No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and happy first day of February!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I can also see John shrugging it off by saying it's a great way to get girls. But, yeah, he secretly loves the challenge.
    He just hasn't been able to keep in practice lately. 'Cause, you know, bantos rods are not rapiers. And Ronon's style of swordplay sure isn't fencing!

Day 29: least favorite enemy

I guess that would have to be Lucious because he just fell so far short of their original intent. I hate the Asurans too but on the other hand think they were an effective enemy except for the getting rid of Torri Elizabeth thing.
    And certainly, they never got as silly as the Wraith did.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was killing time reading some more posts back in my early days on this thread. Someone commented at the time that we had done over 1000 posts in 3 weeks and we all got excited. We had just hit the 6000 posts mark.

Now, here we are 6 years later almost and in the last 2 weeks we did 729 posts. I'm thinking Sparky is very consistent. There was a lull when the terrible awful thing happened to Elizabeth but something has brought along new people who are just as excited as we were back in the day when we were counting the hours until 9pm on Friday night. And a number of posters were coming in and reporting just the kind of experience my friend Ms. S recently had when she watched for the first time. Obvious Sparky and no other choice.

We were also continually surprised by how much Sparky we got when we were least expecting it. For example, the bits in Duet. I wish all of you could have experienced the feeling of positive Sparky energy of those days.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just a long time lurker popping in ... Wow! I just can not keep up with all of you. Every time I get on here I have to read through 4 or 5 pages.
        To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

if you would like a copy of Torri's movie, You, Me, Love ... check out my post in the Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread for instructions on how to get one.
          To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Just stopping by for meme cause I'm working... well, sort of.... I'm doing what I studied for but don't get paid for it... Design it Romeo @ work...

Anyway...

Spoiler:
            Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 30: One thing you would change

Only one thing?!?

That could be a problem....

If I can change only one thing I'm going to change it at the source and say TPTW - those who decided to kick Elizabeth Weir out the way she was, those that kill expandable characters and joke about it, those that bring back Clone!Beckett but don't spend any time whatsoever dealing with this clone-thing, those that freely admit to favoring McKay above all others because he's easiest to write for and thus neglect the other characters, those that neglected giving a decent story to the Athosians, Teyla, Ronon beyond his Satedan adventures, Sheppard, ...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
              Just a long time lurker popping in ... Wow! I just can not keep up with all of you. Every time I get on here I have to read through 4 or 5 pages.

Welcome here!
              Thank you for the informatiob

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Just stopping by for meme cause I'm working... well, sort of.... I'm doing what I studied for but don't get paid for it... Design it Romeo @ work...

Anyway...

Spoiler:
              Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 30: One thing you would change

Only one thing?!?

That could be a problem....

If I can change only one thing I'm going to change it at the source and say TPTW - those who decided to kick Elizabeth Weir out the way she was, those that kill expandable characters and joke about it, those that bring back Clone!Beckett but don't spend any time whatsoever dealing with this clone-thing, those that freely admit to favoring McKay above all others because he's easiest to write for and thus neglect the other characters, those that neglected giving a decent story to the Athosians, Teyla, Ronon beyond his Satedan adventures, Sheppard, ...
              Amen sister! We're two. You can have Robert C Cooper, I will handle Mallozzi and Wright.lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Amen sister! We're two. You can have Robert C Cooper, I will handle Mallozzi and Wright.lol
                They'll better start stocking up on ankle-protectors.

Comment

They'll better start stocking up on ankle-protectors.
                  LOL

COUP D'ETAT!!!!!!!
                  We will put our writers instead......Ok I don't know why I'm yelling. The show is over and we have SGA Rising.
                  I'm a little violent tonight.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I was hoping some of those lurkers would show their faces. We love having new Sparky members. If you love Sparky and want to have fun, this is the place for you.

LOL

COUP D'ETAT!!!!!!!
                    We will put our writers instead......Ok I don't know why I'm yelling. The show is over and we have SGA Rising.
                    Yell all you want. Sometimes TPTW bring out violence in us. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

COUP D'ETAT!!!!!!!
                      Oye, should I go in hiding?

Comment

Lol It's so true.
                        Oye, should I go in hiding?
                        No. You can stay or you can hide and bite their ankles.lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay so my friend is forcing me to do this challenge so I decided to do a character study on John in the style of Ellen Hopkins who does all her work in verse, there are many mentions of Sparky. In this little quip John mentions how Elizabeth is his "Alarm Clock"

The morning was like any other.

Woke up with Elizabeth kissing me on the head,
                          before she went on her merry way to do her job.
                          She’s always up before I am, considering the fact
                          she has a lot of work to do running a whole city
                          on her own. Impressing isn’t it?

I think that’s what drew me to her,
                          in the first place.

Anyway she is my alarm clock,
                          for not long after I feel the sensation
                          of her soft gentle kiss upon my skin
                          my eyes gently open.

typical of you Elizabeth!
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was killing time reading some more posts back in my early days on this thread. Someone commented at the time that we had done over 1000 posts in 3 weeks and we all got excited. We had just hit the 6000 posts mark.

Now, here we are 6 years later almost and in the last 2 weeks we did 729 posts. I'm thinking Sparky is very consistent. There was a lull when the terrible awful thing happened to Elizabeth but something has brought along new people who are just as excited as we were back in the day when we were counting the hours until 9pm on Friday night. And a number of posters were coming in and reporting just the kind of experience my friend Ms. S recently had when she watched for the first time. Obvious Sparky and no other choice.

We were also continually surprised by how much Sparky we got when we were least expecting it. For example, the bits in Duet. I wish all of you could have experienced the feeling of positive Sparky energy of those days.
                            There's an answer to that... now, where did I put my 'pesky and hard to kill' motivational poster?

Welcome! And thank you for the info on getting Torri's movie!

Don't forget about Mullie. He was the one who wanted Elizabeth dead-dead, as opposed to merely MIA. *readies the fire-ants*

Gee, I wonder why that is?
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              There's an answer to that... now, where did I put my 'pesky and hard to kill' motivational poster?

Welcome! And thank you for the info on getting Torri's movie!

Don't forget about Mullie. He was the one who wanted Elizabeth dead-dead, as opposed to merely MIA. *readies the fire-ants*

Gee, I wonder why that is?
                              Oh look what I found.

sigpic

Comment

In case you're getting a bit tired of that one and since we're coming close to V-Day. Just a little variation. I stole the manip from someone. If you're around, identify yourself. If you're not, please be tolerant.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X