Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Your theory explains the face parts that have hair but not the lack of lines around the eyes and just general skin tone. And it's not photography because he looks younger in person than on TV.
    Um, lack of exposure to the sun? IDK. They say people look older than normal (read, other countries) here because of our harsh sun (it's a very different heat to the only other places I've been to, Canada & USA). But that theory has some holes in it. I keep getting mistaken for younger and I work outside. To the point where I have scarring on the top of my ears from a bad sunburn incident. Maybe I get mistaken for younger because I act like a five year old?

Probably there is no great secret. I imagine he just has good skin tone, drinks a lot of water and eats correctly. It's odd though, in that family clip of him posted earlier, there was a link to when he was on Murphy Brown. He didn't look much younger then (read, I thought he looked older than what he should have then).

That explains it. Those ESPN commercials are among the funniest on TV. But I remember back in the day when Joe Namath (professional football player) got made fun of for this commercial.

Spoiler:
    I can see why he would get made fun of. I can even imagine the names he would get called. And the suggestions of other things he likes to wear. But as I am not a five year old, I shall refrain from saying more

I don't know why basketball players would need to shave their legs. Football players I would understand because of having to wear those tight pants but I've never heard that they actually do it. Swimmers have a good reason to shave.
    Some rugby players have to shave parts of their legs, because it helps for grip in the lineout (the locks get lifted into the air to catch the ball). They also have to shave for strapping. I've never heard of any of them doing it for other reasons *shrugs*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Finally! Freakin' internet at work refuses to load half my webpages now. Hopefully we'll get it fixed soon (though I don't have much time to post anyway). But when I do, I'd like to be able to see the forum.

As to JF--I postulate beer. I've seen the same phenomenon happen with my hispanic relatives who drink beer like it's water. Which means I'm in trouble.
    By that reckoning, I should look (not just act) like a five year old

Yeah, thinking back on it I've never really seen a hairy basketball player. Not a REALLY hairy one, anyway. But I was never really looking at their legs when I was close to them, so I don't know if that was nature's gift or if they really shaved. I can't see why they would, unless the forwards and such need to be SO swift they'd want the least amount of wind resistance possible?
    Yeah, I can't see it either

Ew, now that makes me think of this commercial:

There was a radio announcer here that swore black and blue that the gorilla in that ad was real *headdesk*

There's also this, which I'm going to spoil

Spoiler:

There's a very mixed reaction to that ad here. Some love it, some hate it. Personally, if they were advertising condoms, and they had a rooster following a bloke around, with the tag line "you've only got one, make sure you protect it" I would find it hilarious. Although I probably would want it to only be shown after 8.30pm.
    Last edited by gateraid; 22 October 2010, 08:15 AM. Reason: more animals
    sigpic

Comment

Hello sparkies. It's been a while. As to why Joe looks young, like the saying goes, "Men age gracefully..." I'll spare the ladies the rest of the saying. For me personally, I'm kind of baby-faced to begin with. I always get Id'd for tobacco and booze.

Eri here's your winnings from our bet.

Spoiler:
      Revenge of the Dawg

“Elizabeth, is this really necessary?” John questioned as he moved another bush into place.

“All you had to do was say no,” Elizabeth grinned and raised brow.

“Well… I was just trying to be nice since you lost last year,” John replied while setting the plant in line with the others.

“That orange 'T' still hasn’t come off my window,” Elizabeth pointed out.

“I didn’t know it was super tough safety paint. I already said I was sorry,” John walked to get another bush.

“Are you sorry ‘Rocky Top’ still plays when I open my laptop?” Elizabeth put her hands on her hips.

“That is pretty funny. You could always change that you know,” John picked up another hedge and set it down.

“I think the doghouse would look good there,” Elizabeth pointed to where John should place the dog house.

“You actually like this mascot?” John asked as he set the red doghouse down.

“Bulldogs are loyal and brave companions. I like it better over there,” Elizabeth spoke and John moved the doghouse.

“Too bad they’re ugly as sin,” John went to get the victory bell.

“Bite your tongue John Sheppard! Bulldogs have a rather rugged handsomeness. And Uga is one the most recognizable mascots in sports,” Elizabeth surveyed her decorating.

“Whatever you say,” John mumbled a set the victory bell next to the doghouse.

Elizabeth and John walked back down the steps of the gate and admired their work. There was a perfect row of hedges on each side of the steps leading up to the gate. Uga’s doghouse and the victory bell were set to the right; the doghouse even had a stuffed version of Uga sitting outside.

“Very lovely,” Elizabeth commented.

“Whatever,” John complained.

An hour later John stood outside the door to his quarters. He paused before opening the door when he saw a large black “G” trimmed in white and red painted on the door. John shook his head and entered his room. He sat down on his rack and picked up War and Peace. After a few minutes reading, the lights turned red. John stood up and nearly screamed when he heard “Glory to Old Georgia” playing continuously.

“McKay, what have you done?” John questioned on the radio.

“What are you talking about?” Rodney answered around a tuna sandwich.

“Why are the lights in my room red and ‘Glory to Old Georgia’ playing nonstop?” the irritation in John’s voice rising.

“That. Well… Elizabeth made me do it,” McKay responded casually.

“Then shut it off,” John complained.

“Can’t. Elizabeth said she’d have the mess hall serve nothing but citrus for a week if I turned it off before she said so,” Rondey talked as he typed on his computer.

“I’ll make sure you survey desert planets for a week,” John threatened.

“Sorry, can’t help. Elizabeth scares me way more than you do,” Rodney replied and ended the conversation.

“Crap!” John shouted out loud.

After gathering himself for a few moments John decided a good workout would help ease his mind. He ran a few miles around Atlantis and lifted for an hour. John stepped out of the shower to see his locker open and his clothes missing.

“Where the hell did my clothes go!” John tried not to start yelling in front of everyone.

“Sir, Elizabeth told me to give this to you,” Major Lorne handed John a big “Hairy Dawg” head.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” John yelled.

“I’m gonna guess it goes with this,” Lorne swung the door of John’s locker to reveal the rest of the “Hairy Dawg” costume.

“Seriously! I’m supposed to wear that!” John screamed in frustration.

“You could just walk around in your towel,” Lorne shrugged and headed for the shower.

“Crap,” and with a sigh John put on the costume and left the gym.

The next few hours weren’t bad. John was thankful nobody recognized him walking around in bulldog outfit. There were plenty of stares and laughs but his identity remained safely hidden. John thought he might be alright until he bumped into Carson.

“Colonel Sheppard,” Carson tried to catch the dog.

“Come on,” John hissed and ignored Carson and kept walking.

“Colonel Sheppard,” Carson ran and caught up to John.

The entire hallway stopped as they realized who was behind the mascot.

“What… do… you… want…?” John ground out.

“You’re due for your annual physical. I tried calling you on the radio but there was no answer,” Carson answered.

“How did you find me?” John growled.

“Elizabeth and Rodney said you’d be dressed like a bulldog. I didn’t believe them, but John Sheppard in a dog costume as I live and breathe,” Carson gave John a couple pats on his dog head and left.

John made it back to his quarters and dropped the mascot head to the ground. He sat down at his desk and opened his computer. The Georgia fight song blasted through the laptops speakers. John slammed the computer shut and decided to just get some sleep.

John paused when the space were his bed used to be was empty. He looked around and saw a large doghouse in the corner. John grabbed the note attached to his new gift:

“John,

Hope you like your new bed!

Elizabeth”

The door to his quarters opening made John whirl around to see who would bear witness to his humiliation. Elizabeth entered with a big grin on her face.

“John, looks like you’ve had a rough one,” Elizabeth teased.

“Can I at least have my bed?” John hung his head in defeat.

“That’s what I came to deliver,” Elizabeth smiled and placed her hand on John’s shoulder.

“Red and black sheets?” John shook his head as two airmen carried in his bed.

“A bet’s a bet. Good night John,” Elizabeth smiled and left.

Elizabeth walked back to the transporter wondering if she was too hard on John. A blood curdling scream rang out though Atlantis. Elizabeth entered the transport thinking replacing John’s beer stash with dog biscuits might have been a bit too much.

Probie my homie! I'll not comment on the strike in France, but ask if you could translate the French in this song: Joan Jett-The French Song

And raise your paw if you want some Lady Elizabeth and Sir John!
      Last edited by pkprd869; 22 October 2010, 09:09 AM.
      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        Hello sparkies. It's been a while. As to why Joe looks young, like the saying goes, "Men age gracefully..." I'll spare the ladies the rest of the saying. For me personally, I'm kind of baby-faced to begin with. I always get Id'd for tobacco and booze.
        pk, good to see you!

LMAO at the new fic! Oh, poor John! Now that's taking whump to a whole new level!

*raises paw and meows cheerfully*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Eri here's your winnings from our bet.

Spoiler:
          Revenge of the Dawg

“Elizabeth, is this really necessary?” John questioned as he moved another bush into place.

“All you had to do was say no,” Elizabeth grinned and raised brow.

“Well… I was just trying to be nice since you lost last year,” John replied while setting the plant in line with the others.

“That orange 'T' still hasn’t come off my window,” Elizabeth pointed out.

“I didn’t know it was super tough safety paint. I already said I was sorry,” John walked to get another bush.

“Are you sorry ‘Rocky Top’ still plays when I open my laptop?” Elizabeth put her hands on her hips.

“That is pretty funny. You could always change that you know,” John picked up another hedge and set it down.

“I think the doghouse would look good there,” Elizabeth pointed to where John should place the dog house.

“You actually like this mascot?” John asked as he set the red doghouse down.

“Bulldogs are loyal and brave companions. I like it better over there,” Elizabeth spoke and John moved the doghouse.

“Too bad they’re ugly as sin,” John went to get the victory bell.

“Bite your tongue John Sheppard! Bulldogs have a rather rugged handsomeness. And Uga is one the most recognizable mascots in sports,” Elizabeth surveyed her decorating.

“Whatever you say,” John mumbled a set the victory bell next to the doghouse.

Elizabeth and John walked back down the steps of the gate and admired their work. There was a perfect row of hedges on each side of the steps leading up to the gate. Uga’s doghouse and the victory bell were set to the right; the doghouse even had a stuffed version of Uga sitting outside.

“Very lovely,” Elizabeth commented.

“Whatever,” John complained.

An hour later John stood outside the door to his quarters. He paused before opening the door when he saw a large black “G” trimmed in white and red painted on the door. John shook his head and entered his room. He sat down on his rack and picked up War and Peace. After a few minutes reading, the lights turned red. John stood up and nearly screamed when he heard “Glory to Old Georgia” playing continuously.

“McKay, what have you done?” John questioned on the radio.

“What are you talking about?” Rodney answered around a tuna sandwich.

“Why are the lights in my room red and ‘Glory to Old Georgia’ playing nonstop?” the irritation in John’s voice rising.

“That. Well… Elizabeth made me do it,” McKay responded casually.

“Then shut it off,” John complained.

“Can’t. Elizabeth said she’d have the mess hall serve nothing but citrus for a week if I turned it off before she said so,” Rondey talked as he typed on his computer.

“I’ll make sure you survey desert planets for a week,” John threatened.

“Sorry, can’t help. Elizabeth scares me way more than you do,” Rodney replied and ended the conversation.

“Crap!” John shouted out loud.

After gathering himself for a few moments John decided a good workout would help ease his mind. He ran a few miles around Atlantis and lifted for an hour. John stepped out of the shower to see his locker open and his clothes missing.

“Where the hell did my clothes go!” John tried not to start yelling in front of everyone.

“Sir, Elizabeth told me to give this to you,” Major Lorne handed John a big “Hairy Dawg” head.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” John yelled.

“I’m gonna guess it goes with this,” Lorne swung the door of John’s locker to reveal the rest of the “Hairy Dawg” costume.

“Seriously! I’m supposed to wear that!” John screamed in frustration.

“You could just walk around in your towel,” Lorne shrugged and headed for the shower.

“Crap,” and with a sigh John put on the costume and left the gym.

The next few hours weren’t bad. John was thankful nobody recognized him walking around in bulldog outfit. There were plenty of stares and laughs but his identity remained safely hidden. John thought he might be alright until he bumped into Carson.

“Colonel Sheppard,” Carson tried to catch the dog.

“Come on,” John hissed and ignored Carson and kept walking.

“Colonel Sheppard,” Carson ran and caught up to John.

The entire hallway stopped as they realized who was behind the mascot.

“What… do… you… want…?” John ground out.

“You’re due for your annual physical. I tried calling you on the radio but there was no answer,” Carson answered.

“How did you find me?” John growled.

“Elizabeth and Rodney said you’d be dressed like a bulldog. I didn’t believe them, but John Sheppard in a dog costume as I live and breathe,” Carson gave John a couple pats on his dog head and left.

John made it back to his quarters and dropped the mascot head to the ground. He sat down at his desk and opened his computer. The Georgia fight song blasted through the laptops speakers. John slammed the computer shut and decided to just get some sleep.

John paused when the space were his bed used to be was empty. He looked around and saw a large doghouse in the corner. John grabbed the note attached to his new gift:

“John,

Hope you like your new bed!

Elizabeth”

The door to his quarters opening made John whirl around to see who would bear witness to his humiliation. Elizabeth entered with a big grin on her face.

“John, looks like you’ve had a rough one,” Elizabeth teased.

“Can I at least have my bed?” John hung his head in defeat.

“That’s what I came to deliver,” Elizabeth smiled and placed her hand on John’s shoulder.

“Red and black sheets?” John shook his head as two airmen carried in his bed.

“A bet’s a bet. Good night John,” Elizabeth smiled and left.

Elizabeth walked back to the transporter wondering if she was too hard on John. A blood curdling scream rang out though Atlantis. Elizabeth entered the transport thinking replacing John’s beer stash with dog biscuits might have been a bit too much.

Probie my homie! I'll not comment on the strike in France, but ask if you could translate the French in this song: Joan Jett-The French Song

Erm, I didn'i listen to the whole song. The first bit of french that I heard translated into, um

Spoiler:
          I want to make love with three

Then again, my french aint that good
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Erm, I didn'i listen to the whole song. The first bit of french that I heard translated into, um

Spoiler:
            I want to make love with three

Then again, my french aint that good
            *snickers* Sheppard/Weir/Atlantis OT3, anyone? LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Homie: gateraid is right (BTW the way If you understand it you're naughty.lol)
              "I love to make love, especially with three" (or in a threesome)

And now, the french girl is talking. I realized we (french) have a naughty reputation. This song and the one "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" just prove it. And you also say "French kiss". Yes we're passionate. We love to do everything with passion. Just not talking about sex of course (Look, we love to do strikes). Now I just understand why they are so many english boys in fench school.

I'm OT.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Homie: gateraid is right (BTW the way If you understand it you're naughty.lol)
                "I love to make love, especially with three" (or in a threesome)

And now, the french girl is talking. I realized we (french) have a naughty reputation. This song and the one "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?" just prove it. And you also say "French kiss". Yes we're passionate. We love to do everything with passion. Just not talking about sex of course (Look, we love to do strikes). Now I just understand why they are so many english boys in fench school.

I'm OT.
                @ Probie: Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir = honey, can you take out the garbage?

Kidding It means that other question. Although I understand the exact wording is slightly different if it is not related to that song.

And I'm also OT
                sigpic

Comment

To get back on topic:

Spoiler:

On the bright side, the replicators did such an amazing job rebuilding my office, it's almost like a new one. John & I will be able to 'christen' it all over again
                  And by christen, you mean....?
                  Erm, break open a bottle of champagne, of course!
                  Oh, riiiight. Coz if you were gonna do anything else, people are gonna start arriving back here soon, and there's not a lot of privacy in this office
                  sigpic

Comment

To get back on topic:

Spoiler:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28055[/ATTACH]

On the bright side, the replicators did such an amazing job rebuilding my office, it's almost like a new one. John & I will be able to 'christen' it all over again
                    And by christen, you mean....?
                    Erm, break open a bottle of champagne, of course!
                    Oh, riiiight. Coz if you were gonna do anything else, people are gonna start arriving back here soon, and there's not a lot of privacy in this office
                    Gee, Jack, sounds like you're speaking from personal experience...

Comment

Darn it, still no Kris... must find her at the convention tomorrow then.

I want my cookies.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I want my cookies.
                        Oh Kris... you've got a cookie-hungry lemming stalking you! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Gee, Jack, sounds like you're speaking from personal experience...
                          He must've heard the stories about Hank & Walter christening Hank's office *shudders, backs away, runs*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I want my cookies.
                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Oh Kris... you've got a cookie-hungry lemming stalking you! LOL!
                          You wouldn't like it when she's angry Kris - get those cookies ready!!

Aaaaand, one more

Spoiler:

Caldwell: Technically, I'm your military commander now. I was wondering, if you're not doing anything later, if you'd like me to assume the rest of Lt.Col. Sheppard's duties, I'd be more than willing

Weir: That won't be necessary Stephen. It will never be necessary.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know why basketball players would need to shave their legs. Football players I would understand because of having to wear those tight pants but I've never heard that they actually do it. Swimmers have a good reason to shave.
                            Several of the guys I played high school football with shaved the area around their ankles because they always got them taped. I would hate to have to rip all that tape off after a game and take all that hair with it! I'm almost willing to bet college and pro football players shave for the same reason during the season.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

He must've heard the stories about Hank & Walter christening Hank's office *shudders, backs away, runs*

You wouldn't like it when she's angry Kris - get those cookies ready!!

Aaaaand, one more

Spoiler:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]28062[/ATTACH]

Caldwell: Technically, I'm your military commander now. I was wondering, if you're not doing anything later, if you'd like me to assume the rest of Lt.Col. Sheppard's duties, I'd be more than willing

Weir: That won't be necessary Stephen. It will never be necessary.
                              *Runs screaming into the night because of scary imagines caused by post*
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                *Runs screaming into the night because of scary imagines caused by post*
                                Why do you think Hank always had that stunned expression? And why Walter never had a job beyond Stargate doorstop? *shudders some more*

Edited to add: I presume you meant that one? Weirdwell/Stephabeth/Stiz doesn't bother me so much, at least there was some basis for it. There had to be a reason why Caldwell let her run all over him like that, and why the other two leaders didn't
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X