Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    For those interested in my Valentine eye-candy, I left the entry free for all to see, though I think I turned anynomous commenting off so if you don't have an LJ you won't be able to comment.
    Love the eye-candy! And since I can't green you at the moment, huge mental green!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Thanks. That's been bugging me every since I got my Rat Pack Live and Swing CD and tracked down all the Yiddish and Hebrew that Dean and Sammy were using on it. Trying to figure out the difference was getting confusing.
      The lady is glad to be of service.....happy unvalentines day cause I am guessing you hate it like I do...as I said before Im a Liz Weir without a John Sheppard
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Intruder is tough. Don't want to shortcut anyone's professionalism because of the recent promotion. Don't want to undercut Elizabeth's integrity- especially considering the final straw with Simon splinters here.

But....I do have one idea....and I'm kind of excited about it. We'll see if I can pull it off.

And I love the add on with Shep's hair. I think my lusty affection for Shep is healthy, but the one thing my guy (my gorgeous but bald guy) doesn't have is that freaking incredible hair. I just want to grab it! Goddess....help me please... !Sorry boys....Can I make a nice Lizzie manip for you, perhaps? I can redeem myself....
        Have you considered adding a scene either:

i) when he finds out he's been promoted and comes to tell her, or

ii) after Weir leaves the SGC conference room after saying "you don't want to fight me on this" - either as the group of them questioning why she would defend him so staunchly given Hot Zone - or Landry & Caldwell talking privately about the same issue, with perhaps one of them bringing up that he did the same for her with Everett, or

iii) when Weir calls Caldwell out (on the Deadalus, after he confines all the civilians to their quarters) on missing out on the military commanders job at Atlantis, he argues with her on their relationship (working or otherwise), finishing with something to the effect of "you better be damned sure you know what you're doing, because I think he's reckless, and a liability....", or

iv) Rodney commenting to Elizabeth about how odd it is that they'd promote Sheppard

But those are all fairly serious And now that I think about it, don't involve sparky directly.

John could always ask if she enjoyed her time on Earth? Given that he didn't know about Simon (that we knew of, even Rodney didn't, and he'd known her for longer) he couldn't ask her directly about it. He could ask if she had anyone waiting at home, she could say no, he could say oh that's.......too bad (insincerely).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Somehow I just can't picture Joe being that unreserved. He's much too self conscious. But it sure would be cute.

John: Wait...you think that Dean guy is hot, don't you?
          Elizabeth: Don't be ridiculous. I just like the show for the...ah...music. Yeah, that's it...the great music.
          John: $%$#@$^
          Elizabeth: Aw, come on, don't pout. He's young enough to be my....reality break.
          John: So it's okay for you to do that, but not me?
          Elizabeth: Those posters in your room are not women, John, they're fantasies.
          John: No, they're my reality break Elizabeth, you're my fantasy

Good save, huh?

Originally Posted by Probie
          FH and pkprd: Maybe we can start a club. I also hate Valentine's day.

Can't wait to see Kris. I'm sure she has many funny things to say.
          I'm not only a member, I'm the club president I dislike VD as well, but I'd probably enjoy it more if I had someone to share it with
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Casablanca OT
            Spoiler:
            i was reading a story that was reminiscent of the old Casablanca movie and after watching the movie for the first time and at the end where they're at the airfield i started to think of John and Elizabeth and was wondering if John would've done the same thing to elizabeth like Rick did for Ilsa.
            He absolutely would. In fact the whole tone of that movie fits Sparky perfectly.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            And now we come to today's entry in the 30+1 days meme:

Day the Thirteenth: A scene that made you blush
            You know, there really isn't any scene that made me blush. But giggle like a madwoman? Definitely. Take that scene in "The Long Goodbye" when John is about to be "possessed" by the spirit of Thalan. He's all, 'You know, they were husband and wife. Anything could happen,' and everyone else is totally nonchalant about the whole thing. Even Caldwell isn't batting an eye except to make sure that Sheppard's not armed! It's like they're all thinking, 'Sheppard and Weir are so doing it anyway, who cares?' It just totally cracked me up!
            That whole thing with how everyone reacted has always puzzled me. Either they assumed it wouldn't matter because it was...well...them, or they had been hoping it would happen and saw this as a chance to give love a push. And John himself. Now what was he thinking? We don't have to wonder about that because he brought up the fact that they were married and anything could happen. He knew. It was like he was giving the others a chance to try talking him out of it but hoping they wouldn't. In fact I can see him and Elizabeth talking about it later and coming to the conclusion that everybody must know about them from their reaction. In my own little shippy world of course.

Or in an AU where she's his boss and he's afraid of offending her he just does it because she makes him. After all, we know she frequently sexually harassed him and in fear of his job he never said anything. Because we all know what a spineless wimp John Sheppard is. Oh wait, that didn't happen.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

For those interested in my Valentine eye-candy, I left the entry free for all to see, though I think I turned anynomous commenting off so if you don't have an LJ you won't be able to comment.
              WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It was purty. I'm doing mine today at lunch.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Meat suit? Are you a fellow Supernatural fan, perhaps?

Woo Hoo!! Runs around and claps I'm so looking forward to this. You all are going to do an awesome job!

I didn't like how he and Rodney made fun of John's intelligence. **gives Gero the stink eye** I really liked Daniel in The Pegasus Project, though.

Ok that just made me choke on my soda!

Yes I love the looks on Elizabeth's and Teyla's faces at that remark.
              "Ooh Dr. Beckett is it? Well I'm comforted."
              "What's that supposed to mean?"

One more suggestion. I've wanted to read something about that "she's making me something to eat" followed by John's completely shocked "What??" He seemed very surprised by that idea.
              I yam I yam! I love SPN.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              I'm also hate Valentine's Day FH! How struggles for religious freedom turned into cheap candy I'll never know.
              That totally made me LOL. I'm not exactly a hater, but certainly not a fan.

And now for something... sort of different. Catching up on the meme!

First, yesterday's entry.

Day the Twelfth: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
              Easy. The scene in lifeline where Elizabeth ran out of the jumper. That's one of those inevitable scenes that you knew had to happen because of all of the business carp that happened so there was no avoiding it, but when you're actually watching it you just wanna go DON'T FRELLING LEAVE THE JUMPER!

I still yell at that scene

And now we come to today's entry in the 30+1 days meme:
              Day the Thirteenth: A scene that made you blush
              Um, while, again, non-suspension of reality for me, I will say that the ending of Sanctuary sort of had me go 'huh, uh? ew, that's just weird, evil pictures out of my head'. So whatever the heck that glowy thing was supposed to imply, prefer not to think about it. Schyeah.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                well since tommrow is valentine's day im sure john will probably walking around atlantis thinking of elizabeth.
                Yep- he's got to put dibs on the good supply closets first

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Have you considered adding a scene either:

Spoiler:
                i) when he finds out he's been promoted and comes to tell her, or

ii) after Weir leaves the SGC conference room after saying "you don't want to fight me on this" - either as the group of them questioning why she would defend him so staunchly given Hot Zone - or Landry & Caldwell talking privately about the same issue, with perhaps one of them bringing up that he did the same for her with Everett, or

iii) when Weir calls Caldwell out (on the Deadalus, after he confines all the civilians to their quarters) on missing out on the military commanders job at Atlantis, he argues with her on their relationship (working or otherwise), finishing with something to the effect of "you better be damned sure you know what you're doing, because I think he's reckless, and a liability....", or

iv) Rodney commenting to Elizabeth about how odd it is that they'd promote Sheppard

But those are all fairly serious And now that I think about it, don't involve sparky directly.

John could always ask if she enjoyed her time on Earth? Given that he didn't know about Simon (that we knew of, even Rodney didn't, and he'd known her for longer) he couldn't ask her directly about it. He could ask if she had anyone waiting at home, she could say no, he could say oh that's.......too bad (insincerely).
                Spoiler:

Those are some good ones, thanks for taking the time!

Elizabeth: Aw, come on, don't pout. He's young enough to be my....reality break.

Good save, huh?
                I'm not only a member, I'm the club president I dislike VD as well, but I'd probably enjoy it more if I had someone to share it with
                Ha! Nice save indeed.

He absolutely would. In fact the whole tone of that movie fits Sparky perfectly.

That whole thing with how everyone reacted has always puzzled me. Either they assumed it wouldn't matter because it was...well...them, or they had been hoping it would happen and saw this as a chance to give love a push. And John himself. Now what was he thinking? We don't have to wonder about that because he brought up the fact that they were married and anything could happen. He knew. It was like he was giving the others a chance to try talking him out of it but hoping they wouldn't. In fact I can see him and Elizabeth talking about it later and coming to the conclusion that everybody must know about them from their reaction. In my own little shippy world of course.

Or in an AU where she's his boss and he's afraid of offending her he just does it because she makes him. After all, we know she frequently sexually harassed him and in fear of his job he never said anything. Because we all know what a spineless wimp John Sheppard is. Oh wait, that didn't happen.
                Oh holy crap! SR!!!! Snorting coffee through my nose is Not good for my laptop. I am, however, much more alert....interesting.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Oh holy crap! SR!!!! Snorting coffee through my nose is Not good for my laptop. I am, however, much more alert....interesting.
                  You think I'm kidding, don't you. Somebody actually said that. On another thread of course. There was a lot more too that I've flushed forgotten.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Mission accomplished.
                    You are getting major cookies for that spam......especially since the gorgeous Jonathan Togo is in it
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And Happy Valentine's Day to our Sparky! ('cause really, my ship is the only thing I'm into it for )

I saved this one for today to give myself something to squee over this morning, and you delivered! SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Good save, huh?
                      Very good save!

I'm joining you in that shippy little world! Because of course everyone knew. Not that they're going to say anything, of course. What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis.

*snorts*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Um, while, again, non-suspension of reality for me, I will say that the ending of Sanctuary sort of had me go 'huh, uh? ew, that's just weird, evil pictures out of my head'. So whatever the heck that glowy thing was supposed to imply, prefer not to think about it. Schyeah.
                      Bwahahaha! I think that scene would qualify as one where I kept rolling my eyes at it's silliness.

You think I'm kidding, don't you. Somebody actually said that. On another thread of course. There was a lot more too that I've flushed forgotten.
                      Flushed, tried to bleach out of our brains... Yeah. Not exactly consistent with reality, is it?
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Valentines Day To The Sparkiyites, I bring thee a little future Dialouge in my Crossover series. In this More finds himself in Kolya's clutches and the topic of Sparky happens to come up:

More: We were going to send Doctor Weir but I opted to come in her place.
                        Kolya: Good thing you didn't, the last thing I would want is her bedmate attacking me again
                        More: You think so too eh?
                        Kolya: is it not obvious I told Major Sheppard I killed Weir and he wiped out my men like a Wraith Culling.

BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Alright sparkies, some Valentine's Day mush!

Spoiler:
                          Words of Love

John Sheppard ran a frustrated hand through his hair as he waited for the transporter. Valentine’s Day was his least favorite holiday. Despite John’s love of candy, this particular day was a farce. He would always smirk when nobody could tell him the real significance of Valentine’s Day.

Elizabeth Weir poured herself some punch and sighed. Valentine’s Day was something she put on par with dentist appointments. You just go and get it over with and continue your day. She made the rounds talking to everyone and mingling. All the couples at the party were civilians, Elizabeth was glad General O’Neill agreed to let all the married personnel send a video message to their spouses.

“Hey Elizabeth,” Ronon greeted.

“Hi Ronon, how is your second Valentine’s Day on Atlantis?” Elizabeth smiled seeing Ronon uncomfortable.

“I still don’t get all the flowery stuff. I mean the things die in a few days. Not the best symbol for love,” Ronon grabbed a handful of candy.

“I never thought of it that way…” Elizabeth pondered Ronon’s simple yet poignant statement.

“The music is pretty cool,” Ronon said as he munched on some chocolate.

“Not my thing, but it’s keeping everyone entertained,” Elizabeth suppressed a laugh at Ronon’s Earth slang.

On the temporary stage the band had Radek Zelenka on drums, Dr. Carson Beckett playing an electric bass, Major Lorne on a Fender Stratocaster, and Lt. Laura Cadman playing keyboard and singing.

Go baby go go
                          We’re right behind you
                          Go baby go go
                          Yeah we're looking at you

John entered the large dock just as the song ended. Not being big on large crowds, he looked for some familiar faces. By the snack table he saw Elizabeth and Ronon and decided to join them. On the way over he saw Ronon leave and Elizbaeht standing by herself.

“Alright everybody, let’s slow it down for minute. I’m gonna turn it over to the boys to handle the singing,” Laura turned to count off the band.

“Rodney, ask her to dance,” Jennifer Keller implored her boyfriend.

“Really? Doesn’t that seem odd?” McKay’s face contorted into confusion.

“No girl wants to be left alone during a slow song. Especially on Valentine’s Day,” Jennifer pointed out.

“Huh! That makes no sense,” McKay crossed his arms in defiance.

“Hey John,” Rodney saw John as he passed.

“Hey Rodney, hey Jennifer,” John smiled at his friends.

“Can you do me a favor and go dance with Elizabeth?” McKay asked bluntly.

“Uh…” was the only response John offer being taken aback at Rodney’s request.

“Colonel, she’s all alone during a slow song,” Keller added.

“I guess. What’s one little dance,” John smiled and went to ask Elizabeth to dance.

“Hi John,” Elizabeth greeted seeing John approach.

“Hey Elizabeth. Having fun?” John asked.

“Okay I guess, and you?” Elizabeth replied.

“Just got here. Shall we?” John extended his hand.

“Well,” Elizabeth thought it over for a moment, “why not.”

Hold me close
                          And tell me how you feel
                          Tell me love is real

John pulled Elizabeth close to him as Lorne and Zelenka harmonized on lyrics. Deep down he always wondered what Elizabeth would feel like in his arms. John had to admit, having her in his arms felt better than he thought.

Words of love
                          You whisper soft and true
                          Darling I love you

Elizabeth tensed at John holding her so close. She wouldn’t let someone she was not in a relationship with be this close, but a feeling of peace overtook Elizabeth. The scent of gunpowder and John’s aftershave flooded her senses. Elizabeth closed her eyes enjoying the aroma.

Let me hear you say
                          The words I long to here
                          Darling when you’re near

Elizabeth played through their relationship. They are friends without doubt. But she could sense something else under the surface. The banter and teasing. The smiles and looks. The looks always left Elizabeth wondering. She saw a pleading for something. Something she wanted to give, but never sure that is what was wanted.

Words of love
                          Darling I love you

John fought the urge to let his head fall into Elizabeth’s curls. Just the faint scent of her shampoo played with his mind. If not for the crowd, John wondered if Elizabeth would even mind. Would she push him away? Do nothing? Or would she lay her head on his chest on whisper his name softly.

The song ended but John and Elizabeth held each other for a moment longer. When they parted their eyes met. Searching to see if the other felt the same connection during their brief interlude. A shared, faint smile confirmed what both wanted.

“Love birds, time to pick it up with some Spin Doctors,” Laura ended John and Elizabeth’s moment and moved the party ahead.

Cherry Lips

Words of Love (Beatles Cover) Sparky Valentine's treats if you can tell if it's John and Paul or John and George. I think it's the latter.
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

pkprd: Excellent! I'm with Ronon when he said "I still don’t get all the flowery stuff. I mean the things die in a few days. Not the best symbol for love”.lol
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

eBay no longer gives buyers' full usernames as they did in years past, just a string of asterisks bracketed by a couple of letters or numbers. But both chair backs were won by a "u***g." (the same person also appears to have won the Christopher Judge and Rainbow (Sun) Francks chair backs) So my wish for the Sparky chair backs to be kept together has been fulfilled.
                              Why do I have a feeling these will soon find their way back onto the Ebay-web. At least I know who cheated me out of my fun, at least this time I wasn't outbid by a dollar. I had bid on the RSF chair back btw.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Love the eye-candy! And since I can't green you at the moment, huge mental green!
                              Glad you enjoyed it!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              You are getting major cookies for that spam......especially since the gorgeous Jonathan Togo is in it
                              JT is one of the few men that I really, really like watching in a show.

I saved this one for today to give myself something to squee over this morning, and you delivered! SQUEEEEEEEEE!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                                Alright sparkies, some Valentine's Day mush!

Spoiler:
                                Words of Love

John Sheppard ran a frustrated hand through his hair as he waited for the transporter. Valentine’s Day was his least favorite holiday. Despite John’s love of candy, this particular day was a farce. He would always smirk when nobody could tell him the real significance of Valentine’s Day.

Elizabeth Weir poured herself some punch and sighed. Valentine’s Day was something she put on par with dentist appointments. You just go and get it over with and continue your day. She made the rounds talking to everyone and mingling. All the couples at the party were civilians, Elizabeth was glad General O’Neill agreed to let all the married personnel send a video message to their spouses.

“Hey Elizabeth,” Ronon greeted.

“Hi Ronon, how is your second Valentine’s Day on Atlantis?” Elizabeth smiled seeing Ronon uncomfortable.

“I still don’t get all the flowery stuff. I mean the things die in a few days. Not the best symbol for love,” Ronon grabbed a handful of candy.

“I never thought of it that way…” Elizabeth pondered Ronon’s simple yet poignant statement.

“The music is pretty cool,” Ronon said as he munched on some chocolate.

“Not my thing, but it’s keeping everyone entertained,” Elizabeth suppressed a laugh at Ronon’s Earth slang.

On the temporary stage the band had Radek Zelenka on drums, Dr. Carson Beckett playing an electric bass, Major Lorne on a Fender Stratocaster, and Lt. Laura Cadman playing keyboard and singing.

Go baby go go
                                We’re right behind you
                                Go baby go go
                                Yeah we're looking at you

John entered the large dock just as the song ended. Not being big on large crowds, he looked for some familiar faces. By the snack table he saw Elizabeth and Ronon and decided to join them. On the way over he saw Ronon leave and Elizbaeht standing by herself.

“Alright everybody, let’s slow it down for minute. I’m gonna turn it over to the boys to handle the singing,” Laura turned to count off the band.

“Rodney, ask her to dance,” Jennifer Keller implored her boyfriend.

“Really? Doesn’t that seem odd?” McKay’s face contorted into confusion.

“No girl wants to be left alone during a slow song. Especially on Valentine’s Day,” Jennifer pointed out.

“Huh! That makes no sense,” McKay crossed his arms in defiance.

“Hey John,” Rodney saw John as he passed.

“Hey Rodney, hey Jennifer,” John smiled at his friends.

“Can you do me a favor and go dance with Elizabeth?” McKay asked bluntly.

“Uh…” was the only response John offer being taken aback at Rodney’s request.

“Colonel, she’s all alone during a slow song,” Keller added.

“I guess. What’s one little dance,” John smiled and went to ask Elizabeth to dance.

“Hi John,” Elizabeth greeted seeing John approach.

“Hey Elizabeth. Having fun?” John asked.

“Okay I guess, and you?” Elizabeth replied.

“Just got here. Shall we?” John extended his hand.

“Well,” Elizabeth thought it over for a moment, “why not.”

Hold me close
                                And tell me how you feel
                                Tell me love is real

John pulled Elizabeth close to him as Lorne and Zelenka harmonized on lyrics. Deep down he always wondered what Elizabeth would feel like in his arms. John had to admit, having her in his arms felt better than he thought.

Words of love
                                Darling I love you

Elizabeth tensed at John holding her so close. She wouldn’t let someone she was not in a relationship with be this close, but a feeling of peace overtook Elizabeth. The scent of gunpowder and John’s aftershave flooded her senses. Elizabeth closed her eyes enjoying the aroma.

Let me hear you say
                                The words I long to here
                                Darling when you’re near

Elizabeth played through their relationship. They are friends without doubt. But she could sense something else under the surface. The banter and teasing. The smiles and looks. The looks always left Elizabeth wondering. She saw a pleading for something. Something she wanted to give, but never sure that is what was wanted.

Words of love
                                Darling I love you

John fought the urge to let his head fall into Elizabeth’s curls. Just the faint scent of her shampoo played with his mind. If not for the crowd, John wondered if Elizabeth would even mind. Would she push him away? Do nothing? Or would she lay her head on his chest on whisper his name softly.

The song ended but John and Elizabeth held each other for a moment longer. When they parted their eyes met. Searching to see if the other felt the same connection during their brief interlude. A shared, faint smile confirmed what both wanted.

“Love birds, time to pick it up with some Spin Doctors,” Laura ended John and Elizabeth’s moment and moved the party ahead.

Cherry Lips

Words of Love (Beatles Cover) Sparky Valentine's treats if you can tell if it's John and Paul or John and George. I think it's the latter.
                                Ahahaha! Nothing like a romantic dance where they're getting lost in each other's eyes. *sighs and melts* Hooray for mush!

Why do I have a feeling these will soon find their way back onto the Ebay-web. At least I know who cheated me out of my fun, at least this time I wasn't outbid by a dollar. I had bid on the RSF chair back btw.
                                Blech, that's a good point.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X