Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Anuna is here, trying to wrote. Anuna is also very very tired. Would someone write for me, huh?
    Read the PM I just sent you. That should make you perk up.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      All part of TPTW's plot to make Weir look unattractive, no doubt. It sure didn't work all that well when all of us keep saying how hot Weir is.

Depends on who the 'most people' are. There are plenty of people out there who find an endless parade of midriff-baring outfits boring.
      And it didnt really do teyla any favors cuz a lot of people just saw her as eye candy because of it. I mean everone needs to look sexy in a lace embroidered tank while taking out wraith with a p90
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, SR, that really did perk me up! I loved that! Ha ha!

On Weir looking old - I find she looked better as seasons progressed. She was so think in the beginning and to me it seemed that - whoever is in charge of that - they didn't know what to do with her looks. I think they went for strict, hard liner leader in S1, but as the season progressed Torri shaped her character into something completely different and there was no way back. They did her hair betterm she had softer makeup, and she gained some weight which looked great on her - just check her out in S3. She was so GORGEOUS then. *sigh*

i honestly like the way she looks - like a real woman, not a lingerie model. I prefer realistic, charismatic and non perfect to syntetic beauty any time. And what if her age shows? She isn't old, she is mature and I think that is a good thing. For heaven's sake, everyone ages. Even Joe/John. I always thought John is a kind of man who would seek out a woman who was his equal, and not some airheaded kirkette. Sorry Chaya. I think you'd be an entertainment for couple of days and then bye bye.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          And it didnt really do teyla any favors cuz a lot of people just saw her as eye candy because of it. I mean everone needs to look sexy in a lace embroidered tank while taking out wraith with a p90
          Personally, I would want something with a little more protection.

I think in our SS6 we need to give Teyla some nice new clothes. And we already talked about Elizabeth's new look. I forget what color we chose for her and am too lazy to look it up but I know it will be pretty.

We need to see the poster again with that wonderful word chosen for Sparky by Joe's new BFF Martin Ferrill. I hear they had quite the dinner together during the con. Lucky man. And we need another reminder that Joe loved our ideas for SS6 so much he shared them with David.

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Consider yourself lucky you weren't around in the bad old days when the Weir fans had to put up with the most atrocious posts you can imagine about her and as a result, Torri. Those people had a ship agenda. It wouldn't have mattered if Torri looked like a lingerie model, they still would have hated her. It left a bad taste in the mouths of all Weir fans and I'm afraid caused hard feelings that still hover around some posters. But I won't get too far into that old can of beans. *shudders*

Right now we are rolling on into Sparky World Summer month two. A belated Happy June to everyone.

I never got the thing about insulting an actor based on how tptb decided to write/dress/portray the character they are playing. Everyone should just be nice/respectful. Starting a "war" over ships or characters or tv shows or whatever is kinda pointless to me. I'm to lazy to argue about something thats just supposed to be for entertainment lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Oh, SR, that really did perk me up! I loved that! Ha ha!

On Weir looking old - I find she looked better as seasons progressed. She was so think in the beginning and to me it seemed that - whoever is in charge of that - they didn't know what to do with her looks. I think they went for strict, hard liner leader in S1, but as the season progressed Torri shaped her character into something completely different and there was no way back. They did her hair betterm she had softer makeup, and she gained some weight which looked great on her - just check her out in S3. She was so GORGEOUS then. *sigh*

i honestly like the way she looks - like a real woman, not a lingerie model. I prefer realistic, charismatic and non perfect to syntetic beauty any time. And what if her age shows? She isn't old, she is mature and I think that is a good thing. For heaven's sake, everyone ages. Even Joe/John. I always thought John is a kind of man who would seek out a woman who was his equal, and not some airheaded kirkette. Sorry Chaya. I think you'd be an entertainment for couple of days and then bye bye.
              Which once again brings us back to Joe's comments that women improve with age. I am so glad to hear him say that because so many actors seem to find younger and younger women as they get older until they end up dating their granddaughters. LOL I just don't see him doing that. And he wouldn't like it for John either.
              sigpic

Comment

I've been a busy bee again
                Made a hi-res version of the website banner.
                You can find it HERE and if you want to download the hi-res version, just click on download above the pic.
                If anyone sees anything that still looks off, let me know, cause I'm planning on getting it printed out, to hopefully, one day, get it signed by all the actors.
                Thx!

Sig by me

Comment

I know I certainly didn't take her as seriously as I might have, because of the outlandish outfits.

It's like Anuna said; Weir looks like a real woman. She dresses and acts like a real woman, and because of that, I was able to relate to her character, as a real woman, rather than some stereotyped caricature.

Personally, I would want something with a little more protection.

I think in our SS6 we need to give Teyla some nice new clothes. And we already talked about Elizabeth's new look. I forget what color we chose for her and am too lazy to look it up but I know it will be pretty.
                  Color for Elizabeth, or color for Teyla? I think we decided that when Elizabeth was off-duty, her colors would get gradually darker as we got to the end of the season, going to nearly black when we hit What Dreams May Come, as a visual cue of the 'darkening' of Elizabeth's mind and the return of her memories. I'm not sure we ever came up with a new color scheme for Teyla... I'd like to see her get away from the purples and into some earthier colors, like the green and gold coat she was wearing in Broken Ties that's currently up for auction. (and here's some screencaps of it here and here).

We need to see the poster again with that wonderful word chosen for Sparky by Joe's new BFF Martin Ferrill. I hear they had quite the dinner together during the con. Lucky man. And we need another reminder that Joe loved our ideas for SS6 so much he shared them with David.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...6a21b6a0b5.jpg
                  Ah, I love that poster!

Which once again brings us back to Joe's comments that women improve with age. I am so glad to hear him say that because so many actors seem to find younger and younger women as they get older until they end up dating their granddaughters. LOL I just don't see him doing that. And he wouldn't like it for John either.
                  Yup, Joe's an old-fashioned, chivalrous kind of guy, and he's given those same qualities to Sheppard. No cradle-robbing and no homewrecking.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  I've been a busy bee again
                  Made a hi-res version of the website banner.
                  You can find it HERE and if you want to download the hi-res version, just click on download above the pic.
                  If anyone sees anything that still looks off, let me know, cause I'm planning on getting it printed out, to hopefully, one day, get it signed by all the actors.
                  Thx!
                  Wow, 9200 x 1800? That's huge! And very, very nice. *snerches banner*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yup, Joe's an old-fashioned, chivalrous kind of guy, and he's given those same qualities to Sheppard. No cradle-robbing and no homewrecking.

And I love that about him
                    sigpic

Comment

Color for Elizabeth, or color for Teyla? I think we decided that when Elizabeth was off-duty, her colors would get gradually darker as we got to the end of the season, going to nearly black when we hit What Dreams May Come, as a visual cue of the 'darkening' of Elizabeth's mind and the return of her memories. I'm not sure we ever came up with a new color scheme for Teyla... I'd like to see her get away from the purples and into some earthier colors, like the green and gold coat she was wearing in Broken Ties that's currently up for auction. (and here's some screencaps of it here and here).
                      Oh, I love that idea of Elizabeth's colors darkening as the show progresses. Awesome idea!!

Wow, 9200 x 1800? That's huge! And very, very nice. *snerches banner*
                      Lol, yup it is pretty huge... perfect for printing and signing ;^)

Sig by me

Comment

Legacy novels OT
                        Spoiler:
                        i just read that elizabeth will be making an appearance in the legacy books in. Shes supposed to be the real elizabeth, but not physically be there, and interact with rodney and teyla. My guess is that in her interaction with teyla she will be telling her to follow her heart in regards to john or something as the authors way to appease non j/t shippers to make it like elizabeth wants them to be together. Nothing the author has said actually says thats what will happen, but that would make sense if the author has an agenda. I really hope thats not the case though
                        sigpic

Comment

And I love that about him
                          We all do.

Oh, I love that idea of Elizabeth's colors darkening as the show progresses. Awesome idea!!
                          What can I say? We're a bunch of literary geeks who like pulling clever little teasers like that to amuse the audience.

Lol, yup it is pretty huge... perfect for printing and signing ;^)
                          You betcha!

Legacy novels OT
                          Spoiler:
                          i just read that elizabeth will be making an appearance in the legacy books in. Shes supposed to be the real elizabeth, but not physically be there, and interact with rodney and teyla. My guess is that in her interaction with teyla she will be telling her to follow her heart in regards to john or something as the authors way to appease non j/t shippers to make it like elizabeth wants them to be together. Nothing the author has said actually says thats what will happen, but that would make sense if the author has an agenda. I really hope thats not the case though
                          I just saw that as well. Given some of the other things she's said about Elizabeth, this sounds like it's going to be nothing more than the same kind of nonsensical games that TPTW played with Weir on the series. Between that and the apparent effort to once again ignore the canon-established personal connection between John and Elizabeth, I am even more unimpressed with Legacy. So much for her claim that the books will adhere to canon.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;11566596

I just saw that as well. Given some of the other things she's said about Elizabeth, this sounds like it's going to be nothing more than the same kind of nonsensical games that TPTW played with Weir on the series. Between that and the apparent effort to once again ignore the canon-established personal connection between John and Elizabeth, I am even more unimpressed with Legacy. So much for her claim that the books will adhere to canon. [/QUOTE]

I'm more afraid that shell acknowledge the connection or make it like weir always had a thing for john but that he didnt feel that same about her and that shes always known/felt that hes always had a thing for teyla or some nonsense. Im about to throw up just thinking about this senario
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think I remember the darkening color scheme idea. And I think as far as specifics go, we'd also decided to put her in more teals and purples.

I like the earthy colors idea for Teyla, too.
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I'm more afraid that shell acknowledge the connection or make it like weir always had a thing for john but that he didnt feel that same about her and that shes always known/felt that hes always had a thing for teyla or some nonsense. Im about to throw up just thinking about this senario
                                If she tries to play it like that, then she won't be acknowledging the connection, she'll be spitting in the face of canon. *shudders*

Best to not think about it and instead concentrate on the REAL Season 6 that we're putting together.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Yeah, I think I remember the darkening color scheme idea. And I think as far as specifics go, we'd also decided to put her in more teals and purples.

I like the earthy colors idea for Teyla, too.
                                Which reminds me, I need to play with some costume renderings. After I finish my 'Echoes' homework, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X