Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
    Hey everyone! I've been lurking here for quite a while and I finally decided to take the plunge. I absolutely adore all things Sheppard/Weir, i.e. Sparky.

I didn't even start watching Stargate Atlantis until the very end of the first season, Seige II to be exact; and from the beginning I saw something between our two title characters.

I definitely agree! In fact, anything tptb or the actors say anywhere should be taken with at least a grain of salt. I remember (it seems pretty humorous now) reading something by The X-Files' PTB that said they wouldn't be shipping Mulder and Scully because it would be too cliche' to have the two main characters romantically involved. Ha!

Anyway, I'm really excited about joining. I have to warn you though, this is my first post on my first thread in my first forum, so things might be a wee bit shaky while I try to figure all this out. Thanks for your patience!

Welcome Lady Lethe!. This is how I got started too. Seige 2 was the first episode that got me in. This was also my first thread in my first forum.
    ps. Little advice....don't take the mints if they offer them.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      Well, if JF and TPTB are so desperately trying to sell the no-ship line they should stop showing us S/W balcony scenes ... It only ends up giving people the "wrong" idea.
      Um, wrong idea? I think we'd have to stop watching the show to do that!

I think I said all along that I could see Shep and Weir getting together somewhere down the road, and even my boyfriend can see the sparky (though he can't understand why I squee).

The thing is, I don't think they (JF and TPTB) see the balcony scenes and such as being shippy. We do, but to them it's prolly just character scenes to show the trust and camarderie between the two.

And no, I'm not trying to deny the shippiness. Like I said, I've seen it practically from the beginning, and I'm rarely wrong about stuff like that (I'm sure I have been somewhere down the line, but I can't think of when).

And I think this is my longest post ever, but now that I've caught up, I'll be posting more... I hope. Don't wanna fall into the pit of lurkdom again.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
        You mean, stop showing us S/W balcony scenes, infirmary scenes, office scenes, pretty much ANY scene the two of them are in together?

Even then those two have some pretty intense conversations through the radios when they are apart.
        Can't win, can they... Whichever way you look...

Originally posted by hopalong
        The thing is, I don't think they (JF and TPTB) see the balcony scenes and such as being shippy. We do, but to them it's prolly just character scenes to show the trust and camarderie between the two.
        They don't?!
        Haven't they heard of Romeo and Juliet?
        Or serenading? Or courtly love?
        From under which rock have they crawled?

Originally posted by Ronnikins
        Now it could be because I'm wearing my shippy glasses but John's behaviour towards Weir seems to be more intimate (not in a sexual way). He's definitely more protective and more aware of her thought processes.
        Now that is what convinces me that there's a connection between those two. They seem to be on the same wavelength 99% of the time even when they don't agree! Isn't what all those famous Flanigan long looks are trying to convey.
        Don't blame me if I see something!
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
          You mean, stop showing us S/W balcony scenes, infirmary scenes, office scenes, pretty much ANY scene the two of them are in together?

Even then those two have some pretty intense conversations through the radios when they are apart.
          They're not going to be able to do much to change the Shep/Weir thing short of one of them leaving! (heaven forbid that should ever happen)

Torri and Joe just have this 'thing' between them on screen. You can't set that up. It's a fluke of two actors working together who have an amazing connection. The talk of them not seeing it is probably to do with the fact that they're just work buddies and they don't think there's anything particularly special about what they do on screen together compared with what they do with the others (although both of them are also fabulous with David Hewlett -- but then who isn't??). They're professional enough to put in the same amount of effort in any scenes they do. Fact of the matter is, there are always some people you'll connect with better than others on screen. This is one of those cases.

Comment

I have to say that I really don't think TPTB will do anything concrete with the Shep/Weir relationship any time soon. They can't do anything without putting the show at serious risk. Personally, I'm all for the UST and those long lingering looks and non-verbal communication we get from watching Atlantis with shippy glasses. I know that they lurrrve each other, and I'd rather their relationship stay bubbling in the background for the time being.

I also think Elizabeth is owed some serious off-world man candy in season 3, even if she keeps her hands to herself. A girl has needs!

By the way, I'm a newbie so please be nice about my post! Thought it was about time I'm said hello to you lovely people.
            I guess this is where my signature should go, right?

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by mirafemina
              I have to say that I really don't think TPTB will do anything concrete with the Shep/Weir relationship any time soon. They can't do anything without putting the show at serious risk. Personally, I'm all for the UST and those long lingering looks and non-verbal communication we get from watching Atlantis with shippy glasses. I know that they lurrrve each other, and I'd rather their relationship stay bubbling in the background for the time being.
              Exactly! I like all the excitement over: OMG!No personal space! OMG! he licked his lips! OMG! Eye sex! OMG! He touched her hand!! OMG SQUEEE...
              But if we got RST, and all the kissing and closet!bedroom scenes, then all these little sparky moments would not be so exciting. It would be just like "yea yea, eye sex. Who cares? They had real sex! bwahahah"

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                Exactly! I like all the excitement over: OMG!No personal space! OMG! he licked his lips! OMG! Eye sex! OMG! He touched her hand!! OMG SQUEEE...
                But if we got RST, and all the kissing and closet!bedroom scenes, then all these little sparky moments would not be so exciting. It would be just like "yea yea, eye sex. Who cares? They had real sex! bwahahah"
                I don't know where I would be without zero point snark - I doubt I would fully appreciate the eye sex, the radio sex, the lip licking, the personal space etc etc etc without mspooh's truly unique perspective on matters. SGA gets the Shep/Weir UST sooooo right a lot of the time, and from the sound of it without actually intending to. Thank god for onscreen chemistry is all I can say (and the lack of it in the case of Sheyla and the oh-so-staged stick fights). I'm starting to think that the only people to get some RST in season three will be Beckett and Cadman (they're so cute!), and maybe even our good friends spanky.

Visit my LJ?

Comment

I also think Elizabeth is owed some serious off-world man candy in season 3, even if she keeps her hands to herself. A girl has needs!

By the way, I'm a newbie so please be nice about my post! Thought it was about time I'm said hello to you lovely people.
                  Welcome to our world!

I'd agree with everything you say. I think Elizabeth needs some attention from someone to make John react. I think Joe could play that scene perfectly whether it's totally scripted or not. The two of them are just magic, no matter what the scene they're in.

Comment

Have any of you read a fanfic called The Negotiator? I can't remember who it's by, but it's on Command Dynamics if nowhere else. Made me howl with laughter at the first chapter - nice way of presenting the female perspective to Sheppard being such an off-world man slut. Also made me realise that Elizabeth deserves a booty call from someone!

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      Welcome to our world!

I'd agree with everything you say. I think Elizabeth needs some attention from someone to make John react. I think Joe could play that scene perfectly whether it's totally scripted or not. The two of them are just magic, no matter what the scene they're in.
                      *cough*Delicious Fat Guy*cough*

Comment

*cough*Delicious Fat Guy*cough*
                        Bad cough you have there Erised, perhaps an extra strength mint would help?...
                        Sounds like a good ep, but am a little annoyed that this will not be a stunningly attractive yummy guy for our ladies to fawn all over. Still, will be interesting to see how far the writers take it with the idea. I can see an angry monkey and a jealous flyboy at the very least.

Visit my LJ?

Comment

LOL!! So true!

Bring on the UST!!

Comment

Bad cough you have there Erised, perhaps an extra strength mint would help?...
                            Sounds like a good ep, but am a little annoyed that this will not be a stunningly attractive yummy guy for our ladies to fawn all over. Still, will be interesting to see how far the writers take it with the idea. I can see an angry monkey and a jealous flyboy at the very least.
                            Hi there Mirafemina! Think I found the right eyecandy for Weir. Just rewatched an SG1 eppy "Death Knell" where Sam is injured and on the run from a super soldier. The actor who plays the Tok'ra sparring words with Jacob is just hawt. He will do.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

perhaps an extra strength mint would help?...
                              An extra strength mint eh? Have you been talking to Foolish?

As long as you don't start tossing them...

*runs*

Welcome by the way.
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                                Hi there Mirafemina! Think I found the right eyecandy for Weir. Just rewatched an SG1 eppy "Death Knell" where Sam is injured and on the run from a super soldier. The actor who plays the Tok'ra sparring words with Jacob is just hawt. He will do.
                                And we all know how much tptb like to re-use their actors across the galaxies, don't we? Just thinking how amusing it would be for Carter's ex to appear in SGA as a potential lurve interest for Elizabeth! She's already shared Narrim, why not Pete too?

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X