• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    ACK! I'm taking my sugar bowl back.
    It's empty anyway...

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    More OT RL 21st Bday Feastivities Planning Drama

Spoiler:
    GAHHH MY ROOMMATE BAILED ON ME FOR THE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE CONCERT! NOW I HAVE TO SCRAMBLE TO FIND A NEW PERSON TO ATTEND THE CONCERT WITH ME!!! Sign my 21st Birthday is gonna suck?
    That sucks... my friends managed to frak up my 30th so I know how it feels.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 09 April 2011, 04:12 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Mornin' Sparkies. I loved the OT discussion but it looks like everybody blinked. No government shutdown. I'm hoping this whole thing brings more notice to the ridiculous stuff our taxes pay for. And personally, I think all your comments were excellent. Why can't the Sparky thread run the country?

Now we can concentrate on the really important things. Like Joe's big monster movie tonight. It also looks like he whumped himself good fashion. new interview
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        OT
        Spoiler:
        The programs my organization operates are federally funded. They are national programs that are operated at a local level, so there are organizations similar to us all across the nation which operate the same kind of programs. We are a non-profit which receives federal funding. We work with job seekers from all different kinds of backgrounds and help employers too.

I agree there's a lot of govt waste out there. And, I'm very disappointed in the people in washington and all the game playing.

It's just hard when you're a federally funded program and you are one of the ones who operates their business in a frugal manner and do good work every day to help people who really need it and you have the very real possibility of watching the people who work for you get penalized as well as the customers you serve.

I apologize - I prolly went on too long there. I'll leave it at that - thanks everyone for listening. Now....back to regular Sparky programming....

Spoiler:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...echoes0180.jpg
        E - Rodney, would you like to explain to me why there are hidden cameras in the living quarters?

R (off camera, stuttering) - Elizabeth, I swear, I didn't know they were there. The ancients must have had them installed for security reasons. I promise, no one else saw the footage of you and J...

E - Rodney, that's enough - I changed my mind, you dont' need to explain - just delete the videos. All of them.

J - Rodney, um, before you erase anything, why don't you give me those videos. As head of security, it should probably be my responsibility to ensure they are destroyed properly...

E (in a warning tone) - John.....

R (in his head) - I so don't get paid enough....
        LOL! Oh you KNOW Rodney watched those tapes. Repeatedly.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Here's my contribution to some on topic banter. Sort of

Spoiler:

IDK Rodney, somewhere in this range.

You son of a *****. Not only do you get the girl, but you have to win at that too. I hate you
        Spoiler:

What do you mean you'll only sleep with one of us? You're not polyamorous too? Damn. You're gonna pick the flyboy, aren't you?

Spoiler:

Teyla's disturbing dream: zomg!! what in the world are polyamorous nomads?!
        Spoiler:

No, Rodney, I will not take a walk with you.

Spoiler:

I'm here, just like you wanted

Whoa. What brought that on?

Just following orders. You said get here, get doubled

No, I said get here on the double.
        LMAO!!

Spoiler:

Rodney attempts to seduce Teyla, but proves to be a novice in that department
        Spoiler:

In your dreams, Rodney.

Comment

to both Gateraid & JT-2

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Mornin' Sparkies. I loved the OT discussion but it looks like everybody blinked. No government shutdown. I'm hoping this whole thing brings more notice to the ridiculous stuff our taxes pay for. And personally, I think all your comments were excellent. Why can't the Sparky thread run the country?

Now we can concentrate on the really important things. Like Joe's big monster movie tonight. It also looks like he whumped himself good fashion. new interview
            Thanks for the link! Too bad that CoP didn't get picked up. It definitely had potential.

Comment

*grumble...grumble*

*digs deeper into SGA canon*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                *grumble...grumble*

*digs deeper into SGA canon*
                See I can read your mind now. I know what you are thinking and I want to thank gateraid for pointing out that particular piece of canon. Teyla was disgusted by Rodney's little lame come on. This is not a woman who would have gone on a "walk" with him. Now that I think about it, Irresistible told us a lot about how Teyla thinks. When she wasn't under the influence of the herb, she was not open in any way to being used as a sex object. She reacted to Lucious with dignity and reserve, not to mention disgust at his proposals. And since Ronon didn't knock his head off or John didn't step in and speak for her, that tells us they knew she was not open to that sort of thing and would handle it just fine. No polyamory here. And that's canon.
                Last edited by Southern Red; 09 April 2011, 07:56 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I just... I'm not sure but I sense people not knowing the characters at all... seriously these characters never acted that way, did they? You bring up Irr's, but beyond that... seriously.... the characters are far from being spot-on. Damn it!

Random thought:

You know what's funny about that screencap with Teyla and Rodney... I don't know if anyone ever noticed this but me, but he's holding a tissue in his hand.

Does that mean that Kate made him cry?

Comment

I just... I'm not sure but I sense people not knowing the characters at all... seriously these characters never acted that way, did they? You bring up Irr's, but beyond that... seriously.... the characters are far from being spot-on. Damn it!

Random thought:

You know what's funny about that screencap with Teyla and Rodney... I don't know if anyone ever noticed this but me, but he's holding a tissue in his hand.

Forever a mystery, my friend. Forever a mystery. I don't remember any other time in canon that Teyla was anything but reserved, modest and never flirty. Which is my major problem with how they dressed her. Obviously the idea of men or boys under 14.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

gateraid, JT-2, you both win at life! We're always in the gutter!

Why can't the Sparky thread run the country?
                      Why, indeed. Not only would Stargate be in a better place, so would the country. 'Cause, you know, everyone would be a Sparky fan, and therefore would be happy.

Heehee! I read that, too. Poor Joe!

Hey, since we're planning
                      Spoiler:
                      to cut Atlantis off from Earth long-term at the end of S6, and we did talk a bit about how Atlantis would have to become more self-sufficient, I wonder if we might see John working in the garden next season?

True enough. Just look at how TPTW never let John follow through on the "we don't leave our people behind" principle with Elizabeth.

Random thought:

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

gateraid, JT-2, you both win at life! We're always in the gutter!

Why, indeed. Not only would Stargate be in a better place, so would the country. 'Cause, you know, everyone would be a Sparky fan, and therefore would be happy.

Heehee! I read that, too. Poor Joe!

Hey, since we're planning
                        Spoiler:
                        to cut Atlantis off from Earth long-term at the end of S6, and we did talk a bit about how Atlantis would have to become more self-sufficient, I wonder if we might see John working in the garden next season?
                        Oh, I think Joe would love that. And if he's serious about trying to bring back SGA in some form, we need to talk to him. All we need is funding and permission. That would be where he comes in. I'm willing to fly out there for a meeting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Random thought:

Yes, and I know why.
                          Spoiler:

kateanim.gif Dr. McKay, why would you think I'd want to walk with you either?

What is with the women in this city?!

Hey Carson. How do YOU feel about walks?

Sorry, guys, couldn't resist.

Comment

Oh, I think Joe would love that. And if he's serious about trying to bring back SGA in some form, we need to talk to him. All we need is funding and permission. That would be where he comes in. I'm willing to fly out there for a meeting.
                            I'll bring the Lagavulin 16 Year.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Yes, and I know why.
                            Spoiler:
                            http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_204_322.JPG
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]29712[/ATTACH] Dr. McKay, why would you think I'd want to walk with you either?
                            http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_204_323.JPG
                            What is with the women in this city?!
                            http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_204_432.JPG
                            Hey Carson. How do YOU feel about walks?

Sorry, guys, couldn't resist.
                            *dies laughing*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

with the whole
                              Spoiler:
                              cutting off Atlantis from earth thing. as interesting as the storyline is i beg of you not to bring in the communication stones. those were kinda of a hassle on universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                with the whole
                                Spoiler:
                                cutting off Atlantis from earth thing. as interesting as the storyline is i beg of you not to bring in the communication stones. those were kinda of a hassle on universe.
                                Oops.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X