No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    How much did you eventually end up getting? We're supposed to get some tomorrow, but it's just supposed to be a dusting. We'll see! And then we're going to have a bitterly cold weekend.

Perfect temps to stay home and watch the football divisional playoffs!

I'm going to make my predictions for the 4 games and we'll see if I'm right about any of them:

Texas vs. Ravens - I pick Ravens
    Packers vs. 49ers - I pick 49ers
    Buccaneers vs. Lions - I pick Lions
    Chiefs vs. Bills - I pick Chiefs (this is the only one I'm hesitant to call... the teams seem evenly matched to me)​
    We ended up with about 4 inches, though it's deeper in some spots, like the middle of our driveway turnaround. It's already up to 36 degrees and the drizzle's been going all night and expected to continue through late afternoon, so the thaw is well underway. Hopefully we should have enough melted off tomorrow to get out and get groceries.

Enjoy the playoffs, hope your picks win!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Who Knows - so glad you're now testing negative!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      We ended up with about 4 inches, though it's deeper in some spots, like the middle of our driveway turnaround. It's already up to 36 degrees and the drizzle's been going all night and expected to continue through late afternoon, so the thaw is well underway. Hopefully we should have enough melted off tomorrow to get out and get groceries.

Enjoy the playoffs, hope your picks win!
      Thanks!! 4 inches of snow is not too bad. We are just getting flurries now. Won't even accumulate into a dusting.

But it will be very cold this weekend. My sister just called sounding kinda frantic. She'd been getting headaches for the last day and a half. Turns out it was her heating system. She has some carbon monoxide!! Not bad enough to kill her or anything, just bad enough to get her sick. So she called asking for a temporary $$ loan so she can have someone come fix it tomorrow, because if she leaves the heat off there's a chance her pipes could burst. Bad timing!!

Comment

My sister just called sounding kinda frantic. She'd been getting headaches for the last day and a half. Turns out it was her heating system. She has some carbon monoxide!! Not bad enough to kill her or anything, just bad enough to get her sick. So she called asking for a temporary $$ loan so she can have someone come fix it tomorrow, because if she leaves the heat off there's a chance her pipes could burst. Bad timing!!

I hope they're OK now.

So The Office Saga... where were we... oh right, the computer shenanigans. I started writing it and then the short piece decided to take a turn away from where I was originally going with it. The shenanigans are still forthcoming, just not in this chapter but there's a part 2 coming that crosses over with the Unofficial Saga so just you wait.

Chapter I
        Chapter II
        Chapter III
        Chapter IV
        Chapter V
        Chapter VI
        Chapter VII
        Chapter VIII
        Chapter IX
        Chapter X
        Chapter XI
        Chapter XII
        Chapter XIII

Chapter XIV

Spoiler:
        Elizabeth stood staring at her laptop sitting atop her desk. Stood staring. Frustration had made her jump up from her chair five minutes earlier. That particular action had drawn attention from the lieutenant manning the desk in the gate area since she had accompanied that jump with quite a bit of grumbling, some mild stomping of the feet and a fair bit of fist-throwing.

"Insufficiant access rights? Insufficiant access rights! Insufficiant access rights."

Repeating the error message wasn't going to magically make it go away but Elizabeth thought it worth a try anyway.

"I'm the leader of this expedition. I have all the access rights, dammit."

She tapped her radio and called the head of the IT department, who hurriedly explained that something had gone wrong on the servers and they would have it fixed in no time. He promised he would alert her when the issue was resolved, until that time she would have to make do without her trusty laptop.

Elizabeth had a fairly good idea that 'in no time' usually meant they were desperately trying to conceal the fact that whatever had malfunctioned had done so in such an epic way that in no time was usually followed by the unavoidable 'It's dead, Jim!'.

Elizabeth sat back down, took a post-it note from her stack and made a note to likely be putting forth an order for new servers at some point in the not so very distant future. She stuck the note with its friends awaiting processing, near where John tended to plant his behind on habit. The stack seemed smaller than she remembered. It seemed she was missing a few notes again. Most likely they were stuck to the unsuspecting, but very desirable, behind of one Lieutenant-Colonel Sheppard.

On such previous occasion, he had walked around with a bright yellow sticky note stuck to his gluteus maximus for a fair amount of time, which had resulted in several subordinates giggling very unmanly-like as he had past them by in the hallway. Elizabeth had later learned from Laura that Carson had been the one to make John aware he was carrying something extra on his pants. Obviously, this particular piece of information had been conveyed with the necessary laughs and giggles such a tale deserved.​
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Thanks!! 4 inches of snow is not too bad. We are just getting flurries now. Won't even accumulate into a dusting.
          Hopefully it stays that way...looks like grocery shopping is postponed for another day, as the road down the hill is still icy. We might be able to get out in the truck this afternoon as it's got 4-wheel drive, but we'll see. Oh well.

But it will be very cold this weekend. My sister just called sounding kinda frantic. She'd been getting headaches for the last day and a half. Turns out it was her heating system. She has some carbon monoxide!! Not bad enough to kill her or anything, just bad enough to get her sick. So she called asking for a temporary $$ loan so she can have someone come fix it tomorrow, because if she leaves the heat off there's a chance her pipes could burst. Bad timing!!
          Oh no! I'm glad your sister is okay, and hopefully the heat got fixed quickly! That is really bad timing!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          So The Office Saga... where were we... oh right, the computer shenanigans. I started writing it and then the short piece decided to take a turn away from where I was originally going with it. The shenanigans are still forthcoming, just not in this chapter but there's a part 2 coming that crosses over with the Unofficial Saga so just you wait.

Chapter I
          Chapter II
          Chapter III
          Chapter IV
          Chapter V
          Chapter VI
          Chapter VII
          Chapter VIII
          Chapter IX
          Chapter X
          Chapter XI
          Chapter XII
          Chapter XIII

Chapter XIV

Spoiler:
          Elizabeth stood staring at her laptop sitting atop her desk. Stood staring. Frustration had made her jump up from her chair five minutes earlier. That particular action had drawn attention from the lieutenant manning the desk in the gate area since she had accompanied that jump with quite a bit of grumbling, some mild stomping of the feet and a fair bit of fist-throwing.

"Insufficiant access rights? Insufficiant access rights! Insufficiant access rights."

Repeating the error message wasn't going to magically make it go away but Elizabeth thought it worth a try anyway.

She tapped her radio and called the head of the IT department, who hurriedly explained that something had gone wrong on the servers and they would have it fixed in no time. He promised he would alert her when the issue was resolved, until that time she would have to make do without her trusty laptop.

Elizabeth had a fairly good idea that 'in no time' usually meant they were desperately trying to conceal the fact that whatever had malfunctioned had done so in such an epic way that in no time was usually followed by the unavoidable 'It's dead, Jim!'.

Elizabeth sat back down, took a post-it note from her stack and made a note to likely be putting forth an order for new servers at some point in the not so very distant future. She stuck the note with its friends awaiting processing, near where John tended to plant his behind on habit. The stack seemed smaller than she remembered. It seemed she was missing a few notes again. Most likely they were stuck to the unsuspecting, but very desirable, behind of one Lieutenant-Colonel Sheppard.

On such previous occasion, he had walked around with a bright yellow sticky note stuck to his gluteus maximus for a fair amount of time, which had resulted in several subordinates giggling very unmanly-like as he had past them by in the hallway. Elizabeth had later learned from Laura that Carson had been the one to make John aware he was carrying something extra on his pants. Obviously, this particular piece of information had been conveyed with the necessary laughs and giggles such a tale deserved.​
          AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! OMG, that's just too funny! At least the mental image of John with post-it notes on his butt cheered Elizabeth out of her cranky mood. Looking forward to Part 2! ​​​​​​​
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! OMG, that's just too funny! At least the mental image of John with post-it notes on his butt cheered Elizabeth out of her cranky mood. Looking forward to Part 2!
            Can't say that I experienced John's inconvenient hitchhiker but I have had post-it notes gone missing because they were sticking in places they should not stick.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Can't say that I experienced John's inconvenient hitchhiker but I have had post-it notes gone missing because they were sticking in places they should not stick.
              Oh dear, that must've been...interesting.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

I guessed all 4 divisional football playoff games correctly. Should have bet $$. My next predictions:

Ravens vs. Chiefs - I pick Ravens (I certainly hope so - I don't like the Chiefs)
                  49ers vs. Lions - I pick 49ers

Oh, and my sister is fine. Her heat was fixed, and her headaches are getting better.

I hope they're OK now.

Chapter I
                  Chapter II
                  Chapter III
                  Chapter IV
                  Chapter V
                  Chapter VI
                  Chapter VII
                  Chapter VIII
                  Chapter IX
                  Chapter X
                  Chapter XI
                  Chapter XII
                  Chapter XIII

Chapter XIV

Spoiler:

Oh man that is such a funny image!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                  Hopefully it stays that way...looks like grocery shopping is postponed for another day, as the road down the hill is still icy. We might be able to get out in the truck this afternoon as it's got 4-wheel drive, but we'll see. Oh well.

Well, I take it from your early post that you're going today?
                  Last edited by JT-2; 22 January 2024, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I guessed all 4 divisional football playoff games correctly. Should have bet $$. My next predictions:

Ravens vs. Chiefs - I pick Ravens (I certainly hope so - I don't like the Chiefs)
                    49ers vs. Lions - I pick 49ers
                    LOL! Maybe next time on the $$$!

Oh, and my sister is fine. Her heat was fixed, and her headaches are getting better.
                    That is VERY good news!

Well, I take it from your early post that you're going today?
                    We did actually get out later Saturday; it was a zoo. Thankfully all the snow's melted off now, so at least we won't have to deal with that on tomorrow's raiding party on the mainland.

Comment

No smut but Elizabeth still has a certain Colonel's butt on the brain cause it'll feature some more in part 2... she won't let me not write it in. Can be very persuavive that one.

Also, happy birthday to Claire (and RDA but that's not as important -- sorry mate).

...and I think I'll have to tie me down tonight otherwise I might wake up in Oz and I don't think the yellow brick road goes all the way back to my desk. Wooh, it's windy outside.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another mad raiding party shopping trip on the mainland, and boy am I tired! But we got lots of stuff, so there will be lots to put away tomorrow.

No smut but Elizabeth still has a certain Colonel's butt on the brain cause it'll feature some more in part 2... she won't let me not write it in. Can be very persuavive that one.
                        Heheheh...that's our Lizzeh!

Also, happy birthday to Claire (and RDA but that's not as important -- sorry mate).
                        Heh! Happy birthday to Claire and RDA!

...and I think I'll have to tie me down tonight otherwise I might wake up in Oz and I don't think the yellow brick road goes all the way back to my desk. Wooh, it's windy outside.
                        Eeep! Stay safe!

On the weather front out here, it was pouring rain this morning when we left, though we were able to dodge a lot of it while we were in stores. Forecast says it'll be windy tonight. I hope I'll sleep right through it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Looks like the computer shenanigans is spanning another chapter... It's a fast becoming a trilogy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Looks like the computer shenanigans is spanning another chapter... It's a fast becoming a trilogy.
                              So... Tech Terror, Tech Terror, Part II: The Server's Revenge, and Tech Terror III: Rise of IT?

Comment

So... Tech Terror, Tech Terror, Part II: The Server's Revenge, and Tech Terror III: Rise of IT?

Something like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X