Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    *PSST* PROBIE! *PSST*

Didn't you negotiate somewhere in Joe's contract that he has to be the one in the cake?
    How did I knew what your post would say? How? I wonder.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      How did I knew what your post would say? How? I wonder.
      Cuz we're predictable, smutty and fun?
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Mmmm, all this talk about pancakes and crepes has got me hungry!

*PSST* PROBIE! *PSST*

Didn't you negotiate somewhere in Joe's contract that he has to be the one in the cake?
        LMAO! Bring on the smut!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh I wish I could fulfill the smut - desire, but I can't. My muse is on strike, it seems. I am utterly frustrated by everything lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Feb 16. I want a big cake. Having someone jump out of it is optional. Candles are not necessary. We don't want to set off the smoke alarm.
            I would worry about something jumping into it, then who's going to jump out of it. With that all that sugar, there will be one happy lemming around.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh I wish I could fulfill the smut - desire, but I can't. My muse is on strike, it seems. I am utterly frustrated by everything lately.
              *huggles* Maybe this is the muse's way of telling you that you need a little break. Kick back, relax, smell the roses, watch some Bones and all that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I would worry about something jumping into it, then who's going to jump out of it. With that all that sugar, there will be one happy lemming around.
              Don't worry, we'll make sure the lemming will get her own cake.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*PSST* PROBIE! *PSST*

Don't worry. I'm working on it.

Lovely image of him before to go to bed.
                See you tomorrow.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*waves* Good night, thread. Apart from a stressful work - day, I was highly unproductive. i'm sorry for lack of my contribution, I'll try to do better tomorrow.

*goes to sleep*

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Don't worry. I'm working on it.

Lovely image of him before to go to bed.
                    See you tomorrow.
                    I know. Suddenly I'm hungry for cake. Maybe with LOST tonight.

*waves* Good night, thread. Apart from a stressful work - day, I was highly unproductive. i'm sorry for lack of my contribution, I'll try to do better tomorrow.

*goes to sleep*
                    Go to bed--and get some good rest. Hopefully it will all be better in the morning!
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*goes to sleep*
                      *more huggles* Good night, Anuna! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

I know. Suddenly I'm hungry for cake. Maybe with LOST tonight.
                      Seriously! I am totally craving red velvet cake right now. *drools*

Comment

*waves at Gateraid* Thanks.

I much prefer visualizing to actual editing. If I could spend all my time developing creative concepts and finding music and then letting other more talented people edit, I'd be a happy camper.
                        I'll admit that I'm the same. I do enjoy editing videos and mixing them with music, but it does eat up a great amount of time (especially with saving errors, computer crashes and whatnot). On a related note, when I photoshop I also visualize but my results are never as close as I intend.

So, starting now, discussion on "Return to Pegasus" is open.
                        Well, I think the first thing is to decide how to ... organically (for lack of a better word) get Atlantis back to the Pegasus Galaxy. The second thing is how to get Elizabeth back in the story. Is this a two-parter episode? If so, maybe she could wait to come back in the second.

Some general questions:
                        - Would the IOA/Stargate Command put up a fit about going back?
                        - If we are going to introduce any new expedition members or important characters, this episode (and the next few) may be the time. Any of those in mind? (The Vanir?)
                        - This is more of a question that expand the season and may be answered when working on other episodes -- what to do with minor characters introduced in season four and five. Is Larrin going to pop up again (was she in s5?) How about the surviving members of the all-female team? Amelia? Will they receive more development or should some go to the scrap heap and flesh out some original expedition members?

In addition, I have my own idea for a human villian group (that kinda ties in with s1's Brotherhood), if the need ever pops up.

I hope you feel well soon again Anuna

Comment

Right now, I'd like to open discussion on our Season 6 premiere, working title "The Return to Pegasus".

Right now we need:

Writers
                          Title

You've seen the general premise--now we need to hammer this out--and this is one we need to hammer out well, with all writers understanding the entire build of this episode, since so many will refer back to it during their own episodes.

As the set-up for our season, it's also the set of episodes that will drive the Wraith storyline, the Pegasus coalition storyline, and the emotions of our characters for Season 6. For me, this is the most important episode for us to all be on the same page for.

As such, I have one limitation to this episode--only a person (or people) who have seen every episode of Atlantis can qualify as a writer for this story. I think we'll need their understanding to push forward.

Also, our editors/fact-checkers are important here. Whenever an idea is 'brainstormed', let us know if any facts or details have been overlooked or are wrong. This will be about as important as the actual writing.

So, starting now, discussion on "Return to Pegasus" is open.
                          First things first: Atlantis's current situation. Right now, the city is sitting outside San Francisco Bay under cloak, with the Navy having put the whole area under quarantine to keep civilian ships from accidentally blundering into Atlantis. Such a move is no doubt going to cause a lot of interest and speculation in the media that the government will want to avoid, so there's definitely going to need to be some coverage of the debate with the IOA about moving the city to a less conspicuous location.

We don't know just how much of the power in the ZPMs were drained in EatG; they've got enough to maintain the cloak for a while. There's this exchange late in the episode that implies they may actually still have enough power to lift off, but they still need to make repairs before they can go anywhere...

Spoiler:
                          ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. John is standing at the foot of Ronon's bed.

SHEPPARD: Well, how're you feeling?

DEX: I'm ready to get out of here.

SHEPPARD: Take your time. The city's pretty banged up. Even with the ZeePMs we're not going anywhere for a while.

So we'll also need some coverage of the repair efforts, which will no doubt involve McKay, Zelenka and their repair teams burning the candle at both ends to get the city flyable as quickly as possible.

Once that's taken care of, we can turn our attention to where they'll go. The popular idea when we discussed this before seemed to be having the Pegasus Coalition ask for assistance (presumably with the Wraith). How will the Coalition contact Earth? With Atlantis back on Earth, there's no dialing crystal in Pegasus that will allow them to open a wormhole to the Mliky Way and send a message.

There's also the issue of the Athosians; are they still living in a refugee camp on the mainland of M35-117, or have they moved back to New Athos? Kanaan has been living with Teyla and Torren in Atlantis, so he's also on Earth with the others, but surely Teyla will want to know that those of her people that are left are all right. Perhaps a ship is sent to check in with the Athosians and let them know what happened, and if the Athosians were allowed to move back to New Athos, maybe that's when Earth learns of the trouble that the Coalition needs help with.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          Well, I think the first thing is to decide how to ... organically (for lack of a better word) get Atlantis back to the Pegasus Galaxy. The second thing is how to get Elizabeth back in the story. Is this a two-parter episode? If so, maybe she could wait to come back in the second.
                          It's a two-parter. As we've already plotted out here and on the LJ, Elizabeth's official return isn't until halfway through the season at episodes 10 and 11, though there will be some hints earlier on.

Some general questions:
                          The IOA would definitely pitch a hissy fit. They're gonna want all their shiny toys close at hand. Stargate Command is likely to be a little more pragmatic about it, especially if there's still a threat from the Wraith; easier to deal with it before it gets to the Mliky Way. Plus, there's probably still a whole lot of Ancient stuff back in Pegasus that the IOA may get greedy about.

- If we are going to introduce any new expedition members or important characters, this episode (and the next few) may be the time. Any of those in mind? (The Vanir?)
                          The Vanir aren't coming back until later, but it's possible we might see some new expedition members. Though I think we're aiming to focus on our core group of the main characters and existing important supporting characters (like Zelenka and Lorne).

- This is more of a question that expand the season and may be answered when working on other episodes -- what to do with minor characters introduced in season four and five. Is Larrin going to pop up again (was she in s5?) How about the surviving members of the all-female team? Amelia? Will they receive more development or should some go to the scrap heap and flesh out some original expedition members?
                          I think there will be a place for the Travelers to show up again. There was no mention of whether or not they had joined the Coalition as of "Inquisition," but it's possible they might, and as one of the few spacefaring races in Pegasus (that we know of), their presence would be valuable in the coming conflict with the Wraith. Hmm... maybe a Traveler ship tries to cross the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way to deliver the Coalition's call for help? The thing is, Traveler ships don't have intergalactic hyperdrives like the Daedalus; they might have to do it in a series of jumps, like Wraith ships, and it could burn out their engines. Ooooh... *pictures the Traveler crew dying as the last of their air and power is used up*

In addition, I have my own idea for a human villian group (that kinda ties in with s1's Brotherhood), if the need ever pops up.
                          We really do need to find out what happened with those wannabe DaVinci Code fanatics, anyway. And get back the ZPM they stole from the team.

Comment

Oh boy, I missed alot. First of, hello Reiko. It's good to see old timer (term of endearment, not insult) sparkies! Second; yeah that was bit like "The Defiant One". Maybe Lizzie gets lost because Shep is making her fly by VFR (Visual Flight Rules.) Third, we my my b-day comes around can I have Kate, if FH doesn't mind, jump out of my cake. Or Lizzie... or both

Fourth, how to get Atlantis back to Pegasus? I suppose the IOA would either say no or want all the Ancient goodies for themselves. O'Neill might be persuaded based on military technology and humanitarian grounds. The Wraith know about Earth and can hibernate and take food with them for the long trip so them coming is not off the table. I agree with SK the SGC would probably want them stopped before reaching the Milky Way.
                            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              <snip>
                              Well, we don't actually know for certain that the Replicators couldn't use the control chair or anything else requiring a gene carrier to use it, as nothing was ever said in the episode to indicate that was the case. They may simply have rerouted everything to the control room for convenience.
                              <snip>
                              It's a fair assumption though, although I'd wager that the reason we didn't see one way or the other was that they'd have to actually film someone doing it (either that or they didn't want to get locked into it, so decided to be suitably vague )

The beginning of The Defiant One has Rodney learning and John being all tense and yelling. I think he'd be a bit more gentle with Elizabeth and apologize for yelling.
                              Also, given how much McKay actually travelled (& piloted) in a jumper, he never actually took one through a gate until Sanctuary, even then it was a space gate. IIRC, that may have been the only time on-screen (although it follows that he'd have had plenty of opportunity to do so since then)

We are starting comments on the first episode for S6.

Feb 16. I want a big cake. Having someone jump out of it is optional. Candles are not necessary. We don't want to set off the smoke alarm.
                              I'd offer, but you seem to have your heart set on Joe

I'll admit that I'm the same. I do enjoy editing videos and mixing them with music, but it does eat up a great amount of time (especially with saving errors, computer crashes and whatnot). On a related note, when I photoshop I also visualize but my results are never as close as I intend.

Some general questions:

Good question. Can I add that since you are starting from Earth, the only canon that Keller has to fit into is one that fires actual cannonballs? Kidding, she has to stay now
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Sugar? Ummm. Oh wait, you meant the cake. Right. Sorry my mind drifted in a whole 'nother direction. And then SK brought up red velvet cake and I got to thinking about all that yummy cream cheese icing and well just got sidetracked. But only for a moment.

Some general questions:

Larrin was not in S5 but the Travelers were. Jill Wagner had another obligation and they used someone else who played a female traveler in The Lost Tribe. And funny we never saw that female team again. Amelia is a good character and since they sort of shipped her with Ronon she probably should stay.

I think we should stick mostly with the minor characters we already have. Lord knows they could use some development.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                First things first: Atlantis's current situation. Right now, the city is sitting outside San Francisco Bay under cloak, with the Navy having put the whole area under quarantine to keep civilian ships from accidentally blundering into Atlantis. Such a move is no doubt going to cause a lot of interest and speculation in the media that the government will want to avoid, so there's definitely going to need to be some coverage of the debate with the IOA about moving the city to a less conspicuous location.
                                This idea would be a good opportunity for bringing Nancy in as liaison with Homeworld Security. We can say she has moved up and knows about the stargate program. We can even use her as a bit of a red herring in the romance department with John. They have a friendly relationship and when he is surprised to see her she says "you're not the only one with secrets". She can also ask him if there's anyone in his life and he says "not anymore". That too can mean a lot of things especially if he makes the woobie face. Which we know Joe would.

We don't know just how much of the power in the ZPMs were drained in EatG; they've got enough to maintain the cloak for a while. There's this exchange late in the episode that implies they may actually still have enough power to lift off, but they still need to make repairs before they can go anywhere...

Spoiler:
                                ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. John is standing at the foot of Ronon's bed.

SHEPPARD: Well, how're you feeling?

DEX: I'm ready to get out of here.

SHEPPARD: Take your time. The city's pretty banged up. Even with the ZeePMs we're not going anywhere for a while.

So we'll also need some coverage of the repair efforts, which will no doubt involve McKay, Zelenka and their repair teams burning the candle at both ends to get the city flyable as quickly as possible.

Once that's taken care of, we can turn our attention to where they'll go. The popular idea when we discussed this before seemed to be having the Pegasus Coalition ask for assistance (presumably with the Wraith). How will the Coalition contact Earth? With Atlantis back on Earth, there's no dialing crystal in Pegasus that will allow them to open a wormhole to the Mliky Way and send a message.
                                I like the idea of the Pegasus Coalition. We know the IOA won't want the city to leave earth and something has to change their minds. Learning that things in the PG are deteriorating might do it. While they are debating I can see John and the team talking about leaving without permission. There would be much argument especially about talking to everyone else who lives in the city and just as they are about to vote on it, they get word that the IOA says they can go.

There's also the issue of the Athosians; are they still living in a refugee camp on the mainland of M35-117, or have they moved back to New Athos? Kanaan has been living with Teyla and Torren in Atlantis, so he's also on Earth with the others, but surely Teyla will want to know that those of her people that are left are all right. Perhaps a ship is sent to check in with the Athosians and let them know what happened, and if the Athosians were allowed to move back to New Athos, maybe that's when Earth learns of the trouble that the Coalition needs help with.
                                I would imagine Teyla, Ronon and Kanaan tire of Earth very quickly and begin to feel out of place. They want to go home and see about their people and Teyla/Kanaan want Torren to be raised in his own culture. Also the rest of the team has a chance to visit family and friends but soon learn that you really can't go home again and they too want to go back to the Pegasus.

It's a two-parter. As we've already plotted out here and on the LJ, Elizabeth's official return isn't until halfway through the season at episodes 10 and 11, though there will be some hints earlier on.

The IOA would definitely pitch a hissy fit. They're gonna want all their shiny toys close at hand. Stargate Command is likely to be a little more pragmatic about it, especially if there's still a threat from the Wraith; easier to deal with it before it gets to the Mliky Way. Plus, there's probably still a whole lot of Ancient stuff back in Pegasus that the IOA may get greedy about.
                                They would need a good reason to let them go maybe involving an increased threat to Earth.

The Vanir aren't coming back until later, but it's possible we might see some new expedition members. Though I think we're aiming to focus on our core group of the main characters and existing important supporting characters (like Zelenka and Lorne).

I think there will be a place for the Travelers to show up again. There was no mention of whether or not they had joined the Coalition as of "Inquisition," but it's possible they might, and as one of the few spacefaring races in Pegasus (that we know of), their presence would be valuable in the coming conflict with the Wraith. Hmm... maybe a Traveler ship tries to cross the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way to deliver the Coalition's call for help? The thing is, Traveler ships don't have intergalactic hyperdrives like the Daedalus; they might have to do it in a series of jumps, like Wraith ships, and it could burn out their engines. Ooooh... *pictures the Traveler crew dying as the last of their air and power is used up*

We really do need to find out what happened with those wannabe DaVinci Code fanatics, anyway. And get back the ZPM they stole from the team.
                                As a race with advanced tech, the Travelers would definitely fit in the Coalition. Plus, I want Larrin to meet Elizabeth.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                It's a fair assumption though, although I'd wager that the reason we didn't see one way or the other was that they'd have to actually film someone doing it (either that or they didn't want to get locked into it, so decided to be suitably vague )

Also, given how much McKay actually travelled (& piloted) in a jumper, he never actually took one through a gate until Sanctuary, even then it was a space gate. IIRC, that may have been the only time on-screen (although it follows that he'd have had plenty of opportunity to do so since then)

I'd offer, but you seem to have your heart set on Joe

Good question. Can I add that since you are starting from Earth, the only canon that Keller has to fit into is one that fires actual cannonballs? Kidding, she has to stay now
                                Darling, I'd love to have you jump out of my cake. If Joe isn't available.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X