Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Before I head off to the first night of my "Wines of Italy" class, I'll leave you with a fun discussion question:

If John and Elizabeth could share a romantic dinner anywhere in the world, where would they go and what would they eat?
    Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Final part:
    Small warning: there's a possibility of a sugar overdose

Spoiler:
    One month later
    Elizabeth looked around her new desk at Georgetown University. The last month had been incredibly hectic. It had all begun with her having to defend all the things she had wanted to take home with her. Every item had been checked, rechecked and triple-checked. She had been questioned about her intentions with her new SGC-less life. They wanted to know if she could stay away from the program and, if needed, she’d be interested in joining the program again.
    She had earned a smirk by answering that no one ever really leaves the Stargate program.
    To her surprise, Jack O’Neill had been the one to drive her to the small airport and he had been the one to fly her to Washington. He’d been there for her when she needed someone to talk to and he had quickly become one of her best friends. Of course her very best friend was still light-years away in another galaxy and the chance that she would ever see him again was ridiculously small.
    It was a joy to see her mother again every Sunday and to take Sedgewick for her daily walks. Only now she realized how much she had truly missed the animal.
    Taking a couple of weeks off between the hectic and stressful live in Atlantis and the teaching job at Georgetown had been exactly what she needed. She had visited old friends and family members she hadn’t seen since leaving for Atlantis so many years ago. She was amazed at how much her nephews and nieces had grown. Somewhere deep inside she regretted not being closer to them, but then she remembered what she had seen and lived through in Atlantis and that regret didn’t last long. She wouldn’t trade her time in Atlantis for anything in the world. The only thing she wished for was that it could have lasted longer. The only thing she regretted was never telling a certain Lieutenant Colonel how she felt about him.

Another month later
    Elizabeth wiped a hand over her face and let out a yawn. Grading papers was boring.
    When a knock on her door sounded, she didn’t bother looking up. It was probably just a student with a question. Or maybe it was Professor Laurie. He’d been trying to ask her out a couple of times now and she knew she was running out of excuses.
    Letting out a sigh, she called whoever it was inside.
    Her eyes were still glued on the paper in front of her. “Take a seat. I’ll be right with you.”
    When the Athosian pot on her desk scraped over the hard-wood top of her desk, her heart skipped a beat. Did she dare hope and look up?
    The person, who had been rearranging her desk, planted himself down on the corner of her desk right in the spot where the pot had been.
    “Much better.”
    Her heart skipped another beat. She could recognize that voice anywhere.
    Barely daring to look up, terrified it was another dream, she slowly let her eyes roam over his body, until they locked with his eyes and for a moment she was totally lost.
    “John.” She breathed.
    “Hey.” He answered with a small grin.
    She blinked her eyes, still terrified it was a dream.
    “You’re here.”
    “Isn’t that obvious?” He asked with a hint of humor in his voice.
    “I’m just amazed you got some time off.”
    “My new boss is easier in giving off-time.”
    One of her eyebrows slowly rose. She couldn’t have heard that right. “Woolsey is easier?”
    “I’m not talking about Woolsey.” He fished a business card out of one of his pockets and handed it over to her.
    When she took it, their fingers touched lightly and her breath hitched involuntarily.
    She read the info on the card and her eyes grew larger.
    “John, what is this?”
    “It’s my new business card.”
    She stared at him with unbelief clear in her eyes.
    “This can’t be right.”
    “Does it say I’m a helicopter pilot working for Delta Airlines?”
    “Yes.”
    “Then it’s right.”
    “But…” She was lost for words. Feelings overwhelmed her and the complications and possibilities nearly knocked her off her chair. “What happened?”
    “I resigned my commission, so I needed another job. I was just lucky there was an opening for someone based in Washington. I’ll now be flying fat politicians around in helicopters instead of eager young marines in jumpers.”
    “But you love the jumpers.” She whispered, still trying to grasp what was happening.
    “Yeah… but still… they weren’t as much fun anymore when I couldn’t take you along to the mainland or to go watch a spacy sunset.”
    “John… why?” He couldn’t be doing this. Atlantis had been his life, his home, his everything. Why was he doing this?
    He locked eyes with her again and suddenly she realized her life would be drastically changing today.
    “I couldn’t do it without you.” Getting up from the desk, he made his way over to her and kneeled down in front of her chair. He was close to her, but he still held his distance. “It was only after you left that I realized how you were, are and always will be Atlantis. It was then that I realized I never would have managed to do what I had done for over four years without you by my side, guiding me, helping me, simply being there for me. Without you, Atlantis was just another place.” He licked his lips and gently took one of her hands in his. “You are my true home, Elizabeth. Without you I feel lost and homesick.”
    Her heart was beating out of control and she wasn’t sure she had released a single breath during his entire monologue. She knew how difficult it was for him to open up on a personal level and suddenly she realized something.
    “You’re my home too, John.”
    The happiest smile she had ever seen appeared on his face.
    “I… I know this is probably too soon, but we’ve lost so much time already…” He produced a small square box out of one of his pockets. “Elizabeth Weir, do you want to marry me?” He opened the box and showed her the beautiful silver ring inside.
    Her mind reeled. Was this really happening? He hadn’t even met her mother yet… who was she kidding? It was her life, not her mothers and right now she felt happier than she could ever remember.
    “Of course I’ll marry you, John.”
    He let out a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding, took the ring out of the box and oh so gently placed it around her finger.
    “I love you, Elizabeth.”
    The smile on her face grew and she gently cupped his face between her hands.
    “I love you too, John. So very much.”
    His smile seemed to threaten to split his face in two.
    “Can I kiss you now?”
    She giggled and it was one of the most beautiful sounds he had ever heard.
    “I expect nothing less of my future husband.”
    A millisecond later his lips were on hers and for the first time in over four years, they let the kiss deepen.

THE END

Thank you for reading, and again, lemme know your honest thoughts please.
    Oh dear God, you have killed me. "cute little butt" was the best and the ending was just divine. Thanks so much.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Part 2:

Spoiler:
      <snip for space>

TBC in next post (why are posts only allowed so small? Even when you work with spoilers?) *iz annoyed*
      Final part:

Spoiler:
      <snip for space>

Thank you for reading, and again, lemme know your honest thoughts please.
      *squee!* I love it! Such a wonderful ending, and I thought both of them were really well written. Bravo!
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Okay, as requested, I did another illustration to 'Easter', this one with Elizabeth in it.

Spoiler:

I apologize for the not-rightness of their faces. For some unknown reason I have problems with the line drawings like that in getting them to look right.

However, on the full-fledged portraits... I think I do a little better.

John:
        Spoiler:

Elizabeth:
        Spoiler:
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

In hurry, but want to leave you a nice rec: Future imperfect by missalee. Time travel can be done right.

Enjoy!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Oh dear God, you have killed me. "cute little butt" was the best and the ending was just divine. Thanks so much.
            Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            *squee!* I love it! Such a wonderful ending, and I thought both of them were really well written. Bravo!
            Thank you so much guys
            I'm glad you liked it
            And I'm also glad you think I wrote them well... that's always my biggest fear...

Okay, as requested, I did another illustration to 'Easter', this one with Elizabeth in it.

Spoiler:

I apologize for the not-rightness of their faces. For some unknown reason I have problems with the line drawings like that in getting them to look right.

However, on the full-fledged portraits... I think I do a little better.

John:
            Spoiler:

Elizabeth:
            Spoiler:
            WOW!! You are so talented!! These are amazing... all three of them...
            Nice work!

Sig by me

Comment

I love your fic Krisrussel. This story is just fantastic. I like the “cute little butt”…it’s exactly how I see John Sheppard.lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

OK I'm baccccck.. just got 2 days worth of Sparky goodness to catch up on

EDIT - KrisRussel and SR you HAVE been busy!... more I tell you!
                Erin87 - you are a talented artist - well done!!!
                Last edited by yunadax; 21 April 2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

whoa...i made a mistake with my post. Sorry. I love you story Krirussel but it was not my intention to say this twice.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    I love your fic Krisrussel. This story is just fantastic. I like the “cute little butt”…it’s exactly how I see John Sheppard.lol
                    Thank you
                    And kudos where kudos belongs... SR inspired me with her initial 'cute little butt' comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                    OK I'm baccccck.. just got 2 days worth of Sparky goodness to catch up on

EDIT - KrisRussel and SR you HAVE been busy!... more I tell you!
                    Erin87 - you are a talented artist - well done!!!
                    Have fun catching up
                    And I finished my fic... well at least this one... *tries to hide the unfinished ones*

Sig by me

Comment

Before I head off to the first night of my "Wines of Italy" class, I'll leave you with a fun discussion question:

If John and Elizabeth could share a romantic dinner anywhere in the world, where would they go and what would they eat?
                      A couple of suggestions:

Paris - A bistro, sitting outside (Left Bank, Ile de la CIte or Ile St. Luis or looking down on the City from Mont Martre). The menu - escargot, coq au vin or duck, lots of good bread and red wine, followed by fruit tart, demi tasse, a Courvoisier each if they want to linger.

Venice - Small restaurante, outside overlooking a canal away from the main tourist areas. Food - risotto followed by mixed sea food (depending on what's in the fresh fish and shiell fish on ice in the open display at the restaurant they choose), accompanied by a local Soave or Pinot Grigio. Dessert would be gelatto or Venetian Pastry finished off by espresso (never cappuccino or cafe latte at night) and Sambuca.
                      DDC

Comment

Final part:

honest thoughts please.
                        Wonderful! I love the flashback aspect of it in particular. I'm a big fan of flashback/ties to the present.

^snippers for images
                        Those were wonderful! I love how creative our thread is!
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I meant to do this yesterday but never too late for Sparky. My suggestion is simple. They have a short time back on Earth and in between meetings with the IOA slip away to this resort in Colorado Springs. They stay in one of the cottages where they order room service. John goes through the menu trying to tempt her with all the gourmet cuisine but Elizabeth wants a cheeseburger, which John is fine with by the way. They order a bottle of the best champagne to go with the burgers. Elizabeth orders a salad to go with her burger but ends up stealing a bunch of John's fries. Payback is quite enjoyable.

If they are able to stay an extra day, they get dressed and eat in the 5-star restaurant. But probably not.

And yes, I am still working on the dork!John!smut fic. How can you tell?
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yesterday, I saw “Common ground”. Weir is so strong. I like this in the character. She is THE leader of Atlantis. I can’t understand why they don’t keep her in the show. I saw the season 4 and season 5 and it’s just not the same thing without her. And i know it’s not the good thread.LOL
                            The link between Sheppard and her is really strong too. He trusts her. I started to re-watch the show and now I see a lot of things between them that I didn’t see in the past. Do you think it’s normal or it’s just an illusion?
                            sigpic

Comment

You realize you gave me yet another excuse to introduce everyone to my part of the world and vice versa? (some of you must be tired of me).

If they decide to go to Mediterranean, then I can see them going to one of Dalmatian islands - they're scenic, romantic, not very crowded like fancy places in Italy or Greece.

A small traditional restaurant, 'konoba' as we call them, is a must (and it must be near the shore, so they could listen to the sea and think of good ole 'Lantis nostalgically), fish spiced with local herbs and home made, red wine. The beauty of Dalmatia aren't well known, fancy places (like restaurants in Paris, or Rome) - it's still a quiet, and very romantic part of the world.

Check out this site. And, just as an example, this is island Hvar.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I meant to do this yesterday but never too late for Sparky. My suggestion is simple. They have a short time back on Earth and in between meetings with the IOA slip away to this resort in Colorado Springs. They stay in one of the cottages where they order room service. John goes through the menu trying to tempt her with all the gourmet cuisine but Elizabeth wants a cheeseburger, which John is fine with by the way. They order a bottle of the best champagne to go with the burgers. Elizabeth orders a salad to go with her burger but ends up stealing a bunch of John's fries. Payback is quite enjoyable.

If they are able to stay an extra day, they get dressed and eat in the 5-star restaurant. But probably not.

And yes, I am still working on the dork!John!smut fic. How can you tell?
                                Hee, the imagery of her stealing his french fries is just lovely. I might steal that little detail for my own fic! I really can't wait for yours. *sighs happily*

Comment

Working...
                                X