No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Something like it.
    Heheheh...this is gonna be GOOD.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        LOL! Maybe next time on the $$$!
        Well, I'm glad I didn't bet because my next 2 picks were only 1/2 correct.

The SuperBowl is going to be the 49ers (blaaaaaaa) and the Chiefs (SUPER blaaaaaaa). Neither team I *wanted* to win did win this weekend. I'm not too excited about this SuperBowl. And the halftime show is Usher, and I don't really like him either. So....

FH - can't wait for the next chapter!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

The SuperBowl is going to be the 49ers (blaaaaaaa) and the Chiefs (SUPER blaaaaaaa). Neither team I *wanted* to win did win this weekend. I'm not too excited about this SuperBowl. And the halftime show is Usher, and I don't really like him either. So....

There is a challenge for you FH.
          Make the next chapter long enough to last for the whole of the SuperBowl, and bring it out on the day of the SuperBowl, so JT-2 can read it & not have to watch the SuperBowl. FPMLHAs.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Well, I'm glad I didn't bet because my next 2 picks were only 1/2 correct.

​Yeah, I think I'll be waiting until afterward for all the commercials to be posted online.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            Make the next chapter long enough to last for the whole of the SuperBowl, and bring it out on the day of the SuperBowl, so JT-2 can read it & not have to watch the SuperBowl. FPMLHAs.gif

Comment

A) I don't know when the Superbowl is supposed to be, and
              B) I have the next chapter here already ... it's an unofficial one... Revenge of the Servers! (sorta)

Spoiler:
              With her user permissions currently denied access to her laptop, Elizabeth had left her office and decided to make good use of her free time to grab a proper lunch in the cafeteria.

Upon arrival, she could tell it was far busier than usual. It seemed like every other laptop-deprived person had converged on the cafeteria. Some were happily chatting, while others were mumbling and grumbling about work which couldn't get finished on time, and then there were those who were nervously wringing their hands or tapping on an invisible keyboard in front of them.

Some clearly needed to spend more time away from their screens. Elizabeth made a mental note, the kind unable to get stuck to one unsuspecting colonel's butt, to make downtime a little less voluntary in the future.

"I'm sure they made a back-up."

Elizabeth turned around at the sound of a familiar voice. She noticed some more familiar faces around a table where Kate and Teyla were seemingly consoling one occupant whose head was face down on the table, resting in their hands.

"That too went up in smoke," came the muffled reply. "You should have seen it!"

The head shot up from the table.

"Up in smo..."

Elizabeth noticed Finn's features twisting with visible pain, followed by a silent ouch. JT, sitting across from her, was shaking her head and pointing sideways to where she was standing, watching them. No doubt her friend had kicked out underneath the table, a warning shot across the bow as it were but with a shin in the way.

"...ke."

Finn half-finished, half-swallowed the end of her sentence.

"Doctor Weir," they called out in unison.

"So," she walked closer to the table. "The servers went up in smoke then?"

"Poof!" Finn merely said by ways of illustration.

"I am sure the IT department is doing everything in their power to have them up and running in no time."

Katie Brown stood to the side, wholeheartedly believing she had not just condemned her entire research to oblivion.

Finn opened her mouth to say something but Kate bumped into her shoulder, keeping her from further commenting. She mumbled something unsavory, received a warning glare and decided it was best to stay quiet instead. There was a thing about keeping the resident psychologist on your good side.

"They know what they're doing," Elizabeth smiled reassuringly. "They wouldn't be on this expedition if they didn't know what they were doing."

There was a moment of utter silence before her audience nodded and smiled, albeit their faith in the IT department being at an all-time low from the looks and sounds of it.​
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

A) I don't know when the Superbowl is supposed to be, and
                B) I have the next chapter here already ... it's an unofficial one... Revenge of the Servers! (sorta)

Spoiler:
                With her user permissions currently denied access to her laptop, Elizabeth had left her office and decided to make good use of her free time to grab a proper lunch in the cafeteria.

Upon arrival, she could tell it was far busier than usual. It seemed like every other laptop-deprived person had converged on the cafeteria. Some were happily chatting, while others were mumbling and grumbling about work which couldn't get finished on time, and then there were those who were nervously wringing their hands or tapping on an invisible keyboard in front of them.

Some clearly needed to spend more time away from their screens. Elizabeth made a mental note, the kind unable to get stuck to one unsuspecting colonel's butt, to make downtime a little less voluntary in the future.

"I'm sure they made a back-up."

Elizabeth turned around at the sound of a familiar voice. She noticed some more familiar faces around a table where Kate and Teyla were seemingly consoling one occupant whose head was face down on the table, resting in their hands.

"That too went up in smoke," came the muffled reply. "You should have seen it!"

The head shot up from the table.

"Up in smo..."

Elizabeth noticed Finn's features twisting with visible pain, followed by a silent ouch. JT, sitting across from her, was shaking her head and pointing sideways to where she was standing, watching them. No doubt her friend had kicked out underneath the table, a warning shot across the bow as it were but with a shin in the way.

"...ke."

Finn half-finished, half-swallowed the end of her sentence.

"Doctor Weir," they called out in unison.

"So," she walked closer to the table. "The servers went up in smoke then?"

"Poof!" Finn merely said by ways of illustration.

"I am sure the IT department is doing everything in their power to have them up and running in no time."

Katie Brown stood to the side, wholeheartedly believing she had not just condemned her entire research to oblivion.

Finn opened her mouth to say something but Kate bumped into her shoulder, keeping her from further commenting. She mumbled something unsavory, received a warning glare and decided it was best to stay quiet instead. There was a thing about keeping the resident psychologist on your good side.

"They know what they're doing," Elizabeth smiled reassuringly. "They wouldn't be on this expedition if they didn't know what they were doing."

There was a moment of utter silence before her audience nodded and smiled, albeit their faith in the IT department being at an all-time low from the looks and sounds of it.​
                BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Ohhhh man, that sounds BAD! Makes me wonder what the SGC is gonna think about the frantic request from Atlantis for an entirely new set of servers... Looking forward to the next chapter!

As for the Super Bowl, it's on Feb 11.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

I approve of this plan!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    Yeah, I think I'll be waiting until afterward for all the commercials to be posted online.
                    Good idea! I will watch, I am sure, because I am like genetically programmed to watch football or something. But I'm not going to care much. Not like last year when I was rooting with all my heart for the Eagles.

FH - I adore that new chapter!! Reminds me of my IT days, of the absolute panic that happened when something major went down and we didn't know why. (And I love being included in your stories!!)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Good idea! I will watch, I am sure, because I am like genetically programmed to watch football or something. But I'm not going to care much. Not like last year when I was rooting with all my heart for the Eagles.
                      Heh! "Genetically programmed"...sounds like me with hockey or track and field.

Comment

Heh! "Genetically programmed"...sounds like me with hockey or track and field.

Yes, some things are genetic to me: science fiction, math, football, and figure skating.

I'm almost thinking of rooting for the Chiefs for 2 reasons. 1) My brother adores, and I mean ADORES the 49ers QB. To frankly an unhealthy amount. And I am afraid of never hearing the end of it if they win. 2) Certain men are getting so completely triggered by Taylor Swift (who is dating a player on the Chiefs) and it's cracking me up.

On the other hand, I do not like the Chiefs. I still haven't decided if my dislike of the Chiefs is greater than my overall pettiness about the 2 listed items.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yes, some things are genetic to me: science fiction, math, football, and figure skating.

I'm almost thinking of rooting for the Chiefs for 2 reasons. 1) My brother adores, and I mean ADORES the 49ers QB. To frankly an unhealthy amount. And I am afraid of never hearing the end of it if they win. 2) Certain men are getting so completely triggered by Taylor Swift (who is dating a player on the Chiefs) and it's cracking me up.

On the other hand, I do not like the Chiefs. I still haven't decided if my dislike of the Chiefs is greater than my overall pettiness about the 2 listed items.
                          Pettiness is always a good reason.

Comment

Pettiness is always a good reason.
                            I like to think so!!

I saw Wonka in the theater today (had the theater to myself). It was okay. I grew up on the original, so....

Comment

FH - I adore that new chapter!! Reminds me of my IT days, of the absolute panic that happened when something major went down and we didn't know why. (And I love being included in your stories!!)

I have similar moments with my automatic processes, one such had a virtual machine log off midway a session for no apparent reason. Took me 3 weeks to figure out what the hell was wrong with it.

Turned out, nothing was wrong with it. The process just took too long doing things in the background with nothing happening in the foreground that the VM thought it was standing idly by and thus logged off all on its own. Much to my frustration of course...

Anywho, I have a job interview next week... for an RPA consultancy position.
                              Still very much employed by my current company and no intention of leaving -- should have lead with that when I told my best friend, though I got a good laught out of her reaction.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I saw Wonka in the theater today (had the theater to myself). It was okay. I grew up on the original, so....
                                ​Still haven't seen the new one. Haven't seen the old one in years, either.

I have similar moments with my automatic processes, one such had a virtual machine log off midway a session for no apparent reason. Took me 3 weeks to figure out what the hell was wrong with it.

Turned out, nothing was wrong with it. The process just took too long doing things in the background with nothing happening in the foreground that the VM thought it was standing idly by and thus logged off all on its own. Much to my frustration of course...
                                Geeze, and it wasn't even AI shenanigans, either...

Anywho, I have a job interview next week... for an RPA consultancy position.
                                Still very much employed by my current company and no intention of leaving -- should have lead with that when I told my best friend, though I got a good laught out of her reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X