Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    That is so strange, where did those posts go?

So I accidentally went on a spy show kick on my homework break day, I watched the Recruit and now I’m on the Night Agent (both on Netflix) and two SGA alums have appeared. Robert Patrick and….Ben Cotton, the guy who played Kavanagh. Very different character. He’s kind of a tough guy villain. I’m still unsettled .
    Yeah, that would be ... strange... to see!!

Oh, and to answer your question - they had to load an older backup so we lost a week's worth of posts.

Comment

Poof are those posts then...

Also, the new job... at this rate, I see someone winning the betting pool at the other company come summer time.

It's not going so well. They immediately put me on a project but instead of UiPath, I have to build the process in power automate. I've literally no idea what I'm doing so I'm winging it.
      Got a book on Amazon this morning, which should arrive on Saturday so I can start studying Power Automate instead.

At the same time, they're telling me I'm one of only 3 UiPath experts in the company right now.
      Yeah, that's all nice and dandy but that knowledge is quickly evaporating as I struggle to understand the limitations of low-code PA.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        So I accidentally went on a spy show kick on my homework break day, I watched the Recruit and now I’m on the Night Agent (both on Netflix) and two SGA alums have appeared. Robert Patrick and….Ben Cotton, the guy who played Kavanagh. Very different character. He’s kind of a tough guy villain. I’m still unsettled .
        That's just wild!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Also, the new job... at this rate, I see someone winning the betting pool at the other company come summer time.

It's not going so well. They immediately put me on a project but instead of UiPath, I have to build the process in power automate. I've literally no idea what I'm doing so I'm winging it.
        Got a book on Amazon this morning, which should arrive on Saturday so I can start studying Power Automate instead.

At the same time, they're telling me I'm one of only 3 UiPath experts in the company right now.
        Yeah, that's all nice and dandy but that knowledge is quickly evaporating as I struggle to understand the limitations of low-code PA.
        What the heck?!? Well that's unbelievably rude of them. Sorry you're dealing with that, hopefully someone over there gets a clue-by-4 to the head soon. *hugs*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Finally had my rheumatology appointment. He examined all my joints by pushing on them and flexing them, and so now I'm in the middle of a flare like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, he ordered some more tests to try to come to a definitive diagnosis. He thinks it's either psoriatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. He said that you don't always get the psoriasis first, that sometimes you get the pain first and the rash later. That would be me to get something in a weird way.

So he ordered more blood work and x-rays of my hands. Depending on the results of the tests, he will put me on some immunosuppressants. That appointment isn't until the end of April.

Oh no!!! I'm sorry it's not going well. That's strange that they tell you that you're one of the only UiPath experts and then put you on something else.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Finally had my rheumatology appointment. He examined all my joints by pushing on them and flexing them, and so now I'm in the middle of a flare like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, he ordered some more tests to try to come to a definitive diagnosis. He thinks it's either psoriatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. He said that you don't always get the psoriasis first, that sometimes you get the pain first and the rash later. That would be me to get something in a weird way.

So he ordered more blood work and x-rays of my hands. Depending on the results of the tests, he will put me on some immunosuppressants. That appointment isn't until the end of April.
            Ouch! *hugs* Well, getting a narrower list of suspects is making progress, at least. Sounds like this guy knows what he's doing. Here's hoping the next appointment goes well! *more hugs*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yesterday I dabbled around on the Microsoft Power Apps/Automate webpage, rummaging through their documentation. Today I accidently started a learning plan course ... their documentation webpage isn't exactly build on logic.

Anywho... in order to save my progress I got me a free account and thus I spend the entire day on the basics of Power Automate. Tomorrow, this accidental crash course will continue so that I may of use to my project come next week. I'm still foggy on the config-file configuration but I'll figure that one out over the weekend.

The annoying bit for the most part is that Power Automate is low-code programming but my brain is conditioned on "high-code" programming so it's frustrating that the actions don't always do what I think or hope they'll do. If this project were to be written in UiPath, I would have been halfway done by now.

Then today I got an email from the guy keeping track of what all the developers are doing, asking me and about 4 other colleagues to choose a week where we'll be enrolled in the RPA Advanced Developer course organised by UiPath.
              Tiny sidenote: I'm currently already enrolled in that course and about 1/3rd of the way in learning about the Framework set-up... so I'm hoping I can take it as a refresher/repeat course. It'll be an advantage anyways.

Comment

So you sound a bit more positive & happy with your move. Just keep on trying & do not give up.
                You will one day be the expert in both Power Automate & UiPath and take over the firm.
                Then maybe I can get a job at your firm. (Sweeping the floors sounds like something I could do) Mmo9zFu.gif
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yesterday I dabbled around on the Microsoft Power Apps/Automate webpage, rummaging through their documentation. Today I accidently started a learning plan course ... their documentation webpage isn't exactly build on logic.
                  There's a reason why I call them MicroSUCK...

Anywho... in order to save my progress I got me a free account and thus I spend the entire day on the basics of Power Automate. Tomorrow, this accidental crash course will continue so that I may of use to my project come next week. I'm still foggy on the config-file configuration but I'll figure that one out over the weekend.

The annoying bit for the most part is that Power Automate is low-code programming but my brain is conditioned on "high-code" programming so it's frustrating that the actions don't always do what I think or hope they'll do. If this project were to be written in UiPath, I would have been halfway done by now.

Then today I got an email from the guy keeping track of what all the developers are doing, asking me and about 4 other colleagues to choose a week where we'll be enrolled in the RPA Advanced Developer course organised by UiPath.
                  Tiny sidenote: I'm currently already enrolled in that course and about 1/3rd of the way in learning about the Framework set-up... so I'm hoping I can take it as a refresher/repeat course. It'll be an advantage anyways.
                  Good to hear that things are starting to look up!

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    Then maybe I can get a job at your firm. (Sweeping the floors sounds like something I could do)
                    My new employer doesn't have their own office space. They're renting space in a co-working space, located inside a 19th century military fort (build between 1860 & 1864) so you'll have to take that up with the city of Antwerp.

Here be that co-working space --> Military Fort 5 Edegem
                    Page is in Dutch but it has pictures.

Or check out my Instagram-page where I posted a few images --> Finn Rose @ Insta

Today I understood what Hugues (one of my colleagues) meant when he mentioned a few weeks back that going to the toilet is a quick back-and-forth. Now I know why... no heating in the toilets so they are ice cold.

Comment

My new employer doesn't have their own office space. They're renting space in a co-working space, located inside a 19th century military fort (build between 1860 & 1864) so you'll have to take that up with the city of Antwerp.

Here be that co-working space --> Military Fort 5 Edegem
                      Page is in Dutch but it has pictures.

Or check out my Instagram-page where I posted a few images --> Finn Rose @ Insta
                      I was only joking about working for your firm, trying to cheer you up. Commuting from Australia to Belgium every day would be prohibitive.
                      I had already seen your instagram pictures, & my browser very kindly translated the web page, so I got to see it in English.

I keep checking Robotec's web page to see if you have been included in the staff yet.

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Today I understood what Hugues (one of my colleagues) meant when he mentioned a few weeks back that going to the toilet is a quick back-and-forth. Now I know why... no heating in the toilets so they are ice cold.
                        Brr! That's just so wrong!

Comment

I was only joking about working for your firm, trying to cheer you up. Commuting from Australia to Belgium every day would be prohibitive.
                          It would be one heck of a commute but I remember a guy in the news once who lived in Spain but worked in London and thus commuted by plane every day.

I keep checking Robotec's web page to see if you have been included in the staff yet.
                          Considering that half of those on that page apparently no longer work for them, it seems they haven't updated that page in a while.
                          Maybe I should gently urge them to let me update it for them, instead of this automation project they want me doing.

On the upside, my Power Automate book arrived in the mail today. That's something.

Comment

On the upside, my Power Automate book arrived in the mail today. That's something.
                            "And how many Easter Eggs did the Easter Bunny bring you little girl?"

"Oh, he didn't bring me any. he brought me a Power Automate book, and now I can make my own."

Happy Easter Falcon, have fun. ISGXjHQ.gif
                            Last edited by Who Knows; 08 April 2023, 04:28 PM.

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Easter!

Considering that half of those on that page apparently no longer work for them, it seems they haven't updated that page in a while.
                              Maybe I should gently urge them to let me update it for them, instead of this automation project they want me doing.
                              LOL, that's not a very good look for them.

Yay! Happy reading!

Comment

Happy Easter!!

And... no heat in the bathroom?? OMG!

Comment

Working...
                                X