Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I think I just prompted myself. Stay tuned for the rambles, flail and brainstorm! I will need you (and other sparkies) to save my sanity.
    Yeehaw! It's so awesome when you suddenly have that revelation that solves whatever problem is standing in the way.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I think I just prompted myself. Stay tuned for the rambles, flail and brainstorm! I will need you (and other sparkies) to save my sanity.
      Oh boy. Tomorrow I will have a brain with which to storm. I just got back from clothes shopping with Mr. SR. Sigh.

Spoiler:
      Mr. SR: But I have pants.
      SR: You need casual pants. You know in between business casual and jeans.
      Mr. SR: So where would I wear them?
      SR: Anyplace you can't wear jeans but don't need to be dressy.
      Mr. SR: ????

In Macy's.
      Mr. SR: I wear this size.
      SR: No, you don't. You wear that size.
      Mr. SR: (insists on trying on both sizes)
      SR: How did it go?
      Mr. SR: You're right, that size fits better.
      SR: *sigh*

So basically in 20 minutes we bought 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, a light jacket and some socks. I had a 20% off coupon so it was all good. Oh, and they were all on sale for 1/2 price. Score!

Then we got home.
      Mr. SR: *points in closet* I have 14 pairs of pants in here.
      SR: And now you have 16. Go find some hangers. *sighs*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Oh boy. Tomorrow I will have a brain with which to storm. I just got back from clothes shopping with Mr. SR. Sigh.

Spoiler:

In Macy's.

So basically in 20 minutes we bought 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, a light jacket and some socks. I had a 20% off coupon so it was all good. Oh, and they were all on sale for 1/2 price. Score!

Then we got home.
        *cracks up* Men. Go figure.

I'm just glad on my trip to Macy's on Thursday, I finally found a nice pair of black jeans that actually fit me... they weren't cheap, though. And those 20% off Macy's Rewards cards don't work on that brand.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *cracks up* Men. Go figure.

I'm just glad on my trip to Macy's on Thursday, I finally found a nice pair of black jeans that actually fit me... they weren't cheap, though. And those 20% off Macy's Rewards cards don't work on that brand.
          Naturally, the really good stuff is never on sale. Now I wonder what would happen if Sparky showed up in matching black jeans.

Spoiler:
          John: Well, you see Sir, we were shopping for gifts to bring back and Elizabeth here saw these black jeans on sale.
          Liz: Yes Stephen, it was buy one, get one half off. So naturally...

John: And since we were already there, we just figured...

Liz: I think your new jeans look really really good on you John.

John: Forget you heard that last part....sir.

John: Or we might have to tell everyone we saw you in the Speedo department.
          Liz: *glares*
          sigpic

Comment

Hey y'all. gateraid always dig the caps. SR yours ain't to shabby either. SR and SK Macy's can get rough on their prices. I hate shopping there. But maybe I'm still bitter about them trying to change the name of the Marshall Field building on State and Madison. I need new jeans too. Mine have all become too big on me. (No you may not ask my waist size ). And please see spoiler.

Spoiler:
            I remember the last time I had a gf and we went jeans shopping. It went like this:
            pkp: I won't wear skinny jeans.
            gf: But they're in fashion.
            pkp: So. I still won't wear them.
            gf: *in whiny girl voice* pleeeease. I have a pair in your size *holds up hanger*
            pkp: fine! *takes jeans and goes to dressing room*
            gf: let me see 'em.
            pkp: I can't come out of the dressing room!
            gf: why not?
            pkp: I can't get them past my thighs!!!!!!!!!!!
            gf: come on, there's nobody around.
            pkp: *hops/waddles out of dressing room* SEEE!
            gf: stop faking! You can get them on.
            pkp: no I ... *falls on floor*
            gf: you ok?
            pkp: can I go look at power tools now?

Raise your paws if ya want Penguins Of Unusual Size!
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Hey y'all. gateraid always dig the caps. SR yours ain't to shabby either. SR and SK Macy's can get rough on their prices. I hate shopping there. But maybe I'm still bitter about them trying to change the name of the Marshall Field building on State and Madison. I need new jeans too. Mine have all become too big on me. (No you may not ask my waist size ). And please see spoiler.

Spoiler:
              I remember the last time I had a gf and we went jeans shopping. It went like this:
              gf: *in whiny girl voice* pleeeease. I have a pair in your size *holds up hanger*

Spoiler:
              hubby prefers the carpenter style jeans at old navy....and that last forever (unless your size changes of course)

*raises hand*
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Naturally, the really good stuff is never on sale. Now I wonder what would happen if Sparky showed up in matching black jeans.

Spoiler:
                John: Well, you see Sir, we were shopping for gifts to bring back and Elizabeth here saw these black jeans on sale.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x04-1204.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x04-1208.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x04-1212.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x04-1227.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x04-1259.jpg
                Heeheehee! Now there's a crack!fic idea: Team Atlantis goes shopping on Earth! Including Caldwell and the Daedalus crew, with getting lots and lots of goodies to take back to everyone in Atlantis!

Spoiler:

Yay power tools!

And Penguins Of Unusual Size? *raises both hands and waves frantically!

Comment

Welcome. We think they're great together also. I think they were both right in Hot Zone. John saw it as a military situation and figured it was his job to keep everybody safe. Of course he tends to be a bit reckless with his own safety and didn't stop to think. On the shippy side you can say they both were worried about the other. And it was the first time he called her "Elizabeth". *grin*
                  As sexist as it sounds, there's probably a little bit of man vs woman there too. Men don't like to sit back and take orders in situations like that, especially when they don't think the other person is treating the situation aggressively enough.

Interestingly enough, Weir said that that could never happen again. It was the one time TPTW listened to her, as they never argued again

Thanks for the early morning laughs. You are good when you are bad. I'm glad they didn't do Adrift/LL as a movie to end things. Then we would have missed the Sparky goodness of TMC and GitM. Plus Vegas. I would hate to have missed that one.
                  But they would've been able to put a sex scene in before they left for Asuras No, I think it worked out better with what we got. It could've worked out better still with Weir in s4/5, but that wasn't to be.

S4-5 turned out to be not quite what they had planned for a lot of reasons. In some ways we benefited but in others it was a disaster. On the bright side, no matter what happens now in books or movies or whatever they can't change canon. Things that happened on screen will forever be true and if someday in a movie John moves on with a new love interest, it will be okay because a lot of time has passed and he is entitled. It won't change Sparky however.
                  I couldn't agree more with that. Provided it's done right of course. And let's face it, nobody stays single forever.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

They may be two very different types of shows, but I think it's a valid comparison, especially in how the writers on BSG realistically handled ship.
                  I almost anti-shipped Roslin/Adama. So much so that when he said he couldn't live without her, I was actually surprised. And while I hated Kara/Lee, they did a good job of showing how you can care deeply for two different people, but in completely different ways.

One viewing was enough for me...
                  That's not very sci-fi of either of us - isn't there some rule that says we have to watch these things at least twenty times? Pffft, whatever, once (maybe twice) will do.

Hermiod, and he's dead along with the rest of the Milky Way Asgard. So Caldwell's mourning two loves.
                  Caldwell is keeping him in his quarters - its a seekrit though, so don't tell anyone

Bingo! The way things stand now, he still can't have a relationship with Teyla since they're on the same team.
                  And she's in love (presumably) with someone else

Yeah, it kind of annoyed me that Caldwell lost his edge so soon. He was great as a foil for tension while it lasted.
                  He was awesome in Runner - that's how he should've stayed. The thing was, he wasn't wrong in most cases.

Judging from your latest assortment of pics, I think I've got a pretty good idea. "Bra telekinesis?!" Looks like John's been practicing for eventual ascension so he can have glowy sex with Lizzie!
                  I'm harmless. Or not, some people have taken to trying to fight me lately

Spoiler:

In Macy's.

Then we got home.
                  In Mr SR's defence, clothes shopping is really boring, especially if you already have 14 pairs of the thing you are buying

Spoiler:

Mwhaahaaahaaa!!!!! That is excellent

Spoiler:

I have a pair of jeans that has a tear in the leg, they're worn at the bottom of the leg, the pockets are fraying, and there's a split right underneath, but I still won't throw them out because i) they are really comfortable ii) I refuse to go shopping for more iii) if anyone is close enough to realise there is a split underneath, well, um, I'm sure you know the line.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Whilst looking at some of the ideas for your big bang fic, Anuna, something stuck me (it's an extension of an idea that's already there) that may work as a reason for bringing Atlantis back to PG in s6. I say may because it involves a fairly large amount of foreshadowing, so may not really be suitable.

What if, as planned, the majority of the first ep is about everyone reconnecting with Earth etc, but at the end, BAMSR Weir (or another one like her) turns up in her replicator ship. She attempts to persuade SGC to return Atlantis to PG, but when they don't agree, she (with help from her small crew) steals it (they want all the retrovirus research, as well as Atlantis's firepower). The Apollo gets blown up in the process. SGC has to attempt to recover Atlantis with the Deadalus and the replicator ship.

As they retake the city, the replicator ship is destroyed. SGA-1 etc have to use the ARG's to kill the replicators in the city. Shep has to kill repliWeir - she says something which Shep takes as meaning there are more Weir copies out there, but actually is a veiled hint that the real Weir is still alive.

Perhaps they land the city and submerge it - the only way to get in is for Shep etc to use a jumper - meaning only SGA-1 can go.

I'm not sure what would happen to the people on Atlantis at the time - maybe Weir uses the isolation protocols and seals them all in different sections of the city whilst they steal it/it is in hyperspace - and cuts life support in the control room (replicators don't breathe).

The Deadalus could either be severely crippled and in need of repair, or disappear back to Earth to brief SGC.
                    Yeah, I know, it needs work
                    Last edited by gateraid; 12 April 2010, 02:22 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Haha. I can picture you in the dressing room struggling to get those jeans up. Or maybe not. I think Macy's is having a bit of financial difficulty as most clothing stores are today. The local one has been having fabulous sales.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      As sexist as it sounds, there's probably a little bit of man vs woman there too. Men don't like to sit back and take orders in situations like that, especially when they don't think the other person is treating the situation aggressively enough.

Interestingly enough, Weir said that that could never happen again. It was the one time TPTW listened to her, as they never argued again
                      Very true I think. We saw the fact that he used her first name and worried about the fact that Peterson was headed right for her and neither of them could risk having the other infected as being shippy. That it was, but this later conversation between John and Teyla may prove your point somewhat.

Spoiler:
                      TEYLA: You should not have undermined Doctor Weir's authority in front of Sergeant Bates.

SHEPPARD: Sometimes Elizabeth makes a decision early on and gets locked into it. That's a problem.

TEYLA: She is not the only one who suffers from that affliction.

(John looks at her, then rolls his eyes before activating his radio.)

SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir, this is Sheppard. Teyla and I are ready to head out. What's Peterson's location?

(In the Control Room, Elizabeth hears him but stares at a laptop and does not reply.)

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth.

(Elizabeth pauses for a moment longer, then speaks, her voice flat and emotionless.)

WEIR: He's in section E19, level three.

(John puts his hazmat helmet on and looks at Teyla.)

SHEPPARD: Let's head out.

Because he and Elizabeth are so alike, he sees getting locked into a decision as a fault of hers but doesn't recognize it in himself. That may be purely a "who's in charge" kind of thing but it could also be John's reluctance to cede authority totally to a woman. I don't see him as having a problem with women in authority so it may be that by this point he has developed such a protective attitude toward Elizabeth that he no longer thinks of her as being his boss. *shrugs* I'm not sure what his actual motivation is. Teyla certainly saw it. In the transcript earlier they had her rolling her eyes at his blustering.

In Mr SR's defence, clothes shopping is really boring, especially if you already have 14 pairs of the thing you are buying
                      What is this of which you speak? That's like saying you only need one pair of black shoes.
                      sigpic

Comment

You guys had some great conversations last week.

Sorry I haven't been around to prompt with the SS6 stuff. Honestly, I haven't felt like discussing SGA much in the last few weeks though I am still writing Sparky.

Onto Primum Movens, if you guys feel up to discussing it. I'd say to visit the journal for the background, because we hashed a lot of it out very early on, but if you have some additional suggestions please feel free to add them.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Until their little 'disagreement' in First Strike.

But they would've been able to put a sex scene in before they left for Asuras No, I think it worked out better with what we got. It could've worked out better still with Weir in s4/5, but that wasn't to be.
                          Who says they didn't?

That's not very sci-fi of either of us - isn't there some rule that says we have to watch these things at least twenty times? Pffft, whatever, once (maybe twice) will do.
                          If there is such a rule, I've never heard of it. Therefore, it doesn't exist.

Caldwell is keeping him in his quarters - its a seekrit though, so don't tell anyone
                          *cracks up* Hermiod's body is being kept frozen in a stasis tube, and Caldwell weeps over it every night. LMAO!

Very true I think. We saw the fact that he used her first name and worried about the fact that Peterson was headed right for her and neither of them could risk having the other infected as being shippy. That it was, but this later conversation between John and Teyla may prove your point somewhat.

Spoiler:
                          TEYLA: You should not have undermined Doctor Weir's authority in front of Sergeant Bates.

SHEPPARD: Sometimes Elizabeth makes a decision early on and gets locked into it. That's a problem.

TEYLA: She is not the only one who suffers from that affliction.

(John looks at her, then rolls his eyes before activating his radio.)

SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir, this is Sheppard. Teyla and I are ready to head out. What's Peterson's location?

(In the Control Room, Elizabeth hears him but stares at a laptop and does not reply.)

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth.

(Elizabeth pauses for a moment longer, then speaks, her voice flat and emotionless.)

WEIR: He's in section E19, level three.

(John puts his hazmat helmet on and looks at Teyla.)

SHEPPARD: Let's head out.

Because he and Elizabeth are so alike, he sees getting locked into a decision as a fault of hers but doesn't recognize it in himself. That may be purely a "who's in charge" kind of thing but it could also be John's reluctance to cede authority totally to a woman. I don't see him as having a problem with women in authority so it may be that by this point he has developed such a protective attitude toward Elizabeth that he no longer thinks of her as being his boss. *shrugs* I'm not sure what his actual motivation is. Teyla certainly saw it. In the transcript earlier they had her rolling her eyes at his blustering.
                          Chivalry. He wants to protect the woman he can't admit he loves. How's that for shippy?

Comment

On to SS6...

Whilst looking at some of the ideas for your big bang fic, Anuna, something stuck me (it's an extension of an idea that's already there) that may work as a reason for bringing Atlantis back to PG in s6. I say may because it involves a fairly large amount of foreshadowing, so may not really be suitable.

What if, as planned, the majority of the first ep is about everyone reconnecting with Earth etc, but at the end, BAMSR Weir (or another one like her) turns up in her replicator ship. She attempts to persuade SGC to return Atlantis to PG, but when they don't agree, she (with help from her small crew) steals it (they want all the retrovirus research, as well as Atlantis's firepower). The Apollo gets blown up in the process. SGC has to attempt to recover Atlantis with the Deadalus and the replicator ship.

As they retake the city, the replicator ship is destroyed. SGA-1 etc have to use the ARG's to kill the replicators in the city. Shep has to kill repliWeir - she says something which Shep takes as meaning there are more Weir copies out there, but actually is a veiled hint that the real Weir is still alive.

Perhaps they land the city and submerge it - the only way to get in is for Shep etc to use a jumper - meaning only SGA-1 can go.

I'm not sure what would happen to the people on Atlantis at the time - maybe Weir uses the isolation protocols and seals them all in different sections of the city whilst they steal it/it is in hyperspace - and cuts life support in the control room (replicators don't breathe).

The Deadalus could either be severely crippled and in need of repair, or disappear back to Earth to brief SGC.
                            Yeah, I know, it needs work
                            Another duplicate? That certainly helps to sell the idea that there were many copies made (*snerks at the BSG reference*), though the thing to remember is that every copy is Elizabeth at its core. So would she go to that extreme? (then again, the real Elizabeth did join up for the Return mission...)

And I like blowing up the Apollo. Then again, I never did like Ellis.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Sorry I haven't been around to prompt with the SS6 stuff. Honestly, I haven't felt like discussing SGA much in the last few weeks though I am still writing Sparky.

Onto Primum Movens, if you guys feel up to discussing it. I'd say to visit the journal for the background, because we hashed a lot of it out very early on, but if you have some additional suggestions please feel free to add them.
                            I wonder if we should start discussing some elements of Lockdown and House of Mirrors at this time, as all of these episodes are closely interconnected?

Also, our discussion last week about the team never trying to find any proof that Elizabeth was alive or dead and why McKay didn't look in the Replicator database while he was on Asuras in BAMSR gave me a thought: McKay and Ronon weren't the only ones with secret missions on Asuras. Remember that Wraith team that stole some ZPMs? What if they also downloaded a bunch of information in the Replicator database, scientific files and the like? Could the information on the real Elizabeth's status have been among the data that the Wraith stole, and does that mean Todd might now have it? It may not even have to name Elizabeth specifically, just a reference to the "Control," which our team will be looking for in Primum Movens.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

We discussed PM pretty thoroughly before. The comm has mega info on it. I can't think of a thing to add that won't confuse me.

On to SS6...

Another duplicate? That certainly helps to sell the idea that there were many copies made (*snerks at the BSG reference*), though the thing to remember is that every copy is Elizabeth at its core. So would she go to that extreme? (then again, the real Elizabeth did join up for the Return mission...)

I wonder if we should start discussing some elements of Lockdown and House of Mirrors at this time, as all of these episodes are closely interconnected?

Also, our discussion last week about the team never trying to find any proof that Elizabeth was alive or dead and why McKay didn't look in the Replicator database while he was on Asuras in BAMSR gave me a thought: McKay and Ronon weren't the only ones with secret missions on Asuras. Remember that Wraith team that stole some ZPMs? What if they also downloaded a bunch of information in the Replicator database, scientific files and the like? Could the information on the real Elizabeth's status have been among the data that the Wraith stole, and does that mean Todd might now have it? It may not even have to name Elizabeth specifically, just a reference to the "Control," which our team will be looking for in Primum Movens.
                              I like the Todd idea. I always thought he knew more than he let on and just parceled out little tidbits to torture tease John.
                              sigpic

Comment

On to SS6...

I think we should definitely discuss Lockdown and House of Mirrors together, since they'll be the Elizabeth 'arc' and the start and end points of Elizabeth's full integration back into Atlantis life.

With Primum Movens, though, I don't think it's necessary because the action will be moving so fast her mental state won't really be an issue. Nothing as far as what to do with her will be resolved--it'll be hinted at, but for the ending scene I was thinking of actually having Elizabeth not even allowed on the balcony, and with SO's guarding her, because she's still a threat. Maybe a cliffhanger-y type ending of what to do about her by the group, with hints as to eliminating the nanites. But it might be cool to have the ending be a little darker.

As to the Todd--I've actually been struggling with not being too confusing with the Vanir. I was wondering if the story should be reworked to not include them--and then have them pop up in stuff like "The Pegasus Coalition". Would it make sense to have Todd be the one who picks up Franibeth because he, too, notices neutronium is what is being mined, and in his time on Atlantis he discovered her location, then when he figured out it was neutronium he put two and two together and knew something was up by the replicators? So he went and got her, figured out there are replicators around, found out about 'the Control' and decided to destroy it?

Only Franibeth contacts Atlantis and lets them know about it, to prevent it. Atlantis gets there first. Only when Elizabeth is awoken, it sends a message to the still-alive Oberoth (who d/led himself into that replicator from reunion) that the Control has been activated, which poses a problem. So he discovers Franibeth is alive and assimilates her to do his bidding, only it doesn't go quite as planned.

Asuras II is still the main goal of Oberoth and repopulation of the replicators. We just take the Vanir out of it.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X