No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeee, Rising Part 2 is on SyFy right now!

John had such a baby face back then... he must've only been shaving regularly because that hard-ass Sumner was there.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

John just brought the refugees back from Athos, and Atlantis is rising! Whee!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        John just brought the refugees back from Athos, and Atlantis is rising! Whee!
        And it's cool watching it rise in HD

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          And it's cool watching it rise in HD
          In HD, in surround sound... Stand tall and shake the heavens!

Comment

I remember watching it back in 2004 with surrond sound when surrond sound was still new.

Comment

their first little fight. you'll never forget ur first.

Comment

their first little fight. you'll never forget ur first.
                *snickers*

Comment

Eeee, Rising Part 2 is on SyFy right now!

John had such a baby face back then... he must've only been shaving regularly because that hard-ass Sumner was there.
                  Lol, I always think that too when I watch 'Rising'
                  Baby face!!!!
                  I think Joe is one of those lucky men who grow more handsome with age...

Now I want to go buy the BluRay version

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    Lol, I always think that too when I watch 'Rising'
                    Baby face!!!!
                    I think Joe is one of those lucky men who grow more handsome with age...
                    Yes, he is.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    Now I want to go buy the BluRay version
                    That's the only reason I'd get it... though I haven't.

Comment

'Gateship One'? *snorts* And the irony being that Gateship was indeed the Ancients' name for them.

John's got the right idea with 'Puddle Jumper' though. A ship is a vessel that is large enough to carry smaller vessels on it. The Puddle Jumpers aren't that big. Therefore, they cannot be called ships.

Comment

I think I'm going to be sick
                        I already am ...

Guess JG really hates Sheppard and the others, to twist them and kill canon that way.
                        The fact that MGM authorizes her to do so, really makes me sick ... I'm depressed.
                        I go back watching Bones and forget about Stargate until I'm not angry anymore ...

Comment

Little sidenote that dinosaur head prop was in stargate the movie and in Sg-1's children of the gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Just a few.
                            Just a few... and three-quarters.

Do you mean ask the author?
                            No, my fellow Teyla fans. I don't actually have that much courage.

I'm sure you'd get the usual spin on how she's continuing the story and expanding the backgrounds and staying oh so close to canon because after all she respects and loves and honors the whole SGA 'verse.
                            Probably. Going by what I received as answers so far anyway...

What these books are going to do goes far beyond retconning, that's for sure.
                            Retconning - what does that mean exactly? I've seen it pop up before but I've never been entirely sure what it means.

Stick with the books that were written by Whitelaw and Christensen; Chosen was okay, Blood Ties was a little cracky but still fun, Exogenesis was pretty cool, and Casualties of War kicked ass (and won an award, too).
                            Always good to know. Thanks.

The lovers of gen-style storytelling will not be so amused, however. I can just see the bloodbath coming now...
                            Oh, how much fun the fanwank will be...

A ship is a vessel that is large enough to carry smaller vessels on it. The Puddle Jumpers aren't that big. Therefore, they cannot be called ships.
                            LOL!!

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                            Guess JG really hates Sheppard and the others, to twist them and kill canon that way.
                            Or love them so much she wants to be them. *shrug* A bit like TPTW of SGA.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                            I go back watching Bones and forget about Stargate until I'm not angry anymore ...
                            Not angry anymore - that may take a while. I'm still pretty p'd off about what they did to Atlantis in 4 and 5 (offing my third favorite character, killing my favorite and ignoring my second favorite doesn't help the cause of course).
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I remember seeing the wraith sucker for the first time and It creeped me out. I was 14 yrs old and seeing a guy get the life sucked outta Him was not pretty

Comment

You darn well better check in! Burning up the forum just won't be as much fun without you! LOL!

A cruise, eh? Where are you going?

You mean a big event besides my birthday and Halloween? *snickers*

You and me both!
                                I think she's going to the Mediterranean--a make-up for the Florida holiday that got snowed in...

FH, as an added bonus Teyla has some good roles in Exogenesis and I think The Chosen. She's a little tougher in Halcyon but I don't really remember, it wasn't one of my favorites. She's nifty in Mirror, Mirror, but it's a little Spanky heavy but it's a little OOC for some of them. Um, I also don't really remember the one where they meet the Wraith AU people--SK? I know she was prominent in that one, too.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X