Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    It's on my DVR and will first on the viewing schedule for tonight. I love those boys. We need a good SGA/SPN fic. I've read one with John that is great. We need a Sparky one.
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hmm, kinda quiet this morning. And what is with GW taking so long to load?

I would so read a fic like that! I don't know SPN that well, though, so don't look to me to write it, LOL!
    That would make for a great fic. I love to watch the show when I can, but I've missed too many epps to write a crossover.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    By The Way in honor of Sparky!Family Day I put Sparky through MakeMeBabies.com and this what the kid may look like:

http://www.makemebabies.com/shared/3...2f9fa695c0.jpg
    What a cute website idea...but could you imagine in our sparky would if they had a blond baby? Ai-yi-yi. The rumors would be flowing on Atlantis

I hope everyone has been out having some fun, it's been beautiful weather here today.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

In SGARising news, Eri just sent me the rough draft of the final scene of "Return to Pegasus, Part 1."

OMG. It's totally EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all are gonna be blown away!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      What a cute website idea...but could you imagine in our sparky would if they had a blond baby? Ai-yi-yi. The rumors would be flowing on Atlantis
      LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        That would make for a great fic. I love to watch the show when I can, but I've missed too many epps to write a crossover.

I hope everyone has been out having some fun, it's been beautiful weather here today.
        I am having fun my dear.

And as for the blonde.....maybe......John or Lizzie had a blonde family member?
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Oooh, I've got a meme to catch up on...

Day the Twenty-Fifth: Favorite kiss
          Umm, none of them? All the kisses were either "aliens made them do it," or were otherwise terribly clichéd and utterly lame. I suppose the closest to "favorite" would be the one from "The Long Goodbye," because of the fact that John agreed to host Thalan's consciousness, believing that Thalan and Phoebus were husband and wife. Insert all your wicked voyeuristic fantasies here.

Day the Twenty-Sixth: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
          "Ghost in the Machine." All of it. We got lots of lovely angst from John, but the storyline and the way it screwed up Elizabeth's character and then threw her away, AGAIN, sucked ass on toast.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Speaking of the meme, I think this was where I finished. I'm not sure, the hampster fell off the treadmill and is nursing a broken leg at the moment

Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!

I have many in this thread. One that shouldn't cause a massive arguement (other than simply everyone else disagreeing with me) is that I didn't like Novac. She annoyed me in every scene she was in.

Day 21: Best quote

I think it went something like "I have no problem whatsoever in killing you Bob". Or Steve. Whichever one it was. The one that Shep shot in the brig. It's not a particularly memorable line, other than that I found it to be at odds with how I had viewed SG-1.

Failing that, "say goodbye to Dr Weir" because it was an awesome cliffhanger moment and it created such a ****storm afterwards.

Day 22: Worst quote

Fly, Lucius, Fly. This was followed immediately by why do I continue to watch this show when it does nothing but disappoint me???

Day 23: Saddest character death

Carson's. I think in terms of the lead up to his death (pretend that the exploding tumour was replaced with something that, say, wasn't stupid) it was the best ep involving a character death. I could see it a mile away, yet MG did a great job of slowly dialling up the tension until, well, boom.

While I am sad that Kate is gone, I never felt sad while watching the episode. I felt sad because I was so completely underwhelmed by how they had written the death, but due to the FAIL of the premise, I wasn't affected by the death in the way they had intended.

Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo

Puddlejumper is already a plane (presumably that's where Sheppard got the idea from), shields are nothing new, I don't recall who used IFF's first....ZPM's I kinda liked, but I also had a fondness for retrovirus. For some reason, I get an image of the wraith busting out the seventies death metal when I here this word.

Day 25: Favorite kiss

This is probably an addendum to unpopular opinion. Sparky never kissed in person, Shelya was also under the influence, so if we're sticking to main characters, that only leaves McKeller during Brain Storm. Whether you like or dislike the pairing, this was the only proper, non-AU, non-influenced, 100% genuine feelings, actual display during the series.

Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment

This is actually quite tough. There are many things about this show that I disagree with. However, the majority of them could have worked if done differently (either through altered timing, or through tweaking the story a little). I'm not going to write a massive list of how I'd like them to have done things (I've probably already bored you enough with my rantings in the past), so instead....It's the dream in S & R. I hope I'm not saying this solely based on ship, which is certainly a valid criticism against my arguement.

This scene had all the hallmarks of something intended to imply ship. There's nothing wrong with that. Except that they never followed through with it at any point during the last year. It was never investigated, in any context, in terms of what that dream could mean for either John or Teyla's feelings towards each other. I was just forgotten about. I know I give the writers stick, but I do not think they are clueless. They had to know what that scene would mean to shippers. If they weren't going to do anything about it (they couldn't, given that she ended up having another man's child), then it was a deliberate and cruel tease. Not to mention that they brought in RSF for one lousy line???

I think it was Eri who suggested a while back that it would've been interesting if instead of it being Ford, it was Weir saying those lines. Or both. Imagine if you will that Remnants was a few eps after this one, with the Weir line included. This would give GitM a much greater impact, plus make it (shock, horror) a mini arc.

Day 27: Funniest screen cap

h5.jpg

^ I only discovered that one yesterday. There's also one of AT where it looks like she's laughing as David falls down the whole in Trio (she's speaking at the time, so it's just an unfortunate piece of timing)

Day 28: Favorite enemy

The Genii, because they gave us TS/TE, Coup, The Brotherhood, Phantoms, Underground, Weir's cool scene in Seige II, CG.....

Day 29: Least favorite enemy

The Asgard. What? Really? Evil Asgard?????

Day 30: One thing you would change

I doubt I could narrow it down to one

Day 31: How it should have ended

This implies a rewriting of only the final ep. In that case, the battle takes place in PG. Apollo and Deadalus are destroyed or severely damaged, so that they head back to MW after they get their engines working. Atlantis blows up the hive, but is damaged and forced to land on a new planet, using up all their power. With no ZPM's and no gatebridge, they can't dial Earth. The final scene is somewhat similar, except that someone comments that things look grim. It's pointed out that they've been in that situation in the past, and it didn't turn out so bad for them. Oh, look, a starting point for a movie
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Speaking of the meme, I think this was where I finished. I'm not sure, the hampster fell off the treadmill and is nursing a broken leg at the moment

I have many in this thread. One that shouldn't cause a massive arguement (other than simply everyone else disagreeing with me) is that I didn't like Novac. She annoyed me in every scene she was in.

I think it went something like "I have no problem whatsoever in killing you Bob". Or Steve. Whichever one it was. The one that Shep shot in the brig. It's not a particularly memorable line, other than that I found it to be at odds with how I had viewed SG-1.

Failing that, "say goodbye to Dr Weir" because it was an awesome cliffhanger moment and it created such a ****storm afterwards.

Day 22: Worst quote

Fly, Lucius, Fly. This was followed immediately by why do I continue to watch this show when it does nothing but disappoint me???

Day 23: Saddest character death

Carson's. I think in terms of the lead up to his death (pretend that the exploding tumour was replaced with something that, say, wasn't stupid) it was the best ep involving a character death. I could see it a mile away, yet MG did a great job of slowly dialling up the tension until, well, boom.

While I am sad that Kate is gone, I never felt sad while watching the episode. I felt sad because I was so completely underwhelmed by how they had written the death, but due to the FAIL of the premise, I wasn't affected by the death in the way they had intended.

Puddlejumper is already a plane (presumably that's where Sheppard got the idea from), shields are nothing new, I don't recall who used IFF's first....ZPM's I kinda liked, but I also had a fondness for retrovirus. For some reason, I get an image of the wraith busting out the seventies death metal when I here this word.

Day 25: Favorite kiss

This is probably an addendum to unpopular opinion. Sparky never kissed in person, Shelya was also under the influence, so if we're sticking to main characters, that only leaves McKeller during Brain Storm. Whether you like or dislike the pairing, this was the only proper, non-AU, non-influenced, 100% genuine feelings, actual display during the series.

This is actually quite tough. There are many things about this show that I disagree with. However, the majority of them could have worked if done differently (either through altered timing, or through tweaking the story a little). I'm not going to write a massive list of how I'd like them to have done things (I've probably already bored you enough with my rantings in the past), so instead....It's the dream in S & R. I hope I'm not saying this solely based on ship, which is certainly a valid criticism against my arguement.

This scene had all the hallmarks of something intended to imply ship. There's nothing wrong with that. Except that they never followed through with it at any point during the last year. It was never investigated, in any context, in terms of what that dream could mean for either John or Teyla's feelings towards each other. I was just forgotten about. I know I give the writers stick, but I do not think they are clueless. They had to know what that scene would mean to shippers. If they weren't going to do anything about it (they couldn't, given that she ended up having another man's child), then it was a deliberate and cruel tease. Not to mention that they brought in RSF for one lousy line???

I think it was Eri who suggested a while back that it would've been interesting if instead of it being Ford, it was Weir saying those lines. Or both. Imagine if you will that Remnants was a few eps after this one, with the Weir line included. This would give GitM a much greater impact, plus make it (shock, horror) a mini arc.

Day 27: Funniest screen cap

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29375[/ATTACH]

^ I only discovered that one yesterday. There's also one of AT where it looks like she's laughing as David falls down the whole in Trio (she's speaking at the time, so it's just an unfortunate piece of timing)

Day 28: Favorite enemy

The Genii, because they gave us TS/TE, Coup, The Brotherhood, Phantoms, Underground, Weir's cool scene in Seige II, CG.....

This implies a rewriting of only the final ep. In that case, the battle takes place in PG. Apollo and Deadalus are destroyed or severely damaged, so that they head back to MW after they get their engines working. Atlantis blows up the hive, but is damaged and forced to land on a new planet, using up all their power. With no ZPM's and no gatebridge, they can't dial Earth. The final scene is somewhat similar, except that someone comments that things look grim. It's pointed out that they've been in that situation in the past, and it didn't turn out so bad for them. Oh, look, a starting point for a movie
              Good answers. I thought of another unpopular opinion of mine. Since so many of you chose "Fly, Lucius, fly." as your least favorite line, I have to say it. I liked that line. It was one of the few times Elizabeth made me LOL. It was meant to be OTT so I took it in a Galaxy Quest kind of way. Just my warped sense of humor I guess.

Loved your proposed ending. That would be a great way to launch into a movie. All they need now is for something to happen that tells them Elizabeth is alive and they're off on a new adventure.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

*snerks*

The Wraith even look like KISS-wannabes.

That would've kicked ass. I think I would've liked GitM a bit more had they at least tried to tie it into other events in that way.

Yeah, that was definitely a head-scratcher.

I'm having the same problem.

An excellent ending! This has much more potential as a jumping off point to new stories than they way TPTW ended it.

Comment

I'm not here often those days but I'm back just to say: THERE IS A BIG CHANCE I WILL MEET TORRI IN OCTOBER IN FRANCE!!!!!! My friends who were with me in Stockholm want to go at this convention. After Joe, Torri. I'm doing a happy dance.lol
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I come in to report that at 12:34 PM EST, Return to Pegasus, Part I, was fully completed. In MS Word it clocks in at a grand total of 116 pages long.

There is some writer editing to be done--I need to rewrite one scene's theme completely, and I've got to fill in some historical show gaps as concern the Lucian Alliance, the Gou'uld, the Jaffa, the Ori, some stuff about hypoxia, and perhaps a mention of what Daniel Jackson is up to. But just so you know--, SGA Rising has officially taken off.

So writers, get crackin'!

I'll do edits for the next couple of days, but I need the beta readers to dust off their volunteer skills and come forward. Requirements for Beta Readers are as follows:

SHOW CONTINUITY READERS

- You must have been around for SGA rising preliminary discussions (sorry newbies, but we need people who are aware of the whole continuity of the pieces). You didn't have to be involved in the discussions, just know the build of the structure of the project.
                    - You must have seen through EATG.
                    - A working knowledge of SG-1 and SGU is helpful but not required.

SGA Grammar Betaers

- You don't have to have watched through SGA, but all comments are confined to grammar mistakes please--no comments on show characters and developments. A working knowledge of show continuity is required for commentary on characters, because no matter how well you think you know them or want them to be, not seeing them in action in canon will inhibit your knowledge of them.

We'll go through continuity reads first, then move on to grammar when continuity is finished. Volunteers?
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      I'm not here often those days but I'm back just to say: THERE IS A BIG CHANCE I WILL MEET TORRI IN OCTOBER IN FRANCE!!!!!! My friends who were with me in Stockholm want to go at this convention. After Joe, Torri. I'm doing a happy dance.lol
                      Yay! Give her a hug for me.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Ladies & Gentlemen,

I come in to report that at 12:34 PM EST, Return to Pegasus, Part I, was fully completed. In MS Word it clocks in at a grand total of 116 pages long.

There is some writer editing to be done--I need to rewrite one scene's theme completely, and I've got to fill in some historical show gaps as concern the Lucian Alliance, the Gou'uld, the Jaffa, the Ori, some stuff about hypoxia, and perhaps a mention of what Daniel Jackson is up to. But just so you know--, SGA Rising has officially taken off.

I'll do edits for the next couple of days, but I need the beta readers to dust off their volunteer skills and come forward. Requirements for Beta Readers are as follows:

SHOW CONTINUITY READERS

- You must have been around for SGA rising preliminary discussions (sorry newbies, but we need people who are aware of the whole continuity of the pieces). You didn't have to be involved in the discussions, just know the build of the structure of the project.

SGA Grammar Betaers

- You don't have to have watched through SGA, but all comments are confined to grammar mistakes please--no comments on show characters and developments. A working knowledge of show continuity is required for commentary on characters, because no matter how well you think you know them or want them to be, not seeing them in action in canon will inhibit your knowledge of them.

We'll go through continuity reads first, then move on to grammar when continuity is finished. Volunteers?
                      *raises hand* But you already knew that I will be reading all of them before publication. My red pencil is sharp and ready. I can do it all but am not as strong on the SG-1 continuity as some. I am, however, the grammar Nazi so bring it on. I would be glad to beta now and then give it another once over after the final version is done. *bounces in chair*
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        First Twitter and now GW. It's a conspiracy.
                        What, GW crashed too? I thought it was only internet in my country going bonkers.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I'm back on me-time, I could probably help out in continuity... Seen all of SG1 and all of SGA (multiple times as you know ). And I was there when SGA Rising was born... Grammar, however, is so not for me since I'm not a native speaker.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Ladies & Gentlemen,

SHOW CONTINUITY READERS

SGA Grammar Betaers

*raises hand* I think I'm good for continuity and characters stuff. Also, I need to get my own ass into writing gear, so please, give me work?
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Holy smokes I don't log on for 2 days and there's so many new messages!

I agree with you on this one. She annoyed me from the first episode I saw her in (Prometheus Unbound).

I loved him saying "Stop screwing around Bob!" I just liked the way he said it.

Yeah if I was a shipper for that pair, that scene would have gotten my hopes up. It seemed like the writers needed to check with each other about what the long term plan was, so they would all know what they were doing and things wouldn't seem so disjointed. Of course, this is assuming they had a plan. By season 3, it felt like we had Gero in one corner and Binder in another. And the others would put stuff in depending on the plot.

I was rewatching Season 1, and they seemed much more open to all ships back then. There was alot of Rodney/Elizabeth interaction as well as John/Teyla, in addition to John/Elizabeth.

Yes, in their Power Rangers outfits. That was just stupid.

Comment

I can help with grammer!!!!!
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X