• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Exactly!

I can definitely see that, too.

*grins and twirls*

Eeeeee! Kolya as #1 Sparky Shipper. So love it.

The Athosians or one of their other trading partners, I suppose. Though I do wonder if maybe they found a substitute for potatoes so they wouldn't have to ship tater tots from Earth for Teal'c's visit in "Midway."

*glomps and huggles*
    I always imagined that they shipped tons of food on the Daedalus. Frozen, dry or canned of course. Having been in the restaurant business for 6 years, I know a bit about what's behind the scenes. Regular supply runs would keep them in most everything they needed except fresh produce. The Daedalus could be equipped with huge walk-in freezers and refrigerators.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
    yeah, people should appreciate that more i think and not always cast us out and call us 'scifi-freaks' ...at least thats how it was in my old college coz i prefered SG to Grays Anatomie and that load of crap what everyone else was watching XD

in austria we have a saying what i really like though. it says that only dead fish swim with the 'stream'

*hands out special cupcakes for all the special people here*
    I absolutely love that saying. It fits us so well. Back in my day it was the AV club that was the nerds...or the chess or math club. LOL My friends and I were all SciFi nerds even then and were reading LOTR, Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov and talking about them among ourselves. I don't recall any ostracism though. The jocks all wanted help with their homework, so they were nice to us. In fact I remember a guy who was the nerdiest of the nerdy who was good friends with the star athletes. They helped him pass the PE test and he tutored them in Calculus. I'm sorry it has gotten so silly today.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Hello thread. I am sick - at - home. Who'll give me tea/hug?
    *raises hand* (((((((massive hugs)))))) *runs to brew tea* I got my hair done yesterday and my hairdresser was sick. She thought wearing a mask was enough but I'm very concerned about her hands all over my head. Sigh.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I absolutely love that saying. It fits us so well. Back in my day it was the AV club that was the nerds...or the chess or math club. LOL My friends and I were all SciFi nerds even then and were reading LOTR, Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov and talking about them among ourselves. I don't recall any ostracism though. The jocks all wanted help with their homework, so they were nice to us. In fact I remember a guy who was the nerdiest of the nerdy who was good friends with the star athletes. They helped him pass the PE test and he tutored them in Calculus. I'm sorry it has gotten so silly today.
      gosh, lucky you to have people who like scifi too... i was the only one... still are actually XD but now i'm kinda glad...i dont wanna be like the others, i dont wanna watch the same tv shows, dont wanna listen to crappy music or buy the cloths everyones got ... we're all special individuals and shouldnt be a 'replicate' of the standard so yeah, never was a "dead fish" and never will be. thank god

btw: SPARKY ROCKS!!!

Comment

gosh, lucky you to have people who like scifi too... i was the only one... still are actually XD but now i'm kinda glad...i dont wanna be like the others, i dont wanna watch the same tv shows, dont wanna listen to crappy music or buy the cloths everyones got ... we're all special individuals and shouldnt be a 'replicate' of the standard so yeah, never was a "dead fish" and never will be. thank god

btw: SPARKY ROCKS!!!
        I'm glad you think that way. So many young people today just go along with the latest fads without thinking. We had that in my day to a certain extent with fashion, music (The Beatles) etc. But only the weirdest of the weird were ostracized for it.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm back with an update to the writers blog on SGARising. Go see. There's even a snippet of To Build A Fire. http://www.sgarising.com/blog/
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

yeah, people should appreciate that more i think and not always cast us out and call us 'scifi-freaks' ...at least thats how it was in my old college coz i prefered SG to Grays Anatomie and that load of crap what everyone else was watching XD

in austria we have a saying what i really like though. it says that only dead fish swim with the 'stream'

*hands out special cupcakes for all the special people here*
            Oh, I LIKE that!

And thank you for the cupcakes!

*hugs and passes over a cup of tea*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Mine too. The thing is, I like Carter, and feel bad criticising her. But they did the same thing with her that they did with Keller - try to buddy her up with the team. And "call me Sam" (to Teyla) annoyed me - what? you've never called your boss (Hammond, O'Neill, Landry) by your first name!?!
            Yeah, that was a major WTF moment to me. Talk about totally out of character. *headdesk*

Yet another ep where it seemed they were trying not to make it appear too shippy. And by that I mean, they made a point of Rodney being the one to raise that subject, and having John stay out of it. And yet, when they went to dinner, it blew that to hell
            With one simple little word. Cheeky!

I can see why Teyla didn't go to see him, but the others? That seemed unlikely, but whatever, it happened. Logically, it should have been Carson, or perhaps Kate, going to see him in his quarters. But no, the person least able to defend themselves in a violent situation does it - what are their motivations?
            *puts on shipper glasses and whistles innocently*

I always imagined that they shipped tons of food on the Daedalus. Frozen, dry or canned of course. Having been in the restaurant business for 6 years, I know a bit about what's behind the scenes. Regular supply runs would keep them in most everything they needed except fresh produce. The Daedalus could be equipped with huge walk-in freezers and refrigerators.
            No wonder Caldwell's so cranky, being put in charge of the milk run.

I'm back with an update to the writers blog on SGARising. Go see. There's even a snippet of To Build A Fire. http://www.sgarising.com/blog/
            Eeee! *runs to read and update Twitter*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sparky Fluff to Warm thee Up

Existentialism on Prom Night

That was the most epic whumpage I even seen you may get fan art from it by yours truly/
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                Sparky Fluff to Warm thee Up

Existentialism on Prom Night

That was the most epic whumpage I even seen you may get fan art from it by yours truly/
                That would be great on the art. We will definitely be needing some with our episodes. And the whumpage has only just begun, both physical and psychological.
                sigpic

Comment

I told Mr. SR about all his new relatives but he said he's not paying for any weddings. Meanie.
                  Eeh ... Tell Uncle SR I'm eloping. LOL

(((Anuna)))

*squees and runs to read*

Missed everybody ... and wow, looks like the thread is averaging 3 pages a day!!! Whoo!!!

The fic bunnies decided to take a brief vacation, so my stories are on hiatus ... temporarily ...

Time for meme:

Day 13: A scene that made you blush
                  When "McKay" kissed Carson.

And "TLG", when "Elizabeth" and "John" insinuate they want to be alone ... right before they go Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Day 14: Favorite pairing
                  On SG-1: Jack and Sam
                  On SGA: John and Elizabeth
                  On SGU:

Spoiler:
                  Day 15: Least favorite pairing
                  Day 16: Favorite season
                  Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
                  Day 18: Favorite side character
                  Day 19: Most annoying side character
                  Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
                  Day 21: Best quote
                  Day 22: Worst quote
                  Day 23: Saddest character death
                  Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
                  Day 25: Favorite kiss
                  Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                  Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                  Day 28: Favorite enemy
                  Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                  Day 30: One thing you would change
                  Day 31: How it should have ended

Comment

None

SGA: John/Elizabeth, Hermiod/Novak
                    SG1: Daniel/Janet, Thor/O'Neill

I have a thing for the Asgards.

EDIT: I forgot SGU. Chloé and a Wraith. I really hate her character. I saw some episode of SGU and each time, I wanted to beat her.
                    Last edited by Probie; 13 January 2011, 10:21 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                      i'm glad you think that way. So many young people today just go along with the latest fads without thinking. We had that in my day to a certain extent with fashion, music (the beatles) etc. But only the weirdest of the weird were ostracized for it.
                      i know... i know

Comment

PIC!SPAM

Comment

That would be great on the art. We will definitely be needing some with our episodes. And the whumpage has only just begun, both physical and psychological.
                          Sure I do art for fun if you need any sketches let me know I will be happy to contribute to the SGA Rising Series that way!
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't think of one. Maybe when McKeller joined the mile high club. But only then because I felt sorry for the actors.

Well, duh. But I also liked Carson/Cadman.
                            sigpic

Comment

I would love to contribute for the art but I can't do anything. I can draw but not character so I'm useless.lol
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                I would love to contribute for the art but I can't do anything. I can draw but not character so I'm useless.lol
                                I took art classes at FIT, so I have an Fashion Illustration style to my artwork...so dont kill me if Liz Weir looks like a fashion model!
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X