Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Missing Moments Chapter 10: The Defiant One
    Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
    10: The Defiant One

(after the ep)

“Intuition, huh?”

She heard the grin in his voice as he walked onto the balcony and stood next to her.

“I just knew you’d get yourselves in a heap of trouble.”

“Good thing, otherwise we’d be Wraith bait right now.”

“It’s amazing that he managed to survive there for 10.000 years...”

“Carson already chewed me out for blowing him up... ‘Imagine everything I could’ve discovered by performing an autopsy on a Wraith that old and surviving under those circumstances’.” The Scottish accent didn’t sound right out of John’s mouth, but it made her smile anyway.

“Carson does have a valid point though.”

“Don’t you start either.” He gave her a mock glare.

“Trust me, I’d rather have you alive than have a Wraith to examine.”

“That doesn’t mean much, you know… I mean… I’d take Kavanaugh over a Wraith any day.”

“Really?” Elizabeth asked with a sly grin. “Don’t know if I would…”

John couldn’t help laughing. “Good to know you like me better than Kavanaugh.”

She shrugged. “I like everyone better than Kavanaugh.”

“And Kavanaugh doesn’t like anyone better than himself.” He pointed out which made her laugh.

They stayed quiet for a few moments, simply enjoying each other’s company and the view of the city and the ocean.

“You want to come over for a game of chess tonight?” Elizabeth asked after a few minutes.

John smiled warmly. It was the first time she had asked to meet up for chess after hours as it had always been him to propose it. This showed once again how much things had changed between them since Kolya’s attack on the city.

“I’d love to.”
    Really great! Loving the series!
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Thank you! And I knew that about Shen's name and feel like an idiot. I am embarrassing the part of me that's an anime geek.
      Ooops!

I guess I'll have to go back and read the transcripts--why did they move the chair to Roswell? I know the 'violation of the Antarctic treaty' was why it was moved from the Antarctic base, but did they actually say in EATG that they put it in Area 51 because they couldn't put it at SGC or because they wanted to study it?

Thanks for the info--and to Lt. Colonel John Sheppard for his stuff, too.
      Nope, they never said why they sent the Chair to Area 51 rather than Stargate Command/Cheyenne Mountain. I agree with your guess that it was so that they could study it, though.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
        @KrisRussel

Sweet!!!
        All these precious moments ... you know you have further 90 to write, huh?
        Oh, yes, I'm very much aware of that
        I just arrived at the 4th season and things are being completely rewritten now... it's one heck of a job, but I'm loving it
        Just wish my muse wouldn't disappear so often

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I can just see Carson threatening John with a really big needle the next time John's in the infirmary...
        Aaaaw, poor John

Really great! Loving the series!
        Thank you

Sig by me

Comment

Now, onto some more serious business...

It's Shen; Xiaoyi is her first name. (the 'family name first' protocol typically used with Asian names) Also, Marrick died in Ark of Truth, so we can scratch him from the list.

As far as I know, Earth has nothing else except for the ships. I could see them setting up some sort of orbital weapons platform with the same kind of armament carried by the Daedalus-class ships.

Actually, I believe Homeworld Command (or at least, where we see O'Neill based in SGU) is supposed to be at the Pentagon. We don't know if Earth's stargate is still at Cheyenne Mountain, or if it's been moved to Area 51. There have been hints about a moon base, but it seemed more in the realm of teasing the fans, if you know what I mean.

Earth ships: We've got the five known Daedalus-class ships: Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, George Hammond (formerly Phoenix), and Sun Tzu (which I believe is primarily Chinese; the Russians also had one, the Korolev, but the Ori destroyed it on SG-1). Daedalus, Apollo and Sun Tzu all got the snot kicked out of them in EatG, though with the nine-month gap we're planning between EatG and Return to Pegasus, they'll probably be back up and running. The George Hammond also got the snot kicked out of it in the SGU premiere, Air, but since we're going with the original plan to have Air shortly after EatG, the Hammond is probably back in fighting form as well.

Allies in the Milky Way: The Jaffa have a variety of Goa'uld ships, from the big warships to the fighters. The Tok'ra might help, though I'm not sure what they'd have in the way of ships; they seem to prefer keeping a low profile. I'm not sure who else might be out there, someone with more knowledge of SG-1 would need to weigh in.

Still combing through SGU, though a second set of eyes would be welcome!
          I've watched all of sgu and I have it on itunes so if theres specific questions anyone has I can try to answer them.

Add: I just remembered I also had a discussion about sending Atlantis back on this thread. http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11752234
          that might be helpful for Eri13 or anyone else.
          Last edited by VampyreWraith; 11 August 2010, 02:26 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Aaaaw, poor John
            It'd definitely be funny, though...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ZOMG!!!!! THIS IS HIS REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martinfirrell @krisrussel That is EXACTLY what interests me too! And the fact that Weir is a leader, diplomat, and woman!

I LOVE the guy
              ANd he's a total Sparky!!!!!!!!!
              Martin is my newest hero.

Missing Moments Chapter 10: The Defiant One
              Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
              10: The Defiant One

(after the ep)

“Intuition, huh?”

She heard the grin in his voice as he walked onto the balcony and stood next to her.

“I just knew you’d get yourselves in a heap of trouble.”

“Good thing, otherwise we’d be Wraith bait right now.”

“It’s amazing that he managed to survive there for 10.000 years...”

“Carson already chewed me out for blowing him up... ‘Imagine everything I could’ve discovered by performing an autopsy on a Wraith that old and surviving under those circumstances’.” The Scottish accent didn’t sound right out of John’s mouth, but it made her smile anyway.

“Carson does have a valid point though.”

“Don’t you start either.” He gave her a mock glare.

“Trust me, I’d rather have you alive than have a Wraith to examine.”

“That doesn’t mean much, you know… I mean… I’d take Kavanaugh over a Wraith any day.”

“Really?” Elizabeth asked with a sly grin. “Don’t know if I would…”

John couldn’t help laughing. “Good to know you like me better than Kavanaugh.”

She shrugged. “I like everyone better than Kavanaugh.”

“And Kavanaugh doesn’t like anyone better than himself.” He pointed out which made her laugh.

They stayed quiet for a few moments, simply enjoying each other’s company and the view of the city and the ocean.

“You want to come over for a game of chess tonight?” Elizabeth asked after a few minutes.

John smiled warmly. It was the first time she had asked to meet up for chess after hours as it had always been him to propose it. This showed once again how much things had changed between them since Kolya’s attack on the city.

“I’d love to.”
              I love the way you have them playing chess in these. And the gradual way they are getting closer.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ronon and Ford are getting at it!!

Ok, that just sounds wrong...
                Bad girl. (grins playfully) The gutter is only for Sheppard and Weir.
                Last edited by mandogater; 11 August 2010, 08:50 PM.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I love the way you have them playing chess in these. And the gradual way they are getting closer.
                  The chess games are such a great metaphor.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  *snickers*

Comment

Goodmorning Sparkies!!
                    It's my final workday for the week, so I'm happy
                    For the moment my boss is out, but I really hope he won't start snarking once he's back and still manage to frak up my day.

It'd definitely be funny, though...
                    Ooh, it would be perfect for a crack!fic

*raises hand*
                    Mine too!
                    And he totally deserves a free invite to our Atlantis Rising convention, doesn't he?
                    Should I let him know about the virtual season? Or should I wait with that until we get the first ep up and running?

Thank you!! I really see the chess game as a way for them to challenge each other in a playful way. But it'll lead to bigger things

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Only Sparky in the gutter? Heck!

The chess games are such a great metaphor.
                    Thank you!!

Sig by me

Comment

Goodmorning Sparkies!!
                      It's my final workday for the week, so I'm happy
                      For the moment my boss is out, but I really hope he won't start snarking once he's back and still manage to frak up my day.

Ooh, it would be perfect for a crack!fic

*raises hand*
                      Mine too!
                      And he totally deserves a free invite to our Atlantis Rising convention, doesn't he?
                      Should I let him know about the virtual season? Or should I wait with that until we get the first ep up and running?

Thank you!! I really see the chess game as a way for them to challenge each other in a playful way. But it'll lead to bigger things

Only Sparky in the gutter? Heck!

Thank you!!
                      Hmmm, I'd say wait a bit on letting Martin know about SGARising. That way he'll have talked to Torri and be a bit further along in his project. Then when we get our first episode up he'll have something meaty to read. I think once people start going there they are going to want to go back and check on our progress. We'll have them hooked. Heh.

sigpic

Comment

As far as Martin F. goes, I'd say wait until we're a little more legit. He's more of an artist-type than a true fanboy, and not directly involved with the show, so the virtual season may be a little much for him.

Though he loves Shep and Weir (and well-written entertainment) we have to remember that not everyone is as invested in the fandom as we are! I think he might enjoy it later on, when we have something tangible to show him, but for now let's leave him to do what he does.

Comment

I just learned that Jason has canceled Chicago due to work. So that's one down. I'm disappointed and can't imagine how I would feel if it were Joe. *shudders*

But one of the guys in Joe's movie tweeted that they wrap at the end of next week. So that's plenty of time for him to make Scotland and have a week off before Chicago. No need to panic. Yet. My stomach hurts.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just learned that Jason has canceled Chicago due to work. So that's one down. I'm disappointed and can't imagine how I would feel if it were Joe. *shudders*

But one of the guys in Joe's movie tweeted that they wrap at the end of next week. So that's plenty of time for him to make Scotland and have a week off before Chicago. No need to panic. Yet. My stomach hurts.
                            I think you'll be fine! I figured the movie he was shooting would be a quick shoot. Big Budget films like Conan require so much more time it's not surprising Jason's still working, but I think Joe will have plenty of time to get over there.

And if not, we'll spam his twitter. >8D

Hey, maybe Creation will be smart and try and get Torri to fill Jason's shoes.

Comment

*hugs*
                              Sorry to hear about Jason. But Joe and David together are a lot of fun, so you won't get bored
                              But I get the tense feeling in the stomach... was the same up to Shore Leave. Constantly thinking: please Torri, don't cancel!!

Sig by me

Comment

I think you'll be fine! I figured the movie he was shooting would be a quick shoot. Big Budget films like Conan require so much more time it's not surprising Jason's still working, but I think Joe will have plenty of time to get over there.

And if not, we'll spam his twitter. >8D

Hey, maybe Creation will be smart and try and get Torri to fill Jason's shoes.
                                Jason is working on Game of Thrones so that is going to go on for a long time.

Your mouth to God's ears on Torri.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X