Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I wanted to say "it's funny" but after seeing what they say about Torri, I hate it. Some things are funny and others are just stupidity.
    yeah now that i took a second look at it whoever made that really doesn't like stargate or that they are trying to get a good laugh and they failed miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      yeah now that i took a second look at it whoever made that really doesn't like stargate or that they are trying to get a good laugh and they failed miserably.
      Exactly but I like the fact they think John is the boyfriend of Elizabeth.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Exactly but I like the fact they think John is the boyfriend of Elizabeth.
        yeah. that was pretty sweet.

Comment

nephty I look forward to reading it! And I know what you mean...I literally have a list of Sparky fics that are just begging to be written...darn plot bunnies! LOL

Probie I live in the US and I'm not sure what the football fuss is all about....
          Oh and did you know that on Command Dynamics you can change your background? In the menus on the right there's one that says "Change Layout" with a drop-down menu under it.. they have a handful of different layouts/colors....
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            nephty I look forward to reading it! And I know what you mean...I literally have a list of Sparky fics that are just begging to be written...darn plot bunnies! LOL

Probie I live in the US and I'm not sure what the football fuss is all about....
            Oh and did you know that on Command Dynamics you can change your background? In the menus on the right there's one that says "Change Layout" with a drop-down menu under it.. they have a handful of different layouts/colors....
            In my arms. I didn't know it. You save my eyes.
            But it's still a mistery: Why they choose green/yellow first?lol
            sigpic

Comment

In my arms. I didn't know it. You save my eyes.
              But it's still a mistery: Why they choose green/yellow first?lol
              no problem...i use the one called zenlike

oh and the random story featured today is one of Anuna's!
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

John Respected Elizabeth But the only thing that kinda got me was that whole " i have more respect for you than any other commanding officer i ever had" line John said to Carter in "Search and Rescue" So Does that mean He Respected her more than Elizabeth?
                Elizabeth wasn't his commanding officer since she wasn't military.

SR It was First Strike that he was Scolded by Elizabeth about the "Excellent and Above Averages"
                Thanks, I knew Return didn't sound right. OMG, I'm starting to forget episodes.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Don't know them. Need to read those stories even if the green of Command Dynamics hurts my little eyes.lol Annoying girl? Yes it's me.

After searching on the net, Lane Kiffin leaves Tennessee for Southern California. Students have many violent reactions. It seems to be a big problem for Football universe. I'm trying to understand but your world is a mistery for me.lol

I read all pages and I'm confused.lol
                  The Lane Kiffin thing is a big deal because hardly anybody gets that much up in arms over a coach leaving. This is bordering on insanity, the reaction from UT fans.

No super juicy tidbits on anything yet save for the fact that students protested outside the athletic building where Kiffin spoke to his players after the news broke.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! Hahahah!

First, to get the OT stuff out of the way...

Hooray for your son surviving the cuts, SR!

*snickers* Interesting is right! Tennessee students burning mattresses? Sheesh. Looks like the rumors of Norm Chow jumping ship from UCLA to return to USC may have been premature (bummer!). The splash page of the USC Athletics website has a nice big banner welcoming Lane back, with a link to watch his press conference at 4pm (Pacific Time).

Welcome back, Tanie! Hope to see you around a little more!

ZOMG, YES!!!! That is exactly the kind of thing that I think could happen. Taking workaholism to the extreme and burning out in a spectacular explosion. Perhaps literally.

I keep thinking that if he goes out, he'll go out in a blaze of glory, saving the city, saving Earth, etc.

I agree with you, I don't think John ever ignored Elizabeth's authority, either. In Hot Zone, while he was trying to protect her and everyone else in Atlantis, he still did step on her toes, and he knew it, and I think he did regret it. I think that same kind of regret colors every instance where they have disagreed, like Trinity, where Rodney convinced him to convince Elizabeth to let Rodney's work continue, or First Strike, where John appeared to side with Ellis without voicing any real concerns about the attack plan. Every time, John clearly appears to feel regret about the way things turned out and knows full well that he's responsible for it; that he's failed Elizabeth's trust in a fundamental way.
                  I don't think Sheppard fans would have it any other way. I still have a weird suspicion they might kill him off in the final final whatever of SGA, if they get the chance for anything.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Green? CD is a puke yellow for me. ???

Don't try to understand the football world. It's a mystery even to those of us who have lived in it all their lives.

Forget the football talk. We're discussing John and what it would take to make him break and become like the Vegas!John.

And I asked if anyone thinks John did not respect Elizabeth or that he was able to get away with anything because she liked him too much.
                  Did he get away with stuff? Yeah, sure, she let things slide by because they were chummy and it was civilian/military, not military/military, but there's a difference between what is necessary and not. Did Elizabeth consider paperwork deadlines necessary? Probably not. It would have helped her run a tighter ship, but considering all the crazy crap that went on, I don't think she saw deadlines as being vital to anything--so John can laze back a little on that kind of stuff.

But anything important? No, I don't think he got away with anything. John never really tried to get away with anything sleazy or go behind her back in the first place that I can think of, and second, we actually do see Elizabeth kick into boss mode at times, even with friends. One scene in particular I always remember is in Echoes when Rodney shows she and John information about 'the whales' and she retorts 'this isn't cutting into your work time, is it?' And in both Echoes and Tao of Rodney, they have to sort of get her permission to do certain things.

And perhaps most convincing is her reaction in The Game when she finds out about the consoles. She did exercised authority over them when she had to.

But my take is that generally they worked so well together that nobody sweated the small stuff. Elizabeth didn't really have to be a nitpicky leader. Remember when Caldwell is reaming Sheppard's organizational skills in Conversion and Elizabeth hotly defends him, but essentially acknowledges he's not the best at the organization thing? She elected for John's abilities and loyalties over his paperwork skills, because she tells Caldwell at the end that whether he accepts Caldwell's 'better' administrative methods is completely up to John. I think overall having someone she trusted completely at her side was more important that little things like outlines, on-time progress reports, etc.

And that is probably what it boils down to--trust. She trusted John completely after Siege II, which not only refers to his supporting her, but in his methods and his job. That trust also extends to knowing that he was reliable and trustworthy, not a slacker and not going to take advantage of her faith in him.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I don't think Sheppard fans would have it any other way. I still have a weird suspicion they might kill him off in the final final whatever of SGA, if they get the chance for anything.
                    I'd be perfectly happy with seeing Sheppard get killed off in a final final whatever... because then he can be together with Elizabeth in death and beyond.

Me? Morbid? Why yes, I am a Goth.

Did he get away with stuff? Yeah, sure, she let things slide by because they were chummy and it was civilian/military, not military/military, but there's a difference between what is necessary and not. Did Elizabeth consider paperwork deadlines necessary? Probably not. It would have helped her run a tighter ship, but considering all the crazy crap that went on, I don't think she saw deadlines as being vital to anything--so John can laze back a little on that kind of stuff.

But anything important? No, I don't think he got away with anything. John never really tried to get away with anything sleazy or go behind her back in the first place that I can think of, and second, we actually do see Elizabeth kick into boss mode at times, even with friends. One scene in particular I always remember is in Echoes when Rodney shows she and John information about 'the whales' and she retorts 'this isn't cutting into your work time, is it?' And in both Echoes and Tao of Rodney, they have to sort of get her permission to do certain things.

And perhaps most convincing is her reaction in The Game when she finds out about the consoles. She did exercised authority over them when she had to.

But my take is that generally they worked so well together that nobody sweated the small stuff. Elizabeth didn't really have to be a nitpicky leader. Remember when Caldwell is reaming Sheppard's organizational skills in Conversion and Elizabeth hotly defends him, but essentially acknowledges he's not the best at the organization thing? She elected for John's abilities and loyalties over his paperwork skills, because she tells Caldwell at the end that whether he accepts Caldwell's 'better' administrative methods is completely up to John. I think overall having someone she trusted completely at her side was more important that little things like outlines, on-time progress reports, etc.

And that is probably what it boils down to--trust. She trusted John completely after Siege II, which not only refers to his supporting her, but in his methods and his job. That trust also extends to knowing that he was reliable and trustworthy, not a slacker and not going to take advantage of her faith in him.
                    Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! I couldn't have said that better myself. It's the kind of person John is that's important to Elizabeth, not his bureaucratic skills (or lack therof).
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The Lane Kiffin thing is a big deal because hardly anybody gets that much up in arms over a coach leaving. This is bordering on insanity, the reaction from UT fans.

No super juicy tidbits on anything yet save for the fact that students protested outside the athletic building where Kiffin spoke to his players after the news broke.

*stands up and applauds* My thoughts exactly. And if John got away with stuff, so did Rodney. She was friends with both of them but invoked her authority when she needed to and I think they respected her. The line in TOR when John said "Elizabeth made me" to Rodney just tickled me to death. You could take that on a personal level or you could take it as she put on her boss hat and ordered him to do it. Either way, it showed he certainly did not get away with much. The Game is also an excellent example of how she clamped down on them when necessary.

I'd be perfectly happy with seeing Sheppard get killed off in a final final whatever... because then he can be together with Elizabeth in death and beyond.

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! I couldn't have said that better myself. It's the kind of person John is that's important to Elizabeth, not his bureaucratic skills (or lack therof).
                      I too would be happy with John dying in the final final. But alas we may not ever get to that stage. I don't think they would ever let him have a happy ending like Teyla got. Or even a stable relationship like McKeller.
                      sigpic

Comment

I too would be happy with John dying in the final final. But alas we may not ever get to that stage. I don't think they would ever let him have a happy ending like Teyla got. Or even a stable relationship like McKeller.
                        Well I don't like my favourite characters to die, but if that was really necessary I'd hope he'd reach ascended Elizabeth and live as pure energy with her for eternity
                        I'm hopelessly romantic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                          Well I don't like my favourite characters to die, but if that was really necessary I'd hope he'd reach ascended Elizabeth and live as pure energy with her for eternity
                          I'm hopelessly romantic
                          I like this idea too....

I'm another hopeless romantic
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                            I'm hopelessly romantic
                            Aren't we all. I feel the same way.
                            sigpic

Comment

*stands up and applauds* My thoughts exactly. And if John got away with stuff, so did Rodney. She was friends with both of them but invoked her authority when she needed to and I think they respected her. The line in TOR when John said "Elizabeth made me" to Rodney just tickled me to death. You could take that on a personal level or you could take it as she put on her boss hat and ordered him to do it. Either way, it showed he certainly did not get away with much. The Game is also an excellent example of how she clamped down on them when necessary.

Cuz Joe can't get pregnant and necessitate it.

I like that line in TOR, too; to me it's very Sparky because of the conversation before it, in which Elizabeth is very gently (and not very bossily) explaining why John should help Rodney. From one scene to the next I get the impression that John doesn't want to admit that he's scared enough for Rodney's life that he will do anything to help and so he took Elizabeth's advice. Instead, it's "Elizabeth made me." The whole John aura in TOR is very 'cute.'

And I too, would opt for the hopeless romantic ending.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Ok now I undestand. So who, on this thread, is happy or not?

I agree with SR. Like this idea (But if he stays alive and alone, I will be happy. Not only because I'm a Sparky). I like the fact is the only one to no have a happy ending in EATG. This episode is too much "Club Med" for me. Everybody has someone. Don't know if you know "Club Med" in your country. A stupid french company. They offer trips. Sometimes it is special for singles and at the end of the adventure everyone has a lover. And blablabla. Stop me when I talk for nothing.lol

drew: Love your new avatar.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X