Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview of a Fic I am almost done with:

Premise following a songfic challenge, so I decided to have John's thoughts during his first dance with Lizzie at their wedding. The song, Existentialism on Prom Night

Spoiler:
    When the sun came up,
    We were sleeping in.
    Sunk inside our blankets,
    Sprawled across the bed.
    And we... were dreaming.

As Rodney McKay began serenading the guests at the reception, John Sheppard lead his new bride to the center of the room. He knew there were hundreds of people staring intently at them, some family and old friends mostly the people they met on Atlantis expedition. The colonel could have sworn he saw some Genii. But to John, they were invisible. It was only him and his Elizabeth.

There are moments when,
    When I know it ends.
    The world revolves around us,
    And we're keeping it,
    Keep it all going,
    This delicate balance,
    Vulnerable, all knowing.

He pulled Elizabeth close to him and began to move to the music. As he felt the woman he was going to spend the rest of his life with rest her head on his chest, he couldn’t help but wonder how he got so lucky to have fate bring them together.

He knew there was something special about her from that fateful day in Antarctica. He never believed in love in first sight. But when they met face to face for the first time John felt his stomach sink to his toes. His heart began beating wildly like hands beating on a drum. It still does every time he is in her presence. At first he didn’t know what this feeling was, but about two weeks into the Atlantis expedition he learned what it was over a conversation. It was the feeling of being in love.

Love. It was something he really didn’t have much luck with, nor did he have much experience with it. But John Sheppard welcomed it with open arms.

I write many fics at the same time XD
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      Preview of a Fic I am almost done with:

Premise following a songfic challenge, so I decided to have John's thoughts during his first dance with Lizzie at their wedding. The song, Existentialism on Prom Night

Spoiler:
      When the sun came up,
      We were sleeping in.
      Sunk inside our blankets,
      Sprawled across the bed.
      And we... were dreaming.

As Rodney McKay began serenading the guests at the reception, John Sheppard lead his new bride to the center of the room. He knew there were hundreds of people staring intently at them, some family and old friends mostly the people they met on Atlantis expedition. The colonel could have sworn he saw some Genii. But to John, they were invisible. It was only him and his Elizabeth.

There are moments when,
      When I know it ends.
      The world revolves around us,
      And we're keeping it,
      Keep it all going,
      This delicate balance,
      Vulnerable, all knowing.

He pulled Elizabeth close to him and began to move to the music. As he felt the woman he was going to spend the rest of his life with rest her head on his chest, he couldn’t help but wonder how he got so lucky to have fate bring them together.

He knew there was something special about her from that fateful day in Antarctica. He never believed in love in first sight. But when they met face to face for the first time John felt his stomach sink to his toes. His heart began beating wildly like hands beating on a drum. It still does every time he is in her presence. At first he didn’t know what this feeling was, but about two weeks into the Atlantis expedition he learned what it was over a conversation. It was the feeling of being in love.

Love. It was something he really didn’t have much luck with, nor did he have much experience with it. But John Sheppard welcomed it with open arms.

I write many fics at the same time XD
      For some reason Cameron Mitchell's voice popped in my head and all I can hear is his "Damn vixen!" I want to read it now! Ahhh...as all Atlantis fans would agree, some things are worth waiting for. BTW, where do you post all your fics? Soooo bored, want to read sparky love I need something to thaw me out, damn snow!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Each time we saw them eat, I think it was a steak and a salad and Evian.lol
        Not a fun meal.

Just to be clear, you can think we eat a lot here but it's small parts. We don't eat a beef per person.lol
        It always seemed like it was McKay who was wolfing down the steaks, LOL!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Ok, I know it's not rocket science and I have the feeling McKay is laughing quietly somewhere, but I'm not exactly sure I'm posting or replying to the threads right. I will figure it out once the temperature outside rises and my brain cooperates again
        Looks to me like you're doing it right.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

For some reason Cameron Mitchell's voice popped in my head and all I can hear is his "Damn vixen!" I want to read it now! Ahhh...as all Atlantis fans would agree, some things are worth waiting for. BTW, where do you post all your fics? Soooo bored, want to read sparky love I need something to thaw me out, damn snow!

FF.Net I'm AestheticNarcissist
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Was she the only psychiatrist Atlantis had? Who could she talk to then? (Besides Teyla, of course FH )
            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            We never did hear about any other psychiatrists or psychologists on Atlantis. Even in Season 1 when there was only about 200 people, one would think there'd be at least one or two others so that she didn't have such a big workload. Hmm...
            Indeed, she was the only one. There was never an indication there was more than one psychologist present in Atlantis, which is a bit on the fail side if you ask me... Who counsels the counselor after all?

I think Teyla may have been Kate's shoulder (and this is not from a shipper's POV) since we ever only saw Kate interact with her and they seemed to get along just fine.

Eeeee, a fellow Stargate!Ren fan!
            Third that.

I've been a lazy lurker around here lately,...
            Welcome to the fold! As you can see everyone is welcome here.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Did the poker night actually exist, or is that a fanfiction invention?
            I thought it was all fanfiction but apparently it's not.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Ladies poker night was mentioned by Cadman in Duet. That's where fandom got the idea.
            Although I do seem to recall that dialogue.

Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)

Cadman or Kate or Novak.
            OMGoddess, Novak is hilarious.

They certainly needed more psychiatrists and Kate was definitely overworked. After her death would have been a good time to introduce a new character. Someone the opposite of Kate that none of them liked.
            The Legacy series introduces a new psychologist (and mentions Kate's death in passing). *shrug*

...but I'm not exactly sure I'm posting or replying to the threads right.
            You're on probie-status and thus your posts have to go through moderation first, hence the delay in posting. When the mods are convinced you are indeed an actual human being, you'll be let off probie-status and will be free to post as you please.
            It's method to keep the spammers out.

***Meme-time***

Where was I?

Spoiler:
            Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
            Day 13: A scene that made you blush
            Day 14: Favorite pairing
            Day 15: Least favorite pairing
            Day 16: Favorite season
            Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
            Day 18: Favorite side character
            Day 19: Most annoying side character
            Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
            Day 21: Best quote
            Day 22: Worst quote
            Day 23: Saddest character death
            Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
            Day 25: Favorite kiss
            Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
            Day 27: Funniest screen cap
            Day 28: Favorite enemy
            Day 29: Least favorite enemy
            Day 30: One thing you would change
            Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star

That has got to be RDA in The Return. He felt like the Jack I knew before season 8 of SG1, and his interactions with Woolsey were fabulous.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just posted a Sparky Fluffy Fic on FF.Net

Existentialism on Prom Night

Enjoy.
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Each time we saw them eat, I think it was a steak and a salad and Evian.lol
                Not a fun meal.

Just to be clear, you can think we eat a lot here but it's small parts. We don't eat a beef per person.lol
                As Julia Child used to say, you can eat anything in moderation.

They also used to have salisbury steak a lot. And Teal'c was particularly fond of the tater tots. LOL

I used to also wonder where they got the fresh greens from for the salad. Maybe the Athosians?

Thank you everyone for the greetings! I may be overcoming my shyness but dare not to horrify you with my daily meal menu. I have been snowed in at work for 72 hours; it wasn't pretty. But I did finish the second chapter to Honor the Fallen, don't know if anyone read the first chapter over at FFdotnet; but I know SMBBooks had posted a link to the first chapter at one point. If you are bored and snowed in like me you can check it out here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6467565/2/Honor_the_Fallen
                *bookmarks* Always glad to get new fic. Thanks.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

GOOD MORNING Sparky-People

anyone missed me? XD

Comment

Enjoy.
                    *squeeeeeee* its so beautiful <3
                    i love fics like that, thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                      *squeeeeeee* its so beautiful <3
                      i love fics like that, thank you for sharing
                      I am not a Fluff writer, Im a Smut/Whump writer so this was a challenge! I am proud about how it turned out!
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

I am not a Fluff writer, Im a Smut/Whump writer so this was a challenge! I am proud about how it turned out!
                        you should be, its really really good
                        gosh, i LOVE fluff fics...i think i prefere them to smut actually. its just ... they are so ... fluffy XD mostly light-hearted, beautiful romances with happy ever afters and it just makes me *squeee*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Indeed, she was the only one. There was never an indication there was more than one psychologist present in Atlantis, which is a bit on the fail side if you ask me... Who counsels the counselor after all?
                          Exactly!

I think Teyla may have been Kate's shoulder (and this is not from a shipper's POV) since we ever only saw Kate interact with her and they seemed to get along just fine.
                          I can definitely see that, too.

Third that.
                          *grins and twirls*

Enjoy.
                          Eeeeee! Kolya as #1 Sparky Shipper. So love it.

As Julia Child used to say, you can eat anything in moderation.

They also used to have salisbury steak a lot. And Teal'c was particularly fond of the tater tots. LOL

I used to also wonder where they got the fresh greens from for the salad. Maybe the Athosians?
                          The Athosians or one of their other trading partners, I suppose. Though I do wonder if maybe they found a substitute for potatoes so they wouldn't have to ship tater tots from Earth for Teal'c's visit in "Midway."

GOOD MORNING Sparky-People

anyone missed me? XD
                          *glomps and huggles*
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Eeeeee! Kolya as #1 Sparky Shipper. So love it.
                            Glad you like.

I am now pretty tempted to make a Vignette collection called The Many Ways Kolya Brought Sparky Together Without Even Realizing It Here some Vignette Ideas

1) Kolya Pretended he killed Elizabeth Epically Pisses off Sheppard, he goes on a Rampage and Kills people before Shooting Kolya Later Sparky has a nice steamy kiss on the balcony.
                            2) Kolya kidnaps Sheppard and feeds him to a Wraith to weaken Elizabeth. Both Johnny and Elizabeth have nightmares which leads to Epic Comfort Sex
                            3) Kolya Kidnaps Sheppard Again..and Makes Elizabeth come herself to negotioate his freedom, Elizabeth goes Kill Bill and Kicks Kolya's ass for hurting John again
                            4) Elizabeth isn't taken by replicators in This Mortal Coil but By Kolya and his Merry Band of Genii pretending to be them. Sheppard finds this out and again shoots Kolya Lizzie and John are reunited and theres some Hot Reunion Sex

Okay I am having too much fun with this!
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

you know, at first i didnt see your point at all concerning kolya being the ultimate sparky-shipper but i start to totally get your point....

to your vignette ideas. i best like no 3 - i'd love to see her kick some genii-ass

Comment

you know, at first i didnt see your point at all concerning kolya being the ultimate sparky-shipper but i start to totally get your point....

to your vignette ideas. i best like no 3 - i'd love to see her kick some genii-ass
                                Yes it's a simple equation Kolya+Shep!Whump or Liz!Whump=Sparky

He reads Sparky fics for fun!
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X