Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Yes my friend but not this year. This year is awful but it's not the end.
    Too many guys jump ship during the last transfer window or did they just get off to a horrible start? If I remember right didn't they go deep in the Champions League last season?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Oh, John does what John always does--listens and chimes in when he gets his arm twisted. Woolsey's the one who rocks the conference, though their is a key John moment that's pretty good if I say so myself. <-------*iz humble*
      Good, I can't wait to read it!!! I tried to green you and they want let me, so huge mental green!
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Yes my friend but not this year. This year is awful but it's not the end.
        Well yes they reached the last four in the Champions League last season.

I am a little curious though. Given your passionate feelings on the French national team Probie, I was wondering if you preferred watching the French League of Portuguese League.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I think I'm gonna go find some cracktastically fun Sparky fics to rec for y'all. I'll have 'em for you later today.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Too many guys jump ship during the last transfer window or did they just get off to a horrible start? If I remember right didn't they go deep in the Champions League last season?
            With our wonderful participation during the last World Cup, some players were fired. Some are injured and the coach is not really good. There is a little war between fans and Claude Puel. We always have a horrible start but this year is worse. We can't beat small team.
            We lost against Barca.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            Well yes they reached the last four in the Champions League last season.

I am a little curious though. Given your passionate feelings on the French national team Probie, I was wondering if you preferred watching the French League of Portuguese League.
            Both. I didn't watch a lot the French league those years because Lyon is the winner each year but 2010 is interesting because we are 14th. Our "enemies" are the leaders. I also watch the Portuguese league.
            But to be honest, I prefer the English league or Spanish league. There is more competition. And I'm a fan of Mourinho.lol
            I also prefer the champion league. I love football. I love sport.
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Just been sitting back and watching you guys for awhile. So how are all the sparkies today?

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                Just been sitting back and watching you guys for awhile. So how are all the sparkies today?
                I'm fine. I try to find a way to take my train for Paris (when I will go in Sweden) without trouble. We just receive a beautiful message of love from Mister Ben. After the strikes, now I will have to "fight " against Vigipirate (France's national security alert system).
                And you?
                sigpic

Comment

I want to read fanfics. Maybe someone can post some links? I'm lazy
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                    Hiya! All quiet out here in California. Working on my first episode for Atlantis Rising. I got two pages done yesterday!

I want to read fanfics. Maybe someone can post some links? I'm lazy
                    Did someone say fics?

As promised, today's Screw The Angst fic recs:

A couple by our very own Anuna: Barefoot and Handcuffed, and Interruptus.

Flowers For Elizabeth, by our very own Southern Red.

And Puppy Love, by Christi. (because darnit, John is such a puppy. )

Happy Sparky Reading!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Hiya! All quiet out here in California. Working on my first episode for Atlantis Rising. I got two pages done yesterday!

Did someone say fics?

As promised, today's Screw The Angst fic recs:

A couple by our very own Anuna: Barefoot and Handcuffed, and Interruptus.

Flowers For Elizabeth, by our very own Southern Red.

And Puppy Love, by Christi. (because darnit, John is such a puppy. )

Happy Sparky Reading!
                      Anuna's FICA are awesome! Already read those 2, will read the other 2 when laptop is up.

Video is done but not on laptop to post right now. But soon. I think it turned out pretty good, but OF COURSE I'm gonna say that. And writing new fic, slight angst in AU S4. Heh. Same status as video. Prob up tomorrow.

SCREW THE ANGST! SPARKY RULES!!!

Comment

Fics. Not FICA. Stupid iPod, thinks it knows everything. *grumble*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Anuna's FICA are awesome! Already read those 2, will read the other 2 when laptop is up.

Video is done but not on laptop to post right now. But soon. I think it turned out pretty good, but OF COURSE I'm gonna say that. And writing new fic, slight angst in AU S4. Heh. Same status as video. Prob up tomorrow.

SCREW THE ANGST! SPARKY RULES!!!
                          <— That's John and Elizabeth laughing at angst.

Yay for new Sparky vids and fic! 'Cause you can never have too much.

Fics. Not FICA. Stupid iPod, thinks it knows everything. *grumble*
                          Heh! *pokes iPod*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            <— That's John and Elizabeth laughing at angst.

Yay for new Sparky vids and fic! 'Cause you can never have too much.

Heh! *pokes iPod*
                            Yeah, my iPod hasn't been quite the same since the last update.

Anyhow, just read those other two fics. John as a puppy ... OMG, ROFL!!!!!! I'm seeing another fic. Rodney as a cat. Or a donkey. Can't figure out which one fits better. Too many @$$ jokes on the last one ... Hee!

Getting ready to post new angsty fic. Brought to you in part by Taylor Swift's new CD.

Yeah. I deserved that.
                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 27 October 2010, 06:56 PM. Reason: Forgot the :: with tomato!

Comment

So I was reading JM's blog from a couple of years ago, looking for something bout Elizabeth, and I found this delightful little sob story:

Spoilered bcuz it's the original draft scene of John and Elizabeth's walk through the woods in "This Mortal Coil". Angst. Whodathunk?!

Spoiler:
                              The Sheppard-Weir walk and talk: In the original draft, the conversation played out slightly differently:

#Duplicate Weir: “I can empathize. Quite literally, a part of me is gone and I can't tell you how sad that makes me. But the part of me that's still here wants me to tell you that Elizabeth isn't gone; that she's right beside you whether you want to accept it or not.”

Sheppard:“From what I understand of all this, you are her in almost every way. And I wish I could take some comfort from that, but I can't. I'm sorry.”

Duplicate Weir: “I didn't expect this to go any other way. From the moment I learned the truth, I knew there'd be no going back to the way things were. Not for me. Not for any of us.”

Sheppard: “That doesn't mean you can't be a part of Atlantis in some way. You can still contribute. Things will just be different.”

Duplicate Weir: “To be honest with you, John, that isn't really the issue. I guess what really bothers me is knowing you and the others will always consider me as less than what I really am.”

Sheppard: “Eliz - look that's not true.”

Duplicate Weir: “Of course it is. You can't even say my name.”

They walk in silence.

Duplicate Weir: “Because it's not your name. Not really. That's what you're thinking right now. And I don't blame you, John. But if you could get inside my head, you'd know - I am the Elizabeth Weir you knew. In every way.”

Sheppard doesn't have an answer for that.

And the end scenes:

Spoiler:
                              On the run: Did you record the episode or buy it off I-tunes? If so, play the Sheppard-Dupli-Weir run from the explosions in slo-mo. See that look of utter terror on Joe Flanigan’s face? Terrific acting you say? Well, I heard that on the day, those explosions were a little too close for comfort according to Joe. On the bright side, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Joe run so fast.

Also, it’s a little thing, but there’s something about seeing Weir hitting the dirt and Sheppard stopping to help her up before resuming their run that I love every time I see watch this episode.

The puddle jumper is shot down while the real team makes good their escape: The question I’ve seen asked is “Why did all of the duplicates sacrifice themselves in the puddle jumper?” The answer is: because they didn’t think they’d necessarily be sacrificing themselves. Although their intention was to draw the replicators away from the gate so that the real team could get away, the duplicates were attempting to escape themselves.

The final scene: Closure. I wanted to make it clear that John had not given up on Elizabeth until the very end. And neither did Rodney.

Comment

Gah! Stop changing your posts while I'm in the middle of replying to them!

Anyhow, just read those other two fics. John as a puppy ... OMG, ROFL!!!!!! I'm seeing another fic. Rodney as a cat. Or a donkey. Can't figure out which one fits better. Too many @$$ jokes on the last one ... Hee!
                                There's another fic in the same "transmogrified into an animal by Ancient technology gone whacko: Unexpected Vacation, by miera. Only this time, both John and Elizabeth get zapped!

So I was reading JM's blog from a couple of years ago, looking for something bout Elizabeth, and I found this delightful little sob story:

Spoilered bcuz it's the original draft scene of John and Elizabeth's walk through the woods in "This Mortal Coil". Angst. Whodathunk?!

Spoiler:
                                The Sheppard-Weir walk and talk: In the original draft, the conversation played out slightly differently:

#Duplicate Weir: “I can empathize. Quite literally, a part of me is gone and I can't tell you how sad that makes me. But the part of me that's still here wants me to tell you that Elizabeth isn't gone; that she's right beside you whether you want to accept it or not.”

Sheppard:“From what I understand of all this, you are her in almost every way. And I wish I could take some comfort from that, but I can't. I'm sorry.”

Duplicate Weir: “I didn't expect this to go any other way. From the moment I learned the truth, I knew there'd be no going back to the way things were. Not for me. Not for any of us.”

Sheppard: “That doesn't mean you can't be a part of Atlantis in some way. You can still contribute. Things will just be different.”

Duplicate Weir: “To be honest with you, John, that isn't really the issue. I guess what really bothers me is knowing you and the others will always consider me as less than what I really am.”

Sheppard: “Eliz - look that's not true.”

Duplicate Weir: “Of course it is. You can't even say my name.”

They walk in silence.

Duplicate Weir: “Because it's not your name. Not really. That's what you're thinking right now. And I don't blame you, John. But if you could get inside my head, you'd know - I am the Elizabeth Weir you knew. In every way.”

Sheppard doesn't have an answer for that.

And the end scenes:

Spoiler:
                                On the run: Did you record the episode or buy it off I-tunes? If so, play the Sheppard-Dupli-Weir run from the explosions in slo-mo. See that look of utter terror on Joe Flanigan’s face? Terrific acting you say? Well, I heard that on the day, those explosions were a little too close for comfort according to Joe. On the bright side, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Joe run so fast.

Also, it’s a little thing, but there’s something about seeing Weir hitting the dirt and Sheppard stopping to help her up before resuming their run that I love every time I see watch this episode.

The puddle jumper is shot down while the real team makes good their escape: The question I’ve seen asked is “Why did all of the duplicates sacrifice themselves in the puddle jumper?” The answer is: because they didn’t think they’d necessarily be sacrificing themselves. Although their intention was to draw the replicators away from the gate so that the real team could get away, the duplicates were attempting to escape themselves.

The final scene: Closure. I wanted to make it clear that John had not given up on Elizabeth until the very end. And neither did Rodney.

Yeah. Shocking that Mallozzi got it for once, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X