Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in Belgium again and already miss NY so badly
    My plane had a five hour delay which completely s*cked. Our original plane had a mechanical default that couldn't get fixed right away, so they called in another plane. When that arrived, it appeared that the back-up generator had failed so they had to repair that. But by the time that had been fixed, they suddenly realized that all the food had gone bad because the refrigerating system had been off. So then they had to replace all the food. Which meant that my food (vegan) wasn't on board anymore. Because of that I got some chips and an apple as dinner and an apple as breakfast. That s*cked too...
    After that whole experience I'm actually glad to be back home

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hey, Kris, you should post a link to your album over on the Torri/Weir WOW thread!
    Good idea!! I'll do that right away

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I like this idea, especially the flashback part. Plus I'm thinking John should receive a few medals. If Cam got the Medal of Honor, John certainly should also.
    Yup, I like that idea too. The flashback part and the medal idea. John really does deserve a small metal ceremony.

And also yeah, our John will never feel completely comfortable being honored but he sure does deserve it. He might even have a moment when he thinks of how proud of him Elizabeth would be if she were herself.
    Even if Elizabeth wasn't totally herself, she still would be proud of him... I think...

Yes, Lorne is waaaayyy overdue. I think we can get some good jokes from Ronon about John's promotion also. "A bird colonel? What the hell does that mean?" Then he tells some elaborate story about how on Sateda the ranks were named after weapons. LOL
    Lol, I love that
    And the conversation between John and Ronon too... Nuna, you really should incorporate that in your episode

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
    He definitely deserves a medal. A Purple Heart for sure. Receiving a Medal of Honor is supposed to be a rare event, but like you wrote if Cam can get one for just flying a fighter jet and shooting at Goould or whoever it was, John should get one for the multiple times he has saved Earth. Maybe because he has a bad reputation with the brass at Earth and they don't really understand the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy, he's been passed over. John is definitely not in it for the glory.
    Yup, exactly. John more than deserves it. And you're right, he isn't in it for the glory and he would never gloat about it, but he sure does deserve it.
    You know what would be a great scene for s7? When Elizabeth is in John's room and opens one of his drawers, she finds a medal box, opens it and finds a purple heart. She confronts him about it, wondering why he never told her or anyone else about it and he just shrugs, saying he only did his work.
    Yeah, I know, it would be in his file, but still, it would be a beautiful scene

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      There's nothing you can do about it. You're taken ... captured ... bound ... enslaved!!!

I redesigned my old website on Altervista, now Sparky is there, safe with A/T and growing
      And in the home page I put links to SS6 and SGA Rising
      Looking good!!! Both the artwork and the site
      And thx for putting up the Atlantis Rising link

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
        Hi C.O., I like the Dave Matthews Band too. Crash into Me is very sparky and a pretty song to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puvq5VW7ixE
        Crash into me is amazing. It was the very first DMB song I've heard (because my of OTP in another tv show lol).

I would love to vid sparky with this song, I can even picture the scenes for:
        Touch your lips just so I know
        In your eyes, love, it glows so
        I'm bare boned and crazy for you
        When you come crash
        Into me, baby
        And I come into you

But we don't have John ogling Elizabeth in a skirt (yet?) *kicks floor*
        Hike up your skirt a little more
        And show the world to me
        Hike up your skirt a little more
        And show your world to me

---
        Changing the subject, about for the promotion discussion.
        As a humble reader I wouldn't mind either way you guys decide to go.
        My uncle is a Colonel, but I have no idea how the rank works at all, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Looking good!!! Both the artwork and the site
          And thx for putting up the Atlantis Rising link
          Glad you got back home safely. Now you can get back into the swing of Sparky.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Kris! *glomps* Glad you're back home safe (even though the flight sucked).

Oh, and I got the Atlantis Rising cards in the mail today! Great timing!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think Joe Mallozzi must be reading your thread (just kidding - heaven forbid :O) becase he answered questions about a couple of things SGA related:
              Collegeboy8907 writes: “Since Mitchell and Carter got promoted to full colonel following the defeat of the ori will we see John Sheppard and Major Lorne get promoted to Full Colonel and Lieutenant Colonel since they saved earth from the wraith attack in Enemy at the Gate or will they have to defeat the wraith for them to get promoted?”

Answer: Alas, no promotion for either but something just as good: a hearty handshake, a thank you for a job well done, and half-price season tickets to the Clippers.
              Lewis also writes: “Is there a chance of any kinos ever being discovered in Atlantis or did that technology get abandoned by the time the Ancients built Atlantis?”

Answer: The kinos were originally planned for Atlantis, but never made it into the series. Chances are some may exist in some distant Atlantean storage closet.
              Lewis also writes: “Since Carter & Vala are currently no longer going on SG-1 missions, who do you think would be the current day SG-1 team members (Cam, Daniel, T’ealc, and…. )? Would they incorporate Atlantis teams into SG teams (i.e.- a possible team of Cam & T’ealc w/ Shepherd & Ronan would wreak some serious havoc)?”

Answer: Two weeks ago, I would have said no but given the change in the timeline of events then I would say, yes, it’s probable that Atlantis personnel have been incorporated into SG teams.
              Tuskin also writes: “Another question, was the ancient writing on the atlantis stairs ever decided to say something, but never used in story? Or was it just for decoration?”

Answer: Apparently, there was a secret message hidden in the stairs, and the only reason I know is because some enterprising fan actually translated it! Don’t recall what it said but I believe it was “Don’t forget to eat your ovaltine”.
              Some of his replies to the other questionsare so snarky and so obviously not meant as fact that it's hard to know which answers to take seriously???
              sigpic

Comment

Holy buckets Joe actually answered one of my questions it was
                Collegeboy8907 writes: “Since Mitchell and Carter got promoted to full colonel following the defeat of the ori will we see John Sheppard and Major Lorne get promoted to Full Colonel and Lieutenant Colonel since they saved earth from the wraith attack in Enemy at the Gate or will they have to defeat the wraith for them to get promoted?”

Answer: Alas, no promotion for either but something just as good: a hearty handshake, a thank you for a job well done, and half-price season tickets to the Clippers.
                Boy that answer was so vague. But man that irks me that thy won't promoted John, Evan or Paul Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  I think Joe Mallozzi must be reading your thread (just kidding - heaven forbid :O) becase he answered questions about a couple of things SGA related:
                  Cribbing our notes? Perish the thought!

No promotion for Sheppard or Lorne stinks.

The kinos were planned for Atlantis? Now that's interesting. Anyone up for having someone (I vote for a secondary character instead of one of the mains) find that storage closet of Atlantean kinos sometime in Season 6? Hmm, maybe after they hear about the kinos on the Destiny, Zelenka and Lorne go on a little hunt...

Some of his replies to the other questionsare so snarky and so obviously not meant as fact that it's hard to know which answers to take seriously???
                  He's always played at yanking the fans' chains, so really, who knows? Although when he starts repeating himself with his answers (as he did with his hints about how the Weir storyline might have continued past GitM, which in turn inspired some of the ideas for her storyline in Atlantis Rising), it may be something worth looking at.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Seen on Twitter:

http://www.weirsicecream.com/index.php
                    (look at the history and who runs it now!)
                    sigpic

Comment

STORSGE CLOSETS!!!!!

Some of those kinos may have interesting, ahem, footage.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Seen on Twitter:

*cracks up* ZOMG, that's a funny coincidence!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        STORSGE CLOSETS!!!!!

Some of those kinos may have interesting, ahem, footage.
                        I spy a smut fic in the future...

Comment

My 2 cents about the promotion would be that I'd wait a bit longer, he never wanted to be "The Man" anyway.
                          Even though I think he deserves it, I always like the idea of Shep being the rebel, the underdog fighting TPTB(OK, maybe I'm projecting MY workplace fantasies here....sorry).
                          Remember that John got promoted at the beginning of S2 which would now be 4 years at that rank. It's a bit early but considering what he's done in the meantime not unheard of. And being military commander of a base like Atlantis would definitely be a Colonel's job. But since it's fiction we can explain it any way we want.

I like this idea, especially the flashback part. Plus I'm thinking John should receive a few medals. If Cam got the Medal of Honor, John certainly should also.
                          Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          It's not because it's scifi that it's not necessary to be a bit realistic. It's maybe why I didn't like the last season.
                          But for the promotion, I'm ok with it. But please, give a promotion to Lorne.lol

Why not promote Lorne at the start of the season? That would get John thinking about the subject, at least subconsciously, throughout the season. We have no solid info on Lorne, or when he was promoted, so it wouldn't really be in violation of anything. Again, it if works, do what you want, but I vote for leaving it as long as is practicable for Shep. But you're right, it would alter the end of season debate about who gets to be the leader (Shep v Weir).

Yes, Lorne is waaaayyy overdue. I think we can get some good jokes from Ronon about John's promotion also. "A bird colonel? What the hell does that mean?" Then he tells some elaborate story about how on Sateda the ranks were named after weapons. LOL
                          Although I assume they would've had that convo, at least in private, when both Carter and Shep were Colonels. Or when any of the other Colonels turned up. But we never got to see it, so it didn't happen *shrugs*

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

In GitM? I figured they were just going to leave it uncertain as to whether or not GitM Weir was the real Weir or just another duplicate, to tie into that idea Mallozzi had floated around after TMC aired and then again after SGA was canceled about how the Replicators could've been hiding the real Weir somewhere else and were lying about it, blah blah blah. Of course, that's the way it ended up anyway...
                          Ah. A pity they never mentioned that on screen either - a convo about whether there were more Weirs out there.

Lorne so needs a promotion. I agree, though, I don't quite like the idea of them both being light colonels at the same time, either. I actually would like to see John's promotion come as close to the end of the season as we can make it, so after Gravity sounds good.

Just to add to that, there's also the variable of years in the service. In "Sunday" we got to see John's various medals and awards on his dress uniform; one of them is the Longevity Service Award, which is awarded for every four years of service. John has the ribbon plus three bronze leaves, so if all his awards are up to date, that means that as of "Sunday" he had been in the Air Force for at least 16 years and possibly as many as 19. I have Sunday tentatively placed in the late autumn of 2006; if we go by the 16 year mark, then he'd be around 19-20 years by the time we get to the second half of Season 6 (which I'm assuming will be in 2010?), which is a little early for John to get a promotion. If we go by the 19 year mark, then he'd be around 22-23 years in 2010, which is right on the outer edge of the "zone" for him to get the promotion.

I LOVE IT! That's a fantastic idea; I love the use of the flashback/flashforward here, too.

At the very least the Silver Star, or better yet, the Air Force Cross. I think one of the reasons why they gave Cam the MoH was because he almost died in Antarctica and no one expected him to recover. One doesn't have to die to get the MoH, but it's become far less common in recent years to award it to someone still living.

*snerks*

LOL!

Okay, we so have to put that exchange into the episode!

*snickers* I remember reading one fic where Stargate Command had people saving up their injury reports to turn in for a Purple Heart, almost like turning in cereal box tops for a mail-in prize, because there were just so many injuries in the line of duty that if they did the awards the normal way, it would attract waaaay too much attention.
                          Another medal is a good option, maybe even do it at the start of the season in recognition of EatG (and promote Lorne) and mention that it is too early to do it for Shep then. But stay away from the MoH - the was a bit of a controversy with Mitchell, given that Hammond's order of "defend that scout ship at all costs" was the impetus for his action. [As an aside, Hammond was ready to kill everyone on the Prometheus to complete his mission, surely that should've gotten some recognition]. But as you say, perhaps they awarded it to him because they thought he was going to die

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Not sure exactly but sometime after Season 10. We know from John's congratulating her that Sam's promotion was shortly before she took command of Atlantis. Sam and Cam are both wearing Eagles on their flight suits in Continum so the latest Cam would have been promoted was while Sam was in Atlantis. My guess is that both of them were promoted (and probably got some new medals) after the Ori were defeated.
                          Spoiler:
                          I never noticed their insignia on their uniforms, good catch. I guess they had to promote him, else she would've been the SG1 acting leader. Plus he'd been doing goodness knows what else in the meantime. I wonder what he does now - 2IC SGC? Commander of the Oddessy?

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for JM to read this thread. I would take his stuff on Shep/Lorne to be true. I doubt they'd see the need to promote Shep - maybe it'd come at the end of Extinction?
                          Last edited by gateraid; 20 July 2010, 02:14 AM. Reason: unintended gay joke re JM/Shep/Lorne - always check spelling before posting
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Why not promote Lorne at the start of the season? That would get John thinking about the subject, at least subconsciously, throughout the season. We have no solid info on Lorne, or when he was promoted, so it wouldn't really be in violation of anything. Again, it if works, do what you want, but I vote for leaving it as long as is practicable for Shep. But you're right, it would alter the end of season debate about who gets to be the leader (Shep v Weir).

Although I assume they would've had that convo, at least in private, when both Carter and Shep were Colonels. Or when any of the other Colonels turned up. But we never got to see it, so it didn't happen *shrugs*

Ah. A pity they never mentioned that on screen either - a convo about whether there were more Weirs out there.

Another medal is a good option, maybe even do it at the start of the season in recognition of EatG (and promote Lorne) and mention that it is too early to do it for Shep then. But stay away from the MoH - the was a bit of a controversy with Mitchell, given that Hammond's order of "defend that scout ship at all costs" was the impetus for his action. [As an aside, Hammond was ready to kill everyone on the Prometheus to complete his mission, surely that should've gotten some recognition]. But as you say, perhaps they awarded it to him because they thought he was going to die

Spoiler:
                            I never noticed their insignia on their uniforms, good catch. I guess they had to promote him, else she would've been the SG1 acting leader. Plus he'd been doing goodness knows what else in the meantime. I wonder what he does now - 2IC SGC? Commander of the Oddessy?

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for JM to read this thread. I would take his stiff on Shep/Lorne to be true. I doubt they'd see the need to promote Shep - maybe it'd come at the end of Extinction?
                            Agree with everything in the bold.
                            Cam
                            Spoiler:
                            I always pictured him being commander of the oddessy
                            sigpic

Comment

Glad you got back home safely. Now you can get back into the swing of Sparky.
                              Who says I ever got out of the swing of Sparky?
                              I did spend some time writing fic... and oh yeah... there was that con that Torri attended

Kris! *glomps* Glad you're back home safe (even though the flight sucked).

Oh, and I got the Atlantis Rising cards in the mail today! Great timing!
                              Thx!! I'd say: it's good to be home, but I already miss NY so much
                              and yay for the cards You know what to do with them

Seen on Twitter:

Bwahahahaha!!!! That is so awesome!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Seen on Twitter:

Nancy & Michael - there's a pairing I'd never considered......

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                Agree with everything in the bold.
                                Cam
                                Spoiler:
                                I always pictured him being commander of the oddessy
                                The promotion later on could also be hand waved with the addition of a few more SG teams, or add them at the start of the season and say the promotion is in recognition of that, plus his record. Regardless, if you plan on seperating Atlantis from Earth, extra manpower couldn't hurt.

Cam

Spoiler:
                                That's probably where he is. They kinda left it open after AoT as to who was the actual commander of that ship. Although hopefully he's progressed past "make it go"

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Who says I ever got out of the swing of Sparky?
                                I did spend some time writing fic... and oh yeah... there was that con that Torri attended

Thx!! I'd say: it's good to be home, but I already miss NY so much
                                and yay for the cards You know what to do with them

Bwahahahaha!!!! That is so awesome!!!
                                Oh yeah, that con....fairly quiet affair, no?

Re SGU/SGA crossover

Spoiler:
                                From what I've gathered from comments, it's likely to be a combination of doctors - McKay for sure, plus either Dr Zelenka, Dr Keller, Dr Beckett, or an outside chance of Dr Carter. Woolsey is more likely than Carter though, given TPTB's love of the actor and his need to be there for ?Wray? is it (the IOA rep)
                                Last edited by gateraid; 20 July 2010, 02:49 AM. Reason: SGA/SGU Xover
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X