Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping by with cookies, nobody wants them in my house today

I've currently got an ill Child to deal with - nasty cold/ear infection thing and a kitten that doesn't want to talk to me because she currently looks like this....

Spoiler:

(Not my fault, the vet is making her wear it because she keeps licking her stitches from being spayed on Wednesday )

Good to have Gateraid and the hilarious captions back - even if some of them do make my little McKay see more clueless than he actually is.... wait.... what...... hmmmm nevermind
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...F84E5-orig.jpg

I've currently got an ill Child to deal with - nasty cold/ear infection thing and a kitten that doesn't want to talk to me because she currently looks like this....

Spoiler:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...03ABE-orig.jpg (Not my fault, the vet is making her wear it because she keeps licking her stitches from being spayed on Wednesday )

Good to have Gateraid and the hilarious captions back - even if some of them do make my little McKay see more clueless than he actually is.... wait.... what...... hmmmm nevermind
      LOL You've got your hands full. I'll take a cookie. Yummy.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

While you guys are doing all those cracktastic captions, I'm working on a ficlet. Also cracky.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          And I just recently rewatched Adrift and Lifeline. Adrift is good with the Sparky, but if you look closely, you notice that for most of it John and Teyla are joined at the hip. Do I need to say that Gero wrote this? Then in Lifeline, written by CB, he leaves her behind to watch the city and it's Sparky all the way. Interesting how different the writers were.
          I hate it that Teyla was left behind... absolutely hate it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I kind of see both sides of the argument there. Sometimes I try to imagine a story about what would have happened if something had happened the team and the rest of them had to crash and evacuate the city like Shepard feared and Teyla had to step up as the leader of what was left of the expediton.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Madness reigns: Cookies! I'll never say no to cookies! Hope your munchkin and kitty are feeling better soon.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              While you guys are doing all those cracktastic captions, I'm working on a ficlet. Also cracky.
              Yay, fic! I'll also never say no to Sparky!crack.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I hate it that Teyla was left behind... absolutely hate it.
              Yeah, it's kind of a shame we didn't see Teyla return to Asuras in Lifeline; would've made for a nice bit of symmetry there, with the entire team from Progeny going back. On the other hand, who else really could have remained in charge on Atlantis? Radek seems like the only other reasonable choice, but he would've had his hands full just dealing with the continuing repairs and trying to keep any myriad of technical disasters from bringing down the city before Sheppard & Co. could've returned with the new ZPM. Teyla was in charge on Atlantis when Weir, Sheppard and the others went back to Earth to report to Stargate Command after The Siege, so we know she's had experience in overall city management. It really just wasn't a good situation.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              I kind of see both sides of the argument there. Sometimes I try to imagine a story about what would have happened if something had happened the team and the rest of them had to crash and evacuate the city like Shepard feared and Teyla had to step up as the leader of what was left of the expediton.
              That has the makings of a really wicked AU fic. I'm kind of surprised that no one's tried writing one. At least, I haven't heard of one with that premise.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's not just me on the Grandkids. They have already picked out names. Olivia for a girl, and Daniel Owen for a boy to honor both her dad and my dad. They're not leaving out Mr. SR because they don't like him. His name has been done to death in the family and it's time for a change. LOL

And I just recently rewatched Adrift and Lifeline. Adrift is good with the Sparky, but if you look closely, you notice that for most of it John and Teyla are joined at the hip. Do I need to say that Gero wrote this? Then in Lifeline, written by CB, he leaves her behind to watch the city and it's Sparky all the way. Interesting how different the writers were.
                Those are pretty names!

The writers were always pushing their own agendas. Of course, Gero's script probably read "John looks sad." Thank you, Joe Flanigan.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

[]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Snapbucket/0CBF84E5-orig.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:

(Not my fault, the vet is making her wear it because she keeps licking her stitches from being spayed on Wednesday )

Oooh, I'll take a cookie! They look yummy! I hope your girl feels better soon. There's a lot of nasty colds going around right now. And poor kitty too!!

Cracky fic is always fun! Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                I also see both arguments. On one hand, it seems a plot contrivance and on the other hand, it's a valid argument of who else could lead Atlantis if it was stuck on a new world with no back up from Earth.

Comment

hey here's a question in the vegas AU, without meeting john sheppard, do you think elizabeth weir was still engaged to simon or was she even part of the program or did she suffer the same fate that her counterpart did in our reality?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Those are pretty names!

The writers were always pushing their own agendas. Of course, Gero's script probably read "John looks sad." Thank you, Joe Flanigan.
                    I doubt his script even said that much. It probably just said "close up on Sheppard" or "Sheppard reacts". Gero would never have encouraged him to be sad about it. In fact, Joe said later that he had to go back to them and insist that they put in something about how they were reacting. I think the scene in Lifeline with him and Carter or maybe the one in Reunion when he talks to her about trying to rescue Elizabeth may be a result of that. Reportedly, whoever he talked to said, "oh yeah, I guess we should show that they cared about losing her" or some such. Lame. And once again, thank you Joe.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    hey here's a question in the vegas AU, without meeting john sheppard, do you think elizabeth weir was still engaged to simon or was she even part of the program or did she suffer the same fate that her counterpart did in our reality?
                    Elizabeth was never engaged to Simon in our reality. It's anybody's guess where she was in the Vegas AU. But I'm betting since they had gone to Atlantis, that she was there as the leader or the Replicators had killed her earlier because John wasn't there to save her. Things in Atlantis could have been vastly different without John.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      It could go either way, I think. My own personal canon was that she was the nurse John was forced to leave behind. Another favorite headcanon is that John survived the shooting and Elizabeth came to hospital to talk him into joining the program, after she took over from Woolsey.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I doubt his script even said that much. It probably just said "close up on Sheppard" or "Sheppard reacts". Gero would never have encouraged him to be sad about it. In fact, Joe said later that he had to go back to them and insist that they put in something about how they were reacting. I think the scene in Lifeline with him and Carter or maybe the one in Reunion when he talks to her about trying to rescue Elizabeth may be a result of that. Reportedly, whoever he talked to said, "oh yeah, I guess we should show that they cared about losing her" or some such. Lame. And once again, thank you Joe.
                        Once again showing them bringing their real life feelings for the actors into the show, instead of respecting show canon. Like the treatment of Joe in S5. *Hugs Joe and Torri. Slaps TPTW*

Just thinking of the writers of the episodes, I would imagine the end scene in Lifeline already existed but the Reunion one was added. After all, Mallozzi thought it was hilarious that Rodney was so excited to take over Elizabeth's job. That's not my Rodney, dammit! Also, Joe probably got them to add the Doppleganger mention of her as well.

It could go either way, I think. My own personal canon was that she was the nurse John was forced to leave behind. Another favorite headcanon is that John survived the shooting and Elizabeth came to hospital to talk him into joining the program, after she took over from Woolsey.
                        YES, and YES!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Pretty sure it was the scene in Reunion. As I recall, the scene was originally in the script, then was cut. When Joe rightly complained about there being no mention of Elizabeth and of the others still mourning her at all in the episode, the scene was put back in.

THANK YOU, JOE! The man knows canon better than the writers do.

Oh, I LIKE that one! And then, of course, when John gets to Atlantis, he finally finds happiness with Lizzeh. Sparky!sexytimez ensue, and all is well with the universe.

Once again showing them bringing their real life feelings for the actors into the show, instead of respecting show canon. Like the treatment of Joe in S5. *Hugs Joe and Torri. Slaps TPTW*
                          Or certain other... treatments of certain characters in certain spin-offs we shall not name.

Just thinking of the writers of the episodes, I would imagine the end scene in Lifeline already existed but the Reunion one was added. After all, Mallozzi thought it was hilarious that Rodney was so excited to take over Elizabeth's job. That's not my Rodney, dammit! Also, Joe probably got them to add the Doppleganger mention of her as well.
                          *snorts* And I'm still pissed off about how they never had Carter make even a brief mention of "recent losses," much less mention Elizabeth by name, in her "Hi, I'm your new boss!" speech in Reunion. Grr.
                          Spoiler:
                          So in my personal headcanon, I've interpreted this lack of sympathy as Carter still being a bit of a b***h to Lizzeh over the way they tangled back in SG-1's New Order. Hey, if TPTW want to make Carter look bad (why else would they have written her so poorly in Reunion), who am I to argue?
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Agree on all that, but I did like the way Carter treated John like the grieving husband in that Reunion scene. Having her say Gen Landry sent his sympathies seemed a bit odd. Wouldn't it have made more sense to say that to the whole group, not just John? Unless it was personal sympathies, which would make both Sam and Landry Sparky shippers. To which I say \0/. And then John saying, I'll find her with such conviction, must have given it away. You know there was never any mention of what her loss meant to anyone except John, aside from that little scene with Teyla and Ronon packing her things. It was John who was shown grieving and reacting every time she was mentioned and only John who mentioned still wanting to go find her. And yet, we are expected to believe there was nothing but business between them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Agree on all that, but I did like the way Carter treated John like the grieving husband in that Reunion scene. Having her say Gen Landry sent his sympathies seemed a bit odd. Wouldn't it have made more sense to say that to the whole group, not just John? Unless it was personal sympathies, which would make both Sam and Landry Sparky shippers. To which I say \0/. And then John saying, I'll find her with such conviction, must have given it away. You know there was never any mention of what her loss meant to anyone except John, aside from that little scene with Teyla and Ronon packing her things. It was John who was shown grieving and reacting every time she was mentioned and only John who mentioned still wanting to go find her. And yet, we are expected to believe there was nothing but business between them.
                              I think that was all in Lifeline. But it's so very true. Heck, everyone seemed to be treating John like a grieving husband in Adrift and Lifeline: Carter, Keller, Zelenka... everyone. If John and Elizabeth were just coworkers, not only did the two of them not act like it, everyone else didn't act like it either.

BTW, are we starting the live viewing and post-a-thons today, or are we waiting another week for anyone else to sign up? We haven't had a whole lot of interest, at least, not as much as we did the last time we did post-a-thons. Maybe we need to go poke a few people on Twitter...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                I think that was all in Lifeline. But it's so very true. Heck, everyone seemed to be treating John like a grieving husband in Adrift and Lifeline: Carter, Keller, Zelenka... everyone. If John and Elizabeth were just coworkers, not only did the two of them not act like it, everyone else didn't act like it either.

BTW, are we starting the live viewing and post-a-thons today, or are we waiting another week for anyone else to sign up? We haven't had a whole lot of interest, at least, not as much as we did the last time we did post-a-thons. Maybe we need to go poke a few people on Twitter...
                                I don't know. I can probably do it in an hour or so. Who's around?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X