Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    All you Southerners are wimps!

Oh, and interesting story, mandogater! Cool crossover idea.

Could be worse. They could live in Ohio. I've been outside in shorts one day and shoveling snow the next. We never know what is going to happen with the weather.

Thanks, JT-2. The bit I shared is from chapter 9 of a planned 22. I hope to finish it one of these days.
    Last edited by mandogater; 04 January 2012, 01:45 PM.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

All you Southerners are wimps!
      Hey, in my defense, I grew up in NC where it didn't snow -- it sleeted. I'm like the Borg. I adapt.

And screw it. I've been having an angsty day. If anyone ships Tiva on NCIS,
      Spoiler:
      Did you see last night's episode?!?!?!
      *clears throat* TPTB can't get their act together. Sounds like another Sparky couple I know. See? Back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        If anyone ships Tiva on NCIS...
        Tony/Ziva I imagine... and no I don't (ship them). There's UST definitely (haven't seen last night's episode, won't be for tonight either - Primeval and NCIS LA await me) but I can't see that relationship working out well.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Thought I'd share some of that crossover fic I've been talking about now and again where Elizabeth becomes an Immortal as in Highlander: The Series.

Spoiler:
          “I still don’t understand why I have to learn how to use a sword,” said Elizabeth after cautiously blocking Ann’s attack with a wooden practice sword and backing away a couple of steps. “Some of the other Immortals might listen to reason.”

“I’ll show you what will happen,” answered a slightly annoyed Ann. She lowered her guard and walked toward Elizabeth. Once Elizabeth lowered her guard as well, Ann pulled a k-bar knife and stabbed Elizabeth in the stomach with it. “You will either lose your head or spend the rest of your life running and hiding or living on holy ground.”

“That wasn’t very fair,” said Elizabeth after reviving.

“Everybody cheats,” answered Ann. “You have to remember we fight to survive but never forget to live. Just think of all the things you could experience if you live to be as old as Mar. Changing the subject, I’m surprised you’re taking this demotion as well as you are.”

“I’m trying to look at it this way. If I don’t have to worry about the day to day operations of the city, I can concentrate on exploring it and translating the database. Who knows what we might find in it.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I’m still mad they just unilaterally decided to demote Elizabeth and not send Woolsey again,” continued Sheppard.

“Look at it this way, Sheppard,” said Ronon. “Now you can finally ask her out. Since Elizabeth is no longer our boss, the IOA can’t complain about there being a conflict of interests.”

“How did you figure it out?”

“I see it plain as day and spending seven years on the run destroyed my people skills,” said Ronon.

“We’re that obvious,” asked Sheppard.

“If everybody could see the sparks flying between you two when you look at each other that I pick up in the Force every member of the expedition would have gone blind by now,” added Sulla.

“Why wait any longer then,” declared Sheppard as he left the gym.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“There is one more thing you should consider, Elizabeth,” said Teyla as she entered the gym on the other side of the city with Kate and Laura in preparation for her Athosian stick fighting class.

“And that would be what, Teyla?”

“Since you’re no longer his boss, you and Colonel Sheppard can finally profess your undying love for each other,” explained Laura.

“Our what?”

“Come on and admit it Elizabeth,” said Kate. “He loves you and you love him. Now that there is no conflict of interest the two of you don’t have anything to worry about from the IOA.”

“Don’t waste any more time,” added Ann. “Being mortal, John only has some much time left.”

“You’re all right,” said a determined Elizabeth. Deciding to take a page from Sulla’s book, Elizabeth planned to love John for as long as she could and deal with hopefully loosing him to old age when it happened. Pausing to grab her hoodie to hid the stab wound in her shirt, Elizabeth set off to find John.

“Is this where the Athosian stick fighting class is supposed to be,” asked Lieutenant Amelia Banks as she and several recently arrived scientists entered the gym along with regulars Besany, Dr. Miko Kusanagi and Chief Nurse Marie Ko.
          OH THAT'S SO COOL!

I am also writing a Crossover except with SGA/The Hunger Games. It is for the mere fact the two leads Katniss/Peeta remind me of Elizabeth/John. They are gonna be Kat and Peeta's mentors =D.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

I have to rec a fic that is complete crack, very naughty (mature audiences only!), and covers pretty much every pairing except for Kate/Teyla (sorry FH!).

Shipper Ground Zero by koalathebear. It made me laugh out loud in many different places.

Comment

I have to rec a fic that is complete crack, very naughty (mature audiences only!), and covers pretty much every pairing except for Kate/Teyla (sorry FH!).

Shipper Ground Zero by koalathebear. It made me laugh out loud in many different places.
              OMG, that was the best. I love this line. We could have a shipping disaster of catastrophic proportions in this fandom. And a certain reference to a certain act in the gym is only funnier because of a rumor I heard about subtext in a certain "official" book. Who says fandom is stranger than truth? How perfect.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                OMG, that was the best. I love this line. We could have a shipping disaster of catastrophic proportions in this fandom. And a certain reference to a certain act in the gym is only funnier because of a rumor I heard about subtext in a certain "official" book. Who says fandom is stranger than truth? How perfect.
                No comment. *snort*

I loved the "Weir/Unnamed Canadian Technician" part and the vacuum cleaner birthday present and sex on the beach and Teyla throwing Zelenka over her shoulder. Too funny!

Comment

*snerks* Though I'd say they went way beyond "could have" a long time ago. But I'm not going to say which story I'm talking about.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *snerks* Though I'd say they went way beyond "could have" a long time ago. But I'm not going to say which story I'm talking about.
                    My dear, you could be talking about a host of fics.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Speaking of crack fics made me want to reread Anuna's Barefoot and Handcuffed. It's crack of the highest order.

Comment

My dear, you could be talking about a host of fics.
                        Indeed. That's the beauty of it.

Speaking of crack fics made me want to reread Anuna's Barefoot and Handcuffed. It's crack of the highest order.
                        OMG, that is such an awesomely crazy fic! I salute you for making the perfect rec for the first Screw the Angst Wednesday of the year!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          OH THAT'S SO COOL!

I am also writing a Crossover except with SGA/The Hunger Games. It is for the mere fact the two leads Katniss/Peeta remind me of Elizabeth/John. They are gonna be Kat and Peeta's mentors =D.
                          Thanks TLM!!! My muse has finally started teasing me with ideas for that massive convoluted fic again.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Yes, go read *shoos*

IMO, best line was "No way"

Re the rumour, I've not heard it, but I have a feeling I know what you're talking about *nods*
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you for posting that. I considered it but decided it was too OT. Evidently not, and thanks also to everyone else. The 911 one just showed what a classy company they were.

Here are a couple more. They are all great.

Spoiler:

It's just the parade. So far. At least I think that's all they've done. You don't see them in many commercials anymore.
                              My initial thoughts upon hearing about all of this was of costcutting and presuming they are scrapping the horses altogether. Now I don't understand this decision at all - these horses (while they must be expensive to maintain and train) are the best advertising they could hope for. Idiots

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks for posting all those great AB/Clydesdale commercials, everyone! Especially the 9/11 vid, as I hadn't seen that one before. Absolutely beautiful.

John could work those hoverboots like no one else.
                              Hey, I'd buy some

Don't get me started on that first one, though.
                              Is it as far fetched as a certain theory about John's rescue attempt in Afghanistan?

My favourite was the Ronon/Teyla one from Submersion
                              sigpic

Comment

Before I forget (I'm not sure if this is early, or late, but the 5th has almost passed here), Happy Birthday to Falcon Horus!!!!

I got you a little something

Spoiler:

It's the perfect gift - I got it for you, but it's for me too

I know this isn't a lemming, but it was the closest I could find

Spoiler:

Oh all right, in the interests of equality *grumbles*

Spoiler:

Big muscles, small cake
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X