Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Welcome back! I'd wondered if the storm and power outages had affected you. Good to hear everything's working again.
    Thanks!!! It's kind of funny when you look back on it. The storm lasted only 15 minutes but knocked the power out for 48 hours. Go figure. To make matters worse there are parts of town that still don't have power as I post this.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I was thinking that same thing. Actually, it came very close to us. I think we were in a little bubble and oddly enough, SR Jr didn't lose power at all. He's about 45 minutes west of us, and a few miles from him was a very hard hit area. I heard a report that over a million people might still be without power north of the city and bunches of traffic lights are out all over DC. It's bad enough up there when they are working. I can't wait to get Mr. SR's report when he gets home. His new office is up near Capitol hill. I know the Federal Government workers had "liberal leave" today, which means they can work from home if they want to.
      I know what you mean. While we were without power here, people two blocks over still had power. It all depends on how the electrical grid is set up. I guess.

I'm not sure I want to know what the D.C. area is like when there are next to no traffic lights. When I was in junior high we visited a friend of my moms that worked in a hospital down your way. The traffic back then nearly drove me nuts and I wasn't even driving!
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        I know what you mean. While we were without power here, people two blocks over still had power. It all depends on how the electrical grid is set up. I guess.

I'm not sure I want to know what the D.C. area is like when there are next to no traffic lights. When I was in junior high we visited a friend of my moms that worked in a hospital down your way. The traffic back then nearly drove me nuts and I wasn't even driving!
        It's pretty scary, tourists that don't know where they're going, taxi drivers that don't care if they hit you, big tour busses, pedestrians who don't look or stop and have the right of way at crosswalks, one-way streets that change directions at rush hour, oh, and let's not forget the circles. OMG. After 30 years here, I've lost most of my fear but you still need a navigator when driving. If you miss your turn, it's seldom possible to circle a block. I love to impress visiting friends with my skillz in getting a cab, however. You just raise your hand and they will screech across 2 lanes of traffic and stop on a dime right in front of you. Score!
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And my work here is done.

Oh for pity's sake. I hope Anuna won't kill me, but here's a morsel.

Spoiler:
          Richard gestured with his hand towards the chair on the opposite side of his desk.
          Ooh, can't wait for more! A lot more!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          You're welcome.

I can't wait to read it!! Hopefully it will help me find my muse. It took off last week and didn't leave a forwarding address.
          I hate when that happens. My muse went to sleep on me last night and just woke up.

It's pretty scary, tourists that don't know where they're going, taxi drivers that don't care if they hit you, big tour busses, pedestrians who don't look or stop and have the right of way at crosswalks, one-way streets that change directions at rush hour, oh, and let's not forget the circles. OMG. After 30 years here, I've lost most of my fear but you still need a navigator when driving. If you miss your turn, it's seldom possible to circle a block. I love to impress visiting friends with my skillz in getting a cab, however. You just raise your hand and they will screech across 2 lanes of traffic and stop on a dime right in front of you. Score!

I have a friend whose parents live in PA. He says he takes the train down to DC and never drives. I'd like to visit DC, just for once. Never been. It's on my bucket list.

Anyhow, fic is almost done ... just a few paragraphs. But I need to do laundry and get lunch. Not neccessarily in that order.

Comment

*calmly walks in thread*

It's done! *squees and runs out flailing*

Warning: not for kiddies. Sparky smut.

"Making Amends"

*calmly walks out*

Comment

pardon the pun...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Hahaha!!! Love it! *snurches*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  *calmly walks in thread*

It's done! *squees and runs out flailing*

Warning: not for kiddies. Sparky smut.

"Making Amends"

*calmly walks out*
                  haha, this is great. especially that "Colonel Sex" line.

is it normal that I had a huge grin while reading this story?

Comment

And I updated my story at Command Dynamics ... if y'all are interested.

Chapters 22-24 of "We'll Always Have M51-936"

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
                      haha, this is great. especially that "Colonel Sex" line.

is it normal that I had a huge grin while reading this story?
                      Thanks!

And yeah, it's normal for this thread.

Comment

sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

You speak of Those Whose Names We Dare Not Say for slight fear of modding?
                          What? You mean the Kate/John-lovers? Not to worry, there's only one... oh no wait, there are two of them.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            What? You mean the Kate/John-lovers? Not to worry, there's only one... oh no wait, there are two of them.
                            Eeh, you got half the equation right.

Comment

Eeh, you got half the equation right.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*runs in screaming*

It's done! It's done! It's done!

Ladies and gentlemen (and fair Lemmings), "We'll Always Have M51-936" has been completed.

Here is the epilogue!
                                Spoiler:
                                One week later.

Elizabeth tapped the touch screen on another requisition report from Rodney and set it down on the right side of her desk. She glanced at where the pile had previously been on the left and heaved a sigh of relief.

She was finally done.

Leaning back in her chair, she clasped her hands behind her head and smiled contentedly. Something had changed in her work dynamic. She didn’t like leaving her office at night, knowing that the pile of work waiting on her desk would only double in the morning, so she was making a conscientious effort to complete everything by the time her shift was done. Her work ethic had improved dramatically, due to the fact that she usually had plans with someone every evening after work. Carson hadn’t even had to call her down to the infirmary and berate her on her lack of sleep.

Elizabeth smirked. Thanks to her military commander, she had been sleeping just fine.

Just then, John Sheppard came walking across the walkway into her office, arms swinging and smiling like he didn’t have a care in the world. “Hey,” he called out, taking a seat on the outside edge of her desk.

She sat up in her seat. “Hey yourself.”

He looked across the desk and let out an admiring whistle. “Wow. You got all your paperwork caught up? Didn’t stuff it in a drawer to make it look like you’re all done?”

She smiled, then closed her laptop and took her PDA off the dock. “No cheating. Everything’s done.”

John narrowed his eyes. “That’s the third time this week that you’ve left your office with a clean desk.”

Elizabeth gave him an identical look. “And you’re keeping count.”

He shrugged, then stood up. “So, you wanna grab some dinner?”

“Sorry, can’t. Have plans.” She rose from her desk and glanced casually at her PDA, then left it on the desktop.

“Oh. Sure. With Teyla?” he asked, sliding his hands in his pockets.

“No,” was Elizabeth’s short response as she moved around the desk, heading towards the exit.

“’No’?” John replied, following her out. “With who, then?” he asked in a slightly higher voice.

She turned around to regard him when they neared the stairs. “Good night, John,” she replied with a tight lipped smile, and descended down the stairs.

-=-=-=-=-=-

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, Elizabeth left her quarters and began walking through the city. She bit her lip, wishing she had brought her PDA. The person she was having dinner with had emailed her earlier with the specific location, but she had gotten distracted and left it sitting there in her office. It was some obscure place in the city, and she could barely remember the general location, much less the exact spot.

She reached to tap her earpiece and call to ask for directions, but just as her finger almost came in contact with the earpiece the corridors became increasingly familiar. She cleared her throat and glanced nervously down a corridor, and was relieved to not see anyone. She smoothed the faint wrinkles out of her dark jeans and kept walking, looking out the windows to see if anything was familiar.

A faint sound of glass clinking echoed lightly down the hallway, and she made a turn to the left. Sunlight was streaming in an open door at the end, and she walked towards it, a little more confidently.

She walked through the doorway and found her dinner date, wearing an off white, slightly wrinkled buttoned up shirt and a faded pair of jeans.

“Hi.”

John turned around and smiled widely. “Hey! I was beginning to think you’d gotten lost,” he told her, walking up to her and cupping her face, giving her a swift kiss on the lips.

“Almost,” she replied, tilting her head and nodding to the labyrinth of corridors behind her. “So, you picked a secluded spot for a date.”

He shrugged. “Had to make sure no one saw us.”

She looked back at the balcony to see what he had set up for dinner. There was a blanket spread out on the hard floor, with a standard Expedition storage bin laying towards the back of it. She snickered. “What, you couldn’t find a picnic basket?”

He glanced down at it. “Yeah, because that wouldn’t have been obvious.”

There was a bottle of wine setting next to the bin, with two wine glasses next to it. That must have been the sound she heard down the hallway. Elizabeth lowered herself onto the blanket and picked up the wine bottle, looking at the label. “And yet, you somehow absconded with wine glasses.”

John nodded as he sat down next to her on the blanket. “Yeah. The cafeteria lady owed me a favor.”

“Oh. She’s so sweet.”

“Yep.” He pointed at the wine bottle. “You want some of that?”

She laughed softly as she handed it to him. “John, you do remember what happened the last time the two of us had a bottle of wine during dinner?”

He twisted the cork out of the bottle neck with a pop and smiled. “No, actually, I don’t. Care to remind me?”

In a graceful twist, she leaned over and cupped a hand behind his neck, pulling him towards her. She kissed him, but instead of the chaste greeting kiss that John had given her only moments before, this one was passionate, craving, hungry.

John disengaged and held up a finger, then carefully put the wine bottle back on the floor, up against the wall.

Elizabeth pulled back just enough to meet his gaze and smiled in slight confusion. “I thought we were having dinner.”

He smiled, tilting his head as he kissed her neck. Elizabeth was immediately happy that her pale green shirt had a wide neckline, giving him more access.

“Yeah, so did I.”

She chuckled and pushed John down onto the blanket, then carefully maneuvered around the bin and straddled his hips.

He looked up at her, slightly startled, and she only shrugged as she began to unbutton his shirt.

“I thought we’d just reenact it.”

He smirked at her, and before Elizabeth lowered her lips to meet his again, she began planning exactly how to get that smirk off his face.

Fin.
                                Spoiler:
                                And yes, the last sentence is stolen from a lovely person on LJ sorry, I forget who exactly who has an icon with Elizabeth saying something to the effect of "I'm coming up with non-PG ways to wipe that smirk off his face". Hee.

Comment

Working...
                                X