Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I'm think it would've been the other way around, with Carter outranking Sheppard and leading the off-world team.
    Hmm. I wonder how that would've worked? She really would've been super-sam - leading the team, doing the tech stuff, and shooting the bad guys. They wouldn't have even needed Sheppard.

They kind of did sew the seeds for the Replicators with the nanovirus in Hot Zone... though trying to reboot an old villain was a bad idea from the get go.
    Did they really think that far ahead?
    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Lucky girl!!! Have fun! *then Shipper sees your last comment *

From watching the way that John acted so loyal to Elizabeth, as compared to Sumner which was more superiority chain-of-command yada yada, in "Rising", I thought that because Elizabeth was literally giving him a second chance to repair his career, he would've done anything to support her. Of course, that changed when Sumner got captured and John switched back into macho military mode. But Elizabeth still held the reins. And while he might not have agreed with her decision, he respected it enough to not fly off without permission.
    I was meaning in terms of the actual decision to take him, when she had the convo with O'Neill in Antarctica. By that stage she presumably hadn't even met Sumner, and Sheppard only decided to go after O'Neill had essentially given him an ultimatum. His "that would be Dr Weir" line to Sumner seemed more like a way to put Sumner down than an actual endorsement of Weir. Plus a way to illustrate that he didn't have a great deal of respect for those above him.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thanks I wonder what the NZ massage story is?
    sigpic

Comment

somebody tweeted from the con today

Torri Higginson had conspiracy theories during their political debates

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        I was meaning in terms of the actual decision to take him, when she had the convo with O'Neill in Antarctica. By that stage she presumably hadn't even met Sumner, and Sheppard only decided to go after O'Neill had essentially given him an ultimatum. His "that would be Dr Weir" line to Sumner seemed more like a way to put Sumner down than an actual endorsement of Weir. Plus a way to illustrate that he didn't have a great deal of respect for those above him.

Thanks I wonder what the NZ massage story is?
        Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I see what you mean. I never looked at it that way. I have Sparky colored contacts.

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
        *jawdrop* Is Torri at the con?!?!?! I thought they were contracting for next year!!!

Comment

Of the grassy knoll variety, roswell variety, or just that sometimes what is said to the public isn't the full truth?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I see what you mean. I never looked at it that way. I have Sparky colored contacts.
          We all have those This thread wouldn't exist otherwise

*jawdrop* Is Torri at the con?!?!?! I thought they were contracting for next year!!!
          Presumably it is Joe (or someone else) talking about Torri. IDK. Torri & Joe at the same con would be big news here
          sigpic

Comment

Of the grassy knoll variety, roswell variety, or just that sometimes what is said to the public isn't the full truth?

Presumably it is Joe (or someone else) talking about Torri. IDK. Torri & Joe at the same con would be big news here
            Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't more explicit, it was just the hype of trying to relay as soon as possible twitter coverage of Joe's panel. With all these talks here about SK going to the con, I assumed everybody knew about the LA con and Joe being there

So: @ArcticGoddess1 tweeted tidbits during Joe's panel, and when this came up I rushed here to share. Anyway, if interested, you can read more tweets here http://berryann.livejournal.com/62937.html

and here's a pic posted by @KathrynDowney
            Spoiler:

hope this clarifies my post

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't more explicit, it was just the hype of trying to relay as soon as possible twitter coverage of Joe's panel. With all these talks here about SK going to the con, I assumed everybody knew about the LA con and Joe being there
              Don't be sorry. I think it was just the Torri comment. IDK. Joe & Torri get big press here (understandably), even I knew he was at a con

So: @ArcticGoddess1 tweeted tidbits during Joe's panel, and when this came up I rushed here to share. Anyway, if interested, you can read more tweets here http://berryann.livejournal.com/62937.html
              @ Pileggi the truck driver

and here's a pic posted by @KathrynDowney
              Finally, something in common with Joe - I never iron my shirts either
              sigpic

Comment

Don't be sorry. I think it was just the Torri comment. IDK. Joe & Torri get big press here (understandably), even I knew he was at a con

@ Pileggi the truck driver

Finally, something in common with Joe - I never iron my shirts either
                LOL; and Mr. Anuna has a shirt like that one. And it tends to look like that at the end of the day. Oh boys. *grins*
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I always liked the McWeir dynamic. It seemed very natural. Maybe he didn't see her as an equal in terms of science, but he saw her as an equal in terms of a human being. He didn't want to 'be' him (like John), or one-up her (like Carter), or be her BFF (Carson), or put her down/use her to make himself feel better (like Zelenka), he just respected her. He may not have put her up on a pedestal (he didn't do that with anyone), but when push came to shove, he was always on her side. It's why I really love their scenes in Misbegotten (how he says 'hungry' because he can tell she is a bit overwhelmed), Tao of Rodney (I don't think any of the other characters could have been as 'honest', both positive and negative, with him and still been listened to), and First Strike (he is the only one to back her up the whole way through). Even in Rising, he is reassuring her, which is surprising, given that he was even more of an ass back then

Perhaps he just put his grief in a box and never really dealt with it until Carson 2.0 arrived. Maybe that is why he is so upset there, it is a reminder that he hasn't really thought about it that much as he simply chose not to.

I love how you described this. I think we saw Rodney's selfless side the most around Elizabeth. It doesn't happen much with everyone else (I can't say if it happens around Jennifer, I haven't seen much of them.) In The Storm there is that scene when Rodney explains to Elizabeth and John where their grounding stations are and it's amusing because Rodney gives John the stations that are far away - I always had a feeling he did it both to make John do the long run but at the same time to protect Elizabeth and her bad knee from the strain. The rest of the episode and the next one are amazing in terms of Eloizabeth and Rodney friendship. I think it's significant that he respected her the way he did - just as you described it - there were no ulterior motives. It always makes me intrigued about the way Rodney and Elizabeth met and how exactly she treated him back when she met him - when we saw Rodney in "The Rising" he already seemed tame and respectful toward Elizabeth. Not many people can brag about being respected by Rodney McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    I love how you described this. I think we saw Rodney's selfless side the most around Elizabeth. It doesn't happen much with everyone else (I can't say if it happens around Jennifer, I haven't seen much of them.) In The Storm there is that scene when Rodney explains to Elizabeth and John where their grounding stations are and it's amusing because Rodney gives John the stations that are far away - I always had a feeling he did it both to make John do the long run but at the same time to protect Elizabeth and her bad knee from the strain. The rest of the episode and the next one are amazing in terms of Eloizabeth and Rodney friendship. I think it's significant that he respected her the way he did - just as you described it - there were no ulterior motives. It always makes me intrigued about the way Rodney and Elizabeth met and how exactly she treated him back when she met him - when we saw Rodney in "The Rising" he already seemed tame and respectful toward Elizabeth. Not many people can brag about being respected by Rodney McKay.
                    Well, as much as I disliked the ship initially, I have to admit Rodney did do that somewhat around Keller. The trouble I had with it at the time was that it didn't seem natural (you can quite legitimately call me biased here) compared to with Elizabeth.

I suppose we can't read too much into Rising, unfortunately. I think he was still written as the Ingram character in that ep (simply with a name change) which is why he does seem quite muted. Although they do have their own version of eyesex in the gateroom when he starts with "Chevron 1 encoded"
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, as much as I disliked the ship initially, I have to admit Rodney did do that somewhat around Keller. The trouble I had with it at the time was that it didn't seem natural (you can quite legitimately call me biased here) compared to with Elizabeth.

I suppose we can't read too much into Rising, unfortunately. I think he was still written as the Ingram character in that ep (simply with a name change) which is why he does seem quite muted. Although they do have their own version of eyesex in the gateroom when he starts with "Chevron 1 encoded"
                      I admit taht I like the muted version of Rodney there. Not that I disliked him earlier in SG - 1; I didn't. He was smart and hilarious and amusing, in an annoying way, and he kept all those traits through SGA. His interactions with Elizabeth turned him into a better eprson, I think, she brought out the sides of him that others rarely could. Another reason why the show suffered so much after they ditched her.... but we are SO fixing that in our virtual season.

Aaand, now that I'm done with a particular deadline assignment I was working on for the past two weeks, I'm ready to kick in, full speed, into SGA Rising, starting with Box of Dreams

Comment

Good morning Sparkies!
                        I love the fact that Joe is talking about Torri again and I can't wait for SK's report!

That's true! David and Joe talked about it at Fedcon how Rodney was OOC compared to the rest of the season.
                        But that "Chevron 1 encoded" scene was and still is hilarious

Sig by me

Comment

I'm watching BamSR again and it's funny how in the meeting, Carter can't shut Rodney up, but John can with one word. But kudos to Carter for telling Ellis off... although I think Elizabeth would have done an even better job at that
                          And Elizabeth also wouldn't have had any problem shutting Rodney up...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Aaand, now that I'm done with a particular deadline assignment I was working on for the past two weeks, I'm ready to kick in, full speed, into SGA Rising, starting with Box of Dreams
                            Yay!!!!! Don't forget to post a snippet now and then

Sig by me

Comment

*raises hand*

I don't have Sparky contacts.... I wear glasses.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I totally don't get how people could think Teyla had children and a husband that got culled before getting together with Kanaan and having Torren. Did they really not see the talk she had with Lorne in "Spoils of War"?

And with the way John acts about Teyla's pregnancy, I'm still certain Elizabeth was pregnant when she got left behind on Asuras and John doesn't want something like that happening again.
                                But then again, in my happy little Sparky world, Elizabeth never got injured in the first place and she and John still happily live in Atlantis, have lots of storage room sex, have been married on the balcony with an Athosian ceremony and have two kids, one boy, one girl... I love my happy little Sparky world

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X