No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert for continuity/detail hoarders: A new round of Stargate props has just been put up for auction on eBay, including the medical ID bracelet worn by Elizabeth Weir while she was in the mental hospital during the episode The Real World, which reveals Weir's blood type as O negative.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      God Bless Joe Flanigan!

Comment

Good morning!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        *sniff* Finally saw Adrift.....and
        you all know that I adore Elizabeth....but GRRRRRR.....I'm SO mad at Rodney....I understand the inclination toward not wanting her to die and all but .....ugh....*sigh*....
        I can't even articulate it.....(and I know I knew what was going to happen already but still.....I kinda wish John and decked him)
        We all now how you feel. *pets arm and hands some valerian tea*

Alert for continuity/detail hoarders: A new round of Stargate props has just been put up for auction on eBay, including the medical ID bracelet worn by Elizabeth Weir while she was in the mental hospital during the episode The Real World, which reveals Weir's blood type as O negative.
        Hah! 0 negative is the best blood type there is!

Where is everyone?

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Where is everyone? The East Coasters (SR, Eri) are no doubt asleep, and getting close to midnight out here on the West Coast, so... yeah. Kinda the slow time right now.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          Hah! 0 negative is the best blood type there is!
          Universal donor. Of course, it sucks if you need a transfusion, because that's all you can take.

Anyway, I'm off to bed! Have a good day, and I'll see you in a few hours!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning. I'm awake. Boy that auction is really depressing me. I see John's leather coat and Ronon's long coat are also up. I guess they could do a movie without those but the part of the actual city like lights and wall panels are pretty necessary. This isn't just the last nail in the coffin, this is the last shovel of dirt on the grave. We'll never get a movie now and there will be no more canon. Good and bad news I guess.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Good morning. I'm awake. Boy that auction is really depressing me. I see John's leather coat and Ronon's long coat are also up. I guess they could do a movie without those but the part of the actual city like lights and wall panels are pretty necessary. This isn't just the last nail in the coffin, this is the last shovel of dirt on the grave. We'll never get a movie now and there will be no more canon. Good and bad news I guess.
              Yeah, not good news. Maybe it's old/broken/unused stuff. Shep's bomber was never worn on screen. Hell If I knew it wouldn't be long on me (I get the feeling Shep is a good 4"-5" or 10.16 cm to 12.7 cm taller than me) I'd probably bid on it. It's a pretty sharp jacket.

ETA: O'Neill's dogtags too. Yeah, I think the franchise is done.
              Last edited by pkprd869; 01 February 2010, 05:24 AM.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

On ATA, Replicators & Ancient Tech: Replicators can use Ancient Tech (see The Return). Remember they were created by the Ancients to help them fight the Wraith so there would have been no reason to block them. I imagine the nanites have an artificial/mechanical version of ATA.

So Elizabeth, probably post First Strike but definitely once Oberoth fully activated her nanites, would have the ability to use the tech, and that should still be true with whatever form of nanites remain in her after Carson/Jennifer/Jeannie/Rodney "fix" her.

Potential lighter B plot for a late season episode - John teaching Elizabeth to pilot a jumper.
                DDC

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                  Just one idea came to my mind about a way to fight Elizabeth's nanites.
                  John Sheppard during TRW wasn't attacked by them when he touched Elizabeth, because "they were too focused on her", he says. But ... what if it was Sheppard's ATA gene to keep them far from him?

This might be a way to:
                  - inject Elizabeth with a boosted ATA gene to cure her and slowly start to kill her nanites
                  - provide her with the ability to use the ancient technology, but ... at first THIS is what causes Elizabeth to connect to the city and lock it down
                  In the end, after a lot of trouble, nanites die, Elizabeth is saved, and she keeps the ATA gene
                  What do you think about it?

P.S.: ATA's gene capability to keep nanites down could be a failsafe created by the Ancients to avoid being infected by nanites against their will ...
                  Hmmm. It's an interesting proposition, but so many things have happened to gene and non-gene characters that I wonder if it wouldn't be hard to prove. After all, both John and Jack, though strong, could still be manipulated by the nanites. They just weren't infected. And then the problem of the nanites rewriting their code to attack everyone (writing out the Ancient failsafe that was supposed to keep all Ancients safe) has to be taken into account as well. I don't know how an DNA sequence would be preventative for a programmable computer, unless it was programmed that way to begin with (as in "Hot Zone").

Thoughts? Anyone who knowns nanite canon?

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Okay, so since we've got our episode list now, I guess I'll proceed with the trailer. I've got a question though.

How much should I show of Elizabeth? Should there be clips of her throughout, or just a dun-dun-DUN! moment at the end?
                  Same goes with the Replicators. Do we want to show the block spiders?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
                  My vote is to show the block spiders (cuz people would be like WTF?) But don't show Elizabeth--on only use Franibeth in the end 'dun-dun-dun' moment. No Torri, that'll be a big surprise.

I only wear grey on the bottom because it doesn't go with my skin tone. I'm an autumn...oranges, browns, neutrals. But lately I've started wearing a bit of red. And these are the important things.

So blog your day. With pics. What perfume are you wearing? What did you have for lunch? Do you have snow? Me, I just did my early online checkin at our Disney resort. These have got to be the most organized people on the face of the planet. They put me to shame. I want them to come and just run my life. *OMG!flails*

And here's an important thing: Do you guys realize that this whole season 6 thing was basically Joe Flanigan's idea? Remember the conversation he had with SK at the Burbank con? She has all the details but essentially he said if we could come up with the money he was ready to do our version of S6. There was even talk of rescuing Elizabeth and an in person woobie face. So we just want to thank Joe for the great idea and look at us go with it! *ebil laugh*
                  *toast to Joe* Someday, when we've really got this ball rolling, we should write/contact him and let him see where his handiwork led.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  Ok sparkies, I need help. I've been developing notes for "Run Through the Jungle" and need some help. Like what to name the people on the planet. I'm terrible with that stuff. Oh, and I'm having trouble deciding on what the aliens want from Atlantis. Something funny like 5,234 tons of green M & M's or something serious like medicines? I'll have to go rewatch "Inquisition" (Always reminds me of "History of the World Part I" with that title) to prepare for Lizzie vs. PC story.
                  "At the Inquisition...at the inquisition"--I love that movie.

Hmmm...maybe they're a planet caught between the Wraith and the PC war and they want weapons to defend themselves? Or because of the war they are short on medicine and supplies, which they normally get from other races that are being affected? Lack of medical supplies is a typically good one because it generally means people are super desperate.

It IS depressing. Sad, really, because it's a little underhanded, too. Did they announce they're auctioning off items anywhere? That it was parts of the Atlantis set?

I can't listen to music mixes (I'm at work, it may be weekend before I can download them) but I'm sure they're great!
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                    On ATA, Replicators & Ancient Tech: Replicators can use Ancient Tech (see The Return). Remember they were created by the Ancients to help them fight the Wraith so there would have been no reason to block them. I imagine the nanites have an artificial/mechanical version of ATA.

So Elizabeth, probably post First Strike but definitely once Oberoth fully activated her nanites, would have the ability to use the tech, and that should still be true with whatever form of nanites remain in her after Carson/Jennifer/Jeannie/Rodney "fix" her.

Potential lighter B plot for a late season episode - John teaching Elizabeth to pilot a jumper.
                    Ha! Jinx post--thanks for the update.

And I like that twist, her still having nanites, but they're to her advantage now.

LOVE that B plot idea--that's fantastic! *claps*
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Runs in......

*thinks someone ought to drop a line to real-life Mr. Joe F about our Season 6*

Runs out.....
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        Runs in......

*thinks someone ought to drop a line to real-life Mr. Joe F about our Season 6*

Runs out.....
                        Do we know anyone who's going to the Vancouver con in April? He needs to know that his ideas are taken seriously. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The last I heard, the Atlantis Gateroom set was still up, though they did strike a bit of the corridor sets to make room for the new sets for SGU. It could be that these pieces are from the struck sets, while the really unique sets are still up. Though the fact that puddle jumper parts have been put up for sale is a little disconcerting, as I thought they had only one PJ interior.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          It IS depressing. Sad, really, because it's a little underhanded, too. Did they announce they're auctioning off items anywhere? That it was parts of the Atlantis set?
                          Yeah, they've got their own website, and there have been articles here at GW and elsewhere about it.

Originally posted by ddc View Post

I also like the idea of Elizabeth being able to use ATA-dependent tech. Darnit, she's given so much for the city, I think we can give her that little gift.

John giving Elizabeth flying lessons? I love it! We definitely should find someplace to do that.

My vote is to show the block spiders (cuz people would be like WTF?) But don't show Elizabeth--on only use Franibeth in the end 'dun-dun-dun' moment. No Torri, that'll be a big surprise.
                          Sounds good to me.

"At the Inquisition...at the inquisition"--I love that movie.

Hmmm...maybe they're a planet caught between the Wraith and the PC war and they want weapons to defend themselves? Or because of the war they are short on medicine and supplies, which they normally get from other races that are being affected? Lack of medical supplies is a typically good one because it generally means people are super desperate.
                          I think the medicine/supplies idea sounds the most logical; we've kind of already seen it in The Storm/The Eye, and it stands to reason that with the war, people would be in even more need for it.

Do we know anyone who's going to the Vancouver con in April? He needs to know that his ideas are taken seriously. LOL
                          Heh. I think when we've finally got the season completed, we should print out everything, the stories, artwork, etc., write a cover letter thanking Joe for all his hard work on SGA and being such an inspiration to us and sign all our names to it (or at least our nicknames), put it all into a binder, and then give it to him at the next convention he appears at.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The last I heard, the Atlantis Gateroom set was still up, though they did strike a bit of the corridor sets to make room for the new sets for SGU. It could be that these pieces are from the struck sets, while the really unique sets are still up. Though the fact that puddle jumper parts have been put up for sale is a little disconcerting, as I thought they had only one PJ interior.

Yeah, they've got their own website, and there have been articles here at GW and elsewhere about it.

I also like the idea of Elizabeth being able to use ATA-dependent tech. Darnit, she's given so much for the city, I think we can give her that little gift.

John giving Elizabeth flying lessons? I love it! We definitely should find someplace to do that.

Sounds good to me.

I think the medicine/supplies idea sounds the most logical; we've kind of already seen it in The Storm/The Eye, and it stands to reason that with the war, people would be in even more need for it.

Heh. I think when we've finally got the season completed, we should print out everything, the stories, artwork, etc., write a cover letter thanking Joe for all his hard work on SGA and being such an inspiration to us and sign all our names to it (or at least our nicknames), put it all into a binder, and then give it to him at the next convention he appears at.
                            That sounds like a plan. And let him know that our S6 is not just for shippers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi!
                              I have the impression to live in USA. The words "Super bowl" are everywhere (newspaper, Tv, radio) today.

This is a great idea!

I'll eat before fainting due to lack of food.lol Back later.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Eri I was leaning toward medical supplies. I think I would have to shift the humor from a dialogue based witty comments to a kind of physical slapstick. (e.g. Shep gets lost in a building and comes busting out of a closet with a mop bucket stuck on his foot.) I was thinking a disease like smallpox, simply because Earth doesn't have a large number of vaccine to part with.

SK Hey, what about Miss Torri? We can't leave her out. Maybe I'll get an autographed headshot or something. (Supper is only a wish... *sigh*... but a man can dream, right )
                                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X