Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yes, you do! You can play it on your iPhone or Droid or on Facebook (although I'm assuming you'd have to friend me to see my name). **another person to beat... bwahahaha!**

Sunday works for me as well.
    Don't get all full of yourself now, mathgirl.

There's also an app for the iPad that will sinc up with FB. I'll play you too, SK. Heck everybody else has beaten me, why not join the club? But I'm getting better. So far I've beaten everybody but JT and SR Jr. But nobody can beat Jr. I'd love to see a death match between him and JT.

And thanks to the new iBooks app, I'm creating a cookbook. It will most likely be finished before I die. *snort* Now whenever I make something I have to remember to take a photo or do a little vid. I love modern technology. Imagine if you had vids of your granny actually making her famous whatever. *goes back to scanning recipes*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Don't get all full of yourself now, mathgirl.
      Who me? *whistles innocently*

There's also an app for the iPad that will sinc up with FB. I'll play you too, SK. Heck everybody else has beaten me, why not join the club? But I'm getting better. So far I've beaten everybody but JT and SR Jr. But nobody can beat Jr. I'd love to see a death match between him and JT.
      Does he play off Facebook or an app? I could give you my app name. It would probably not be good for my ego, though. I have 14 games going right now. LOVE IT!!!

And thanks to the new iBooks app, I'm creating a cookbook. It will most likely be finished before I die. *snort* Now whenever I make something I have to remember to take a photo or do a little vid. I love modern technology. Imagine if you had vids of your granny actually making her famous whatever. *goes back to scanning recipes*
      OMG I would KILL to have videos of my grandmother making her famous recipes!! Or even some videos of my mom when she was younger making her stuff. I always figured I had more time, but now she doesn't remember enough to cook them.

Comment

Who me? *whistles innocently*

Does he play off Facebook or an app? I could give you my app name. It would probably not be good for my ego, though. I have 14 games going right now. LOVE IT!!!

OMG I would KILL to have videos of my grandmother making her famous recipes!! Or even some videos of my mom when she was younger making her stuff. I always figured I had more time, but now she doesn't remember enough to cook them.
        He plays on FB. I'm not sure if he's switched to the app yet. He got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and has an iPhone. The iPad/Phone app is exactly the same as your FB. I'll ask him when I see him if he wants a new challenge. Miss M won't play him anymore. *snickers*

That's why I'm doing the cookbook. I have dozens of cookbooks that I make one or two things from and don't want to leave that mess for Miss M to sort out. She uses some of my recipes and wants more, so I'll just get them all together in one place. I know what you mean. My mom's chocolate cream pie recipe is lost forever, though I can get close. A friend from high school actually asked me about it at our reunion. LOL Why oh why didn't I make her write it down? Though frankly, I think the difference is in the homegrown eggs and whole milk.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, you do! You can play it on your iPhone or Droid or on Facebook (although I'm assuming you'd have to friend me to see my name). **another person to beat... bwahahaha!**
          LOL!

Oh, sweet! There's a few family recipes that my dad has collected over the years that he's been talking about putting together, and an iBook would be an awesome way to keep them together.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Keller: I'm just not feeling it Rodney. Perhaps you could do some air quotes?

Rodney: No, dammit! I already spiked my hair! Must I come second to Sheppard in everything?!

Caldwell: I still can't see it

Weir: Come closer

Caldwell moves in. THWACK!!!

Weir: I can't believe you fell for that

Weir: Put it back in its holster Colonel. Even if Teyla, Ronon and Rodney weren't in the front compartment you'd be pushing your luck, so forget it!

Elizabeth Weir gets wet for Sparky

Pretend you were thinking of something else

Oh God, go back! Erase! Erase!

Weir: Perhaps if you make Captain, Bates, but until then, stop playing footsie with me

O'Neill: I managed to smooth things over somewhat, but Helia wasn't too happy when she looked at the security footage of Weir's office. Sheppard, I know you know what I'm talking about. Just so we're clear, I don't approve of that sort of thing, impressive as it was. I made sure I destroyed everything

Woolsey: You did? What was that USB stick you put in your pocket?

O'Neill: Ishnay on the ick stay Richard.

Weir: No, John, I'm quite confident that I did NOT drop any cutlery on the floor. Are you sure it wasn't YOU that dropped a fork?

Sheppard: Nope, they're all right here, next to my plate

Weir: I just got him outta there, I ain't letting him back in

Ford: Hey sir, I totally wanna b*** Dr Weir

Sheppard: What? You wanna grab a beer?

Believe it or not,
            I'm walking on air.
            I never thought I could feel so free-.
            Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
            Who could it be?
            Believe it or not it's just me.

Sheppard: Dude, no. She's not gonna be wallpaper on this mission. I've only just finished peeling the last lot off her back, there's no way I'm letting any more get stuck on her.

Cadman: Why is there a smeared image of Johnny Cash on the back of your shirt?

Weir: General, what the hell are you on about? We do not copy each other

Sheppard: Yeah, we're like chalk and cheese

Weir: *snort* Perhaps the Yin to each other's Yang, John

Sheppard: Too true, Elizabeth.

O'Neill: See, this is what I'm talking about
            sigpic

Comment

Got insomnia. Watching Echoes. Everyone is so adorable in that one. Teyla's cute kicking Ronon's behind for falling asleep on her. Ronon is adorable at the end letting Teyla hit him if he falls asleep again. Kate is cute although I prefer her with blonde hair. Teyla and Kate are adorable. Rodney is cute with his pet whale, Sam (PTB - now THAT is something you should have brought up in s4. It could have been hysterical! Instead you made Rodney afraid of whales? WTF?) Zelenka is cute in his geekiness. And of course, Elizabeth and John are both beyond adorable. Elizabeth uses her Ancient skills to translate. John looks impressed with his woman. John wants to eat the whale and talks about "tree hugging stuff." "NO, THANK YOU!" And then there's....

Thank you Carl Binder for the unnecessary carrying. I so wish we had behind the scenes footage of them doing that. I wonder how many takes it took, if there was teasing going on, etc.

He plays on FB. I'm not sure if he's switched to the app yet. He got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and has an iPhone. The iPad/Phone app is exactly the same as your FB. I'll ask him when I see him if he wants a new challenge. Miss M won't play him anymore. *snickers*

That's why I'm doing the cookbook. I have dozens of cookbooks that I make one or two things from and don't want to leave that mess for Miss M to sort out. She uses some of my recipes and wants more, so I'll just get them all together in one place. I know what you mean. My mom's chocolate cream pie recipe is lost forever, though I can get close. A friend from high school actually asked me about it at our reunion. LOL Why oh why didn't I make her write it down? Though frankly, I think the difference is in the homegrown eggs and whole milk.
              I really do think this is a brilliant idea. I bet the eggs and milk make the difference. With my mom's homemade crust, I think some of it is a humidity thing. She knew the dough enough to know how to compensate. I also wonder if it's simply a memory thing where I'm imagining things better than they were... you know, a better time, all that jazz...

I helped my aunt make her butterball cookies this Christmas and wrote down the recipe as I was doing it. It wasn't written down anywhere.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Oh, sweet! There's a few family recipes that my dad has collected over the years that he's been talking about putting together, and an iBook would be an awesome way to keep them together.
              That's a great idea! Trust me, you want to do it now. I never really imagined my mom wouldn't remember how she made things. It happens. Although my mom is probably old enough to be your grandmother.

Comment

gateraid! You are a bad, bad, BAD man. Please, continue.

Got insomnia. Watching Echoes. Everyone is so adorable in that one. Teyla's cute kicking Ronon's behind for falling asleep on her. Ronon is adorable at the end letting Teyla hit him if he falls asleep again. Kate is cute although I prefer her with blonde hair. Teyla and Kate are adorable. Rodney is cute with his pet whale, Sam (PTB - now THAT is something you should have brought up in s4. It could have been hysterical! Instead you made Rodney afraid of whales? WTF?) Zelenka is cute in his geekiness. And of course, Elizabeth and John are both beyond adorable. Elizabeth uses her Ancient skills to translate. John looks impressed with his woman. John wants to eat the whale and talks about "tree hugging stuff." "NO, THANK YOU!" And then there's....

I'll have you know, I sat here watching that pic and the next thing I knew, my screen saver kicked in because I hadn't been doing anything else. Hence the deliberate repost. That pic is MESMERIZING.

Thank you Carl Binder for the unnecessary carrying. I so wish we had behind the scenes footage of them doing that. I wonder how many takes it took, if there was teasing going on, etc.
                OMG, I would KILL for the behind the scenes footage for that scene.

Okay, maybe I wouldn't actually kill anyone, but I'd be willing to go to considerable lengths to get that footage.

I really do think this is a brilliant idea. I bet the eggs and milk make the difference. With my mom's homemade crust, I think some of it is a humidity thing. She knew the dough enough to know how to compensate. I also wonder if it's simply a memory thing where I'm imagining things better than they were... you know, a better time, all that jazz...

I helped my aunt make her butterball cookies this Christmas and wrote down the recipe as I was doing it. It wasn't written down anywhere.

That's a great idea! Trust me, you want to do it now. I never really imagined my mom wouldn't remember how she made things. It happens. Although my mom is probably old enough to be your grandmother.
                Yup. We've got all the recipes written down in a Word file, but a cookbook would be so much nicer looking.

*yawns* And that's it for this little kitty tonight, I'm off to bed! Pleasant Sparky dreams, everyone!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

O'Neill: I managed to smooth things over somewhat, but Helia wasn't too happy when she looked at the security footage of Weir's office. Sheppard, I know you know what I'm talking about. Just so we're clear, I don't approve of that sort of thing, impressive as it was. I made sure I destroyed everything

added:

Sheppard: What happened to your other star, sir?

O'Neill: Funny story. Helia and I had a go at it. She wanted to know if anything had changed in the last 10.000 years. Apparently it hasn't. She took one of my stars and wants to give it to you

FBI agent whom I can't recall the name of: It's worse than that General. Since we're contracted to SG-1, we're not getting paid for this episode

Weir: Now I know you're lying Repli!Keller. Do you expect me to believe that you wouldn't have been replaced after we re-established contact with Earth?

Sheppard: I start with just this one, then I slowly..........<cut!!!!! => Atlantis: Nights begins>

Sheppard: It's not so much 'parking' as it is 'hovering', but how about it? <insert puppy face>

Rodney: I just got to second base with Katie Brown!!

Elizabeth: Oh....that's.....great news Rodney

Rodney: Yeah, we held hands and everything!

John, Elizabeth: ................

Sheppard: I don't think the two of you should wander off together Elizabeth. I know what you did to your last military commander

Elizabeth: You mean you, right?

Sheppard: Yeah. Give me some warning next time, okay?

Elizabeth: Noted

Caldwell: I only wanted to discuss chain-of-command issues. What on Earth are you two on about?
                  sigpic

Comment

Ironically, even after saving her from the crystals, Keller still thinks Zelenka is a creep. *****.

Sheppard: Are you meant to be naked?

Hermiod: Not really, we just like to freak people out

Weir: Say it. Saaaay it

Lorne: *grumbles* Okay, okay. I'm your *****. Happy?

Michael: No, Teyla, I'm not gay. This leather outfit is totes heterosexual, as are my OTT mannerisms. I want you to be my Queen. Oh.

Elizabeth: John, is that your hand on my butt?

John: It sure is. Do you think Rodney will notice?

Elizabeth: He just put a bandage on the outside of his clothing, so I think you'll get away with it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Must be my love for Jewel but she looks quite adorable there.

@Gateraid - YOU TOTALLY RULE!!!!
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Gateraid returns in rare form and all is right with the world. Never change, my friend.

Echoes was my all time favorite until Vegas came along. I still rewatch it on occasion and love it for all the same reasons you do. That carry really was totally unnecessary, wasn't it? If they didn't want us to ship them, they had a funny way of showing it. LOL

Every family needs its own cookbook and the technology to make that possible is now more convenient than ever. I think it's going to be a fun project. In addition to putting the recipes together, I'm going to go back and write notes on them about who likes it and when it was served with little tidbits that will be fun for my grandchildren *cough* to read. I want them to know how sarcastic funny Grandma was.

I kick myself every day that I didn't get a lot of things in writing before my parents and grandparents passed away. I have 5 large albums of family pics going back almost 100 years and I don't know who half of the people are. When I was a kid and would look at them with my mom and grandma, I knew the names and never thought I would forget them. Don't take anything for granted people, get it in writing. Even little things like the married names of my dad's sisters have slipped away.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Must be my love for Jewel but she looks quite adorable there.
                          Yes, she does. *huggles Jewel*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          @Gateraid - YOU TOTALLY RULE!!!!
                          Yes, he does. *high-fives gateraid*

Gateraid returns in rare form and all is right with the world. Never change, my friend.
                          Hah! That's true, isn't it? We just know everything's okay when gateraid is up to his usual insanity. Good times!

Echoes was my all time favorite until Vegas came along. I still rewatch it on occasion and love it for all the same reasons you do. That carry really was totally unnecessary, wasn't it? If they didn't want us to ship them, they had a funny way of showing it. LOL
                          *snerks* Too late for them now. It's on screen. Sparky = canon, baby!

Every family needs its own cookbook and the technology to make that possible is now more convenient than ever. I think it's going to be a fun project. In addition to putting the recipes together, I'm going to go back and write notes on them about who likes it and when it was served with little tidbits that will be fun for my grandchildren *cough* to read. I want them to know how sarcastic funny Grandma was.

I kick myself every day that I didn't get a lot of things in writing before my parents and grandparents passed away. I have 5 large albums of family pics going back almost 100 years and I don't know who half of the people are. When I was a kid and would look at them with my mom and grandma, I knew the names and never thought I would forget them. Don't take anything for granted people, get it in writing. Even little things like the married names of my dad's sisters have slipped away.
                          Very, very true. We're lucky that my paternal grandma was really interested in genealogy; she tracked down and organized a lot of our family's information before she died, and one of my cousins up in Paso Robles is now picking up where she left off. We weren't so lucky with my mom's side of the family; a lot of that knowledge was lost when her parents died.

Comment

OMG gateraid is back and better than ever! You are the permanent King of the captions. I bow down to your superiority.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            []http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l495/gateraid/12i.jpg[/IMG]

added:

Sheppard: What happened to your other star, sir?

O'Neill: Funny story. Helia and I had a go at it. She wanted to know if anything had changed in the last 10.000 years. Apparently it hasn't. She took one of my stars and wants to give it to you
                            This one has to be my favorite. Oh my, I'm laughing so hard!

Originally posted by gateraid

Weir: Say it. Saaaay it

Lorne: *grumbles* Okay, okay. I'm your *****. Happy?
                            This one is a close second. It's not too far from the actual scene.

Carl Binder wanted us to ship them, and you'll never be able to convince me otherwise. The other PTB were just too dense to see what he was doing. Binder - the only writer with prior professional experience writing ship (Dr. Quinn).

They haven't even had the wedding yet! You crack me up. Such a typical mom. Mine still makes comments about giving her more grandchildren. I just say I'm home every night taking care of her, so how could that happen. That shuts her up.

I wish video recording had been available back in earlier days. My grandparents all died before I was born or when I was little. I'd love to have some videos of them. *sigh* I have pictures but I'd love to hear their voices and see them interact. Never mind some video of my dad before his stroke. I have only some vague memories of that too. Well, now I've depressed myself. Moving back to Sparky!

Very, very true. We're lucky that my paternal grandma was really interested in genealogy; she tracked down and organized a lot of our family's information before she died, and one of my cousins up in Paso Robles is now picking up where she left off. We weren't so lucky with my mom's side of the family; a lot of that knowledge was lost when her parents died.
                            Funny you should mention genealogy. I signed up for ancestry.com but couldn't find any reference to my paternal grandfather's parents or birth or anything. Apparently he's an alien. Explains a lot.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yes, she does. *huggles Jewel*

Yes, he does. *high-fives gateraid*

Hah! That's true, isn't it? We just know everything's okay when gateraid is up to his usual insanity. Good times!

*snerks* Too late for them now. It's on screen. Sparky = canon, baby!

OMG gateraid is back and better than ever! You are the permanent King of the captions. I bow down to your superiority.

This one has to be my favorite. Oh my, I'm laughing so hard!

This one is a close second. It's not too far from the actual scene.

Carl Binder wanted us to ship them, and you'll never be able to convince me otherwise. The other PTB were just too dense to see what he was doing. Binder - the only writer with prior professional experience writing ship (Dr. Quinn).

They haven't even had the wedding yet! You crack me up. Such a typical mom. Mine still makes comments about giving her more grandchildren. I just say I'm home every night taking care of her, so how could that happen. That shuts her up.

I wish video recording had been available back in earlier days. My grandparents all died before I was born or when I was little. I'd love to have some videos of them. *sigh* I have pictures but I'd love to hear their voices and see them interact. Never mind some video of my dad before his stroke. I have only some vague memories of that too. Well, now I've depressed myself. Moving back to Sparky!

Funny you should mention genealogy. I signed up for ancestry.com but couldn't find any reference to my paternal grandfather's parents or birth or anything. Apparently he's an alien. Explains a lot.
                              This replies to both of your comments about genealogy. One of my distant paternal cousins is doing the ancestry thing. She has actually gotten one of our cousins (It has to be a male for some reason.) to do a DNA test and has tracked our particular branch of the family back to 1720. Cool. And BTW, two of my many great grandparents were "John and Elizabeth". So, it's in my genes.

It is so hard to trace them in the old days when they were frequently born at home. Family Bibles are a good source, as are death and military records. Also ship manifests, which are stored in the Archives, but you have to know the year and city they came here.

It's not just me on the Grandkids. They have already picked out names. Olivia for a girl, and Daniel Owen for a boy to honor both her dad and my dad. They're not leaving out Mr. SR because they don't like him. His name has been done to death in the family and it's time for a change. LOL

And I just recently rewatched Adrift and Lifeline. Adrift is good with the Sparky, but if you look closely, you notice that for most of it John and Teyla are joined at the hip. Do I need to say that Gero wrote this? Then in Lifeline, written by CB, he leaves her behind to watch the city and it's Sparky all the way. Interesting how different the writers were.
                              sigpic

Comment

*snickers*

This replies to both of your comments about genealogy. One of my distant paternal cousins is doing the ancestry thing. She has actually gotten one of our cousins (It has to be a male for some reason.) to do a DNA test and has tracked our particular branch of the family back to 1720. Cool. And BTW, two of my many great grandparents were "John and Elizabeth". So, it's in my genes.

It is so hard to trace them in the old days when they were frequently born at home. Family Bibles are a good source, as are death and military records. Also ship manifests, which are stored in the Archives, but you have to know the year and city they came here.

It's not just me on the Grandkids. They have already picked out names. Olivia for a girl, and Daniel Owen for a boy to honor both her dad and my dad. They're not leaving out Mr. SR because they don't like him. His name has been done to death in the family and it's time for a change. LOL
                                I think we've been able to trace a couple of branches as far back as the very late 1600s in Norway. Wicked cool.

LOL at the thinking on the names. Talk about being prepared!

And I just recently rewatched Adrift and Lifeline. Adrift is good with the Sparky, but if you look closely, you notice that for most of it John and Teyla are joined at the hip. Do I need to say that Gero wrote this? Then in Lifeline, written by CB, he leaves her behind to watch the city and it's Sparky all the way. Interesting how different the writers were.
                                And of course Gero wrote the "lover's spat" between John and Elizabeth in First Strike, too. Oh, the irony.

Comment

Working...
                                X