No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And not just in retail as is more commonly known.

We have a contact among one of our clients whose reputation precedes him as being extremely rude in his replies. So when one of the managers this week told me that he would give a support ticket of this company to one of my newer colleagues instead of me (as I'm usually the one designated to do their support tickets), I asked him whether it was a good idea at all to stick the rude contact on our new boy. His reply was along the lines of "barking dogs, don't bite" but nevertheless, it can still be very intimidating.

And obviously, he didn't disappoint... which was no surprise in hindsight.

I mean, this contact always reminds me of Kavanagh for some reason.
    Sounds like fodder for another episode of The Office Saga...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Learned today our old neighbor, next to Dad's house, killed his wife 2 weeks ago, and then himself -- a case of murder/suicide, with a hunting rifle. Generally these things are covered in the (local) news but it was apparently kept quiet. They were around 80 years old and the wife was apparently in day care at the home for the elders. The neighbor apparently had it hard and chose to end their lives together.

I remember them as friendly people, always ready with a happy wave or a good chat across the fence. He also used to have dogs to go hunting for pheasants. He also bred pheasants in his yard -- they generally made a lot of noise sometimes. Yes, I may have cursed them a few times growing up but it's in their nature so it couldn't be helped.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Sounds like fodder for another episode of The Office Saga...
      That is fact.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        And not just in retail as is more commonly known.

We have a contact among one of our clients whose reputation precedes him as being extremely rude in his replies. So when one of the managers this week told me that he would give a support ticket of this company to one of my newer colleagues instead of me (as I'm usually the one designated to do their support tickets), I asked him whether it was a good idea at all to stick the rude contact on our new boy. His reply was along the lines of "barking dogs, don't bite" but nevertheless, it can still be very intimidating.

And obviously, he didn't disappoint... which was no surprise in hindsight.

I mean, this contact always reminds me of Kavanagh for some reason.
        Oh dear! That's not a good comparison. And like SK says, sounds like more Office Saga!!

Learned today our old neighbor, next to Dad's house, killed his wife 2 weeks ago, and then himself -- a case of murder/suicide, with a hunting rifle. Generally these things are covered in the (local) news but it was apparently kept quiet. They were around 80 years old and the wife was apparently in day care at the home for the elders. The neighbor apparently had it hard and chose to end their lives together.

I remember them as friendly people, always ready with a happy wave or a good chat across the fence. He also used to have dogs to go hunting for pheasants. He also bred pheasants in his yard -- they generally made a lot of noise sometimes. Yes, I may have cursed them a few times growing up but it's in their nature so it couldn't be helped.
        That's so sad!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Falcon Horus, I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors. That's an awful thing to happen to anyone, but it's always harder when it's someone you know so well.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Falcon Horus, I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors. That's an awful thing to happen to anyone, but it's always harder when it's someone you know so well.
            It was a shock, for sure.

I've said it before but I curse upon public transport that goes by the object name 'trains'.

The day the trains run on time in Flanders is the same day hell freezes over and pigs learn to fly. Just saying.

Comment

It was a shock, for sure.

I've said it before but I curse upon public transport that goes by the object name 'trains'.

The day the trains run on time in Flanders is the same day hell freezes over and pigs learn to fly. Just saying.
              I wish we had the kind of public transportation you all have. We have one train that goes from North to South, and buses. That's it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                I wish we had the kind of public transportation you all have. We have one train that goes from North to South, and buses. That's it.
                Same here. The worst part is, we used to have more widespread train service. Then the car came along and they built the highway system and ripped up the train tracks. *heavy sigh*

Comment

Update: I will be having surgery. First I have to have another test to determine if there's cancer/pre-cancer or not. If there is, the surgery will be done by an oncologist. Otherwise it will be the doctor I saw on Monday who will perform the surgery. My test isn't until March 15th so it's going to be a wait (I don't know what it symbolizes that it's on the Ides of March). This will be my 6th surgery and I haven't turned 50 yet. Go me?

Same here. The worst part is, we used to have more widespread train service. Then the car came along and they built the highway system and ripped up the train tracks. *heavy sigh*
                  Yes!! Here too. There are still old train tracks littered about from the older days, although the one nearby me they converted to a bike/walking path. My mom used to tell me when she was younger she would take the "trolley" all the time. *sigh*

Comment

My test isn't until March 15th so it's going to be a wait (I don't know what it symbolizes that it's on the Ides of March).
                    Hail Gaius Julius Caesar!

Make sure there are no knives going in the back... just to be sure.

Fun train fact by the way -- the only fun fact about them really: we drive on the right side of the road but our trains drive on the left, like the Brits do.

Small country has many tracks and connections, but they rarely ride on time. Are notoriously overpopulated.
                    We even have a word for when you happen to be on luck when your train is on time -- unfortunately there's no English translation for it: "perrongeluk".

In Dutch per ongeluk means by accident, so we've added an extra R from the word perron which is the Dutch word for platform, so it's basically platform-luck.

Comment

Make sure there are no knives going in the back... just to be sure.
                      Not where the knife will be going, but thanks for the tip.

Fun train fact by the way -- the only fun fact about them really: we drive on the right side of the road but our trains drive on the left, like the Brits do.

Small country has many tracks and connections, but they rarely ride on time. Are notoriously overpopulated.
                      We even have a word for when you happen to be on luck when your train is on time -- unfortunately there's no English translation for it: "perrongeluk".

In Dutch per ongeluk means by accident, so we've added an extra R from the word perron which is the Dutch word for platform, so it's basically platform-luck.
                      Okay, do you know why your trains are driven on the left while cars on the right??

And that's funny that there's a word for that!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Update: I will be having surgery. First I have to have another test to determine if there's cancer/pre-cancer or not. If there is, the surgery will be done by an oncologist. Otherwise it will be the doctor I saw on Monday who will perform the surgery. My test isn't until March 15th so it's going to be a wait (I don't know what it symbolizes that it's on the Ides of March). This will be my 6th surgery and I haven't turned 50 yet. Go me?
                        Et tu, Brute!

Crossing fingers there's no cancer! *sends good luck vibes*

Yes!! Here too. There are still old train tracks littered about from the older days, although the one nearby me they converted to a bike/walking path. My mom used to tell me when she was younger she would take the "trolley" all the time. *sigh*
                        ​Yeah, it's true of places all over the country. If you've ever seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit, you'll have seen the old Red Cars that ran throughout the Los Angeles area. Now finally the new Metro Rail is becoming more widespread, but it still doesn't go to nearly all the places that the Red Car used to. Seattle, by contrast, is a disaster of nimbys and political boondoggling.

That's hilarious, terrible, and hilariously terrible all at the same time.

Comment

Okay, do you know why your trains are driven on the left while cars on the right??
                          Because Belgium was one of the first countries after the United Kingdom to get a railway system and it was the Brits who helped us build it. Hence why our trains are left-side drivers and our cars aren't.

Found out that Claire is (or was) in London of all places. Posted a funny image from the underground earlier today. She's (or was) closer to the Lemming than ever.

Anywho... apparently she got invited to the BBC 500 Words Final at Buckingham Palace.

Comment

Et tu, Brute!

Crossing fingers there's no cancer! *sends good luck vibes*
                            Thanks! I really hope there isn't, because I know they do radiation treatments for that (my good friend had it) and I don't know if I can even have more radiation after having it already for my breast cancer. Also, she detailed how they perform said radiation, and it's invasive and just plain terrible sounding. *shudders*

​Yeah, it's true of places all over the country. If you've ever seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit, you'll have seen the old Red Cars that ran throughout the Los Angeles area. Now finally the new Metro Rail is becoming more widespread, but it still doesn't go to nearly all the places that the Red Car used to. Seattle, by contrast, is a disaster of nimbys and political boondoggling.
                            Yikes! That sounds ugly.

Because Belgium was one of the first countries after the United Kingdom to get a railway system and it was the Brits who helped us build it. Hence why our trains are left-side drivers and our cars aren't.
                            Ah, that makes sense then. Must look weird, though.

Found out that Claire is (or was) in London of all places. Posted a funny image from the underground earlier today. She's (or was) closer to the Lemming than ever.

Anywho... apparently she got invited to the BBC 500 Words Final at Buckingham Palace.​
                            Wow!! That's super exciting!! And that looks like a wonderful program.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The Brits. Doesn't that just figure?

Anywho... apparently she got invited to the BBC 500 Words Final at Buckingham Palace.
                              That sounds cool!

Thanks! I really hope there isn't, because I know they do radiation treatments for that (my good friend had it) and I don't know if I can even have more radiation after having it already for my breast cancer. Also, she detailed how they perform said radiation, and it's invasive and just plain terrible sounding. *shudders*
                              *joins in the shuddering* Crossing fingers it doesn't come to that. *hugs*

Comment

Ah, that makes sense then. Must look weird, though.
                                It is definitely weird.

I was pondering it earlier while waiting for my 1st train home, which was delayed approximately 8 minutes and thus I missed my connection again.

It's going to a theme, I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X