X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    That's the one!

In case you're getting a bit tired of that one and since we're coming close to V-Day. Just a little variation. I stole the manip from someone. If you're around, identify yourself. If you're not, please be tolerant.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...570fc42b1b.jpg
    Oooh, the pretties! *snerches*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So, it's the first day of February, and that means it's my turn to run through the 30+1 Days of Atlantis!

Day the First: Your favorite character
      Elizabeth Weir - Why? She's a real woman, instead of yet another retread of the same tired old genre clichés. She's not some tarted-up warrior babe, or a simpering princess, a know-it-all science genius, or a doe-eyed priestess. She doesn't look like she just stepped off the cover of a fashion magazine. She's skinny, she's got small breasts (finally! A heroine who doesn't look like a walking cosmetic surgery advertisement!), she's got freckles and age lines and doesn't wear much makeup (well, except for that stretch in Season 2 where the makeup department went overboard), and when she goes off-duty, she ditches the uniform for equally simple, comfortable clothing. She's just an ordinary woman living in extraordinary circumstances, who uses her intellect and her empathy to navigate the dangerous waters the expedition must travel through. She's far more patient than I am; though to be honest, anyone who has to put up with wrangling 200+ people in a galaxy far, far away should be nominated for sainthood! She's you. She's me. She's the everywoman that is the cornerstone of the expedition and the true Heart of Atlantis.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        ZOMG, I just found a bunch of yummy new Elizabeth and Sparky icons, animated gifs and a couple of wallpapers. They're all so cute! Now I have to decide which ones I want to upload on my LJ!
        Very cute! I love animated gifs.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        1) Stargate Ren!!!!! (I am beginning to forget how to use contractions the more I read- and forgetting what decade I'm in the more I catch up on posts and read Stargate Ren!) and
        2) May I present for your gracious consideration- Netflix! A few people have mentioned not having all the epps on DVD- I am lucky enough to have them- but now I can be lazy enough to stream live whenever, where ever and I never have to figure out which Farscape box I inadvertently placed the SGA disc in.

So this is my plan: run to get red velvet cake, stream SGA on my external monitor and read Stargate Ren on the laptop monitor (pausing to observe all of the best sparky moments). Holy cow batman! Slumber party?

*someone mention a 12 step program?*
        Ok that sounds like the PERFECT night!!!! I'm glad another person has gotten sucked into Stargate Ren. I still think Lorne is really Marcus. His middle name must be Evan

I always thought they should do something with John and a sword or actually a sabre like a Zorro type thing. I can picture him as a Scarlet Pimpernel type character. Joe is so athletic. He could have picked up fencing in a snap. *pictures big puffy sleeves on a white shirt* And I can see John swooping down on a rope, grabbing Elizabeth around the waist and swooping off again. *flaily flail*
        **Flails too** That reminds me of a fic you wrote, where John got knocked on the head and kept imagining himself in all wacky things like Robin Hood and Spiderman. Good times!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Easy. Just swap John for Westley in "The Princess Bride" and you're good to go!
        If only John once said "as you wish" to Elizabeth....

I was killing time reading some more posts back in my early days on this thread. Someone commented at the time that we had done over 1000 posts in 3 weeks and we all got excited. We had just hit the 6000 posts mark.

Now, here we are 6 years later almost and in the last 2 weeks we did 729 posts. I'm thinking Sparky is very consistent. There was a lull when the terrible awful thing happened to Elizabeth but something has brought along new people who are just as excited as we were back in the day when we were counting the hours until 9pm on Friday night. And a number of posters were coming in and reporting just the kind of experience my friend Ms. S recently had when she watched for the first time. Obvious Sparky and no other choice.

We were also continually surprised by how much Sparky we got when we were least expecting it. For example, the bits in Duet. I wish all of you could have experienced the feeling of positive Sparky energy of those days.
        I think I'm glad I wasn't obsessed with them then like I am now. The news of Elizabeth's departure would have just gutted me. I only started watching the show early last year (and it's a weird string of events that got me into it). But Sparky soon ate my brain cells in a way no other ship or show ever has. My point, I guess, is that I came into it knowing there was no happy ending (on screen - SGA Rising FTW!). The let down would have sucked, I imagine.

Don't forget about Mullie. He was the one who wanted Elizabeth dead-dead, as opposed to merely MIA. *readies the fire-ants*
        Ah, but wasn't he also the one who vetoed Torren being John's baby?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Ah, but wasn't he also the one who vetoed Torren being John's baby?
          True fax, that. Okay, canceling the fire ants.

Comment

So, it's the first day of February, and that means it's my turn to run through the 30+1 Days of Atlantis!

Elizabeth Weir - Why? She's a real woman, instead of yet another retread of the same tired old genre clichés. She's not some tarted-up warrior babe, or a simpering princess, a know-it-all science genius, or a doe-eyed priestess. She doesn't look like she just stepped off the cover of a fashion magazine. She's skinny, she's got small breasts (finally! A heroine who doesn't look like a walking cosmetic surgery advertisement!), she's got freckles and age lines and doesn't wear much makeup (well, except for that stretch in Season 2 where the makeup department went overboard), and when she goes off-duty, she ditches the uniform for equally simple, comfortable clothing. She's just an ordinary woman living in extraordinary circumstances, who uses her intellect and her empathy to navigate the dangerous waters the expedition must travel through. She's far more patient than I am; though to be honest, anyone who has to put up with wrangling 200+ people in a galaxy far, far away should be nominated for sainthood! She's you. She's me. She's the everywoman that is the cornerstone of the expedition and the true Heart of Atlantis.
            Im not surprised =D
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, and another thing...

**Flails too** That reminds me of a fic you wrote, where John got knocked on the head and kept imagining himself in all wacky things like Robin Hood and Spiderman. Good times!!
              That sounds like Brain Damage! Only the crackiest of crack will do for Sparky!

Comment

Oh, and another thing...

Yup that's the one!! I love that one!! All of SR's fics are really good.

Oh, and speaking of crack!fic.... Another good one is Anuna's "Barefoot and handcuffed"

Yes I've stalked their fics. When I read a good Sparky story, then I tend to look at the other stories the author has done. It's an easy way to guarantee quality.

Comment

Oh, and another thing...

LORD KOLYA This story was epic I loved Knight!John. I think John in shining armor is pretty cute....though....for a second there I thought Elizabeth as Queen Elizabeth I and John as the infamous Robert Dudley!

Thanks for sharing and *claps for SR*
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
                    if you would like a copy of Torri's movie, You, Me, Love ... check out my post in the Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread for instructions on how to get one.
                    You come bearing gifts- welcome indeed! Now if you can find me a link to JF's Change of Plans...well, that would be deserving of Chipotle and red velvet cake!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Just stopping by for meme cause I'm working... well, sort of.... I'm doing what I studied for but don't get paid for it... Design it Romeo @ work...

Anyway...

Spoiler:
                    Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 30: One thing you would change

Only one thing?!?

Spoiler:
                    That could be a problem....

If I can change only one thing I'm going to change it at the source and say TPTW - those who decided to kick Elizabeth Weir out the way she was, those that kill expandable characters and joke about it, those that bring back Clone!Beckett but don't spend any time whatsoever dealing with this clone-thing, those that freely admit to favoring McKay above all others because he's easiest to write for and thus neglect the other characters, those that neglected giving a decent story to the Athosians, Teyla, Ronon beyond his Satedan adventures, Sheppard, ...

I have to admit I adore McKay- but I heartily agree. So many rich moments we could have enjoyed, so many wasted opportunities.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Oye, should I go in hiding?
                    Never!

Spoiler:

Very nice job. My saving grace at work- what would Elizabeth do?

Oh, and another thing...

That's a great one!

SW- I love that song on the video- and the POV. It was nice to see some clips in the vid I don't normally see in Sparky vids but I just wish some of them were not from First Strike. Makes me sad
                    And...bookmarks Everyone's Fine (Stargate Ren's really going to put a crimp in my other sparky fic, I fear)

And: Slumber party was a bummer. Plot bunnies at all my cake and took my sleeping bag. Well, there's always tonight
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

You come bearing gifts- welcome indeed! Now if you can find me a link to JF's Change of Plans...well, that would be deserving of Chipotle and red velvet cake!
                      Change of Plans is coming out on DVD (packaged with the soundtrack CD) on March 22. $13 at Walmart!

Very nice job. My saving grace at work- what would Elizabeth do?
                      Thank you! And I find myself asking that question as well... doesn't always work, though.

(Stargate Ren's really going to put a crimp in my other sparky fic, I fear)
                      Stargate!Ren will eat your brain. And you'll love every second of it.

And: Slumber party was a bummer. Plot bunnies at all my cake and took my sleeping bag. Well, there's always tonight
                      LOL! Darn those pesky bunnies! Always eating the cake when you're not looking!

Comment

Change of Plans is coming out on DVD (packaged with the soundtrack CD) on March 22. $13 at Walmart!

Thank you! And I find myself asking that question as well... doesn't always work, though.

Stargate!Ren will eat your brain. And you'll love every second of it.

LOL! Darn those pesky bunnies! Always eating the cake when you're not looking!
                        A whole month for the DVD! Crikey! I suppose that gives me a whole month to rot my brain with Stargate Ren (but at the rate I'm tearing through them, it won't take but a week).

And those rascally rabbits- I really need a babysitter for them. Now the bunnies want some darn Chipotle 1/3 lb angus burger. I think they are cahoots with Dish Network, I keep seeing these ads from McDonalds plastering Chipotle across my tv (note to self- get smaller tv). Now on one shoulder the bunnies stomach's are growling in my ear and in the other ear I hear JF saying he doesn't eat that crap. When did Koyla get into advertising? Torture I tell you! Now I must go in search of my sanity. I know I left it around here somewhere.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Yup that's the one!! I love that one!! All of SR's fics are really good.

Oh, and speaking of crack!fic.... Another good one is Anuna's "Barefoot and handcuffed"

Yes I've stalked their fics. When I read a good Sparky story, then I tend to look at the other stories the author has done. It's an easy way to guarantee quality.
                          Oh, and another thing...

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          LORD KOLYA This story was epic I loved Knight!John. I think John in shining armor is pretty cute....though....for a second there I thought Elizabeth as Queen Elizabeth I and John as the infamous Robert Dudley!

Thanks for sharing and *claps for SR*
                          Thanks to all of you. That is truly the crackiest of the crack and was fun to write. Poor John.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks to all of you. That is truly the crackiest of the crack and was fun to write. Poor John.
                            I would have had a blast writing it.
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

A whole month for the DVD! Crikey! I suppose that gives me a whole month to rot my brain with Stargate Ren (but at the rate I'm tearing through them, it won't take but a week).
                              And those rascally rabbits- I really need a babysitter for them. Now the bunnies want some darn Chipotle 1/3 lb angus burger. I think they are cahoots with Dish Network, I keep seeing these ads from McDonalds plastering Chipotle across my tv (note to self- get smaller tv). Now on one shoulder the bunnies stomach's are growling in my ear and in the other ear I hear JF saying he doesn't eat that crap. When did Koyla get into advertising? Torture I tell you! Now I must go in search of my sanity. I know I left it around here somewhere.
                              Carnivorous bunnies, eh? Sounds like the dreaded Rabbit of Caerbannog!

Hahahaha! Poor John, indeed! Who knew head injuries could be so much fun?

Comment

MONTY PYTHON WINNNN!!!!!!

Liz Weir Approves.....with John Sheppard for Dessert
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X