No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizbeth then, okay. Pretty sure he called her that several times in TLG!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
      Lizbeth then, okay. Pretty sure he called her that several times in TLG!
      He so did! And on other occasions too. In The Siege II as well.

Comment

Nah, he just says her name too quickly Afraid the emotion might show if he takes the time to properly say her name I'd love for him to call her Liz/Lizzie sometimes but Elizabeth is fine 'cause she's too classy to be Lizzie to all her friends I would love for the nicknames to be something restricted to the really angsty moments

Anyway, here's an icon I just made. It's real simple, I'm still learning

May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          That was me
          Good, I was hoping someone would claim that thought. I didn't think I'd made it up.

I was thinking about the much talked about Joe article, and putting into context. Looking at Shep and Weir he's right in a way. There's no 'sexual tension' because there's no tension between them at all. Even their work related conversations are starting to come off as just chats between friends.
          Yup. That's what I loved about the scene at the end of Coup d'État. They managed to mix work with a snippet of conversation about Earth history and a bit of flirting and familiarity.

They've reached that comfortable level, where they're teasing each other and mucking around without it being a tense situation.
          Spoiler:
          just look at that "I got the girl" scene, and Elizabeth's reaction. Torri played it beautiful, so that it was sparky, but not tense
          It's a different kind of closeness to the one you normally get when they're playing for UST between the leads. It's all down to that amazing connection between Joe and Torri on camera. They smirk and smile and it comes off as two characters who've become dependent on each other, and have no problem with that dependence.

You could say there are moments of 'tension' with Elizabeth when John comes back in one piece, eg, Siege 3, but at the same time, that can be seen as a feeling of overwhelming relief. That was my take on that scene, and the way Torri played it.
          Yeah, I really like the fact that their scenes aren't all dripping in sexual tension. That's not necessary, or even realistic. Most couples, before they actually become couples, might have some awkwardness, but not angst or massive amounts of drama about the fact that they're not together. If there's a lot of sexual tension and they don't do something about it quickly, that tension is probably going to dissipate quickly.

The only time we've seen anything resembling tension (lately, anyway) is the hug, as you mentioned, and that thing in The Long Goodbye. I've been doing some frame-by-frame work with the hug in Siege III, and it's really interesting to watch John's reaction that way. He's surprised at first, sure, but then there's something akin to relief on his face, right before he starts to look concerned. After all, as far as he knows, this is very un-Elizabeth-like behavior. And at the end of The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          their acknowledgment of what had happened was tense, but not uncomfortable. They were still able to look each other in the eye. The tone of the conversation was very, very different than the end of Conversion. They were embarrassed, but they didn't decide that they were never going to think about it again.

The tension with Teyla, I think he was a little wrong in describing as sexual. I think the thing there is a leader/team member vibe. They don't always agree with each other, therefore the tension. Then again, maybe he's right and they are trying to write it as UST with Shep and Teyla. If they are, it's not working!
          Ten things TPTB would have to do to make Shep/Teyla UST more than a figment of someone's imagination:

1) Give them scenes together.
          2) Give them scenes together where they actually speak to each other or otherwise don't ignore each other.
          3) Give them scenes together that don't have to do with work.
          4) Stop sending Teyla off with Ronon at every turn.
          5) Have a chat with Rachel Luttrell and Jason Momoa about their characters' vibe, and how it's not supposed to be sexy or anything.
          6) Have a chat with Torri Higginson and Joe Flanigan about their characters' vibe, and how it's not supposed to be intimate or anything.
          7) Stop having Elizabeth show more concern about John than about the others.
          8) Stop having John show more personal interest in Elizabeth than in the others.
          9) Birthday gifts? Hello!?
          10) Stop tagging on these random scenes with John and Elizabeth where they're talking about work, but totally comfortable with each other in every sense of the word. Honestly. You'd think they're the focus of the show or something!

Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Ten things TPTB would have to do to make Shep/Teyla UST more than a figment of someone's imagination:

2) Give them scenes together where they actually speak to each other or otherwise don't ignore each other.
            5) Have a chat with Rachel Luttrell and Jason Momoa about their characters' vibe, and how it's not supposed to be sexy or anything.
            6) Have a chat with Torri Higginson and Joe Flanigan about their characters' vibe, and how it's not supposed to be intimate or anything.
            8) Stop having John show more personal interest in Elizabeth than in the others.
            10) Stop tagging on these random scenes with John and Elizabeth where they're talking about work, but totally comfortable with each other in every sense of the word. Honestly. You'd think they're the focus of the show or something!

Because I'm too tired to add anything deep and meaningful about this list...

...WORD!
            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

*rotfl* right on!

Speaking of Birthday gifts - John didn't give her any in season 2!
              Before I Sleep - 1x15
              The Tower - 2x15
              and now we're up to 2x17
              hm.........
              anyone else notice anything wrong here? 1 season is supposed to take place in one year, right?

Comment

LOL! That's great! I adore lists!

Here are five things tptb could do to make Shep/Weir less noticeable:

1. Make John stop licking his lips everytime he talks to Elizabeth.
                2. Stop the subtle innuendo like putting real sparks in the background of scenes!
                3. Make Elizabeth dart her eyes away from John when he speaks like she's totally bored rather than letting her rivet them to him and dance around like she's excited by him.
                4. Make John keep his cute buns off her desk like he lives there or is totally comfy with himself in her face.
                5. Make Elizabeth stop using that bedroom voice of hers when they're talking one on one to each other like she'd rather be alone with him doing something besides just talking!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                  5. Make Elizabeth stop using that bedroom voice of hers when they're talking one on one to each other like she'd rather be alone with him doing something besides just talking!
                  She wants to be on Bama's couch
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                    LOL! That's great! I adore lists!

Here are five things tptb could do to make Shep/Weir less noticeable:

1. Make John stop licking his lips everytime he talks to Elizabeth.
                    HA!!! Too true.
                    I was wondering before if it's TPTB telling Joe to lick his lips when he has scenes with Torri. Then I realized that it would sound pretty stupid. Now I'm thinking that Joe is as good of an actor as Torri and adds his touches to the scenes. If it's true, then OMG my day has just been made He totally knows what the main ship on Atlantis is! That stupid *what must not be named* was total bs.
                    there

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                      HA!!! Too true.
                      I was wondering before if it's TPTB telling Joe to lick his lips when he has scenes with Torri. Then I realized that it would sound pretty stupid. Now I'm thinking that Joe is as good of an actor as Torri and adds his touches to the scenes. If it's true, then OMG my day has just been made He totally knows what the main ship on Atlantis is! That stupid *what must not be named* was total bs.
                      there
                      He does it because shes HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                        I love it how she seems a bit bolder this season, she flirts with Sheppard (something i can't remember her doing in season 1). She gets this twinkle in her eyes, and she has the most beautiful eyes, so it's a delight to watch her doing that. And Sheppard's eyes are so beautiful, those puppy eyes of his ::huggles Sheps::.
                        They just play off eachother so well, no words are needed, they can have entire conversations with their eyes, and their eyebrows.
                        Their interactions on season one were mostly serious stuff, season two seems to have more than a few moments of light banter. I love the angst, but i also enjoy the little moments filled with the sense that there is now so much trust, confidence, and that "something else" between these two people.

And it seems to me that he's participating fully in the flirting. Like...she'll be chattng, especially if she's chatting to another man, and he'll make a joke, and he'll be makng the joke for her, so she'll have to turn round, and smile at him, and they have that little conversation purely with their eyes.
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

When did they start calling ech other John and Elizabeth? I'm sure it was pretty early on. I wonder who 'first-named' who first?
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            We're pretty sure he sometimes says Lizabeth. Nicknames would be too obvious, wouldn't they?
                            Is it just me, or would it be really cool if he dropped in the first ever Liz in front of Daniel. I could just see Daniel being all oblivious to it, and Elizabeth thinking "what the??"
                            Shep being territorial.. yep. I'd like that!

Comment

But if the TPTB decided to ignore that list and continue with the S/W and R/T goodness going on right now.

I don't mind at all.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                When did they start calling ech other John and Elizabeth? I'm sure it was pretty early on. I wonder who 'first-named' who first?
                                Elizabeth had been calling John, "John" since "Rising"

John hadn't started calling Elizabeth by her first name until "Hot Zone."
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X