Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yay, kitty's back! Silly kitty! Catnip bait sounds like a good idea.

Ooooh, that's an evil thought! I think the events of Common Ground give us a good indication of what would happen, though. He'd ask/order her to leave him behind, and while she'd be totally gutted emotionally, she'd do it, because she'd know it had to be done to save Atlantis. Just like he knew it.
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Wow, some great discussion to the question. Great insight, everyone.

Yes, I agree 100%. Both of them are leaders and will do what they have to for Atlantis. It doesn't mean they don't care, but they put the expedition above their own personal desires.
    So basically, she would have responded the same way that John did in reality -- the Jennifer treating her like next of kin, crying seeing as John was probably not going to recover, getting mad at Rodney and Jen for reactivating the nanites?

And hello plot bunny number 5,285. D'oh!

I may have to write an interesting one shot about this ...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    if that did happen would Major Lorne take command of the military contingent?
    I would assume so. I have a feeling if he did become the military commander, since they are in regular contact with Earth, that he might've been promoted like John was after they reestablished contact with Earth at the beginning of Season 2.

Slightly OT but still Stargate: they had a SG-1 Season 8 marathon on SyFy today, and I got to watch part of it. Wow. I miss those guys!!!

Comment

And RE the age discussion:

I'm 22, so people that are mature and discerning at the grocery store still card me. I have yet to be carded by someone under the age of 21. They cannot judge age worth a flying fart. And it makes me depressed.

Most people guess my age right by looking at me, but a lot of people are surprised after getting to know me, while being clueless as to my age, that I actually am in my early 20s. I take the compliment when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Farms don't scare me, but cities do. LOL Though after living near Washington, DC for over 30 years, I can hail a cab with the best of them. LOL

I always looked young for my age too. Still do a bit, though now it has more to do with attitude I think.
        I'm comfortable in cities, well except for driving. I have a John Sheppard like sense of direction and GPS in Boston is a JOKE of epic proportions.

I was wearing my sensible work clothes, not my Oscar the Grouch t-shirt so it wasn't my attitude. 2 years ago I was out with my sister and I got carded. Pissed her off so much. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

I'm 22, so people that are mature and discerning at the grocery store still card me. I have yet to be carded by someone under the age of 21. They cannot judge age worth a flying fart. And it makes me depressed.

Most people guess my age right by looking at me, but a lot of people are surprised after getting to know me, while being clueless as to my age, that I actually am in my early 20s. I take the compliment when I can.
          I always assumed you were in your 30s at least, because you seem mature. That's a huge compliment!

Crap, gotta make this on topic. Well, people probably think John is younger than Elizabeth because of how he acts so young (well, at least in the first 3 seasons). Elizabeth acts mature while John can be a goofball. But then John can be deadly serious too. hmmm... must watch The Eye this weekend.
          Last edited by JT-2; 15 July 2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Finally finished reading Trust and loved it just as much as the first two. Waiting with baited breath for the next instalment.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

I used to volunteer with a recordings for the blind organization. Most of us were senior citizens and they called me "young lady". So it's all relative. For all the new people, I'm the old lady around here though not over the hill quite yet. LOL

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Finally finished reading Trust and loved it just as much as the first two. Waiting with baited breath for the next instalment.
              Next is my TBaF, which should give you a much-needed comic break. The betas claim to be falling over laughing. I hope that continues. Poor John. Poor whumped John. Poor sweaty, bleeding, confused, whumped John. Oh and Ronon strips.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

For the first time ever, I just discussed SGA with someone in my RL (well, outside of my mother and aunt who just drooled at the men, mostly). A coworker and I were discussing cheesy sci-fi movies. I asked if he'd seen any of the Syfy original movies. He said he'd seen a few and they are all laughably bad (which I agreed to - let's be honest here). He asked which ones I'd seen so I described Ferocious Planet and Stonehenge Apocalypse. He'd heard of Stonehenge, but he was at his mom's the night it was on and she didn't want to watch it. I said it was cheesy good fun. Ridiculous but entertaining. He asked why I'd watched it and I said it was because of Misha and Torri. Then he brought up SGA and said "was she the one with the weird hair?" I was like, huh? He shows me the main picture on Netflix for SGA which has her straight Rising hair. He said it looked like it wasn't the way it was supposed to be. I said that was just for 2 episodes then it got curly and looked more normal. He noticed it was streaming online so he might watch some of it. I hope he does!

I didn't say much about it because people in my real life have no idea how obsessed I am.

Comment

I used to volunteer with a recordings for the blind organization. Most of us were senior citizens and they called me "young lady". So it's all relative. For all the new people, I'm the old lady around here though not over the hill quite yet. LOL

Next is my TBaF, which should give you a much-needed comic break. The betas claim to be falling over laughing. I hope that continues. Poor John. Poor whumped John. Poor sweaty, bleeding, confused, whumped John. Oh and Ronon strips.
                  When I first brought my 82 year old mother to the day care facility that she now attends, her first comment to me about the people there was "they look OLD!" I just laughed. Age is always relative.

Oooooooh I can't wait for TBAF!! If Pocus is out there, I'm sure she'll be loving all that whump (as will I!)

Comment

Hello The beautiful people! (not a reference of Manson lol)

How are you?
                    I have a long week end (4 days) thanks to the "Bastille Day and I love it. It was time for me to come here a little.
                    I was at the cinema yesterday to say goodbye to Mister Potter and I saw the trailer of "Conan". Wow, Jason is.....*drool*....hmmm....I'm telling my life. Sorry.lol

Back to the topic. I saw you talked about the movie "Stonehenge". This movie was on tv 4 times in one month (june). The french channel is obsessed by this movie.lol
                    And SGA is back on tv too. So I'm in a "SGA mood".
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

A week from today, I'll be in San Diego for the annual pilgrimage to Comic Con International. Eeek!

On the age discussion, about all I can give you is that my mom (who is in her 60s) and I (in my 30s) are often mistaken as sisters. We get a kick out of it. *evil grin*

I always assumed you were in your 30s at least, because you seem mature. That's a huge compliment!

Crap, gotta make this on topic. Well, people probably think John is younger than Elizabeth because of how he acts so young (well, at least in the first 3 seasons). Elizabeth acts mature while John can be a goofball. But then John can be deadly serious too. hmmm... must watch The Eye this weekend.
                      Gah! You just pinged my wet!Shep kink.

*wolf whistles*

For the first time ever, I just discussed SGA with someone in my RL (well, outside of my mother and aunt who just drooled at the men, mostly). A coworker and I were discussing cheesy sci-fi movies. I asked if he'd seen any of the Syfy original movies. He said he'd seen a few and they are all laughably bad (which I agreed to - let's be honest here). He asked which ones I'd seen so I described Ferocious Planet and Stonehenge Apocalypse. He'd heard of Stonehenge, but he was at his mom's the night it was on and she didn't want to watch it. I said it was cheesy good fun. Ridiculous but entertaining. He asked why I'd watched it and I said it was because of Misha and Torri. Then he brought up SGA and said "was she the one with the weird hair?" I was like, huh? He shows me the main picture on Netflix for SGA which has her straight Rising hair. He said it looked like it wasn't the way it was supposed to be. I said that was just for 2 episodes then it got curly and looked more normal. He noticed it was streaming online so he might watch some of it. I hope he does!

I didn't say much about it because people in my real life have no idea how obsessed I am.
                      Ooooh, we could always use more converts!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Back to the topic. I saw you talked about the movie "Stonehenge". This movie was on tv 4 times in one month (june). The french channel is obsessed by this movie.lol
                      I'd say the French are obsessed with Torri (and Joe!). Good people, good times.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

When I first brought my 82 year old mother to the day care facility that she now attends, her first comment to me about the people there was "they look OLD!" I just laughed. Age is always relative.

Oooooooh I can't wait for TBAF!! If Pocus is out there, I'm sure she'll be loving all that whump (as will I!)
                        Just goes to prove you're only as old as you feel. LOL

How are you?
                        I have a long week end (4 days) thanks to the "Bastille Day and I love it. It was time for me to come here a little.
                        I was at the cinema yesterday to say goodbye to Mister Potter and I saw the trailer of "Conan". Wow, Jason is.....*drool*....hmmm....I'm telling my life. Sorry.lol

Hey, little daughter. Miss you around here. Would you believe they celebrate Bastille Day here in Washington, DC? http://dc.metromix.com/events/roundu...053885/content Mostly, it's an excuse to party, but it seems to be lots of fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd say the French are obsessed with Torri (and Joe!). Good people, good times.
                          It's true. Torri is a guest that French people like. She did 2 conventions here.
                          can't wait to meet her with Joe. hihihihihihi

Hey, little daughter. Miss you around here. Would you believe they celebrate Bastille Day here in Washington, DC? http://dc.metromix.com/events/roundu...053885/content Mostly, it's an excuse to party, but it seems to be lots of fun.
                          "So get your berets and baguettes ready".........Big cliché here.lol
                          Of course, it's an excuse to party. We love it. We're lazy people.lol

Sad thing. We lost two soldiers this day.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's true. Torri is a guest that French people like. She did 2 conventions here.
                            can't wait to meet her with Joe. hihihihihihi

"So get your berets and baguettes ready".........Big cliché here.lol
                            Of course, it's an excuse to party. We love it. We're lazy people.lol

Sad thing. We lost two soldiers this day.
                            So sorry about the soldiers.

Everything is a big cliche here. You should be around on St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

So sorry about the soldiers.

Everything is a big cliche here. You should be around on St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo. LOL
                              We have cliché about American too. lol

Little question: Martin Firrell worked with Torri. The pictures are available or not?
                              sigpic

Comment

A) I would never call you "old", Auntie! Just ... more mature than any of us.
                                B) *droolz and diez* Over which part, I'm not sure. I can't wait for TBaF!!!

See?!?! Thanks!!! *blushes*

Ooh. I agree with SK.

How are you?

PROBIE!!! *glomps* Missed ya!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

A week from today, I'll be in San Diego for the annual pilgrimage to Comic Con International. Eeek!
                                Jealous. Hee!!!

On the age discussion, about all I can give you is that my mom (who is in her 60s) and I (in my 30s) are often mistaken as sisters. We get a kick out of it. *evil grin*
                                Oh, that's just wrong!!!

Gah! You just pinged my wet!Shep kink.
                                Yeah, that's the part I agree on. *points up*

Well, been cleaning up and cleaning house today, and I Tweeted that I was gonna whip out a fic for each of my ships, but I ran out of time. Gotta go help a friend move!!!

Have a great night, and I just noticed the Looney Tunes July theme has taken over.

Comment

Working...
                                X