No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we can do the post-a-thon today. Next weekend is Superbowl Sunday with my home team, the Patriots playing. I will probably not be around.

Scary Kitty - in one of the general threads there was a general consensus that Sam and Daniel were written OOC in SGA - more harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Or certain other... treatments of certain characters in certain spin-offs we shall not name.
      Huh?

*snorts* And I'm still pissed off about how they never had Carter make even a brief mention of "recent losses," much less mention Elizabeth by name, in her "Hi, I'm your new boss!" speech in Reunion. Grr.
      Spoiler:
      So in my personal headcanon, I've interpreted this lack of sympathy as Carter still being a bit of a b***h to Lizzeh over the way they tangled back in SG-1's New Order. Hey, if TPTW want to make Carter look bad (why else would they have written her so poorly in Reunion), who am I to argue?
      I think that was pure Mallozzi, who didn't like Elizabeth and certainly didn't care for certain actors. He was .... hmm, how to say this and not get in trouble...... he was too much in love with his own ego to care about the show itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I don't know. I can probably do it in an hour or so. Who's around?
        I am! Looks like we've got a few other people around, too. Hey everyone, sound off! Wanna do a post-a-thon? It's just about 1pm (Pacific Time) now; how about at 1:15? Or 1:30 if people need a little more time? I think 1:30 was what we were shooting for, anyway.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I hope we can do the post-a-thon today. Next weekend is Superbowl Sunday with my home team, the Patriots playing. I will probably not be around.
        The Super Bowl... hmm, we could always postpone next week's, if enough people want to do that.

Scary Kitty - in one of the general threads there was a general consensus that Sam and Daniel were written OOC in SGA - more harsh.
        Oh, that's absolutely true.

Huh?
        Spoiler:
        The Books We Do Not Speak Of. (and were never approved by TPTW, so they're not canon, anyway)

I think that was pure Mallozzi, who didn't like Elizabeth and certainly didn't care for certain actors. He was .... hmm, how to say this and not get in trouble...... he was too much in love with his own ego to care about the show itself.
        *snorts*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I can do it at 1:30, which is 4:30 EST.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I can do it at 1:30, which is 4:30 EST.
            Okay, that's two for 1:30 PST/4:30 EST. Anyone else?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Okay, that's two for 1:30 PST/4:30 EST. Anyone else?
              Me Me Me!!

Comment

Me Me Me!!
                That's three!

Comment

I think I scared Irish Eyes away with my con talk.

Comment

Awww....

Comment

Yays. I am going to try to do this on my iPad, which means I will be slow and misspell a lot. So don't expect much.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yays. I am going to try to do this on my iPad, which means I will be slow and misspell a lot. So don't expect much.
                        I may be trying that next time. I've got Rising on my Mac, but I'm going to have to go to my Blu-rays for the rest of the episodes, so I'll probably run them on the laptop and post from my iPad. Should be fun.

Comment

Post-a-Thon Alert: This is your 10 minute warning to start prepping your DVD/Blu-ray/computer to play this week's episode, Rising!

Comment

T-minus 5 minutes!

Comment

I must say, I LOVE the 27" widescreen on my Mac. iTunes on one side, Safari w/GW on the other side. I am soooo spoiled.

Comment

T-minus 2 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X