No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep thinking about punching up my red with a bit of henna. Maybe someday.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SR I just LOVE the avatar! Could you make more? Actually, I would just love to have a big avatar with Joe and Torri from Comic con, you know which comic con, one where they're smiling
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hi all! *waves*

SR (and Drew, if she pops by) are y'all okay up there? That storm looks rather nasty. I know it's a bit south of you for now, but it seems to be wanting to sideswipe the area. Have y'all battened down the hatches?
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Oh, Eri, what's up with the storm? I don't know what's going on!

Everyone safe, thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Oh, Eri, what's up with the storm? I don't know what's going on!

Everyone safe, thread?
            Hurricane Earl is on a track to head up the East Coast. The Weather Channel's got all sorts of info on it.

Everybody stay safe back there! *huggles*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Uh oh I hate when those things pop out. *hugs everyone* stay safe, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Hurricane Earl is on a track to head up the East Coast. The Weather Channel's got all sorts of info on it.

Everybody stay safe back there! *huggles*
                The Weather Channel is having a field day, because this is the only storm they've gotten to report on. They're like ESPN on steroids on a College Game Day. I'm sure they have their entire remote crew deployed. I don't understand the madness over there sometimes. I'd rather they keep their crews in studio and just GET THE WEATHER PREDICTIONS CORRECT. *headdesk*

Anyways, there's a hurricane travelling along the East Coast of the US right now. It's a Category 4, which was the same Category as Katrina, but the winds are on the lower end of that ranking. It is not making to directly hit any of the US so far, but it is definitely sideswiping some of our friends on the East Coast, closest to the Carolinas right now.

EDIT: Strike that, it's now a Category 3. Maximum sustained winds at 125 MPH. It's slowed some in speed, which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  The Weather Channel is having a field day, because this is the only storm they've gotten to report on. They're like ESPN on steroids on a College Game Day. I'm sure they have their entire remote crew deployed. I don't understand the madness over there sometimes. I'd rather they keep their crews in studio and just GET THE WEATHER PREDICTIONS CORRECT. *headdesk*

Anyways, there's a hurricane travelling along the East Coast of the US right now. It's a Category 4, which was the same Category as Katrina, but the winds are on the lower end of that ranking. It is not making to directly hit any of the US so far, but it is definitely sideswiping some of our friends on the East Coast, closest to the Carolinas right now.

EDIT: Strike that, it's now a Category 3. Maximum sustained winds at 125 MPH. It's slowed some in speed, which is good.
                  *cracks up at the 'ESPN on steroids on a College Game Day' comparison* Maybe that's a little bit of morbid humor, but it's so true.

Comment

SR I just LOVE the avatar! Could you make more? Actually, I would just love to have a big avatar with Joe and Torri from Comic con, you know which comic con, one where they're smiling
                    Sure. I made a couple more when I was considering which to use. Anyone is welcome to take any of my pics and make icons. I tried to find facial expressions that were different from those I've already seen people do. A lot of our pics were blurry. Maybe Mr. SR's hands were shaking. LOL And then there was the problem with the darn microphone.

You mean this one?

Or this one?
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Uh oh I hate when those things pop out. *hugs everyone* stay safe, folks!
                      I second that!!!

BTW, I've got this song, which is sooooooooooooooooooooooo John Sheppard to me:
                      http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/jo...l_by_fire.html

Sparky friends, what do you think, should I create a video on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Hi all! *waves*

SR (and Drew, if she pops by) are y'all okay up there? That storm looks rather nasty. I know it's a bit south of you for now, but it seems to be wanting to sideswipe the area. Have y'all battened down the hatches?
                        Earl who? No, just kidding. I know all about our boy Earl. He's not supposed to hit us. The outer banks of NC stick out quite a bit and he's going to wallop them good. Not very good timing as Labor Day is one of the biggest holidays for the beach areas.

But we've got it all covered here. If it gets too threatening we'll all go shopping to stock up on milk, bread and TP. So it's all good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                          I second that!!!

BTW, I've got this song, which is sooooooooooooooooooooooo John Sheppard to me:
                          http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/jo...l_by_fire.html

Sparky friends, what do you think, should I create a video on this one?
                          Oh, I love that song. Never can have too much Journey.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Sure. I made a couple more when I was considering which to use. Anyone is welcome to take any of my pics and make icons. I tried to find facial expressions that were different from those I've already seen people do. A lot of our pics were blurry. Maybe Mr. SR's hands were shaking. LOL And then there was the problem with the darn microphone.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...0/neckicon.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...smileyicon.jpg

You mean this one? http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ericoncopy.jpg

Or this one? http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...c2iconcopy.jpg
                            *flails at the icon love* Squee!

Earl who? No, just kidding. I know all about our boy Earl. He's not supposed to hit us. The outer banks of NC stick out quite a bit and he's going to wallop them good. Not very good timing as Labor Day is one of the biggest holidays for the beach areas.

But we've got it all covered here. If it gets too threatening we'll all go shopping to stock up on milk, bread and TP. So it's all good.
                            Can never have too much TP. *snickers* Milk... mmmm, now I want to go make some cookies. Chocolate chip, of course.

Comment

Just saw this Joe tweet. Awwww, he's killing me. All alone in a lonely hotel room....isn't that a song?

Katherine and kids just left to go back home. Hate being in the hotel alone. Going to visit my friends set for new ScyFy show. Stay busy
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *cracks up at the 'ESPN on steroids on a College Game Day' comparison* Maybe that's a little bit of morbid humor, but it's so true.
                                Yes, and it was sort of a 'truer' comment than a off-handed one. I think they're a little disrespectful when they get all eager and excited over something as serious as a dangerous storm. They act like it's a field day for them and it really shouldn't be. ESPN is entitled to act like a bunch of schoolboys over football, it's a rough but generally non-life-threatening sport. A hurricane is a big, serious thing. As far as news coverage, they should treat it with respect. >8D

Good to hear. Stay safe out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X