X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    You know you want to!! The dark side is alluring... and tons of fun
    Join!!! Resistance is futile!!

Something I've been wanting to share with you guys, but I lost the link *headdesk*
    Someone made AWESOME ICONS of my Joe and David fedcon pics. Check them out!!
    Those are indeed great. We can expect great ones with the ChiCon pics in the days ahead. Some of the people in the front got some incredible shots. Like in this report. Scroll down to the last pic. And then read my comment. Mr. SR really dropped the ball on that one. LOL
    Now we need a good shot of those painted-on jeans from the front.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Those are indeed great. We can expect great ones with the ChiCon pics in the days ahead. Some of the people in the front got some incredible shots. Like in this report. Scroll down to the last pic. And then read my comment. Mr. SR really dropped the ball on that one. LOL
      *goes to look* Geeze, painted on is right! And yum, peekage!

As for a front shot, there's the second one on this post that was posted over on the Thunk thread...

This one's a little fuzzy, but we can even see Joe's sandals!

And look! More peekage!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Scroll down to the last pic
        OMFG!!! I almost fell down from my chair!
        Where's a drool emoticon when you need it?
        You know, I have a thing for men's ... aehm ... "back".
        And Joe's ... aehm ... back is quite ... remarkable.

And this morning I also discovered how nice Joe's feet are:
        http://tinyurl.com/3xqjb8j
        Tonight I'll have dirty dreams
        Last edited by nephtys59; 04 September 2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Hee. I googled for a SG1 cap site, but they have considerably less per ep than the one I normally get them from, which is macsyourmanatlantis

Rumours of my demise have been greatly anticipated exaggerated. Thank you for the well wishes though

It was a 7.1, 10kms deep. The epicentre was not far from where I live (it's under 30min by car), but my town was not affected greatly. Christchurch (which was a similar distance away, but in the opposite direction) suffered some damage to buildings (mostly older buildings which were not built to the current earthquake requirements) but extensive damage to both water and sewer pipes, as well as power failure in some areas. Rural areas were harder hit as they were closer to the fault line. Dairy farms have had to power their sheds with generators (if possible) in order to milk their cows.

There is currently a state of emergency until monday afternoon. Flights have resumed at the airport, although it was closed until the afternoon while they checked the runways and buildings (some damage was sustained, although I'm unsure on specifics). Christchurch's CBD is closed indefinitely, and police have instituted a curfew. Our Prime Minister has said that the repair bill is in the order of $2b so far. Actually, it's going to be quite a boon for the building industry. It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise - although the people with wastewater running down their streets may not see it that way.

It was bad, but not terrible. 7.1 is not actually that big, and soil type plays a part too. Areas with sandy or peaty soils have been damaged more, with heavier soils less so. There have been over 20 aftershocks above 4.0 so far. There was a massive earthquake in Napier in 1931 which wiped out most of the town, and buildings built after that time have been built with a higher earthquake tolerance. Houses that have been 'written off' this time have not completely collapsed, rather they've either had sections disintegrate or their foundations have been damaged. I didn't get out of bed for this (it's actually the first earthquake I've ever felt) because it didn't seem that bad and I knew the house was built well after that date.

I don't think there will be any worries there, although I understand the GPS for the airport has been affected due to ground displacement.

Let me guess - it ends with John having to use his meat thermometer?
          Glad to hear you're alright! And re-welcome, ForestFern!

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL *cough*

Happy Sparky Saturday! XD
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            No kidding! GW needs to update the smilies!

Heheheh...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Glad to hear you're alright! And re-welcome, ForestFern!

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL *cough*

Happy Sparky Saturday! XD
            LOL! Bring on the football!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*twirls in* *skids to a stop* *shouts*

Spoiler:
              Go Hokies!

Now back to our regularly scheduled Sparky.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

As for a front shot, there's the second one on this post that was posted over on the Thunk thread...

And look! More peekage!
              Oh yeah, those are quite yummy. The pants really are very expressive.

OMFG!!! I almost fell down from my chair!
              You know, I have a thing for men's ... aehm ... "back".
              And Joe's ... aehm ... back is quite ... remarkable.

Here ya go sweetie! And then you'll need this one: And then this one:
              sigpic

Comment

Oh please, I can't watch pics with his feet. I have a problem with foot. No just his feet.Yuk.

Football season starts for you and for us. We will have many conversations about it again.lol
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Oh please, I can't watch pics with his feet. I have a problem with foot. No just his feet.Yuk.

Football season starts for you and for us. We will have many conversations about it again.lol
                  That's right! *LOL* I guess we kinda bring everyone in, don't we! But you got some good Sparky out of it, remember?

Comment

Hey, DH is wearing Dr Martens...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Portugal had something of a weird qualifying game yesterday as I understand.

And That orange SGA picture looks cool. But I get the impression its a reference to something that went over my head.
                      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 04 September 2010, 09:27 AM.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yeah... Mr. SR sorta completely missed that one
                        And you're right... he doesn't really get it yet

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

And look! More peekage!
                        GUH!!!!! *droolz*
                        Yeah.... *droolz*
                        *droolz*
                        *haz lost the ability to form full sentences... or even words*
                        *droolz*

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

And That orange SGA picture looks cool. But I get the impression its a reference to something that went over my head.
                          College football! We get really OT around here. And if that pic confused you, I had to alter it a bit. Ahem. Hope this isn't the kind of manip that's been getting us in trouble lately. Is our thread monitor around? I had a bit of a challenge with the color but some of you get the idea. Maybe. It's supposed to be maroon and bright orange. Just pretend.

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

No I figured it was probably a reference to some manner of sports team, I just had no idea which one.

I actually sort of decided if I couldn't figure out exactly who, then conceivably I could just pretend it was a reference to the Dutch National football futbol team, because I actually know them.

Although the shade of orange is a little different.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

No I figured it was probably a reference to some manner of sports team, I just had no idea which one.

I actually sort of decided if I couldn't figure out exactly who, then conceivably I could just pretend it was a reference to the Dutch National football futbol team, because I actually know them.

Although the shade of orange is a little different.
                              The first one with just the T was for the University of Tennessee of which gateraid is a fan. The second in for Virginia Tech which is my team. I'm sure Eri and Scary Kitty will be along soon with a version for Georgia and the U of Southern California. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

In the thread we have a number of American College Football fans. PKPRD is a fan of a team called the Tennessee Volunteers (UT), and I'm a fan of the Georgia Bulldogs (UGA). Each year, we play each other in October. So last year we made a friendly bet--I had to write him a piece of fanfic that was UT-centric if his team beat mine and vice versa. I lost, so I did that and crafted these pictures to go with it. His school colors are orange and white.

Mine are Red and Black, by the way, which I think is perfectly harmonious with Sparky. I would barely have to the alter the picture to make it UGA centric. Elizabeth and John are perfect!

SR's team, the Virginia Tech HOkies, are maroon and orange.

College football! We get really OT around here. And if that pic confused you, I had to alter it a bit. Ahem. Hope this isn't the kind of manip that's been getting us in trouble lately. Is our thread monitor around? I had a bit of a challenge with the color but some of you get the idea. Maybe. It's supposed to be maroon and bright orange. Just pretend.

I hope not! I shall remove it if it is considered offensive.

Nice colorization.
                                Last edited by Eri13; 04 September 2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X