No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eri, Eri, Eri, have we learned nothing this week? John wasn't caught red-handed caring about Elizabeth. He came into his boss's office to share a legitimate concern about how Woolsey was overstepping his bounds and criticizing everything they had done and what happens? She starts flirting with him. How annoying. Then he couldn't tell her to STFU and get back on the subject so he had to suffer through yet another session of sexual harassment.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Eri, Eri, Eri, have we learned nothing this week? John wasn't caught red-handed caring about Elizabeth. He came into his boss's office to share a legitimate concern about how Woolsey was overstepping his bounds and criticizing everything they had done and what happens? She starts flirting with him. How annoying. Then he couldn't tell her to STFU and get back on the subject so he had to suffer through yet another session of sexual harassment.
      SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! MY BADDDDDDDDDDDD!

And Elizabeth was really just imagining that her OTP was the one defending her honor, not the natty looking flyboy she had to put up with. *sigh* If only it had been him:

Spoiler:
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Surely you would want to be distracted from the story in Brainstorm if given any opportunity no?
        *snorts* If I had the choice, I'd rather watch "Irresistible" again.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        And re Trio, in terms of this thread, it is worse than the Irrs. At least you can find sparky in those eps. In Trio, I found myself not caring if two (yes, only two) characters I actually liked lived or died during that ep
        Which is why I'd choose to watch "Irresistible" instead.

Let's not forget Flagecallus. One of my favorite scenes was Rodney explaining the "whale" to Sparky. The looks on both their faces were priceless and you could tell they were trying not to look at each other for fear of bursting out laughing. I wonder how long it took to actually get through that scene.
        OMG, yes THIS! That scene was such an epic scream!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I always thought that the whole Gateship/Gateship thing was to poke fun at the ancients being as fuddy duddy as John was saying Ford and McKay were. Like, it was a surprise that Helia and them called it a gateship and that just proved how terrible at creativity the ancients were.
        That, too.

Day 18: Favourite Side Character: This is actually easier than pie. Peter Grodin. He was a competent tech, a likable guy, and sexy as H#ll. And he had a great death. But I really liked how, rather than Chuck, he wasn't just 'yes ma'am, no ma'am, dial the gate!". He had his own opinion of things and he worked really well with Elizabeth. He was a honest-to-goodness scientist tech. I've never forgiven them for killing him off, though we don't think about him in as grand a term as Kate and some other sacrifices, because his was actually a well-thought out one.
        Peter! I miss him.

Day the Nineteenth: Most annoying side character: Hmm. Someone who shows up more than once? Wow, this is harder than I thought--it takes a lot for me to dislike side characters that much because they're just not in it enough to give me a reason to hate them. Ah, I got it. Amelia Banks: honestly, what was the point? So she could Mary Sue her way into fandom? She was a show-off pointless character whose job still hasn't really been explained. I even preferred Vega to her.
        *snickers at the "Mary Sue her way into fandom" line*

Day the Twentieth: Unpopular opinion time!: Okay...so, I didn't mind what they did with Elizabeth--I minded what they did with Torri. Meaning, if she'd been able to stay on the show, having Elizabeth be removed from power would have been okay with me. I don't mind shake-up and I don't mind switching characters around--I think actors actually embrace changes like that. What I minded was completely getting rid of her. But if they'd just changed her role--turned her into a questionable ally--or villain--I might actually have liked that. I just imagine (courtesy of Joe, Rachel and David) some great angst.
        Actually, I agree with this. Weir was getting a bit stuck in a rut in terms of storytelling leading up to the "First Strike" trilogy, and if they'd actually tried to use that storyline to change things up with Weir instead of simply getting rid of her, I would have been a lot happier with it.

We had Elizabeth defending--and speaking well--of John a hundred times and John doing the same (much less frequently) of her. But this is one of the first times he gets caught red-handed caring about Elizabeth--and he gets called out on it to such an extent that he actually has to backpedal to cover up his exposed emotions. You could almost argue that his outburst highlights his subconscious concerns and how much deeper they run than even he's aware.
        Sparky is canon, Sparky is canon, Sparky is canon! You can't hide from us, TPTW!

*snorts*

And Elizabeth was really just imagining that her OTP was the one defending her honor, not the natty looking flyboy she had to put up with. *sigh* If only it had been him:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ntruder628.jpg
        Eww, I think I'm gonna need some brain bleach.

Of course, I suppose that explains John's expression here:

Spoiler:
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Bleach you say?

Spoiler:

What did you just call me? Hermead, initiate plan Balding Eagle, and make it look like an accident

This can not be good

and then later.....

Hermie, how about you swing by my quarters later and Herminate me? Just remember, during sexy time I like to be referred to as 'Doctor Weir'
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, wow, that was way wronger than anything I can come up with. YIKES!

Bleach you say?

Spoiler:

What did you just call me? Hermead, initiate plan Balding Eagle, and make it look like an accident

This can not be good

and then later.....

Hermie, how about you swing by my quarters later and Herminate me? Just remember, during sexy time I like to be referred to as 'Doctor Weir'
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Bleach you say?

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]29360[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29361[/ATTACH]

This can not be good

and then later.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29362[/ATTACH]

Thanks for that. Now there is not enough brain bleach on the planet to cleanse that from my mind. But John does look a bit jealous back in SK's pic. Hmmm? Maybe he's got a secret crush on Hermiod himself.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Or maybe when Elizabeth told John that the SGC wanted an older, balder guy for military commander (because she so would have, just to rub it in his face that he owed his job to her), for one brief moment when he walked into the room he thought she might have been referring to Hermiad?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  Lady More....yup I am man alright JK

Well I did post alot in the Sheppard Thunk and Whump (SHOCKING ) and I also RP Sheppard over here so that takes up alot of posts too!

Dont worry my friend you will get there! And have a spiffy Ava!
                  Congrats, my Lady ... LOL, so I guess you're not using TLM anymore??? Hey, I've been away for a while, got some catching up to do!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Aw, poo. Maybe you'll get to catch one of the final two launches later this year?
                  I'm planning on it! I live over near Tampa Bay, so some friends of mine are wanting to make it a day trip and go see one of the last launches. I went once before, when I was, like, 12, and my family went to the Cocoa Beach Causeway ... man, it was packed! Prob be worse now, knowing there's only two chances left ... Anyhoodle, my evil plan might work as long as they don't scrub the launch. I'd hate to make it all the way and not get to see it ... If I get to go, that is.

... Rambling ...

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*snorts* If I had the choice, I'd rather watch "Irresistible" again.

Which is why I'd choose to watch "Irresistible" instead.

OMG, yes THIS! That scene was such an epic scream!

That, too.

Peter! I miss him.

*snickers at the "Mary Sue her way into fandom" line*

Actually, I agree with this. Weir was getting a bit stuck in a rut in terms of storytelling leading up to the "First Strike" trilogy, and if they'd actually tried to use that storyline to change things up with Weir instead of simply getting rid of her, I would have been a lot happier with it.

Sparky is canon, Sparky is canon, Sparky is canon! You can't hide from us, TPTW!

Eww, I think I'm gonna need some brain bleach.

Of course, I suppose that explains John's expression here:

Spoiler:
                  Yeah, I was on the McKeller wagon at the time that "Brainstorm" aired, so I got all giddy and excited, such as I do when any on screen ships get action. But looking back, teh "Irrs" would make me laugh more. "BS" kinda makes me groan, ATM ...

Bleach you say?

Spoiler:

This can not be good

and then later.....

*diez laughing*

Okay, I think I'm gonna hafta carry a Tide Pen on me at all times now a) to blot in my eyes and b) to clean up the food I spew over my shirt when I'm eating and reading gateraid's pic fics ...

OI!!!

Comment

*hugs* Good to hear your mom is okay!

I pretty much grew up alongside the shuttle program, and it's going to be strange to not have any more shuttle missions. What the people at NASA do is nothing short of amazing.

McKay and Ford were the first ones we heard use the term. But in "The Return, Part 2," we learned that the Asurans also used the term, and since they were created by the Ancients, it stands to reason that they originally got it from the Ancients in the first place.
                    You make me want to run a usb cable from your brain to mine! Can I mail you a thumb drive?

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    That was actually one episode I liked even less than Trio, the difference is that in that episode at least, things were happening. Plus it had some interesting cameos, with Trio, even when te situation escalated the dilemma never seemed much greater than getting out of a hole in the end.
                    It always seemed as though TPTW went out of their way to keep Carter from taking over the show. That was great, but I think they took it too far and pushed her way OOC. This is one of the eppisodes that felt prominent to me in. I couldn't see them writing her this way if it were a SG1 script, in fact if it were an SG1 script McKay would have been the one with the broken leg. The producers/writers referred to this show as Three's Company and the actors dubbed it Stargate Titantic the Musical. I just cringe thinking about Jennifer almost stripping.

Let's not forget Flagecallus. One of my favorite scenes was Rodney explaining the "whale" to Sparky. The looks on both their faces were priceless and you could tell they were trying not to look at each other for fear of bursting out laughing. I wonder how long it took to actually get through that scene.
                    *smiles* I've got to watch that again.

I always thought that the whole Gateship/Gateship thing was to poke fun at the ancients being as fuddy duddy as John was saying Ford and McKay were. Like, it was a surprise that Helia and them called it a gateship and that just proved how terrible at creativity the ancients were.

Catching up on the meme--I've been a slacker. Or I scared myself with my last couple of answers.

Day 15: Least favourite pairing:

Hmmm...I am not anti-ship, so this is harder, but I think my initial gut reaction is Zelenka/Carter. I absolutely hated how they denigrated him into this quivering mass of nerdy goo when her chest got in his face. It was demeaning to Carter and to Zelenka. I mean, we already had Rodney with the Sam!chest obsession, did we have to honestly have Zelenka copy him in that?
                    While I liked that Carter was totally snarky with Rodney, I found it odd that she publicly bashed Zelenka by talking about how bad it was to be trapped with him in the transport. I don't remember her bashing co-workers at SG1, but we've already established I have a faulty memory.

Spoiler:
                    Bleach you say?

Spoiler:

This can not be good

and then later.....

Coffee....where's the coffee? *snorts* I always thought Hermiod was a girl (whoops)...and even knowing John, I was kind of suprised by his remarks about Hermiod's lack of clothing. Maybe he was just jealous of Hermiod's mathematical skills? John's reaction was priceless though, that's a great pic.

And hello SW! How's your fic writing going?
                    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 25 February 2011, 10:52 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Congrats, my Lady ... LOL, so I guess you're not using TLM anymore??? Hey, I've been away for a while, got some catching up to do!
                      TLM or LADY can be used if you would like.

And Eri which crazy ass pairing have you come up with this time? And I thought my other weirdass Tudor Crossover pairing was very strange....

Okay I am gonna shut up now.
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

There has been no bid on the Stargate segment on sale at propworx yet... the starting bid is set at 5,000$.

And I've given up on my replicator blocks... generally the whole lot is going for high prizes.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh yeah just found Sparky's song for the Crossover:

You know how they say theres always one person you cannot let go, yup this song proves it, especially since when they get back together they had alot to learn from the first time its gonna be stronger and more passionate =D!
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Bleach you say?

Spoiler:

This can not be good

and then later.....

I think my sanity may have died there.
                            Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                            My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Bleach you say?

Spoiler:

This can not be good

and then later.....

*shudders*

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                              You and me both. *shudders some more*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              I'm planning on it! I live over near Tampa Bay, so some friends of mine are wanting to make it a day trip and go see one of the last launches. I went once before, when I was, like, 12, and my family went to the Cocoa Beach Causeway ... man, it was packed! Prob be worse now, knowing there's only two chances left ... Anyhoodle, my evil plan might work as long as they don't scrub the launch. I'd hate to make it all the way and not get to see it ... If I get to go, that is.
                              I hope you do get to go, that sounds it'll be a lot of fun!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              You make me want to run a usb cable from your brain to mine! Can I mail you a thumb drive?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              There has been no bid on the Stargate segment on sale at propworx yet... the starting bid is set at 5,000$.

And I've given up on my replicator blocks... generally the whole lot is going for high prizes.
                              Yeah, they should've just kept the gate segment for the live auction. They'd have a better chance of selling it there.

Ouch, those are some pricey replicator blocks!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                                Make that three!

I don't think John's that amused either

BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X