Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Probably, I'm surprised we haven't been modded all ready.
    O well. It's the thought that counts, right?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I'd say skip the trial and go straight to the execution - a lifelong sentence reading books on how to write women, romance, strong stories, women in charge, leadership (written by Dr. Meredith R. McKay), interaction with the fans, women, relationships (friends and lovers), show bibles and why they make PTB life easier, interaction with your employees i.e. your actors and crew. Parol can only be granted by writing an episode and have it judged by randomly selected fans from every possible side living within the fandom.

They could be incarcerated for a very long time...
      *Bows to the wisdom of FH* Remind me to never get on your bad side.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        *Bows to the wisdom of FH* Remind me to never get on your bad side.
        My bad side really isn't a place you'd wanna be, trust me. Even I don't want to be on my bad side.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So, anyone stay up last night to watch the Olympics opening ceremony? What was your favorite part of the show?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So, anyone stay up last night to watch the Olympics opening ceremony? What was your favorite part of the show?
            No, but I enjoyed the snark on Twitter. Those sorts of spectacles are just not my kind of thing. The part with the Queen sounds kind of cool though.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Of course, I did. Favorite part was all of it but lighting the flame was probably the most spectacular for me anyway. And of course, guessing where some of the more obscure countries were at was also fun. I was only disappointed that the only Doctor Who reference was the sound of the TARDIS in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. I would have thought the show, being on the air since the sixties in some way or form would have granted it a bigger role, especially since HP wasn't forgotten with a gigantic Voldemort and Mary Poppins even made an appearance.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

the Opening Ceremonies were great! Loved the pastoral and then industrial transitions. really loved the forging of the olympic ring. the Queen's entrance was fabulous! what a sense of humor. and the passing of the torch to the young athletes - so very appropriate!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  Brie that was a beautiful video!
                  Thank you very much *hugs*.

Anyway I got plot bunnies over the discussion on what would have happened had Elizabeth stayed. I am starting a series of fics based on the idea of Elizabeth stepping down due to the nanites and how it affects John and Elizabeth's relationship now that she is not his boss and more of a teammate hope to get the first fic done tonight.
                  That sounds really interesting, can’t wait to read them.

That was so beautiful and the song was perfect.
                  *hugs* thank you, the song reminded me of them from the moment I first heard it.
                  sigpic

Comment

No, but I enjoyed the snark on Twitter. Those sorts of spectacles are just not my kind of thing. The part with the Queen sounds kind of cool though.
                    The part with the Queen and James Bond was such a hoot! I wonder if it's up on YouTube yet...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Of course, I did. Favorite part was all of it but lighting the flame was probably the most spectacular for me anyway. And of course, guessing where some of the more obscure countries were at was also fun. I was only disappointed that the only Doctor Who reference was the sound of the TARDIS in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. I would have thought the show, being on the air since the sixties in some way or form would have granted it a bigger role, especially since HP wasn't forgotten with a gigantic Voldemort and Mary Poppins even made an appearance.
                    Yeah, I was also kind of surprised there wasn't a bigger DW reference. Kind of a shame, really.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    the Opening Ceremonies were great! Loved the pastoral and then industrial transitions. really loved the forging of the olympic ring. the Queen's entrance was fabulous! what a sense of humor. and the passing of the torch to the young athletes - so very appropriate!
                    The lighting of the flame (and the design of the cauldron, made up of all those petals carried into the stadium with each team) was awesome.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey ladies, gents and lemmings! I still think that they should've said that Britain has once again screwed up (I love my country but it's true) so have a substitute. All though I think we were a lillte OTT. Did anyone know about all the snipers? There was a load on the top hidden away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                        Hey ladies, gents and lemmings! I still think that they should've said that Britain has once again screwed up (I love my country but it's true) so have a substitute. All though I think we were a lillte OTT. Did anyone know about all the snipers? There was a load on the top hidden away.
                        I've gotta agree ShWeir. I was at the Olympic park today and was shocked to see Police walking around armed with rifles! That just doesn't happen in the UK and I don't know how I feel about it.
                        My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
                        When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
                          I've gotta agree ShWeir. I was at the Olympic park today and was shocked to see Police walking around armed with rifles! That just doesn't happen in the UK and I don't know how I feel about it.
                          Maybe grateful that they are there to protect you? Bad guys have killed a bunch of Olympic athletes in the past. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well the guns are not cool but I am also kinda ticked (as being stricken with Zionist fever), that they are not doing anything to commemerate the 40th Anniversery Of The Massacre of 11 Israel Athletes during the 1972 Olympics.
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe grateful that they are there to protect you? Bad guys have killed a bunch of Olympic athletes in the past. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
                              Please don't take my comment as a complaint against the police force, they do a great job and get little thanks for it. It was shocking though to see such a well armed prescence. Today was the first time I'd even seen a gun and to see so many officers carrying around rifles was a shock. They have put weapons on the roofs of some local residental tower blocks as well. I think that when the Brits were looking foward to the games, we didn't think of this side of it but I totally agree that after last summers riots in London, there needed to be a show of strength, doesn't make it any less of a shock though.
                              My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
                              When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Well the guns are not cool but I am also kinda ticked (as being stricken with Zionist fever), that they are not doing anything to commemerate the 40th Anniversery Of The Massacre of 11 Israel Athletes during the 1972 Olympics.
                                You and me both. I heard that Bob Costas said something but it was cut out of the NBC broadcast. Not cool.

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
                                Please don't take my comment as a complaint against the police force, they do a great job and get little thanks for it. It was shocking though to see such a well armed prescence. Today was the first time I'd even seen a gun and to see so many officers carrying around rifles was a shock. They have put weapons on the roofs of some local residental tower blocks as well. I think that when the Brits were looking foward to the games, we didn't think of this side of it but I totally agree that after last summers riots in London, there needed to be a show of strength, doesn't make it any less of a shock though.
                                I didn't take it that way. We have snipers on the tops of several buildings here in DC all the time and when there is an alert, they even patrol the Metro. Plus we are used to the Secret Service with their multiple bulges under their coats. It all makes me feel safe. I guess it's new for you folks, but get used to it. As long as we keep having lunatics running around, it will only get worse. I hope there are no incidents to spoil everyone's fun.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X