Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    There ya go. I think Martin is a great guy. Ask Drew. He was very receptive to the girls who helped him get in touch with Torri. And he's obviously a very intelligent man. LOL
    Then we have nothing to worry about! After all, he talked to Kate Mulgrew about Janeway's romantic and intimate life - or rather, Martin asked the right questions and Kate talked about it and it was very interesting to hear her point of view. I'd love to hear Torri's.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Then we have nothing to worry about! After all, he talked to Kate Mulgrew about Janeway's romantic and intimate life - or rather, Martin asked the right questions and Kate talked about it and it was very interesting to hear her point of view. I'd love to hear Torri's.
      Oh, he is a very nice guy!! He even tweeted Drew and Torrealis after he got confirmation about Torri
      And yeah, I would totally love to hear her opinion on it too...

Sig by me

Comment

YAY! I am excited to hear Martin's answer. I hope he is a nice guy who won't dismiss fans.
        He's a super nice guy! I've emailed him personally a couple of times and he's always responded and been super sweet about it. He seems to truly appreciate how much the fans are enjoying his projects and knows we love to see these actors. And I think he fanboys them a little too.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          He's a super nice guy! I've emailed him personally a couple of times and he's always responded and been super sweet about it. He seems to truly appreciate how much the fans are enjoying his projects and knows we love to see these actors. And I think he fanboys them a little too.
          See, I think that's it! He's a down to Earth fan who respects other fans and knows how we feel about the actors. More journalists should be like that instead of the usual: 'Haha, I got to talk to the actor and you didn't!'

Sig by me

Comment

ZOMG!!!!! THIS IS HIS REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martinfirrell @krisrussel That is EXACTLY what interests me too! And the fact that Weir is a leader, diplomat, and woman!

I LOVE the guy
            ANd he's a total Sparky!!!!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Every time I see it, I just ROFL!! It's like: "blablabla blabla Facebook?" ROFL!!!!
              *cracks up*

Too bad Probie isn't here. She would squee. I saw a question I hope he answers. Which death on the show was hardest to film? He'd probably say Carson because everyone was sad there. And Elizabeth isn't really dead.
              *sniffles* I think he would, too.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
              Oh, that's wicked! Good to see them laughing together!

BACK. OMG what did I miss?????
              *glomps Anuna* Welcome back! SR seems to have covered the bases, so I'll just chime in with a muahahahaha....

In all our excitement about Mr. Flanigan's twitter let's not forget Martin Firrell. I just saw this:

Production design for the Sci Fi Series coming on a treat. Exchanging schedules with Torri Higginson. Good day.

So maybe it won't be long. Somebody tweet and tell him not to forget to tell her how sublime Sparky is. Hee.
              EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! *fangirl squeal*

Why go subtle? Can you tell him something like, 'a ton of fans would really love to hear Torri's thoughts about sublime relationship between Sheppard and Weir'.
              This. So this. Subtlety is overrated.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

martinfirrell @krisrussel That is EXACTLY what interests me too! And the fact that Weir is a leader, diplomat, and woman!

I LOVE the guy
                Have you x-posted this to the Torri Higginson thread, btw? I mean, not the Sparky stuff, but that it looks like Torri will be working with Martin?

Comment

Have you x-posted this to the Torri Higginson thread, btw? I mean, not the Sparky stuff, but that it looks like Torri will be working with Martin?
                  No, like I said, I'm really only active in this thread. But go ahead and post it over there!

Sig by me

Comment

I LOVE the guy
                    I *love* this man

I uploaded another 50/60 images mainly Sheppard (SR, some from Vegas, different from the previous ones I linked!) to my Photobucket account all high quality, enjoy!

I would like someone to caption these two (they're home: she's working and he's reading the news):

Comment

No, like I said, I'm really only active in this thread. But go ahead and post it over there!
                      Cross posted! This is so exciting!

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 10: The Defiant One
                        Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                        10: The Defiant One

(after the ep)

“Intuition, huh?”

She heard the grin in his voice as he walked onto the balcony and stood next to her.

“I just knew you’d get yourselves in a heap of trouble.”

“Good thing, otherwise we’d be Wraith bait right now.”

“It’s amazing that he managed to survive there for 10.000 years...”

“Carson already chewed me out for blowing him up... ‘Imagine everything I could’ve discovered by performing an autopsy on a Wraith that old and surviving under those circumstances’.” The Scottish accent didn’t sound right out of John’s mouth, but it made her smile anyway.

“Carson does have a valid point though.”

“Don’t you start either.” He gave her a mock glare.

“Trust me, I’d rather have you alive than have a Wraith to examine.”

“That doesn’t mean much, you know… I mean… I’d take Kavanaugh over a Wraith any day.”

“Really?” Elizabeth asked with a sly grin. “Don’t know if I would…”

John couldn’t help laughing. “Good to know you like me better than Kavanaugh.”

She shrugged. “I like everyone better than Kavanaugh.”

“And Kavanaugh doesn’t like anyone better than himself.” He pointed out which made her laugh.

They stayed quiet for a few moments, simply enjoying each other’s company and the view of the city and the ocean.

“You want to come over for a game of chess tonight?” Elizabeth asked after a few minutes.

John smiled warmly. It was the first time she had asked to meet up for chess after hours as it had always been him to propose it. This showed once again how much things had changed between them since Kolya’s attack on the city.

“I’d love to.”

Sig by me

Comment

Now, onto some more serious business...

Hello Sparkies!

I am in need of some well-versed help for my SS6 story "The Return to Pegasus, Part I". I'm going to x-post this to the blog on our website, too.

I'd like to know some information I'm not the most well versed in, so help me out if you can!

1) The IOA: As the current standing members, I have Marrick, Coolidge, Strom (Head?), Chapman, Lapierre, Xiaoyi, Chekov and Camille Wray. Anyone else you can think of?
                          It's Shen; Xiaoyi is her first name. (the 'family name first' protocol typically used with Asian names) Also, Marrick died in Ark of Truth, so we can scratch him from the list.

2) I need to know all the functioning Earth Defenses. I know the Antarctic Chair was destroyed in EATG. Any other weapons that might be used to defend the planet?
                          As far as I know, Earth has nothing else except for the ships. I could see them setting up some sort of orbital weapons platform with the same kind of armament carried by the Daedalus-class ships.

3) I need a confirm that SG Ops (or Homeworld Command) has been moved to Area 51--have there been any other mentions of locations for the home base?
                          Actually, I believe Homeworld Command (or at least, where we see O'Neill based in SGU) is supposed to be at the Pentagon. We don't know if Earth's stargate is still at Cheyenne Mountain, or if it's been moved to Area 51. There have been hints about a moon base, but it seemed more in the realm of teasing the fans, if you know what I mean.

4) I need a list of the functioning ships and their classes for the Milky Way/Pegasus (Earth based or alien races that are significant allies to Earth whose ships might show up to defend Earth).
                          Earth ships: We've got the five known Daedalus-class ships: Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, George Hammond (formerly Phoenix), and Sun Tzu (which I believe is primarily Chinese; the Russians also had one, the Korolev, but the Ori destroyed it on SG-1). Daedalus, Apollo and Sun Tzu all got the snot kicked out of them in EatG, though with the nine-month gap we're planning between EatG and Return to Pegasus, they'll probably be back up and running. The George Hammond also got the snot kicked out of it in the SGU premiere, Air, but since we're going with the original plan to have Air shortly after EatG, the Hammond is probably back in fighting form as well.

Allies in the Milky Way: The Jaffa have a variety of Goa'uld ships, from the big warships to the fighters. The Tok'ra might help, though I'm not sure what they'd have in the way of ships; they seem to prefer keeping a low profile. I'm not sure who else might be out there, someone with more knowledge of SG-1 would need to weigh in.

I think that's it. Anything else that might be used in the argument for or against Atlantis remaining in the Milky Way as a base of operations for HWC/SGC/HWS would be helpful, too. Stuff to take into consideration are weapons that can be used to defend Earth and enemies that still lurk out in the stars.

I definitely need BG on the developments created for SGU. Thanks!
                          Still combing through SGU, though a second set of eyes would be welcome!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

@KrisRussel

Sweet!!!
                            All these precious moments ... you know you have further 90 to write, huh?

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 10: The Defiant One
                              Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                              10: The Defiant One

(after the ep)

“Intuition, huh?”

She heard the grin in his voice as he walked onto the balcony and stood next to her.

“I just knew you’d get yourselves in a heap of trouble.”

“Good thing, otherwise we’d be Wraith bait right now.”

“It’s amazing that he managed to survive there for 10.000 years...”

“Carson already chewed me out for blowing him up... ‘Imagine everything I could’ve discovered by performing an autopsy on a Wraith that old and surviving under those circumstances’.” The Scottish accent didn’t sound right out of John’s mouth, but it made her smile anyway.

“Carson does have a valid point though.”

“Don’t you start either.” He gave her a mock glare.

“Trust me, I’d rather have you alive than have a Wraith to examine.”

“That doesn’t mean much, you know… I mean… I’d take Kavanaugh over a Wraith any day.”

“Really?” Elizabeth asked with a sly grin. “Don’t know if I would…”

John couldn’t help laughing. “Good to know you like me better than Kavanaugh.”

She shrugged. “I like everyone better than Kavanaugh.”

“And Kavanaugh doesn’t like anyone better than himself.” He pointed out which made her laugh.

They stayed quiet for a few moments, simply enjoying each other’s company and the view of the city and the ocean.

“You want to come over for a game of chess tonight?” Elizabeth asked after a few minutes.

John smiled warmly. It was the first time she had asked to meet up for chess after hours as it had always been him to propose it. This showed once again how much things had changed between them since Kolya’s attack on the city.

“I’d love to.”
                              I can just see Carson threatening John with a really big needle the next time John's in the infirmary...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Now, onto some more serious business...

It's Shen; Xiaoyi is her first name. (the 'family name first' protocol typically used with Asian names) Also, Marrick died in Ark of Truth, so we can scratch him from the list.

As far as I know, Earth has nothing else except for the ships. I could see them setting up some sort of orbital weapons platform with the same kind of armament carried by the Daedalus-class ships.

Actually, I believe Homeworld Command (or at least, where we see O'Neill based in SGU) is supposed to be at the Pentagon. We don't know if Earth's stargate is still at Cheyenne Mountain, or if it's been moved to Area 51. There have been hints about a moon base, but it seemed more in the realm of teasing the fans, if you know what I mean.

Earth ships: We've got the five known Daedalus-class ships: Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, George Hammond (formerly Phoenix), and Sun Tzu (which I believe is primarily Chinese; the Russians also had one, the Korolev, but the Ori destroyed it on SG-1). Daedalus, Apollo and Sun Tzu all got the snot kicked out of them in EatG, though with the nine-month gap we're planning between EatG and Return to Pegasus, they'll probably be back up and running. The George Hammond also got the snot kicked out of it in the SGU premiere, Air, but since we're going with the original plan to have Air shortly after EatG, the Hammond is probably back in fighting form as well.

Allies in the Milky Way: The Jaffa have a variety of Goa'uld ships, from the big warships to the fighters. The Tok'ra might help, though I'm not sure what they'd have in the way of ships; they seem to prefer keeping a low profile. I'm not sure who else might be out there, someone with more knowledge of SG-1 would need to weigh in.

Still combing through SGU, though a second set of eyes would be welcome!
                                Thank you! And I knew that about Shen's name and feel like an idiot. I am embarrassing the part of me that's an anime geek.

I guess I'll have to go back and read the transcripts--why did they move the chair to Roswell? I know the 'violation of the Antarctic treaty' was why it was moved from the Antarctic base, but did they actually say in EATG that they put it in Area 51 because they couldn't put it at SGC or because they wanted to study it?

Thanks for the info--and to Lt. Colonel John Sheppard for his stuff, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X