Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Anyone else interested in doing another round of thons?
    I'd love to but I have a feeling that my evening classes are going to be eating all my time... however, I can easily catch up at some point in time. I can pull out my word and screentime facts for old time's sake.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm up for a rewatch, and the post-a-thon is a must. If we can't schedule that, we have to do a discussion of each ep. I can do it almost any time except evenings my time. I have no plans for the weekend except Sunday church. Maybe we can make up a series of questions for willing participants to answer.
      I like the idea of doing a group rewatch on the weekend, and then doing discussion during the rest of the week. Those of us available can be silly and watch together and then later everyone can discuss more in depth. That way everyone can get in on the action.

So first things first. For the group rewatch, I like the timing of early evening East Coast so that everyone can join in. I'm available both nights this weekend.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      We did the rewatch on the whump thread and it was great fun. We started at the beginning and each week (Fri- Fri) we each took time to watch the ep. I collected questions that people sent to me and posted them on Sunday. Everyone took some time to answer and discuss them. Plus we made artwork and wrote fics and rec'ed fics that we found.

Have fun if you decide to do it.

Maybe someone could sign up to take and lead a discussion on each ep instead of the group collection of questions?
      Thanks for the input, Pocus!

Do we want to collect questions like they did? Eri13 already did her excellent analysis and questions, but some of us (read - me) weren't around back then. I am not capable of the excellent level of analysis that she got to, but we could still discuss stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'd love to but I have a feeling that my evening classes are going to be eating all my time... however, I can easily catch up at some point in time. I can pull out my word and screentime facts for old time's sake.
        You could also contribute questions. I know you'd have some good ones.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I like the idea of doing a group rewatch on the weekend, and then doing discussion during the rest of the week. Those of us available can be silly and watch together and then later everyone can discuss more in depth. That way everyone can get in on the action.

So first things first. For the group rewatch, I like the timing of early evening East Coast so that everyone can join in. I'm available both nights this weekend.

Thanks for the input, Pocus!

Do we want to collect questions like they did? Eri13 already did her excellent analysis and questions, but some of us (read - me) weren't around back then. I am not capable of the excellent level of analysis that she got to, but we could still discuss stuff.
        Early evening is actually the only time I wouldn't be available, but you guys can go ahead without me and/or I'll chime in later.

I would be able to collect and coordinate the questions. I think I probably have more free time than most of you.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And I guess my minor creative streak isn't quite over.

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Well this sucks. I was hoping you and Southern Red (at least) would go so I would have some con friends. I don't have problems traveling by myself, but attending a con by myself would feel weird.
            I would seriously consider going. I've never been to a con and even though we don't get Sparky together on stage, I would still love to meet them. We need to talk.

Looking at the line up, it's mostly SGA. Do you suppose the SG-1 people are tired of doing these events?
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I like this idea as well, but this weekend is probably a little early to start; perhaps next week? We need to get a better idea of how many people and what times they might be available for the actual rewatch before we set a regular timeslot for the rewatch. So everyone, can you be available for an hour or so each week? What time? (don't forget to note your local time zone, since we have people from all over the world participating in this thread) What day? (are we going to stick to the weekend for the rewatch?) And how do you want to handle multi-part episodes, such as The Storm/The Eye, The Siege trilogy, etc.? Watch them together, or stick to one episode a week (might be easier for those with not as much time)? Rising is lumped together as a single extended episode on the DVDs, so it can't be split up.

And I guess my minor creative streak isn't quite over.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../alonewall.jpg
              That's beautiful! And poor, poor John. He's always had a particular problem with "abandonment issues." Makes me want to climb into the pic and hug him.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              I would seriously consider going. I've never been to a con and even though we don't get Sparky together on stage, I would still love to meet them. We need to talk.

Looking at the line up, it's mostly SGA. Do you suppose the SG-1 people are tired of doing these events?
              Wouldn't surprise me if they were. They've been at this longer than the Atlantis crew.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

I won't go unless they're on the same day. I would love to meet the others who weren't at the first con I attended, but not so much that I'll do it all over again. Only Sparky will get me up there again.

I would imagine that they all must be tired, but the pay is good. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

G'evening, everybody!

So happy it's Friday indeed!

In regards to the post-a-thon and group rewatch: my schedule is loop-de-loop crazy, and most of the time I'm ignoring important stuff to get on here. But I think if we give it a week, like you're suggesting, that should be doable. *nods*

Finally finished ripping Season 3, should have a new vid posted soon! Will let y'all know!

Comment

I'll see what I can contribute to the rewatch... which reminds me I still have rewatch the first episode of Legend of the Seeker for a LOTS rewatch-thingie... shoot! Totally forgot about that one. Oh well... *shrug*

Anywho... I'm on GMT+1 and weekends are the easiest since I have zero to little time during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I like this idea as well, but this weekend is probably a little early to start; perhaps next week? We need to get a better idea of how many people and what times they might be available for the actual rewatch before we set a regular timeslot for the rewatch. So everyone, can you be available for an hour or so each week? What time? (don't forget to note your local time zone, since we have people from all over the world participating in this thread) What day? (are we going to stick to the weekend for the rewatch?) And how do you want to handle multi-part episodes, such as The Storm/The Eye, The Siege trilogy, etc.? Watch them together, or stick to one episode a week (might be easier for those with not as much time)? Rising is lumped together as a single extended episode on the DVDs, so it can't be split up.
                      I'll jump into the discussions (because I need to quit lurking ), but I'll probably watch the eppy on my own. Never know when my free hour will be. But the post-a-thons are always hilarious so hopefully I can join in occasionally.

I won't go unless they're on the same day. I would love to meet the others who weren't at the first con I attended, but not so much that I'll do it all over again. Only Sparky will get me up there again.
                      I don't blame you. That's how I would feel.

I thought the same thing about the pay! But I suppose some of them are busy enough with other projects too.
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I'm right there with you. I definitely wouldn't mind getting to meet those I haven't yet seen, but Joe and Torri are my focus. Since I've already met both individually, there's got to be a new experience with them to get me to go, especially since this is a non-local con and I'll have to make travel arrangements. A joint appearance is the only thing that would do it.

As to the rewatch, I'm free most afternoons from 1-4 pm Pacific Time (GMT -8:00), so any point in that timeslot will usually be fine with me.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

GACK!!!

Oh loyal SGA watchers, I am in need of your assistance!!!

Season 3: which episodes does John sit on Elizabeth's desk???

... I know someone has compiled a list ...

Comment

The one with Woolsey coming to check on them... and he's defending her honor?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              GACK!!!

Oh loyal SGA watchers, I am in need of your assistance!!!

Season 3: which episodes does John sit on Elizabeth's desk???

... I know someone has compiled a list ...
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              The one with Woolsey coming to check on them... and he's defending her honor?
                              That's Misbegotten, but I don't think he ever actually sits on the desk. He ends up sitting in the chair. In S2 he sits on the desk at the end of Critical Mass and Coup d'Etat. I don't remember any others.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's Misbegotten, but I don't think he ever actually sits on the desk. He ends up sitting in the chair. In S2 he sits on the desk at the end of Critical Mass and Coup d'Etat. I don't remember any others.
                                Thank you, FH & SR, for your suggestions. Sadly, John's butt does not touch Elizabeth's desk in "Misbegotten". Same for "Tao of Rodney", except he interrupts her right as she's getting to the good part.

Posting video now, then heading to sleep. Driving south to visit a friend tomorrow, it's a 2 1/2 hour drive. Should probably be well rested so I can contend with all the idiots driving. *headdesk*

EDIT: 5 more posts until I hit 1,200! Hooray for me!!!

*glances at other people's post counts, then criez*

Comment

Working...
                                X