Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen

Like my mom (SR) said, there are many scenes.

Sparky thread so I will take the last scene with Elizabeth in Lifeline.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Scene in This Mortal Coil where our John let Elizabeth sacrifice herself again for the change to save John. I was like "John, you shouldve brought her back to Atlantis with you."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Well, looks like they got GW back up... it went down shortly after my last post last night and since it was so late, I gave up and went to bed.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        I saw a comment on a gen thread once, to the effect of

T: John kissed me
        E: What, he kissed you? I was in his bedroom twice, and he still didn't kiss me

It's flippant and simplistic, but it's a valid point. Why? What was different about the situations that resulted in one quasi sexual incident, and one prolonged arguement ending in an attack? Did he have more control with Elizabeth, or less? Why was Elizabeth the only one (that we saw) who visited him in his quarters - what about Rodney, Ronon, Lorne?

You're right, it's unlikely that there wouldn't have been a conversation between the two of them about John's actions. Even if it was only in the context of discussing why she didn't go to see him.
        *snickers at the hypothetical conversation*

Seriously though, I think the fact that Elizabeth was the only one we were shown to have visited him, combined with the fact that Elizabeth had to go tell the rest of his team to go visit him in the infirmary, makes it pretty clear that no one else went to see him. Given the discussion we've had about Teyla's reactions and motivation thus far, I think we can guess why she didn't. As for Rodney and Ronon, perhaps a combination of denial and maybe the wish to remember him as he was?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        When we were introduced to Teyla, her life revolved completely around the wraith. After moving to Atlantis, perhaps she'd allowed that fear to lessen a little? Maybe John's actions in Conversion were not only a shock in terms of his personality (that she'd seen) but also a shock in terms of where she expected the threat to come from? IDK. I think you're right when you say it raised her guard - in that context, the coda in Phantoms takes on a new light. I'd always thought it seemed like she was uncomfortable asking John about his past in that scene - maybe it was because his actions there had reminded her of his darker side?
        Oooh, good catch on Phantoms.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
        oh yeah, pokernight with cadman... that just screams 'alcohol and naughtiness' awesome. i'd kill for just a 10second scene of that
        I can almost see something like the 'midnight margaritas' scene in Practical Magic. Minus the scarily maudlin stuff at the very end.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Valid point. The team had seen John do that instant switch from wise-cracking easy-going laid-back flyboy to Rambo a number of times. I wonder what they thought about it. I would love to have seen them talking about him. The way they looked at him when he gunned down Kolya is a good example. Rodney even said something like "who are you?" Maybe they would have been a little nervous around him for a time.
        Sounds like another 'missing scene' fic idea.

They certainly needed more psychiatrists and Kate was definitely overworked. After her death would have been a good time to introduce a new character. Someone the opposite of Kate that none of them liked.
        *snerks*

That is one of my hot buttons. I got furious in S4 when they had Carter hanging out with them in the cafeteria. And then later Woolsey. WTF? Why not Elizabeth?
        No kidding! Just one more way for TPTW to show their utter disrespect for the character and the actress. Epic fail.

BTW, in Change of Plans Joe's character gets to say something like "the first rule of show business is show, don't tell". He seemed to deliver those lines with relish. And I yelled "not in your last show" at the screen. LOL
        I totally started laughing when he said that line. There's a way to get your digs in, Joe!

Ladies poker night was mentioned by Cadman in Duet. That's where fandom got the idea.
        We must have a LPN scene in Atlantis Rising. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        *hugs everyone*

Especially SK ... you're smart enough to buy guac for everyone, otherwise I would've stolen yours ... Hehehehe
        Exactly. My chips and guac are mine!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

BEHOLD MY LATEST CREATION!!

BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Zandra's Ashes! I've read some of your stuff on ff.net

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I can almost see something like the 'midnight margaritas' scene in Practical Magic. Minus the scarily maudlin stuff at the very end.

We must have a LPN scene in Atlantis Rising. Just sayin'.
            I would pay big bucks to see something like that!!

http://community.livejournal.com/stargate_ren/

Make sure you've cleared your calendar and you've got a comfy seat. Once you start reading, you won't be able to stop. This fic series will take over your life.
            And make sure you read them in the order they were originally posted, or you'll have no idea what's going on and possibly spoil yourself for the plot twists (learned that the hard way). It's an amazing series. I didn't think I'd like it with the characters being so far removed from normal canon, but it really works. Everyone seems to be very in-character, and it's extremely well written.

Meme-time

Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star

RDA in The Real World. I firmly believe nanite!Elizabeth slept with nanite!Jack. When she woke up back in the hospital, he was standing in her room waiting around. And she was not surpised or upset about it. That doesn't make sense if they were just co-workers. I hope that doesn't make me a bad Sparky

My first choice: First Strike, when Elizabeth walks out towards the windows. I'm shouting "get AWAY from the windows, 'Lizabeth! BACK UP! STOP! DON'T GO THERE!" I figure someday she'll listen to me

My second choice: Almost the entirety of Reunion makes me want to throw things at the screen. It starts with Rodney being entirely too happy about the possibility of taking over Elizabeth's job. This doesn't compute with the Rodney who wrote a 500 page book about Elizabeth in TOR. Then Sam hanging out on Elizabeth's balcony and spouting back Elizabeth's logic from Rising. Then John just accepting it. Then Sam going out on the mission. GRRR!
            Last edited by JT-2; 12 January 2011, 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes.. having a bad day

Comment

Oh gosh, there were so many. Let me think. *ponders*

Since this is the Sparky thread, I will stick with that. In Return I, when Rodney was telling John about how he had tried to contact Elizabeth, I was yelling at John to tell him you tried too. Dammit. That was a case where tell, don't show would have worked for me.
              I always figured that just because John didn't say that he'd tried, didn't mean that he didn't actually try. He might not wanted to tell Rodney about it. ::shipper goggles ON:::

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                Oh, that is so gorgeous!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I would pay big bucks to see something like that!!
                You and me both!

And make sure you read them in the order they were originally posted, or you'll have no idea what's going on and possibly spoil yourself for the plot twists (learned that the hard way). It's an amazing series. I didn't think I'd like it with the characters being so far removed from normal canon, but it really works. Everyone seems to be very in-character, and it's extremely well written.
                Ack! Yes, seconded on the 'read 'em in the order they were posted' line. (I knew I forgot something, thanks for the save, JT-2!) The story's more fun (and shocking) that way.

I always figured that just because John didn't say that he'd tried, didn't mean that he didn't actually try. He might not wanted to tell Rodney about it. ::shipper goggles ON:::
                Ahhh, not wanting to let on about it and lose face, eh? I can work with that.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Opinion of my real mom if you're interested. During "Coup D'Etat" when she thought Lorne was dead. She yelled at the screen. She yelled at me because I didn't say he was alive. My dad yelled at us because we were doing so much noise for nothing. Mom yelled at him because "Lorne is not nothing". And I yelled at them because it was the occasion.

BTW mom says a big hello to all of us. She hope you're still members of her fanclub and she gives many hugs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Simply gorgeous.

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Opinion of my real mom if you're interested. During "Coup D'Etat" when she thought Lorne was dead. She yelled at the screen. She yelled at me because I didn't say he was alive. My dad yelled at us because we were doing so much noise for nothing. Mom yelled at him because "Lorne is not nothing". And I yelled at them because it was the occasion.

BTW mom says a big hello to all of us. She hope you're still members of her fanclub and she gives many hugs.
                    Hello back to your other mom. I miss the days when you guys were viewing SGA for the first time and were so excited. I told Mr. SR about all his new relatives but he said he's not paying for any weddings. Meanie.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello back to your other mom. I miss the days when you guys were viewing SGA for the first time and were so excited. I told Mr. SR about all his new relatives but he said he's not paying for any weddings. Meanie.
                      Don't care for the wedding. I just want a place in the house and I will cook some french foods for him.

TLM: Beautiful creation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Simply gorgeous.

I'm sure he was joking. but if not than he's a sourpuss.

Comment

LOL! Say hi to your mom for me! *hugs Probie and her mom*

*snickers*

Don't care for the wedding. I just want a place in the house and I will cook some french foods for him.
                          Mmmm, I like French food.

Comment

Oh, that is so gorgeous!
                            Simply gorgeous.
                            TLM: Beautiful creation.
                            Thank you I was bored this morning and wanted to make a banner for my new fic but instead that came out isn't boredom great?
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Frog legs will be our first dinner......*strange looks from the new family*....Ok I will start with something "normal".lol

TLM: You should be bored more often
                              sigpic

Comment

Frog legs will be our first dinner......*strange looks from the new family*....Ok I will start with something "normal".lol

TLM: You should be bored more often
                                Don't worry it happens often! And I will even make gifts for people when I am bored too!
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X