Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Quick hello!
    I will meet Joe at the end of the week hihihihi And I can't realize it for the moment because I'm too busy with the real life and I didn't have time to do my luggage.lol

    Congrats Kris for the book
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Quick hello!
      I will meet Joe at the end of the week hihihihi And I can't realize it for the moment because I'm too busy with the real life and I didn't have time to do my luggage.lol

      Congrats Kris for the book
      Have you picked out your outfit yet?
      sigpic

      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Have you picked out your outfit yet?
        No. I will do it the last day.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Have you picked out your outfit yet?
          Ooh. That's almost as difficult as deciding what to say to JoeF ... Heh.

          Have fun, wish I could go!!! Could use a vacation right about now ...

          Comment


            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Ooh. That's almost as difficult as deciding what to say to JoeF ... Heh.

            Have fun, wish I could go!!! Could use a vacation right about now ...
            I don't know what I will say to him but I'm sure he will ask something and me "blablabla".lol
            I'm not nervous. My friends are a little nervous but for the moment we are just seeing Joe. A human, not the big scifi star.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Probie View Post
              I don't know what I will say to him but I'm sure he will ask something and me "blablabla".lol
              I'm not nervous. My friends are a little nervous but for the moment we are just seeing Joe. A human, not the big scifi star.lol
              He will say "helloooo" and look you right in the eyes. You will take his hand and notice what a good firm handshake he has. Then you will switch to French and he will reply. Later your brain will do an instant replay and you will know what was said. LOL

              I would suggest you say something like "I came all the way from France to see you." That should be enough to get him started and the rest will be easy.
              sigpic

              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                He will say "helloooo" and look you right in the eyes. You will take his hand and notice what a good firm handshake he has. Then you will switch to French and he will reply. Later your brain will do an instant replay and you will know what was said. LOL

                I would suggest you say something like "I came all the way from France to see you." That should be enough to get him started and the rest will be easy.
                I will start in french with a big "bonjoooouuuur".lol And I won't say to him "I'm loosing a job just for you because I'm here but it's not a problem because I hate it."lol
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                Comment


                  Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                  Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  I look forward to this. I know promotions mean transfers generally, but given that they have tried to put a Colonel in charge three times (Sumner initially, Everett was to relieve Weir, then Caldwell was to assume Sheppard's duties), not counting Colonel/Dr Carter, the precedent is there that they would at least prefer a Colonel on Atlantis.

                  And by the time of that virtual ep, he surely would have earned the promotion. I'll be interested to see your take on his inner voice.
                  Generally it means a transfer, but in John's case, we also have to consider his ATA gene. Sure, more people can get the gene therapy, but it seems that the combination of the gene and the instinctive knack for controlling Ancient technology without having to concentrate is pretty rare. So they've got all the reason they need to keep him in Atlantis.

                  Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  This is another of those discussions that could go on and on. I agree with your reasoning, and it's a perfectly logical explanation, it's just that I don't think TPTW considered it when they wrote those eps. It seemed to me it was one of those things we weren't meant to think about Like how come, if the Wraith were descended from humans, a (very) small number of them didn't have the ATA gene? You're probably right, and if we'd gotten more replicator eps, that's probably how it would've played out.
                  Oh believe me, I don't think TPTW really thought any of it out either. But that leaves us fanfic writers who need details for our stories having to come up with a reasonable explanation.

                  Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  Hmmm. I will need to reread the transcript. I suppose you could argue that Sheppard hadn't been included in the original chain of command, being from a different branch of the military. That wasn't my understanding though, especially given their gateroom chat. But I am nothing if not....often wrong.
                  The only thing to really come out of the gateroom chat was that since Sumner was a superior officer, Sheppard was still under his command authority (despite them being in different services). Sumner sure didn't seem to want Sheppard on the off-world team to Athos.

                  Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Yeah, I remember reading a few post-EatG fics where Lorne gets promoted to Lt. Colonel once Atlantis arrives back at Earth.

                  And yeah, Davis totally deserves a promotion. He's the go-to guy, always behind the scenes, making stuff happen.

                  And now, an announcement from the fic bunnies:

                  We thank you for giving into our ransom demands. We now are proud to bring you the latest chapter of Of Detectives and Doctors. Stuff actually happens in this chapter. Thank you.

                  ... Yeah, the bunnies came out of hibernation. BTW, whoever got my home addy and sent me a LARGE basket of Hershey's and M&Ms ... little creepy at first, but thank you, much appreciated. Just kidding, for whoever actually BELIEVES that my home addy is posted somewhere on the Web.
                  Eeeee! *runs to read*

                  Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  I've got War and Peace!!!!!!!

                  *bounces*

                  I finally got it delivered today!!!! Yay!!!!

                  For pretty pics on the book and the others items I won, check my LJ HERE.
                  *high-fives* It all looks fabulous! And awww, look how the action figures are feeling so... inspired! LOL!

                  Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Quick hello!
                  I will meet Joe at the end of the week hihihihi And I can't realize it for the moment because I'm too busy with the real life and I didn't have time to do my luggage.lol

                  Congrats Kris for the book
                  Hooray! Have fun at the con and try to remember to breathe!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    I will start in french with a big "bonjoooouuuur".lol And I won't say to him "I'm loosing a job just for you because I'm here but it's not a problem because I hate it."lol
                    I think you should say just that. He would love it and you might get a sympathy hug.

                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post


                    The only thing to really come out of the gateroom chat was that since Sumner was a superior officer, Sheppard was still under his command authority (despite them being in different services). Sumner sure didn't seem to want Sheppard on the off-world team to Athos.
                    But Elizabeth did. Even in the early days I was struck by how she trusted him instantly and knew he would be loyal to her and report back exactly what had happened. Funny that she didn't much trust any of the military except him. Hmm?
                    sigpic

                    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      But Elizabeth did. Even in the early days I was struck by how she trusted him instantly and knew he would be loyal to her and report back exactly what had happened. Funny that she didn't much trust any of the military except him. Hmm?
                      Funny, indeed. I think you're right about her thinking that he'd be loyal to her rather than Sumner.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        I've got War and Peace!!!!!!!

                        *bounces*

                        I finally got it delivered today!!!! Yay!!!!

                        For pretty pics on the book and the others items I won, check my LJ HERE.
                        Awesome stuff Kris!

                        Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        No. I will do it the last day.lol
                        A girl after my own heart.

                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        *high-fives* It all looks fabulous! And awww, look how the action figures are feeling so... inspired! LOL!
                        Dang! I don't have any action figures to sit by my prop and make out. LOL
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

                        My Team:

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Dang! I don't have any action figures to sit by my prop and make out. LOL
                          That can be easily remedied. Amazon is your friend.

                          http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan.../dp/B001223HSW
                          http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan.../dp/B001221WHA

                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Great. Everybody buy their own John and Elizabeth and come up with as many poses as we can. Heh. Yep. We're adults. We still play with dolls.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Enabler! I'm actually watching Amazon this week for a couple of deals. Something else might sneak into my cart. *whistles innocently*

                              Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Great. Everybody buy their own John and Elizabeth and come up with as many poses as we can. Heh. Yep. We're adults. We still play with dolls.
                              We're just young at heart.
                              sigpic
                              sig by SueKay

                              My Team:

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                I've got War and Peace!!!!!!!

                                *bounces*

                                I finally got it delivered today!!!! Yay!!!!

                                For pretty pics on the book and the others items I won, check my LJ HERE.
                                I didn't know you managed to snag that many props! Congrats on the lot, especially War and Peace and the bantos rods.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                                Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X