No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legacy Novels: so she's just going to interact with Rodney and teyla? no John/Elizabeth scenes?

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the season 6 u guys are putting together and im sorry if i talk about the novels here lol. i'm just a really big book person, and i love reading tie-in novels for my favorite shows/movies. And since the movies are on hold/not going to happen, i was really looking forward to reading about what came after eatg. But i want the novels to build on what was already established by the show, i dont want to read about a canon relationship ending (any canon relationship) and i certaintly dont want a canon relationship to end just to satisfy an authors shipper adgenda. If the author wanted to ship characters that werent already in a relationship in order to bring them to a "healthy" place emotionally, they can create an oc for that or bring back nancy since i cant see why mgm wouldnt allow that. Lol sorry for the ramble.
      Last edited by VampyreWraith; 02 June 2010, 04:13 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Everybody knows that Teyla and Kate were lo... wait, that's not canon either. Nevermind.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          Legacy Novels: so she's just going to interact with Rodney and teyla? no John/Elizabeth scenes?
          I'm not sure , the author said that she didnt want to be spoil too much. But i remember a while back she said that elizabeth would only be around in a flashback because mgm wouldn't let her bring back elizabeth but now it seems that we are going to get a non corporeal elizabeth but its supposed to be the real one not just a flashback or hallucination
          Last edited by VampyreWraith; 02 June 2010, 04:11 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Everybody knows that Teyla and Kate were lo... wait, that's not canon either. Nevermind.

I can see that more that the other ship, and in all honesty wouldve perfered that
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

*snickers and huggles the lemming*

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              I'm really looking forward to the season 6 u guys are putting together and im sorry if i talk about the novels here lol. i'm just a really big book person, and i love reading tie-in novels for my favorite shows/movies. And since the movies are on hold/not going to happen, i was really looking forward to reading about what came after eatg. But i want the novels to build on what was already established by the show, i dont want to read about a canon relationship ending and i certaintly dont want a canon relationship to end just to satisfy an authors shipper adgenda. If the author wanted to ship characters that werent already in a relationship in order to make bring them to a "healthy" place emotionally, they can create an oc for that. Lol sorry for the ramble.
              The thing is, I used to be a big tie-in reader. Emphasis on that 'used to be.' What I want to see in a tie-in is adherence to canon and not screwing around pushing agendas that fly in the face of canon and what the fans want to see. It's become very clear over the past several months that these books are not going to adhere to canon, and will be pushing an unpopular agenda. Even more than that, the fact that MGM approved these books, despite the existence of a movie script that's supposed to cover the same ground of resolving the story at the end of the series, really has me disappointed in MGM's handling of the franchise. I may not like everything that TPTW has done with Atlantis, but they are still the arbiters of all things Stargate, and MGM Consumer Products should have deferred to them and waited for the situation with the movie to be resolved before moving forward with any post-series tie-in books, comics, audio dramas, etc. Confusing the fans with two (or more) conflicting stories is not in MGM's best interest, so why are they even doing it? The questionable nature of this project has soured me to tie-ins in general.

I'm not sure , the author said that she didnt want to be spoil too much. But i remember a while back she said that elizabeth would only be around in a flashback because mgm would let her bring back elizabeth but now it seems that we are going to get a non corporeal elizabeth but its supposed to be the real one not just a flashback or hallucination
              As I recall, someone asked her what the reason was for why Elizabeth wasn't coming back in the books, if it was a decision made by the authors or because MGM said they couldn't bring her back. To my knowledge, she never answered that question, so we don't know if it was MGM or not.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/44630.html#cutid1 this is what im talking about in regard to her saying that she couldnt bring elizabeth back it felt as though she was pinning it on mgm in one of her responses to a comment
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  I know I certainly didn't take her as seriously as I might have, because of the outlandish outfits.

It's like Anuna said; Weir looks like a real woman. She dresses and acts like a real woman, and because of that, I was able to relate to her character, as a real woman, rather than some stereotyped caricature.

Color for Elizabeth, or color for Teyla? I think we decided that when Elizabeth was off-duty, her colors would get gradually darker as we got to the end of the season, going to nearly black when we hit What Dreams May Come, as a visual cue of the 'darkening' of Elizabeth's mind and the return of her memories. I'm not sure we ever came up with a new color scheme for Teyla... I'd like to see her get away from the purples and into some earthier colors, like the green and gold coat she was wearing in Broken Ties that's currently up for auction. (and here's some screencaps of it here and here).

Ah, I love that poster!

Yup, Joe's an old-fashioned, chivalrous kind of guy, and he's given those same qualities to Sheppard. No cradle-robbing and no homewrecking.

Wow, 9200 x 1800? That's huge! And very, very nice. *snerches banner*
                  I was talking about new colors for Elizabeth but I'd go for a few new things for Teyla also.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  I've been a busy bee again
                  Made a hi-res version of the website banner.
                  You can find it HERE and if you want to download the hi-res version, just click on download above the pic.
                  If anyone sees anything that still looks off, let me know, cause I'm planning on getting it printed out, to hopefully, one day, get it signed by all the actors.
                  Thx!
                  Gorgeous as usual.

Legacy novels OT
                  Spoiler:
                  i just read that elizabeth will be making an appearance in the legacy books in. Shes supposed to be the real elizabeth, but not physically be there, and interact with rodney and teyla. My guess is that in her interaction with teyla she will be telling her to follow her heart in regards to john or something as the authors way to appease non j/t shippers to make it like elizabeth wants them to be together. Nothing the author has said actually says thats what will happen, but that would make sense if the author has an agenda. I really hope thats not the case though
                  That author does have an agenda and she makes no secret of it. I'm afraid the books will do exactly what we all fear. I will not be reading them even if they bring Elizabeth back. I can't believe MGM approved this story line. It completely ignores canon and panders to a tiny segment of fandom. Not a good way to sell books.

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/44630.html#cutid1 this is what im talking about in regard to her saying that she couldnt bring elizabeth back it felt as though she was pinning it on mgm in one of her responses to a comment
                  Sounds that way to me too. I wonder why the sudden change. But considering that in both TMC and GitM the connection between John and Elizabeth was front and center, if that's not true in the books then it destroys canon. I haven't heard anything about these books that doesn't make me want to completely ignore them. They're just bad fanfic.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*nods* That's the entry I was referring to earlier. She never says it was MGM's decision, she only says that they "can't" bring her back. It could just as easily be because she and the other authors decided they couldn't bring Weir back because her presence would pose a threat to a certain shipping agenda. *shrugs*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*nods* That's the entry I was referring to earlier. She never says it was MGM's decision, she only says that they "can't" bring her back. It could just as easily be because she and the other authors decided they couldn't bring Weir back because her presence would pose a threat to a certain shipping agenda. *shrugs*
                      Well, if she writes her like she did in her fanfic, I hope she doesn't bring her back. Is MGM really paying attention to this? Fanfic can be anything so I guess it will find it's niche audience. You'd think MGM would want to make a few $$$. They need the money.
                      sigpic

Comment

That could be it too, cuz she seems pretty adamant thats theres only one way that johns storyline can progress in a healthy way and make him whole and happy
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Well, if she writes her like she did in her fanfic, I hope she doesn't bring her back. Is MGM really paying attention to this? Fanfic can be anything so I guess it will find it's niche audience. You'd think MGM would want to make a few $$$. They need the money.

Well i think they have a preliminary outline of the whole thing not every detail and theres only one person approving all the mgm novels, maybe they missed it. one of the recent authors even had to rework some stuff before mgm gave final approval and one of them didnt even get approved and the novel may have been dropped
                          sigpic

Comment

Well i think they have a preliminary outline of the whole thing not every detail and theres only one person approving all the mgm novels, maybe they missed it. one of the recent authors even had to rework some stuff before mgm gave final approval and one of them didnt even get approved and the novel may have been dropped
                            Really? Where did you hear about that? From everything I've heard about this new series I think they should go back to the drawing board. They don't seem to know much about the characters.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Really? Where did you hear about that? From everything I've heard about this new series I think they should go back to the drawing board. They don't seem to know much about the characters.
                              Theres actually a stargate novels thread in the sg1 merchanside forum. One of the sg1 authors post there and he said theres only one person approving everything, and that he had to rework some stuff to keep it pg or something, on the atlantis authors lj page shes mentioned having to send stuff in for approval i think shes sent the first 2 books in so far but because of a back up at mgm it takes a while for final approval, she had to fix something in her season 2 novel after she turned it in,but that it wasnt content related. Also the sga author whos novel was scheduled to be released nov 2009 had his book taken off amazon recently and before that he posted something on the legacy authors lj page and she said that his book was being delayed for different reasons than her season 2 book. Nothing is really set in print until final approval
                              sigpic

Comment

Theres actually a stargate novels thread in the sg1 merchanside forum. One of the sg1 authors post there and he said theres only one person approving everything, and that he had to rework some stuff to keep it pg or something, on the atlantis authors lj page shes mentioned having to send stuff in for approval i think shes sent the first 2 books in so far but because of a back up at mgm it takes a while for final approval, she had to fix something in her season 2 novel after she turned it in,but that it wasnt content related. Also the sga author whos novel was scheduled to be released nov 2009 had his book taken off amazon recently and before that he posted something on the legacy authors lj page and she said that his book was being delayed for different reasons than her season 2 book. Nothing is really set in print until final approval
                                Oh, okay. I've read all that. I just thought you might have a new source. I read that author's LJ page. She's pretty transparent on what she intends to do. And her fan agenda is well known. I just wonder if MGM knows about it. The season 2 novel has also been delayed until Sept. I feel sorry for that poor MGM person trying to do all that reading. It's ridiculous to have only one person doing that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X