• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, SR - me not writing smut??? O_o
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      So... I'm slowly getting the website online, I just have a major problem getting some of the data transferred, so for now it's an empty site
      http://www.sgarising.com/
      As I view it has progressed to being not empty, but I have one remark about it - if you want Elizabeth's return to be a surprise, I wouldn't put her into the episode summaries in the later half of the season. Kinda spoils the surprise for those not in the know like us.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Also, did you guys check out Nathan Fillion's interview? It's very, very moving. Also, Kate Mulgrew said amazing things. I would like, very much, to see Torri in this. *sigh*
        Yes, those are some amazing interviews; from everyone!
        And I also really really hope Torri will be able to do this.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        As I view it has progressed to being not empty, but I have one remark about it - if you want Elizabeth's return to be a surprise, I wouldn't put her into the episode summaries in the later half of the season. Kinda spoils the surprise for those not in the know like us.
        Lol, good point. But it is kinda difficult to make a summary without mentioning her when the ep is centered around her But I'll see what I can do with it.

I'm also gonna give SR full editing rights, so that if something needs to be changed and I'm not around it can still be changed.

Sig by me

Comment

For example:

EPISODE 12: Quietus
          Writer: Drewandian
          Progress: In Development

General Plotline: While attempting to deactivate the nanites in the body of Elizabeth Weir, McKay accidentally connects her to the Atlantis computer, causing the city to respond to her subconscious emotions.

---

How can we change that without using Elizabeth's name... suggestions anyone?

Sig by me

Comment

This one too:

Episode 19: What Dreams May Come
            Writer: SK

General Plotline: Elizabeth Weir finds herself in a mental madhouse after her emotions and concerns finally get the best of her. It'll be up to her friends, and her own strength of will, to find a way to overcome the demons that haunt her.

Sig by me

Comment

What GW does is not give a summary at all if it's too much of a spoiler.

Episode 12 - summary could only state that the city's operating system goes on the fritz ... again...

Episode 19 - just take the name out and replace it with 'someone' finds itself or herself could stay in as it may be Teyla even. Then after it's been revealed that Elizabeth is back the name could go back in.

Just random suggestions though...

Comment

Good point. As McKay would say, surprise is an element..... in (y)our favour

For example:

EPISODE 12: Quietus
                Writer: Drewandian

General Plotline: While attempting to deactivate the nanites in the body of Elizabeth Weir, McKay accidentally connects her to the Atlantis computer, causing the city to respond to her subconscious emotions.

---

How can we change that without using Elizabeth's name... suggestions anyone?
                When McKay inadvertedly introduces an new and unpredictable element into the city's database/mainframe/whatever, he must find a way to correct the error before irreperable damage is done to both the city and it's inhabitants

This one too:

Episode 19: What Dreams May Come
                Writer: SK

General Plotline: Elizabeth Weir finds herself in a mental madhouse after her emotions and concerns finally get the best of her. It'll be up to her friends, and her own strength of will, to find a way to overcome the demons that haunt her.
                When one of their own suffers a mental breakdown, the senior staff do their best to try to fix this very personal problem.

Or something else entirely. But Falcon is right, Elizabeth should be mentioned as little as possible, or not at all, to keep things a surprise. Similar to what TPTW did in s4 And then added back in to the blurbs after it is revealed that she's back.
                Last edited by gateraid; 26 June 2010, 03:38 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

We finally repaired all the damage that Teyla did when she was possessed, so everythings up and running if you want to take a look. I couldn't find that seperate bedroom like you requested though - do you have problems sleeping with other people or something?

Sure.....that sounds plausible. Never mind, it doesn't look like there's any privacy here, I may as well go back to work

Hrmmmm....if I stun Ronon & Teyla when Elizabeth comes back, it'll be almost like we're alone. Seems a shame not to utilise these beds properly
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Good point. As McKay would say, surprise is an element..... in (y)our favour

When McKay inadvertedly introduces an new and unpredictable element into the city's database/mainframe/whatever, he must find a way to correct the error before irreperable damage is done to both the city and it's inhabitants

When one of their own suffers a mental breakdown, the senior staff do their best to try to fix this very personal problem.

Or something else entirely. But Falcon is right, Elizabeth should be mentioned as little as possible, or not at all, to keep things a surprise. Similar to what TPTW did in s4 And then added back in to the blurbs after it is revealed that she's back.
                    Oooh, awesome suggestions, I changed the summaries on the website right away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26289[/ATTACH]

We finally repaired all the damage that Teyla did when she was possessed, so everythings up and running if you want to take a look. I couldn't find that seperate bedroom like you requested though - do you have problems sleeping with other people or something?

Sure.....that sounds plausible. Never mind, it doesn't look like there's any privacy here, I may as well go back to work

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26290[/ATTACH]

Hrmmmm....if I stun Ronon & Teyla when Elizabeth comes back, it'll be almost like we're alone. Seems a shame not to utilise these beds properly
                    Lol, John would do anything for some quality alone time with Liz, wouldn't he?

Sig by me

Comment

You people rub off on me when it comes to these Legacy books from Fandemonium.

I did a search earlier trying to learn more about J. Graham and came upon an interesting piece that made me go... Eh, what?!?

It has been mentioned here as well - the whole Kanaan backstory and how he's supposedly older in her universe. She must have clearly missed this bit of information that I pulled from a GW transcript (with a little help because I couldn't remember the exact episode) from The Kindred I:

Spoiler:
                      TEYLA: There is a possible explanation. Kanaan has the Gift – the same ability that I do.

CARTER: The Wraith D.N.A.?

TEYLA: Yes. Among my people, the Gift is considered useful, but it also sets one apart. It can be difficult. Kanaan was the only one who could truly understand what it felt like.

CARTER: It brought you together.

TEYLA: It is something we have shared since childhood.

So, Teyla is 40-something too (or close to it, like Rachel really is). Should I mention this to our dear Graham that canon dictates that Kanaan and Teyla are somewhat of the same age?

Comment

I'm gonna have to start writing everything down But we will ask her and tell her! I don't know when we're gonna ask and tell her all of it, but we will find a way!
                        Also you should give her the url to Martin's sight so she can see what he's doing. No pressure. Heh.

It's because he was completely honest about the subject. Or as he said, exposed. Look how he moved his arms, like he's trying to protect someone; or perhaps himself from that kind of exposure. I adore him right now. he's amazing.

Also, did you guys check out Nathan Fillion's interview? It's very, very moving. Also, Kate Mulgrew said amazing things. I would like, very much, to see Torri in this. *sigh*
                        Martin seems to have the ability to get people to open up emotionally. I can't wait until he publishes the interview and we see what he said to Joe about Sparky and what he said back. *crosses fingers*

Also, SR - me not writing smut??? O_o
                        That is kind of a scary thought. LOL

Yes, those are some amazing interviews; from everyone!
                        And I also really really hope Torri will be able to do this.

Lol, good point. But it is kinda difficult to make a summary without mentioning her when the ep is centered around her But I'll see what I can do with it.

I'm also gonna give SR full editing rights, so that if something needs to be changed and I'm not around it can still be changed.
                        Oooh, thanks. But hopefully, I won't have to use them.

I did a search earlier trying to learn more about J. Graham and came upon an interesting piece that made me go... Eh, what?!?

It has been mentioned here as well - the whole Kanaan backstory and how he's supposedly older in her universe. She must have clearly missed this bit of information that I pulled from a GW transcript (with a little help because I couldn't remember the exact episode) from The Kindred I:

Spoiler:
                        TEYLA: There is a possible explanation. Kanaan has the Gift – the same ability that I do.

TEYLA: Yes. Among my people, the Gift is considered useful, but it also sets one apart. It can be difficult. Kanaan was the only one who could truly understand what it felt like.

So, Teyla is 40-something too (or close to it, like Rachel really is). Should I mention this to our dear Graham that canon dictates that Kanaan and Teyla are somewhat of the same age?
                        I'm hoping we rub off on a lot of people considering that particular travesty. Just one small example of how canon is being ignored because I seriously doubt she's having Teyla be that old. After all, Elizabeth is over 40 and looks tired and drawn so we can't have people think of Teyla like that. Plus John would never be with an older woman so...oh dear....I think this could be a problem. *snorts*

Oh wait, here's the explanation. Teyla really meant that she was a child, not Kanaan. Kanaan was a teenager at the time. And when they got together she was lonely and John wasn't ready to make his move and well, with being polyamorous and all Kanaan was good for the short term. That pregnancy thing was just a temporary inconvenience that's easily remedied with having Kanaan take over the kid and leave her free to hook up with her one twoo wuv. That is until someone else comes along....what with the polyamorous thing and all. Plus, you know, John being interested in the occasional close encounter with guys and all. Works for everyone. *dusts hands*

And I'll give you a cookie if you'll tell her about this.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

After reading this, I looked up Teyla's bio in GW's omnipedia section. It's been some time since I read it. Surprisingly, it doesn't mention her age at all. I remember when SGA first started, I had the impression Teyla was supposed to be about 25 - is this accurate? Clearly I didn't get it off the omnipedia page, so maybe I've been misjudging her age all along. This would make her 30/31 now. I had always thoought the younger age was a bit off - it would've made her the same age as Ford.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Also you should give her the url to Martin's sight so she can see what he's doing. No pressure. Heh.
                            Nope... no pressure all [/sarcasm]

Falcon, I'll give you a whole box if you tell her... I really will... if you're coming to facts

Sig by me

Comment

After reading this, I looked up Teyla's bio in GW's omnipedia section. It's been some time since I read it. Surprisingly, it doesn't mention her age at all. I remember when SGA first started, I had the impression Teyla was supposed to be about 25 - is this accurate? Clearly I didn't get it off the omnipedia page, so maybe I've been misjudging her age all along. This would make her 30/31 now. I had always thoought the younger age was a bit off - it would've made her the same age as Ford.
                              I think in the early days they said Teyla was in her early to mid twenties but that may have been before they hired RL. A lot of things changed in character descriptions after the pilot but some people just insist on having it all like it was originally.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't know if I have enough courage...

Falcon, I'll give you a whole box if you tell her... I really will... if you're coming to facts
                                I will... though like I said I don't know if I have the guts (to gain the glory)...

Comment

Working...
                                X