No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they mentioned Stargate atlantis on jeopardy tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *snickers* I sometimes feel like I'm becoming a dinosaur, but I am so milking every last drop of fun out of it! Now that Big Bang is done, I can move on to my next Sparky fandom project, that is sure to have everyone wondering what the frak I'm smoking, because it's that whacked out. But it's gonna be sooo fun!

*raises a glass* To you, John and Elizabeth, for keeping us sane and giving us lots of pretties, eye!sex, angst and flirty fun!
      *joins in the toast* Here's to John and Liz! Your Sparkies love you!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Really? Cool. What was the question?
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        Hooray! *pops open another bottle of champagne* :d

I'd like to know, too. I did find this site with an archive of Jeopardy questions on each show going all the way back to the beginning, but they haven't updated for the Nov. 25 show yet.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*joins toast too (and contributes a bottle of blackberry merlot)*
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

More from the completely inappropriate files

Spoiler:

Take a good look Caldwell, this is the only time I'll ever bend over for you
            What the.........?

Sure sucks having to leave like this. We sure had a lot of good times in this room though
            Don't worry, I've got the last laugh. I haven't cleaned the walls
            Last edited by gateraid; 12 December 2009, 04:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH]9169[/ATTACH]
              What the.........?

[ATTACH]9170[/ATTACH]
              Sure sucks having to leave like this. We sure had a lot of good times in this room though
              *gigglesnort* I'm sure that on some level I shouldn't find this funny...but I just can't help it....so wrong but somehow so right....
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

So I was looking through the Aug/Sept 2008 issue of the Stargate magazine a couple of days ago, trying to do research on time travel (*grimace*), when I began rereading the short story that's in that issue and I got floored by the Sparky. I had forgotten it was there, but when I read it I suddenly felt much love for the person who wrote that story.

from 'Post Mortem':
                Spoiler:
                this is a really good story regardless, dealing with Rodney's reaction to Carson's death. The story picks up shortly after 'Sunday' ends, and there's a really good scene between John, Liz, and Rodney in her office.

Some of the Sparkiest excerpts:

The dangerous glint in Sheppard's eyes faded, and he sat back. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice soft, looking at Elizabeth.
                She shook her head. "Of course I'm not. And neither are you, John. Carson was..."
                --
                after Elizabeth has comforted John about writing letters to families:
                Rodney watched them look at each other, the two leaders of Atlantis. Carson had said once he thought there might be something sparking between Elizabeth and Sheppard. He hadn't noticed.

"sparking" Squee!

Okay, so anyway. Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I won't have access to the internet for the next couple of days so I'll see you guys when I get back! *waves*
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  *joins toast too (and contributes a bottle of blackberry merlot)*
                  Yummy! *adds some double-cream gouda cheese to the party*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Spoiler:
                  [ATTACH]9169[/ATTACH]
                  What the.........?

[ATTACH]9170[/ATTACH]
                  Bwahahahah!!!! gateraid, you so rock! Bring on the smut!

So I was looking through the Aug/Sept 2008 issue of the Stargate magazine a couple of days ago, trying to do research on time travel (*grimace*), when I began rereading the short story that's in that issue and I got floored by the Sparky. I had forgotten it was there, but when I read it I suddenly felt much love for the person who wrote that story.

from 'Post Mortem':
                  Spoiler:
                  this is a really good story regardless, dealing with Rodney's reaction to Carson's death. The story picks up shortly after 'Sunday' ends, and there's a really good scene between John, Liz, and Rodney in her office.

The dangerous glint in Sheppard's eyes faded, and he sat back. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice soft, looking at Elizabeth.
                  She shook her head. "Of course I'm not. And neither are you, John. Carson was..."
                  --
                  Rodney watched them look at each other, the two leaders of Atlantis. Carson had said once he thought there might be something sparking between Elizabeth and Sheppard. He hadn't noticed.

"sparking" Squee!

Okay, so anyway. Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I won't have access to the internet for the next couple of days so I'll see you guys when I get back! *waves*
                  Hee! I remember that story, it was very good. And the Sparky bits were quite welcome. Heck, the short stories are pretty much the only reason I buy the magazine anymore.

Happy Thanksgiving, Erin, and we'll see you when you get back! *waves*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

from 'Post Mortem':
                    Spoiler:

--

"sparking" Squee!

yay! squee! Sparky!

Happy Thanksgiving!have a safe trip and enjoy your time away! *hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Yup, Elizabeth is in "Reliquary," since that one is set during Season 1.
                      Spoiler:
                      There's even a nice little bit of protective!John chewing out Bates for not doing a good enough job of protecting Lizzie.

And yes, Torri did the audio drama "A Necessary Evil."
                      Spoiler:
                      The frame story at the very beginning and end is set after Elizabeth is captured in "Lifeline" and she's being interrogated by the Replicators. The main story is one of the memories that the interrogation goes into, set during Season 3 after "The Real World" but before "The Return Parts 1 & 2."

Nighty-night, Probie! Pleasant Sparky dreams!
                      I want to buy them. *looking at her bank account* Maybe I will wait. I will buy them after Dad's birthday, Christmas, nephew's birthday. I hate big family.lol
                      Maybe I can have those books for my birthday. It means wait 2 months.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      They already mentioned Stargate once. link
                      Now we all want to beat them because they doesn't know the answer.lol

gateraid: Very funny.

from 'Post Mortem':
                      Spoiler:

--

"sparking" Squee!

Nice story.
                      We don't have a Stargate Magazine here. But when there is one magazine with an article on this show, there is always a reference to Sparky.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Now that is an interesting thought. I don't think I would have liked all the mindless coupling on SGA. The SGU version of interpersonal relationships is just a big turnoff to me.

It would have been like every episode was Sanctuary. Only we would follow John and Chaya behind that closed door. Blech! Or worse yet, The Tower. And it would not have left us wondering what happened. Double Blech!
                        I meant more that they would be on the Destiny and facing similar situations, ratherthan the coupling bits XD

But! We do know what happened in The Tower. I forget if it was in the script or if it was in a deleted scene, but John turns her down. At least, that's what I remember hearing about it--as I recall someone complaining they chose to cut it like that for the airing ep, since it paints John inthe wrong light.

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
                          I meant more that they would be on the Destiny and facing similar situations, ratherthan the coupling bits XD

But! We do know what happened in The Tower. I forget if it was in the script or if it was in a deleted scene, but John turns her down. At least, that's what I remember hearing about it--as I recall someone complaining they chose to cut it like that for the airing ep, since it paints John inthe wrong light.
                          You are correct. But the debate at the time was long and heated about whether he sent her away. John's reputation took a big hit and it was amazing how many fans thought he actually slept with her. Same with Chaya and Larrin. Mara was pretty much a given but he had at least gotten to know her and thought he was stuck there. Some of the same fans who now love SGU were calling him ShepH0r and worse. The double standard is very puzzling.

Oh and also none of TPTB got upset that it was character/actor bashing.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Turkey Turkey day!

Most PTB tend to only care when it's their favorite characters getting bashed. I suppose one could say that it's expected of the characters in SGU, whereas Sheppard's Kirking was somewhat out of place in Atlantis.

But, on the subject of Shep and SGU, the mindless coupling could work for Sparky, too There could be more scenes with them? Since SGU canonized storage closet sex anyway :3

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Sparkies!

Thanks for all the fun, good times, laughter and smiles over the past few years. (Oh and all the picspams, sigs, avis, wallies, fics, suggestive posts, etc.).

Two things I've learned from all of you....

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

SPARKIES ROCK!
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Sparkies!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X