Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In two weeks, I will be the one with many questions from you to Joe.lol
    I like it. hihihi Yes I start to ba a little excited now.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That schedule sounds very similar to Chicago. Only without David. I hope Joe gives more details on his new projects. And I'm sure there will be talk about the MGM bankruptcy and what it means for the movies or lack thereof. Joe will, I'm sure, have an insightful intelligent opinion on that likelihood.
      *snickers*

I'm also interested in the Q&A with one of the comic book writers later in the afternoon on Saturday; apparently the Vala and Daniel mini series are in progress, but we haven't heard anything about the Atlantis comics since the announcement that Dynamite had gotten the license. Hopefully we'll hear more at the con.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        And we are excited for you. Don't worry about trying to ask all your questions. Just relax and enjoy the moment.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I'm with SR; just kick back, relax and have a great time.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, recite the question in your head a few times, take a deep breath and then go about it slowly. Worked miracles for me when I asked Jewel a question two weeks ago... and I was sure I was going to stutter like hell cause she makes me all giddy.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Yeah, recite the question in your head a few times, take a deep breath and then go about it slowly. Worked miracles for me when I asked Jewel a question two weeks ago... and I was sure I was going to stutter like hell cause she makes me all giddy.
              Dittoes on this in relation to Joe. And remember first of all that he's nothing like John. You will have to engage him after he says hello or he probably won't say anything else. He perks up if you talk to him like a real person and don't gush. 'Course in my case it helped that I probably reminded him of his mother.
              sigpic

Comment

Dittoes on this in relation to Joe. And remember first of all that he's nothing like John. You will have to engage him after he says hello or he probably won't say anything else. He perks up if you talk to him like a real person and don't gush. 'Course in my case it helped that I probably reminded him of his mother.
                Absolutely. From what I and others have observed, Joe tends to be a little shy. Just be yourself, Probie, and you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Absolutely. From what I and others have observed, Joe tends to be a little shy. Just be yourself, Probie, and you'll do fine.
                  But he's not shy about giving hugs. Really good ones with snuggles.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup yup. And he's very, very snuggly.

Comment

*joins in surprising gateraid* And also that he froze up every time he was close to her and couldn't stand her but was afraid to say anything. LOL *slaps knee and wipes a tear*

Here are just a few examples of John showing his distaste for Elizabeth. What? Yes I am feeling unusually provocative today.

Spoiler:

Yes, you gave the perfect examples of John's total dislike of Elizabeth.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Couldn't stand her? No. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the only character (of the expedition) in SGA that was actually disliked by any of the senior staff was Kavanaugh. The only time Rod & John had a serious arguement was Adrift (understandable at the time), John & Liz argued more but still fairly infrequently. If he could not stand her, why did he get so worked up in Misbegotten after Woolsey's interview?

His disgust-o-meter must've been at an all time high when he broke quarantine in TRW, or when he carried her to the infirmary in Echoes.
                      Or when he completely freaked out and went on a quest for revenge when Kolya told him Elizabeth was dead? If someone would radio me and tell me he killed my boss, I'd buy the dude a present
                      Ok, I'm overreacting, but that's the difference between caring for your boss/colleague (like John & Liz) and totally disliking your boss (me and my boss)

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Yep...I think I'm going to go journal. And work some on RTP. WOOHOO!
                      I still want to put that little snippet on the website

Yep, the con is still this weekend; the schedule got posted yesterday, and Joe is still on for Saturday, so it looks like I'm going. I've decided I'm not going to get a photo op or autograph this time; I was planning to get a screen cap from Before I Sleep autographed to go with The Mint Jar, but Propworx has been backed up in getting items out to buyers, so I don't have The Jar yet. I really need to have The Jar and certificate of authenticity in hand so I know how big of a display case I need; then I'll know how big I can go with the photo. So I'm putting off the autograph until next time, and I'll just sit in the audience and bask in Joe's presence.
                      You're gonna see Joe again??? *iz jealous*
                      And hey, you have an excuse to get in the autograph line: to give him an sgarising card!!

That schedule sounds very similar to Chicago. Only without David. I hope Joe gives more details on his new projects. And I'm sure there will be talk about the MGM bankruptcy and what it means for the movies or lack thereof. Joe will, I'm sure, have an insightful intelligent opinion on that likelihood.
                      Oooh, I would love to hear his opinion about MGM's bankruptcy.

I agree! Even though, at fedcon, he came down to the bar to have a drink with the fans, he always seemed sorta nervous and unsure of what to do when someone approached him. But once you get talking to him and you don't act like a crazy fan, you really can have a decent conversation with him.

Guh, I'm still so jealous you got to hug him!!! We were totally not allowed to do that! *pouts*

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        You're gonna see Joe again??? *iz jealous*
                        And hey, you have an excuse to get in the autograph line: to give him an sgarising card!!
                        Yeah, but I don't want to wait until 10pm again.

Oooh, I would love to hear his opinion about MGM's bankruptcy.
                        Heheheh...

I agree! Even though, at fedcon, he came down to the bar to have a drink with the fans, he always seemed sorta nervous and unsure of what to do when someone approached him. But once you get talking to him and you don't act like a crazy fan, you really can have a decent conversation with him.
                        Next year, I am so going to have to try to bid for one of the seats at the private meet and greet.

Comment

Guh, I'm still so jealous you got to hug him!!! We were totally not allowed to do that! *pouts*
                          Which is part of why he's so endearing IMHO. I think he loves and is freaked out by the "fans" at the same time. He doesn't want it to be all about OMG!he'ssohotIwanthim but appreciates those of us who can treat him like an equal and not be in awe. I'm not so smart and intuitive I figured that out by myself but talked to someone who knows him quite well at the Chicago con and got the scoop on how best to talk to him. Worked like a charm. He didn't know I was numb from the neck down. And he seems to have that puppy dog desire to please that sometimes came through on screen. He really wants us to like him for himself. I thought he was just a sweet sweet man.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            To be fair, I'm in the minority about not 'loving' Castle. As it turns out, I'm watching it as I write this. Better than most of the stuff on tv, I just can't get into it. It's missing a certain 'spark', no pun intended. I'm not sure why, I watch some pretty crap tv, it's infinitely better than that.
                            To be honest, I've been a bad Sparky lately and not watched much of Atlantis so my comparison was from memory only. *Makes note to marathon both in near future to decide.*
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*snerks* Oh, that last one is really good. He was so put off by her that he hugged her back. So much for not liking her, hahahaha!
                              Don't you know, all men hate it when beautiful women hug them?
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hey, gateraid, don't look at us... we're just reporting on what we've seen in certain areas of the fandom. But, hey, it's all good, 'cause we Sparkies know better, right?
                                Oh, no, I didn't think you thought that. Perish the thought I get not seeing a ship, but I don't get not seeing a friendship in this particular instance *shrugs*

<snip>Or when he completely freaked out and went on a quest for revenge when Kolya told him Elizabeth was dead? If someone would radio me and tell me he killed my boss, I'd buy the dude a present
                                Ok, I'm overreacting, but that's the difference between caring for your boss/colleague (like John & Liz) and totally disliking your boss (me and my boss)
                                <snip>
                                I'm not sure what my reaction would be. I like my boss, but not in the same way I think John likes Liz. For one thing, my boss is a dude Naturally, I would be upset. Especially given the likelihood is that I probably killed him (not on purpose, I just work in a job where potentially fatal accidents could happen, although the chance of that is extremely minimal)

*snerks* Oh, that last one is really good. He was so put off by her that he hugged her back. So much for not liking her, hahahaha!
                                ZOMG!! He must be sexually harassing her right back!! It's a wonder Caldwell didn't have them beamed to opposite sides of the city until they sorted out their differences /snark
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X