No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any good Sparky prompts need to get Kolya's twisted mind out of my head!
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      The subject of that PM has us all needing therapists. Twitter rants aren't enough.

My sentiments exactly. When are TV writers going to figure it out? I still have hopes for Castle. And it will be interesting to see what happens on Chuck also. (Anuna, don't read the spoiler!

Spoiler:
      Chuck is a good test of what happens when you get the couple together.
      Yeah where's Kate? Hey, FH, let her come out to help us all!!

The thing about UST and TV shows.... I think they're so afraid of losing viewers if the UST is resolved that they fail to see they'll also lose viewers by dragging it on for so long that you can't respect the characters any more. For NCIS I don't care enough for it to be a deal breaker, but I'm over Bones for that reason. I'm still watching Bones, but it's really only because my RL friends watch and I want to be included.

As for NCIS,
      Spoiler:
      the point of no return for Tony/Ziva for me was the season 7 opener "Truth or Consequences". Tony's feelings were completely exposed (and wow was that episode AWESOME!). Pulling back after that was a complete jump the shark for their relationship. Even if they got together now I wouldn't really care anymore.

Night Sparkies!

Comment

Speaking of NCIS
        Spoiler:
        tonight's episode is confusing me to death. (no pun intended) considering that
        Spoiler:
        Mike Franks
        died.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          NCIS OT
          Spoiler:
          No, and it's as ridiculous as Bones (and X-Files back in the day). After a certain point, you should either let the characters hook up or completely move on.
          My sentiments exactly. When are TV writers going to figure it out? I still have hopes for Castle. And it will be interesting to see what happens on Chuck also. (Anuna, don't read the spoiler!

Spoiler:
          Chuck is a good test of what happens when you get the couple together.
          Heh, exactly what I thought!
          Spoiler:
          I love Chuck and Sarah, and some shows do fall apart after putting the two leads (or anybody) in a relationship, but "Chuck" made it work. Why no one else can seem to get the point is beyond me.

The subject of that PM has us all needing therapists. Twitter rants aren't enough.
          *pulls out hair*

The thing about UST and TV shows.... I think they're so afraid of losing viewers if the UST is resolved that they fail to see they'll also lose viewers by dragging it on for so long that you can't respect the characters any more. For NCIS I don't care enough for it to be a deal breaker, but I'm over Bones for that reason. I'm still watching Bones, but it's really only because my RL friends watch and I want to be included.

As for NCIS,
          Spoiler:
          the point of no return for Tony/Ziva for me was the season 7 opener "Truth or Consequences". Tony's feelings were completely exposed (and wow was that episode AWESOME!). Pulling back after that was a complete jump the shark for their relationship. Even if they got together now I wouldn't really care anymore.

Night Sparkies!
          Eek. Shows scare me. That's why I write fanfic.

Later!
          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 11 May 2011, 05:44 PM. Reason: SPOILERS!!!

Comment

As for NCIS,
            Spoiler:

Night Sparkies!
            Exactly my views on both shows. I was the same way by the end of X-Files and I can remember a time when my friend and I were our own little X-Files fandom. By the end, she wasn't even watching anymore. She's also a Sparky shipper, BTW.

I personally think Tony and Ziva have lost whatever chemistry they had early on. And Brennan is starting to annoy me. Asperger's anyone?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Heh, exactly what I thought! I love Chuck and Sarah, and some shows do fall apart after putting the two leads (or anybody) in a relationship, but "Chuck" made it work. Why no one else can seem to get the point is beyond me.

*pulls out hair*

Eek. Shows scare me. That's why I write fanfic.

Later!
            Can you please quickly put the comments about Chuck in spoilers? I just convinced Anuna to start watching and she's clueless about that. This week's show was just adorable to the max. Though Lester is getting on my last nerve. And may I just say, yay Jeff?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Gah, UST. Gotta love it, gotta hate it. It's a great storytelling tool, but it's something that can't be abused.

As for the insane stuff that TV shows do.. OMGWTF NCIS?!?!?

*heads back to the writing desk*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Who called for a therapist and why do you need me? What happened today? Something else except FOX cancelling Lie to me? Am I even ready to hear this, lol?
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Who called for a therapist and why do you need me? What happened today? Something else except FOX cancelling Lie to me? Am I even ready to hear this, lol?
                  Nothing happened today that I know of. We were talking about other things that have us ranting on Twitter.

And yeah, Fox seems to be on some kind of a cancelfest. I fear for the future of television as we know it. Anything the least bit original gets canceled.

Did you solve your Win7 problem?
                  sigpic

Comment

Exactly my views on both shows. I was the same way by the end of X-Files and I can remember a time when my friend and I were our own little X-Files fandom. By the end, she wasn't even watching anymore. She's also a Sparky shipper, BTW.

I personally think Tony and Ziva have lost whatever chemistry they had early on. And Brennan is starting to annoy me. Asperger's anyone?
                    That's awesome to have a real life friend who also loves Sparky. None of my RL friends have even heard of the show!

Agree about Tony and Ziva. The spark (pun completely intended) was lost.

As for Brennan...
                    Spoiler:
                    I only got 1/2 through an episode from a few weeks ago, where she was horribly mean to that Canadian podiatrist. I really disliked her and couldn't keep watching. A friend who watches the show told me Brennan later turned around. But it's kinda like SGA where they hit the reset button. By now she should not still be so thoughtless. No character evolve, you know? Like Rodney - he'd have episodes like Tao of Rodney and The Shrine, but the reset button would be hit afterwards.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Gah, UST. Gotta love it, gotta hate it. It's a great storytelling tool, but it's something that can't be abused.

As for the insane stuff that TV shows do.. OMGWTF NCIS?!?!?

*heads back to the writing desk*
                    I hope this is a lesson to all you SGA Rising people. Please don't continue the UST forever. I know
                    Spoiler:
                    that nothing will happen in S6 obviously, but if you end up writing a season 7 you'd better darn well make it RST!
                    Hee!

I just can't get over the unethical behavior of some people. It shouldn't surprise me, really. I'm sorry about Lie To Me!

Nothing happened today that I know of. We were talking about other things that have us ranting on Twitter.

And yeah, Fox seems to be on some kind of a cancelfest. I fear for the future of television as we know it. Anything the least bit original gets canceled.

Did you solve your Win7 problem?
                    And there are way too many reality shows. Most of them I find horrifying, because they encourage people to act nasty and be mean to each other. Yeah, that's just what today's society should be encouraging. [/sarcasm]

Comment

I did, I wrote a fic in Kolya's POV....believe me it was not a easy task, it was rather traumatizing...

And looked at the list....at least Fringe is still there! If not we would have had a problem.
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope this is a lesson to all you SGA Rising people. Please don't continue the UST forever. I know
                        Spoiler:
                        that nothing will happen in S6 obviously, but if you end up writing a season 7 you'd better darn well make it RST!
                        Hee!
                        No fear there.
                        Spoiler:
                        We've been thinking all along that we'd go to RST in Season 7. Now, just when in Season 7 is yet to be determined...
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That's awesome to have a real life friend who also loves Sparky. None of my RL friends have even heard of the show!
                          Lucky while I am trying to get a few people converted, including my Roommate, onto SGA (as a repayment into getting me into Hawaii Five-0) I have one real life friend who likes SGA.....and she's a Sheyla fan, we get into so many playful arguements on who John was with in the show. The obvious winner is Sparky.
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

On the RL people who watch SGA, I have 3 Sparky fans who are friends. Obviously, my friends are brilliant. I've mentioned before that a friend recently watched S1 on Netflix and immediately became a Sparky fan. She had never heard of the show until I came back from the Chicago con all fangirly. She just fell in love with Elizabeth's character and referred to John as "that guy she's in love with". LOL Nobody I know who's ever watched the show ever saw any other ship. SR Jr. even argued with me when I told him TPTB had other plans. It's that obvious, even to someone who could care less about ship.

You don't have to wear special glasses, or squint or interpret scenes to fit your ship that aren't the least bit shippy. There it is--unscripted, unwritten, unacted at times--yet as obvious as the nose on your face. Sparky FTW!
                            sigpic

Comment

You don't have to wear special glasses, or squint or interpret scenes to fit your ship that aren't the least bit shippy. There it is--unscripted, unwritten, unacted at times--yet as obvious as the nose on your face. Sparky FTW!
                              I knew it from the beginning. Hell you saw it in Rising! Elizabeth regretting sending John out, the ending scene....
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

On the RL people who watch SGA, I have 3 Sparky fans who are friends. Obviously, my friends are brilliant. I've mentioned before that a friend recently watched S1 on Netflix and immediately became a Sparky fan. She had never heard of the show until I came back from the Chicago con all fangirly. She just fell in love with Elizabeth's character and referred to John as "that guy she's in love with". LOL Nobody I know who's ever watched the show ever saw any other ship. SR Jr. even argued with me when I told him TPTB had other plans. It's that obvious, even to someone who could care less about ship.

Sounds like a job for:

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X