Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Oh, Viva Portugal I appreciate all distractions right now, I won't say no to champagne. It will calm me down
    I'm glad you didn't take it wrong bcause the transition was very stupid

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hey, congratulations on the win!

Champagne, eh? Mmm, I could have mimosas... *runs to get the orange juice*
    You can have what you want. We can do a party in the studio with all the actors.
    IT'S "PARTY DAY"!!!!
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      You can have what you want. We can do a party in the studio with all the actors.
      IT'S "PARTY DAY"!!!!
      Can you even watch BSG today or are you busy partying? *g*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        Can you even watch BSG today or are you busy partying? *g*
        No I'm here except if you don't want me.lol
        I have 1h40 to calm down.lol
        I know it's just a sport but hey 7.0....lol
        sigpic

Comment

Nothing interesting outside so I'm back.
          Little idea. We already did it but because it's the day of music here and others countries maybe we can post songs. Of course, songs related to Sparky.
          sigpic

Comment

'Songs related to Sparky?' Sounds like a job for the musicians on the thread... where is pkprd when you need him?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've got a couple of songs:

Spoiler:
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

'Songs related to Sparky?' Sounds like a job for the musicians on the thread... where is pkprd when you need him?
                Hmm... How about This one. (Even has a LOTR reference if you listen carefully.)
                Then we have a sad tune. (There is a "Cover is better than original" warning.)
                Perhaps some red headed country fun. (I know SR will dig this one.)
                Some 80's rock pop from two 80's icons.
                The Queen of Crooners brings us this Sparky Anthem

Maybe some more later...
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

How about this one?

Demi Lovato - Don't Forget

Spoiler:
                  Did you forget
                  That I was even alive
                  Did you forget
                  Everything we ever had
                  Did you forget
                  Did you forget
                  About me

Did you regret
                  Ever standing by my side
                  Did you forget
                  What we were feeling inside
                  Now I'm left to forget
                  About us

But somewhere we went wrong
                  We were once so strong
                  Our love is like a song
                  You can't forget it

So now I guess
                  This is where we have to stand
                  Did you regret
                  Ever holding my hand
                  Never again
                  Please don't forget
                  Don't forget

We had it all
                  We were just about to fall
                  Even more in love
                  Than we were before
                  I won't forget
                  I won't forget
                  About us

We were once so strong
                  Our love is like a song
                  You can't forget it

Somewhere we went wrong
                  We were once so strong
                  Our love is like a song
                  You can't forget it
                  At all

And at last
                  All the pictures have been burned
                  And all the past
                  Is just a lesson that we've learned
                  I won't forget
                  I won't forget us

Our love is like a song
                  But you won't sing along
                  You've forgotten
                  About us

Though probably not Sparky enough on second thought... it could be, somewhere... *shrug*

It could fit in Vegas... with the other Sheppard.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have a few questions 1) when you guys write the two part season opener are you guys going to give woolsey some more back bone and defy the IOA when they say "no" to Atlantis returning to Pegasus? 2) are you guys going do a sort of GITM homage when weir comes back and she tires to escape and sheppard goes after her?

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                      Hmm... How about This one. (Even has a LOTR reference if you listen carefully.)
                      Then we have a sad tune. (There is a "Cover is better than original" warning.)
                      Perhaps some red headed country fun. (I know SR will dig this one.)
                      Some 80's rock pop from two 80's icons.
                      The Queen of Crooners brings us this Sparky Anthem

Maybe some more later...
                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      How about this one?

Demi Lovato - Don't Forget

Spoiler:
                      Did you forget
                      That I was even alive
                      Did you forget
                      Everything we ever had
                      Did you forget
                      Did you forget
                      About me

Did you regret
                      Ever standing by my side
                      Did you forget
                      What we were feeling inside
                      Now I'm left to forget
                      About us

We were once so strong
                      Our love is like a song
                      You can't forget it

So now I guess
                      This is where we have to stand
                      Did you regret
                      Ever holding my hand
                      Never again
                      Please don't forget
                      Don't forget

We had it all
                      We were just about to fall
                      Even more in love
                      Than we were before
                      I won't forget
                      I won't forget
                      About us

We were once so strong
                      Our love is like a song
                      You can't forget it

Somewhere we went wrong
                      We were once so strong
                      Our love is like a song
                      You can't forget it
                      At all

And at last
                      All the pictures have been burned
                      And all the past
                      Is just a lesson that we've learned
                      I won't forget
                      I won't forget us

Our love is like a song
                      But you won't sing along
                      You've forgotten
                      About us

Though probably not Sparky enough on second thought... it could be, somewhere... *shrug*

It could fit in Vegas... with the other Sheppard.
                      Ahhhh, the Atlantis Rising band comes through again! This poor musically-inept groupie loves you! *squishes*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        I have a few questions 1) when you guys write the two part season opener are you guys going to give woolsey some more back bone and defy the IOA when they say "no" to Atlantis returning to Pegasus? 2) are you guys going do a sort of GITM homage when weir comes back and she tires to escape and sheppard goes after her?
                        1) I think it's safe to say that a whole lot of people are going to be pwning the IOA in the season opener.

2) Eri is writing the mid-season two-parter, so she's really the better one to ask. But it's possible.

Comment

Don't know if this song is sparky but i'll let you guys decide
                          Spoiler:
                          It's Not Goodbye - Laura Pausini
                          Now what if I never kiss your lips again
                          or feel the touch of your sweet embrace.
                          How would I ever go on?
                          Without you there?s no place to belong
                          Well someday love is going to lead you back to me
                          but till it dose I'll have an empty heart
                          So I'll just have to believe
                          somewhere out there you're thinking of me
                          Until the day I let you go,
                          Until we say our next hello
                          It's not goodbye.
                          Til I see you again
                          I'll be right here remembering when
                          And if time is on our side
                          there will be no tears to cry on down the road
                          there is one thing I can't deny
                          It's not goodbye
                          You'd think I'd be strong enough to make it trough
                          and rise above when the rain falls down
                          But its so hard to be strong
                          when you've been missing somebody so long
                          It's just a matter of time I'm sure
                          but time takes time and I can't hold on
                          so wont you try as hard as you can
                          to put my broken hearth together again?
                          Until the day I let you go,
                          Until we say our next hello
                          It's not goodbye.
                          Til I see you again
                          I'll be right here remembering when
                          And if time is on our side
                          there will be no tears to cry on down the road
                          there is one thing I can't deny
                          It's not goodbye

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            No, thank you! That's the stuff we need to remember to make sure we're within canon.

I wondering if perhaps we can work around that by working with the red tape. Perhaps we can start off with the IOA currently involved in lengthy discussions about Atlantis being more like McMurdo than a weapons base--arguing back and forth within itself about whether Atlantis is militaristic or scientific (under the provisions of the treaty, military are allowed in Antarctica, just not military bases and testing). And that 'lengthy discussion' about the chair being military will be brought up more in force with certain members of the IOA trying to rework the treaty to allow exceptions for defensive capabilities, if those weapons are for global protection and under global jurisdiction--such as under the command of Homeworld security. In other words, since the drones won't be used to attack other countries on Earth, but rather on threats to Earth, they're trying to amend the treaty.

That gives a good purpose for the strengthening of the Homeworld Security agency and why its become elevated in importance by the time these episodes start out.

Another thought I had, though, was to have them place Atlantis on the dark side of the Moon. It might require power (the shield would have to be up) but I thought it would be a cool twist on the location.
                            I'm not up with everyone's thinking on this, but given that it already has an international contingent, consisting of scientists and military combined, it's feasible that they'd allow it near Antartica. Although it really could go anywhere, if it's underwater. Unless it's the Mariana Trench, that may tax the shield a bit too much.

If you're going to put it in orbit, perhaps a bit further away? Keep it in our solar system (unless you move it to the Alpha Site) but far enough away from Earth so that Sam & Rodney can recalibrate the gate so that a) you can still dial Earth & get the SGC, and b) you can gate from the SGC to Atlantis. That way it would be able to be isolated from the rest of the Milky Way dialing network, and would still allow military operations to continue from Earth, via the SGC.

And a separate post on the Season 6 plotting:

Ack! Good point.

Don'tcha just love bureaucracy? I think this makes perfect sense. If no one has any objections, I vote we go for it!

And didn't someone (Mallozzi?) mention something about a moon base at one point in regards to the development of events between the end of SGA and the beginning of SGU?
                            Probably. Carter also mentioned it to O'Neill in Continuum.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            I still think that Woolsey would stick with the IOA. While he's become a bit more relaxed during his tenure, his favourite line is still "the IOA thinks/wants/believes".

And I hope Anuna & Mr Anuna are feeling better now. Hopefully your insurance pays out quickly
                            sigpic

Comment

Goodmorning Sparkies!! How is everyone doing today?

Thank you all for the music recs. They'll keep me busy for a while

In other news: I wrote my first and prolly last Dr. Who fic *headdesk* It's just something small: a conversation between the Doctor and Donna with some 10/Rose ship references that keep to canon.
                              But I'm totally not active in the Dr. Who fandom, so I was wondering if any of you would mind beta-reading it. I really wouldn't know who else to ask
                              Last edited by KrisRussel; 22 June 2010, 12:31 AM.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Goodmorning Sparkies!! How is everyone doing today?

Thank you all for the music recs. They'll keep me busy for a while

In other news: I wrote my first and prolly last Dr. Who fic *headdesk* It's just something small: a conversation between the Doctor and Donna with some 10/Rose ship references that keep to canon.
                                But I'm totally not active in the Dr. Who fandom, so I was wondering if any of you would mind beta-reading it. I really wouldn't know who else to ask
                                I don't know enough about the subject matter, so that rules me out. And I dislike the ships on Who (because they've overshadowed the show).

Re the variances in quality in s4/5, I was thinking about s9 SG-1 earlier. If you compare that to s4 SGA, SGA holds up pretty well. On the whole, I found s9 SG1 incredibly boring (I literally burned my dvds in the fire), with a very low overall quality, and only a few redeeming eps. There were more good eps in SGA s4. Now SG1 didn't just replace one character, they brought in Cam, Hank, Vala, and a new enemy, so it's not really a like-for-like comparison. And both shows improved considerably in their subsequent seasons (both of which were their last).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X