic. Quick, someone save me from this bunny!
                            Two words: Stargate Ren. *snorts* Oh wait. That has John and Elizabeth on horseback. Whoops.

Comment

Two words: Stargate Ren. *snorts* Oh wait. That has John and Elizabeth on horseback. Whoops.

Comment

Hello everyone and happy friday!

I'm glad you liked the pics but then when it comes to looking at Sparky what's not to like?

I finally sent out an order on ‘A Necessary Evil’, I hope it works and that it won’t take to long but I’m glad I did it.

All right, here's more:
                                Spoiler:

She didn't succeed.

She snorted.

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

Dang, I'm good!!!

That was awesome, I loved it. I loved seeing the caring and loving side of John we always saw when he was around Elizabeth, and got to love Doctor Sheppard and I must admit that I would prefer this Doctor Sheppard over the one on GA, even if he isn’t so bad either.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X