Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Hrm. I don't know what to think. I'm a little afraid of what they might do to Atlantis here. I cross my fingers there's not enough time to get down and dirty into the personal lives of people.

Although it is funny they're considering moving SG Command to Atlantis, since that's what we're considering for eppies 1 & 2.
    Yeah, you know they are going to frak it up. I think everybody just jumps on any news these days like a duck on a June bug. But if it establishes new canon and does an end run around those ridiculous books, I'm happy. We can sort out the details later.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      *giggles*

So it looks like the little booming noise that woke me up this morning was a 3.6 earthquake. Hum? Hello California. No reports of damage or injuries. I could make a lot of jokes right now but you can fill in the blanks.
      what part of cali was it in cause where I live in the San Joaquin valley i didn't feel it.

Comment

Yeah, you know they are going to frak it up. I think everybody just jumps on any news these days like a duck on a June bug. But if it establishes new canon and does an end run around those ridiculous books, I'm happy. We can sort out the details later.
        I guess for me it depends on what canon it establishes. I could give a flip about those books because they're not and never will be anything close to canon, at least no more than other fanfiction. It's just MGM sanctioning it, not the show. But this is, and I feel like a crossover is a little more dangerous, because they could give us slice of life which could screw with a lot of things.

Ignore me. I'm anxious and itchy today. I hope it's the positive y'all think it is.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Are any of you here torrealis or know her on Twitter?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm behind. What JM said? Why you are all dancing? I did a resume.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ya'll had a party without me! Oh well, never too late.
              Don't worry, we still have champagne... mimosas, anyone?

Is any other of TPTB going to be there? Ask them? Oh, didn't I read that RCC is moderating the SGU panel? You can ask him what he thinks about the books.
              I was considering it...

*giggles*

So it looks like the little booming noise that woke me up this morning was a 3.6 earthquake. Hum? Hello California. No reports of damage or injuries. I could make a lot of jokes right now but you can fill in the blanks.
              *snickers*

Hrm. I don't know what to think. I'm a little afraid of what they might do to Atlantis here. I cross my fingers there's not enough time to get down and dirty into the personal lives of people.

Although it is funny they're considering moving SG Command to Atlantis, since that's what we're considering for eppies 1 & 2.
              That brings up something I was thinking about last night... what will this do to our plans for Atlantis Rising? Since one of our aims is to stay consistent with canon, are we going to try to adjust our story to fit with this episode, or are we going to proceed with our current plan to diverge around the SGU Season 1-2 break?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Don't worry, we still have champagne... mimosas, anyone?

I was considering it...

*snickers*

That brings up something I was thinking about last night... what will this do to our plans for Atlantis Rising? Since one of our aims is to stay consistent with canon, are we going to try to adjust our story to fit with this episode, or are we going to proceed with our current plan to diverge around the SGU Season 1-2 break?
                I think we have to go ahead as planned. We are only a virtual series, after all. If this significantly alters canon (if John is in a relationship with Nancy, if Atlantis is the new SGC, if McKeller are married) then it's a risk we have to take. But we can't wait until episode 16, which probably won't come out until, what--March of 2011? to put our planning on hold. Since our first episodes sends Atlantis back, we're already running into a problem with this new canon.

Comment

I think we have to go ahead as planned. We are only a virtual series, after all. If this significantly alters canon (if John is in a relationship with Nancy, if Atlantis is the new SGC, if McKeller are married) then it's a risk we have to take. But we can't wait until episode 16, which probably won't come out until, what--March of 2011? to put our planning on hold. Since our first episodes sends Atlantis back, we're already running into a problem with this new canon.
                  Honestly, I don't think too very much is going to be altered... Mallozzi spoke of needing to make changes to the timeline for the movie, but didn't say anything about the movie being scrapped completely. So I'm guessing that the planned return to Pegasus that he and Mullie planned for Extinction will still happen, but that it may be pushed back to accommodate the events of Seizure. Of course, based on some of the comments he's previously made about there being a reason why we didn't see anyone from Atlantis in SGU Season 1, I wonder if perhaps the plan for Extinction was to leave Atlantis mostly cut off from Earth again, and that it's the timetable for reconnecting with Earth that's being pushed up to allow Seizure to happen. If that's the case, we may not be so badly off. Hmm...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well heck, it's such a great day to be a Sparky. Let's dance!

Spoiler:
                    Yo, damnit! You just beat me to it.

Okay, let's try another one:

Spoiler:
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      Are any of you here torrealis or know her on Twitter?
                      I know her on LJ. What's up with her?
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        what part of cali was it in cause where I live in the San Joaquin valley i didn't feel it.
                        I live in Virginia near Washington DC. The quake was centered up in Rockville, Maryland about an hour north of me. I was just teasing California.

I agree. We can't wait and who knows how much of what he said will happen.

I am now very amused because someone replied to Kris's comment on the blog assurring her that no author has said she is breaking up that canon couple. OMG. ROTFLMAO. Out of the loop much?
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Honestly, I don't think too very much is going to be altered... Mallozzi spoke of needing to make changes to the timeline for the movie, but didn't say anything about the movie being scrapped completely. So I'm guessing that the planned return to Pegasus that he and Mullie planned for Extinction will still happen, but that it may be pushed back to accommodate the events of Seizure. Of course, based on some of the comments he's previously made about there being a reason why we didn't see anyone from Atlantis in SGU Season 1, I wonder if perhaps the plan for Extinction was to leave Atlantis mostly cut off from Earth again, and that it's the timetable for reconnecting with Earth that's being pushed up to allow Seizure to happen. If that's the case, we may not be so badly off. Hmm...
                          I hope not. I know they're keeping the movie in mind, and truthfully not many of their crossover stuff alters show canon too much (I mean, they even cut the S/J stuff they intended, and Sam was a regular cast member). I hope I'm being paranoid for nothing.

Comment

I live in Virginia near Washington DC. The quake was centered up in Rockville, Maryland about an hour north of me. I was just teasing California.

I agree. We can't wait and who knows how much of what he said will happen.

I am now very amused because someone replied to Kris's comment on the blog assurring her that no author has said she is breaking up that canon couple. OMG. ROTFLMAO. Out of the loop much?
                            *cackles*

I hope not. I know they're keeping the movie in mind, and truthfully not many of their crossover stuff alters show canon too much (I mean, they even cut the S/J stuff they intended, and Sam was a regular cast member). I hope I'm being paranoid for nothing.
                            You know, I just had a thought. I haven't started my SGU watch yet (I'm going to have to this weekend to get ready for the SGU panel at Comic-Con a week from today), but I wonder if it's possible that SGU Season 1 could take place a year after EatG? (I know the original plan was that Air happens days to weeks after EatG/Extinction, but with the new changes, who knows?) Which would mean it would be starting not too long before we plan to cut Atlantis off at the end of Season 6, thus explaining why there's no Atlantis characters in SGU S1. Hmm... stay tuned on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              I know her on LJ. What's up with her?
                              I think she got some good news from Martin Firrell that she might want to post!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                I think she got some good news from Martin Firrell that she might want to post!
                                Ooooh? *perks up* I think I've got a good guess what that might be...

Comment

Working...
                                X